A Not-So-Scary, Food & Wine, Fantastically Fall Week at WDW! *An Oct. 2015 TR***UPDATED 6/16**

dmlovullo

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!"
Greetings everyone! :welcome: to my very first TR! I am really excited to share our amazing week at WDW with all of you! I was sitting at work this morning thinking of Disney and then thought about how I still have not started my TR! So I quickly signed on to the DIS and then realized...I will not have access to any of my pictures! So I decided, thats OK! I will do a little background on me, since I am still fairly new here. So here it goes... :D

My name is Dawn and I live in Buffalo, NY. Yes, we do have pretty cold winters, but I love it! The cold and snow are beautiful, and I love winter clothing! Along with being a Disneyholic, I also play hockey for a Women's team in the area called the Buffalo Regals. We have been to Nationals in California which was a great trip (sadly, I did not have much vacation time so I could not extend my vacation and go to Disneyland:(). I am married to my best friend, Dan, who puts up with my Disney craziness. Don't let him fool you though, because he is starting to become quite the Disney enthusiast himself!

We took the plunge and are in the process of becoming DVC members! We bought a resale contract with our home resort being AKL! We are super excited at the thought that when we go next year we will be staying in one of the DVC villas! It is very surreal! :crazy2:

The first time I walked down the middle of Main St., USA was in 2001.
I was instantly hooked. :lovestruc I may have been fourteen, but I felt like I was a little kid again! All the Disney movies that I grew up with came to life in a way I never even dreamed of! After that, we visited in 2002, 2006, and 2009. Times they were a changing, and WDW would take on a whole new meaning to me and become even more magical in 2012! It was not only my first time staying on property, but my now husband, Dan, proposed to me! We went to the wishing well near Cinderella Castle for what I thought was a photo-op, it turned into the greatest proposal a lady like me could ask for! We then went back in 2014 for our “Disneymoon” in December, waiting six looooooong months after our wedding in June 2014.

My Disney love increased ten-fold that year, as I could not believe how wonderful Christmas time is in the Magic Kingdom! It gave us the feeling that we would never outgrow this magical place, a place we now deem our second home! Every time we are there now, we imagine what it will be like when we have children of our own and are taking them for their first time. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! We like having our time at the moment! :-)

Last edited:
INTRODUCTIONS

Hello everyone! As I had mentioned, this is my very first TR, so feel free to make suggestions and tell me what you think! If you are just joining in on our adventure, I will give a rundown on the particulars of our October 2015 trip!

Who will be staring in this TR?

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7492228819.jpg

My Husband, Dan and Me, Dawn!

Dan's Disney Favorites include: Trail's End Restaurant for breakfast, Boo to You Parade, Hallowishes, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania, Sci-Fi Diner, Buzz Lightyear, Goofy, Osborne Family Lights, MVMCP, MNSSHP, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.

Dawn's Disney Favorites include: Donald Duck, The Little Mermaid, Magic Kingdom, MVMCP, Osborne Family Lights, MNSSHP, Trail's End Restaurant for breakfast, Tonga Toast, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, Expedition Everest, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, planning vacations, exploring resorts, meeting fun CM's and people from all over that come together at WDW!

Dan and I stayed at Art of Animation Resort from October 3-9, 2015. We stayed in the Little Mermaid standard rooms.

IMG_1742.JPG

We enjoyed MVMCP so much last year to get us in the Christmas spirit, so it was time to take a trip during the fall to celebrate my second favorite holiday, Halloween! We attended MNSSHP and ate our way through WS at Epcot for F&W! We had such a great time...despite the lovely head cold I got while there. But I knew I had to "just keep swimming"...I was in Disney after all! All this and more to come!

(Continue to "Real Life Update")

Last edited:

Can't wait to read about your trip! I just found this so I'll have to read your PTR for now! How exciting that you're becoming DVC members! :thumbsup2

Joining in! Fall is my favorite time of year at Disney!

This is now our second favorite time of year! We are really big Christmas people, so Christmas takes the #1 spot!

Can't wait to read about your trip! I just found this so I'll have to read your PTR for now! How exciting that you're becoming DVC members! :thumbsup2

Thank you for joining in! We are super excited to be DVC members! We cannot wait until our first stay! We are going for late April/early May!

Joining in!!! Feeding my waiting time for next year by reading others Halloween and food and wine journeys! Haha!

Glad to have you here! This was our first year doing Halloween festivities and F&W. We enjoyed them a lot! :D

I just think that these kind of trips are so romantic, haha. I'm excited to follow along. My dream proposal is in Disney World...
But of course I would need a love interest first.... :rotfl2:

I just think that these kind of trips are so romantic, haha. I'm excited to follow along. My dream proposal is in Disney World...
But of course I would need a love interest first.... :rotfl2:

Welcome! Awww thank you! Maybe at Disney you will find your prince! :D

Welcome! Awww thank you! Maybe at Disney you will find your prince! :D

Haha, a girl can dream right? How cool would that be?!
And my family are DVC owners, and we absolutely love it.
This august we stayed at a one bedroom villa at the wilderness lodge,
BEST VACATION EVER.
Literally feels like a second home that you never ever ever want to leave!

Just found this TR and I am really looking forward to reading :goodvibes I'm new to the DIS boards and really enjoying/learning how everyone spends their time in WDW. Your costumes are so cute! Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

INTRODUCTIONS

Hello everyone! As I had mentioned, this is my very first TR, so feel free to make suggestions and tell me what you think! If you are just joining in on our adventure, I will give a rundown on the particulars of our October 2015 trip!

Who will be staring in this TR?

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7492228819.jpg

My Husband, Dan and Me, Dawn!

Dan's Disney Favorites include: Trail's End Restaurant for breakfast, Boo to You Parade, Hallowishes, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania, Sci-Fi Diner, Buzz Lightyear, Goofy, Osborne Family Lights, MVMCP, MNSSHP, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.

Dawn's Disney Favorites include: Donald Duck, The Little Mermaid, Magic Kingdom, MVMCP, Osborne Family Lights, MNSSHP, Trail's End Restaurant for breakfast, Tonga Toast, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, Expedition Everest, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, planning vacations, exploring resorts, meeting fun CM's and people from all over that come together at WDW!

Dan and I stayed at Art of Animation Resort from October 3-9, 2015. We stayed in the Little Mermaid standard rooms.

IMG_1742.JPG

We enjoyed MVMCP so much last year to get us in the Christmas spirit, so it was time to take a trip during the fall to celebrate my second favorite holiday, Halloween! We attended MNSSHP and ate our way through WS at Epcot for F&W! We had such a great time...despite the lovely head cold I got while there. But I knew I had to "just keep swimming"...I was in Disney after all! All this and more to come!

Stay tuned for our Day 1 fun! Travel/Arrival at AoA
FOllowing.....so excited to hear all about it. I love TRs!

BTW.....love, Love, LOVE the costumes! My DD7 and I are huge Star Wars fanatics! Her favorite ride was Star Tours. Did you wear that to MNSSHP?

And my family are DVC owners, and we absolutely love it.
This august we stayed at a one bedroom villa at the wilderness lodge,
BEST VACATION EVER.
Literally feels like a second home that you never ever ever want to leave!

That is so awesome! I cannot wait to stay at VWL! We were going to buy there but it just was taking forever to come up with the points we wanted. We always go there to explore when we are visiting WDW.

Just found this TR and I am really looking forward to reading :goodvibes I'm new to the DIS boards and really enjoying/learning how everyone spends their time in WDW. Your costumes are so cute! Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! I read many TRs before our last trip, they really are a good learning experience. You can find out about something you did not even know existed!

I'm here! So excited to follow along and see all that you guys experienced!
Your Halloween outfits are awesome!

Hi Su-Lynn! Great to have you along! Thank you! The hubs and I are super excited for "The Force Awakens"!

BTW.....love, Love, LOVE the costumes! My DD7 and I are huge Star Wars fanatics! Her favorite ride was Star Tours. Did you wear that to MNSSHP?

Welcome! Thank you! We did wear them to MNSSHP! DH and I are super excited for "The Force Awakens" so we decided to go Star Wars themed. Star Tours is a great ride! We go on at least 5 times a trip to try and get all the different expierences!

dmlovullo, looking forward to hearing more about your trip! We are also super excited about "The Force Awakens"...also can't wait for new Star Wars Land at HS! Anyway, waiting patiently for more from your TR:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter