A newbie with questions...

Jen7079

Mouseketeer
Hello, we just purchased a new Fleetwood Excursion and now I am thinking of changing some of my Disney reservations to be split stays with 1/2 camping and 1/2 hotel. Does anyone else do this?

If I do this, can I park my RV at the hotel? Would they allow me to valet it (If I can't self park)?

When at the camp-site do they charge extra for power usage?

I had to book 6 days even though I only wanted to do 5 days, can I modify the reservation to only be 5 days?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

I have read through loads of posts on here, so I am sorry if I missed the answer to any of these questions.

TIA!!

Jennifer

1. If I do this, can I park my RV at the hotel? Would they allow me to valet it (If I can't self park)?

2. When at the camp-site do they charge extra for power usage?

3. I had to book 6 days even though I only wanted to do 5 days, can I modify the reservation to only be 5 days?

1. I think it depends on the resort. But no valet is going to want to drive a rig of that size and pretty sure valet parking is just for normal cars.

2. No

3. Yes

1. I think it depends on the resort. But no valet is going to want to drive a rig of that size and pretty sure valet parking is just for normal cars.

2. No

3. Yes

Thanks! I realized afterI posted that the valet question was kinda dumb lol. I barely want to drive it lol.

We would be moving to the Boardwalk.

Thanks! I realized afterI posted that the valet question was kinda dumb lol. I barely want to drive it lol.

We would be moving to the Boardwalk.

Would post the parking question in the main resorts forum here, but any camping question this is the place to be.

Physician that I work with does split stays each year between Fort Wilderness in his RV and the Polynisian. Says he never has a problem but he has to park his own rig and usually out on the fringes of the parking area.

Please dont be offended, but why would you split stay? out of FW? It this is your only DW trip then yes I see. But you have all the best and moving will cost you a 1/2 day of time. Packing up and relocating is atleast 4-8 hours no matter how you cut it.

I would hunker down in the RV and enjoy a drink at the outpost with your free time.

I am thinking of changing some of my Disney reservations to be split stays with 1/2 camping and 1/2 hotel. Does anyone else do this?
. . . most folks just stay in their RV for the vacation
. . . they find that the resorts are simply not as much fun as the RV and The Fort
. . . The Fort is simply too nice of a place to move to a different WDW resort

If I do this, can I park my RV at the hotel? Would they allow me to valet it (If I can't self park)?
. . . most resorts will have a large enough parking lot to accommodate the RV
. . . you will be told t put it in the most remote part of the lot
. . . no, the CM's ill not drive the RV (too much potential liability)

. . . no

I had to book 6 days even though I only wanted to do 5 days, can I modify the reservation to only be 5 days?
. . . yes, but wait until you are there
. . . if you modify now, the old ressie gets cancelled
. . . usually, the new ressie is made, then the old is cancelled
. . . but, some CM's reverse the process
. . . in such cases, you might lose out and not get the new ressie
. . . then, you have no ressie at all

. . . when parked at the resort, there is no power available for the RV
. . . thus, it will get REALLY HOT inside
. . . make sure anything harmed by heat is removed

I have read through loads of posts on here, so I am sorry if I missed the answer to any of these questions.
. . . no problem
. . we are here to help
. . . and, these were good questions for others to hear

Please dont be offended, but why would you split stay? out of FW? It this is your only DW trip then yes I see. But you have all the best and moving will cost you a 1/2 day of time. Packing up and relocating is atleast 4-8 hours no matter how you cut it.

I would hunker down in the RV and enjoy a drink at the outpost with your free time.

No offense taken, mainly the reason I am looking at the split stay for this trip in particular is because we are coming for the food and wine festival. And nothing beats walking in the back entrance to Epcot. This will also be our first stay at the campgrounds and being so unfamiliar with it has me nervous to book 10 days the first time. We will be at DW starting this weekend and some in my party will be doing the Segway tour so hopefully we will become more familiar with it through that. I have booked our December trip 100% at the campgrounds.

Now off to research the outpost...

I am thinking of changing some of my Disney reservations to be split stays with 1/2 camping and 1/2 hotel. Does anyone else do this?
. . . most folks just stay in their RV for the vacation
. . . they find that the resorts are simply not as much fun as the RV and The Fort
. . . The Fort is simply too nice of a place to move to a different WDW resort

. . . most resorts will have a large enough parking lot to accommodate the RV
. . . you will be told t put it in the most remote part of the lot
. . . no, the CM's ill not drive the RV (too much potential liability)

. . . no

. . . yes, but wait until you are there
. . . if you modify now, the old ressie gets cancelled
. . . usually, the new ressie is made, then the old is cancelled
. . . but, some CM's reverse the process
. . . in such cases, you might lose out and not get the new ressie
. . . then, you have no ressie at all

. . . no problem
. . we are here to help
. . . and, these were good questions for others to hear

Thank you so much, I "see" you all over the boards and you are always so helpful and knowledgeable.

I was able to call yesterday and change my reservations.

This is probably the most important if your FW half is after the hotel stay since you may pack perishable food your FW stay. Don't think you want to run a generator or fuel your frig (Some frigs run on propane right?) for those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter