A Nicki and Todd dining review...with the nieces!! LIVE from the Poly!

If it were me and she had sniffles yesterday I would skip the pool. What is the temperature outside? Maybe the food court has some chicken noodle soup or saltine crackers. it might be just a 24 hour bug that is going around and chances are her stomach does feel better.

I would see how she feels later but she should be ok to go to Kona I would think.

MK should be ok too.

Good Luck!!!

I hope she feels better and you too.

Oh my god, how awful!! :sad1:

I hope Kayla stays feeling better and that you will get to enjoy at least part of the day!
Sorry, no advice on anything else - no kids here either! I can only offer lots of pixiedust: for all of you!

Hang in there! :goodvibes

Oh you guys, I knew it was going to happen, I could just feel it...I was too lucky for too long...I dealt with going number 2 and wiping little yucky noses but the worst, the gawd awful thing that could possibly happen to someone like me happened....I had to deal with......SICKNESS! You know the kind, the kid wakes you up at 1am and was sick in the bed?

Me, the one that has zero kids, the one that can get sick just thinking about it had to deal with the worst event ever...comforting a very sick little 6 year old while trying not to be ill herself.

At one am Kayla woke me up, poor little thing. Todd, again no kid experience here either, called Mousekeeping and I took her in the bathroom. Mousekeeping is fantastic, they stripped the bed, brought in a cleaner to take care of the mattress and the carpet.

This happened again at 3 and again at 4:30....again Mousekeeping couldnt be more understanding and accommodating and were at our room within 10 minutes with more sheets, towels and everything else. They came by around 9am to tell us they will clean the carpets completely and change the mattress at noon today. THe poor CM that came to our rescue was amazing, he said there were 2 other little ones in our building that had the same problem too. Todd kept tipping him $20 for his troubles, trust me he was totally worth it....I wouldnt want to do it.

It has to be the very cold weather, the excitement of the trip, the food and stuff too. So now she is on a water and dry cereal diet...had to skip the Ohana breakfast and I cancelled the TH breakfast too because that is just too much for her to handle. We are still in PJ's this morning, have to love my DH who went to the food court to get us some bagels and coffee (I need it no matter how terrible it is). I think I had 4 hours of sleep total, Todd maybe 6. The little one woke up and said she feels so much better.

So now I have no idea what we are doing today. Maybe go to MK around noon for a few hours? Should I keep the Kona dinner and if so what should I feed her so we do not have a repeat of last night? How about lunch....what should she eat?

She says she wants to go swimming, is it safe to let her?

Sorry for all the questions but I am at a loss here and my sister is ZERO help to me right now...she is doing nothing but giving me grief and major attitude. Can you believe she wants me to take pics of them on rides and niot with charcters and general pics? How am I supposed to do that? THis is not a fair ground park where I can stay off to the side and snap pictures, this place is packed and I am on the ride with them.....I swear she is making this so hard on me!

Todd just got back with bagels and coffee...and they were pretty good but forgive me no pics of these ha ha

First, take a deep breath (you may need to step outside to do that) Ok, now relax, it will all be fine :hug:

Have Kayla take it easy this morning, make sure she's drinking--that's more important than food. If she really wants to eat something, let her. Somethings sound like the worst possible thing to eat with an upset stomach, but I've learned with my kids that their bodies tell them what they need/want. Just have her eat a small amount at first, if it sits well then she can have more. I wouldn't cancel dinner yet, these stomach bugs can pass quickly and she may be completely fine in a couple of hours. She may or may not want to eat much, but the rest of you will need to anyways.

As for swimming, as long as she's feeling better; hasn't thrown up in a few hours & isn't running a fever, I'd let her. Hopefully you'll both be able to take a nap and feel all better soon :goodvibes

Yikes! You poor thing! I agree. See how she is today and take it easy. If she is up to food then I think you will be okay at Kona. I'm sure if you ask they could make something very bland for her if she needs to. Maybe some plain rice...
Is it warm enough to swim down there now?
Let us know how today goes for you! pixiedust: Sending you and Kayla pixie dust!

My son had this problem the other day. He was sick for about 5 hours and then he was great. He was starving and acted as if nothing ever happend.

Take it easy. Hopefully, it will pass soon and you will be able to enjoy the rest of your trip!

Good Luck!
Kim

I dont know what I would do without you guys, you are just wonderful to help me out!

I guess we are headed out to the pool now, it is around 68 and there are a ton of kids in the pool already...since we have a ground floor view of the pool and she can see them in it she wants to go and have fun too.

Hopefully we will end the day at MK and no more repeat perfomances of last night! Will post whatever we eat today later tonight.

And thanks again everyone, in the words of young Kayla, you are the bestest!

Tell Kayla that we think her Aunt Nicki is the bestest! Hope you have a magical day pixiedust:

Yuk! I sure hope it's over for her and she's all better now!! As for food, the idea of chicken noodle soup is a good one. Bread should be fine, maybe applesauce, some plain rice? I would think Kona would have all of those, they should be accomodating. If she's fine all day today, though, and is able to keep down some basic stuff for lunch, and wants to eat a regular meal for dinner, it should probably fine. I'd just stay away from anything spicy or letting her stuff herself. Oh, and I'd avoid milk/dairy for at least today.

Oh Nicki, I'm sorry this happened.:hug: You've been given some excellent advice and I'll be praying that this passes very soon.

well well well....after reading the great review of the Princess Storybook breafast I had to modify my ADR's! Although we are doing CRT my kids would love to see the Princesses again! Thank you so much for the great review Nicki pixiedust:

Hon, I'm loving your reviews!

So sorry to hear the little one is sick. That's just no fun. I'm glad she's feeling better and hope you get to enjoy the pool. I'm with some of the other posters, make sure she's getting plenty to drink, and then if she feels up to it, maybe try some blander foods?

Hope things get better soon. :goodvibes

Awwww Nicki :grouphug: I'm so sorry to hear about your awful night. Its so difficult to try and be supportive and caring to children when they are sick and in your head you are freaking out. Sounds like you did an excellent job though!

Kona should be perfectly fine. They have fantastic bread (very good to absorb some of the acid in her tummy...gross but true!) And they used to have yummy chicken noodle soup. The chef at Kona is outstanding and will bend over backwards to accomodate people. He always comes out to our table and has made us off menu items before, so never fear its a great choice. :thumbsup2

Stay calm, take deep breaths and remember that kids are insanely resilient, they bounce right back from these things faster than you can imagine.

Sorry about your bad night!! Glad she's feeling better though.
Breakfast at Norway looks so good!! I hope you are able to enjoy Kona tonight!

I hope right about now you guys are all having a great time in MK! It is scary when you are responsible for someone else's child and they get sick. You did fine though and it seems your dn is having a quick recovery. I can not wait to hear about the rest of the day an how the girls enjoyed the pool!

I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids a shout out...YOU ARE AMAZING!

How do you guys do it? I asked the 6 year old five times, do you have to go the bathroom...NO she says...then we get in line and she says I have to go the bathroom NOW! Do you have any idea how many times she did that to me??

Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes? Or not holding my hand in a crowd? Or being a picky eater? Or having a temper tantrum? Cant even sit next to my own husband, the little one keeps getting in the way ;) All these things that used to irk me as a non parental unit now I completely understand!

You guys are my heros...now I need another drink....where's the Tylenol??

From a mom of 2...Thank you!:rotfl: I tell my husband that we'll get to know each other again someday!:goodvibes

EDITED...Oh no, I just read about your niece getting sick. Hoping this passes quickly. Your nieces are very lucky to have your for an aunt!

Hope Kayla is feeling better! I read your account of post midnight Mousekeeping to my DH and he was horrified AND impressed! Now we all know what to do in that worst case scenario...it's totally awesome that they took it upon themselves to clean the whole carpet and replace the mattress.

I hope Kayla is feeling better, and I hope you all had a great day.

I have to agree with everyone else, that you are a great aunt. You are the kind of sister every sister wishes she could have!!

I am also so glad for you that mousekeeping was great.

By the way...I hope you did get some pictures of them with the characters. Those pics are the priceless ones!!

Sorry you had to deal with a sick kid, that's the worst! Hope Kayla is feeling much better today!

I have to thank you for posting pics of the pancakes from the Princess breakfast. We've avoided it since my DS4 doesn't eat eggs (only waffles, pancakes and french toast). I had read an old post of someone asking for pancakes but no one recently would confirm that they were still available. Leave it to you Nic to confirm it for me!! Thank you so much!!!! :thumbsup2

Hope you had a warm day by the pool!

Nicki,

I just got caught up and hope the day went better. I hope tonight is smooth sailing too!

Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter