A New Year, A New you ~ May/June & July Dieting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoroughly enjoyed Tony Romas was great to finally be able to go to my first DIS meet :)

Despite the cocktail and ribs (and takeaway the following night) i still managed to lose another 2lbs this week :)

Im about 8lbs away from my goal weight i think. But my real goal is getting comfortably back into my summer clothes. Has such a minimal wardroble last summer as i was pregnant im looking forward to having lots to wear :)

Good luck to everyone else this week!

Still struggling here,STS for weeks... Must keep positive though only one more stressful month to get through now and then my exam will be done with, fingers crosses that I don't need to re-sit it. Got fitted for new lingerie as none of mine were fitting correctly and I was surprised to find the change from 40d to a 36e, the lady said she wanted to get me into a 34e but personally that would have felt a bit too tight! maybe in a few weeks! I can comfortably fit in uk size 14s in shorts and trousers but tops uk size 16 are a struggle still oh my!!
Hopefully getting back into a normal exercise routine soon will help with any weight loss.
Well done to everyone, I have been reading along with you when I can. Keep up the great successes you are all achieving here and keep an upbeat attitude going and boogie off those pounds, bye for now.

Seems to have been the half pound loss club this week :lmao:

I had my weigh in today and am delighted to have lost another 2lbs. On my way to my next half stone and into a new stone number :goodvibes

Well done to everyone for keeping going and good luck for June :)

Thoroughly enjoyed Tony Romas was great to finally be able to go to my first DIS meet :)

Despite the cocktail and ribs (and takeaway the following night) i still managed to lose another 2lbs this week :)

Im about 8lbs away from my goal weight i think. But my real goal is getting comfortably back into my summer clothes. Has such a minimal wardroble last summer as i was pregnant im looking forward to having lots to wear :)

Good luck to everyone else this week!

:cool1: Yay ! Well done on another 2lbs loss Laura :cool1:

Still struggling here,STS for weeks... Must keep positive though only one more stressful month to get through now and then my exam will be done with, fingers crosses that I don't need to re-sit it. Got fitted for new lingerie as none of mine were fitting correctly and I was surprised to find the change from 40d to a 36e, the lady said she wanted to get me into a 34e but personally that would have felt a bit too tight! maybe in a few weeks! I can comfortably fit in uk size 14s in shorts and trousers but tops uk size 16 are a struggle still oh my!!
Hopefully getting back into a normal exercise routine soon will help with any weight loss.
Well done to everyone, I have been reading along with you when I can. Keep up the great successes you are all achieving here and keep an upbeat attitude going and boogie off those pounds, bye for now.

:yay: Well done on STS hun :wizard: Good Luck with your exam

Seems to have been the half pound loss club this week :lmao:

I had my weigh in today and am delighted to have lost another 2lbs. On my way to my next half stone and into a new stone number :goodvibes

Well done to everyone for keeping going and good luck for June :)

:cheer2: Well done on losing another 2lbs hun, keep up the good work :cheer2:

:blush: Oopsie, along with my own diet, I had completely forgotten about our dieting thread

So, how is everyone getting on ? I hope you're all still a bunch of losers :rotfl: (lol, you know what I mean :rotfl2:) or are you like me, and the only thing you've lost is the plot ? :crazy:

I really need to get a grip and get back into the swing of things

:wizard: Good Luck everyone, and sorry I've neglected this thread

Yes, I'm a loser :rotfl:

Lost 2lb last week and another 3 this week, so only 1/2lb off my next half stone :thumbsup2 I really can't believe that i've lost just short of 2 and a half stone since January. It was really sunny last weekend and I dug out my summer shorts, only for them to fall off me :cool1:

So, how's everyone else doing?

Yes, I'm a loser :rotfl:

Lost 2lb last week and another 3 this week, so only 1/2lb off my next half stone :thumbsup2 I really can't believe that i've lost just short of 2 and a half stone since January. It was really sunny last weekend and I dug out my summer shorts, only for them to fall off me :cool1:

So, how's everyone else doing?

:cool1: Wow ! That's brilliant Julie, I think it's time for some holiday clothes shopping :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Is it just me here :lmao:

Well, for some strange reason I put on half a pound this week! I don't know why - hand on heart I never ate a single thing over my allowance :confused3 So I now have 1Ib to lose to get to my next half stone.

My diet leader seems to think that I should vary the foods I eat more - so I've been doing that this week. Fingers crossed it makes a difference.

And yes Mandy - I need to go shopping....trying to hold off until the week before my hols.

How's everyone else doing?

Im here too :)

I changed my foods a few times (and any exercise too) i found sometimes it was a bit to boring and usually a shake up resulted in a good loss. So fingers crossed for you.

Ive plodded along for a few weeks but im finally just a few lbs from goal. Im back in my pre pregnancy jeans and holiday clothes. Although one or two pairs of shorts are a little snug still. Hopefully a few more lbs should sort that.

Overall ive lost just shy of 3 stone :)

I'll still be dieting but not as seriously as i was before. Healthy in the week but need my weekend vino back! :)

Is it just me here :lmao:

Well, for some strange reason I put on half a pound this week! I don't know why - hand on heart I never ate a single thing over my allowance :confused3 So I now have 1Ib to lose to get to my next half stone.

My diet leader seems to think that I should vary the foods I eat more - so I've been doing that this week. Fingers crossed it makes a difference.

And yes Mandy - I need to go shopping....trying to hold off until the week before my hols.

How's everyone else doing?

pixiedust: Fingers crossed for a loss this week hun

I changed my foods a few times (and any exercise too) i found sometimes it was a bit to boring and usually a shake up resulted in a good loss. So fingers crossed for you.

Ive plodded along for a few weeks but im finally just a few lbs from goal. Im back in my pre pregnancy jeans and holiday clothes. Although one or two pairs of shorts are a little snug still. Hopefully a few more lbs should sort that.

I'll still be dieting but not as seriously as i was before. Healthy in the week but need my weekend vino back! :)

:cheer2: Wow !! that's an amazing loss Laura, you should be very proud of yourself ::yes::

I am normally about, but I’ve been away to Malta, so I’ve had a couple of weeks off...;)

Pleased to report, despite being all-inclusive for a week I only gained ½ lb!! I guess that’s what running around after a toddler all week does for you ;)

And since, I’ve lost that ½ lb, so I’m now back at a total of 22.6lb since NY’s day. I’ve been back on My Fitness Pal for real since Monday this week, so I’m hoping to kick-start my losses again after a lovely two weeks off and enjoying some lovely food with friends and family :goodvibes

From briefly reading the thread it seems everyone is still going great, despite it now being June! Plenty have normally fell off the wagon by this stage in the year!

I am normally about, but I’ve been away to Malta, so I’ve had a couple of weeks off...;)

Pleased to report, despite being all-inclusive for a week I only gained ½ lb!! I guess that’s what running around after a toddler all week does for you ;)

And since, I’ve lost that ½ lb, so I’m now back at a total of 22.6lb since NY’s day. I’ve been back on My Fitness Pal for real since Monday this week, so I’m hoping to kick-start my losses again after a lovely two weeks off and enjoying some lovely food with friends and family :goodvibes

From briefly reading the thread it seems everyone is still going great, despite it now being June! Plenty have normally fell off the wagon by this stage in the year!

:cool1:Well done on only gaining 1/2lb on your holiday Rachel, and losing it since coming back :banana: Congrats on your total weight loss, that's brilliant ::yes::

Well done, it's amazing when you start to feel your clothes loose...well done your fantastic weight loss :thumbsup2

Great that you still managed a great holiday and only a little gain. I've been using My Fitness Pal too - it's great for getting calorie information. Well done keeping going :goodvibes

Well today I've lost 2.5 pounds :cool1::cool1: That's 2 stone, 8.5 pounds in total. I'm so chuffed and feel so much better than I did at the start of the year. I keep focusing on the next half stone, so 5.5 pounds to go now.

Only 3 weeks until my holiday, so I'm going to really push to get there so I can eat whatever I want when I'm away :rotfl:

I have decided to give myself a huge kick up the behind and start taking care of my self!

For too long I have put everyone else first!

I weighed my self for the first time in ages on the 11th of may and I nearly died, I was 17st 7lb!!!:( :confused3

I've always been big , but I never thought I was that heavy.

From 16 I'd always had very physical jobs working with horses , or on my feet all day chef-ing , but I had to give up at 21 to care for my DH.

I finally was able to start horse riding again last month, but it was clear after about 30 mins that I was super unfit , I am getting better though my muscles are remembering they exist and I haven't needed to take a break as much :cool1:

Anyway I decided to cut out full sugar Coke and only drink diet, and since May i've lost 7lb :cool1:

Me Dh and our friend Thom ( from our PTR) Have downloaded the MY FITNESS PAL app to track our calories and exercise.

I'm riding for 1 hour a week , doing a lot of schooling work so really working hard , and we are all trying to walk a few time a week .

It's early days but we are going to stick at it to get 'Theme Park Fit'

I have decided to give myself a huge kick up the behind and start taking care of my self!

I weighed my self for the first time in ages on the 11th of may and I nearly died, I was 17st 7lb!!!:( :confused3

From 16 I'd always had very physical jobs working with horses , or on my feet all day chef-ing , but I had to give up at 21 to care for my DH.

I finally was able to start horse riding again last month, but it was clear after about 30 mins that I was super unfit , I am getting better though my muscles are remembering they exist and I haven't needed to take a break as much :cool1:

Anyway I decided to cut out full sugar Coke and only drink diet, and since May i've lost 7lb :cool1:

Me Dh and our friend Thom ( from our PTR) Have downloaded the MY FITNESS PAL app to track our calories and exercise.

I'm riding for 1 hour a week , doing a lot of schooling work so really working hard , and we are all trying to walk a few time a week .

Well done on getting started, and your weight loss so far :thumbsup2 Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

For me, the best bit of advice I've ever been given was to keep it simple, and use a daily calorie allowance - that way you're not tied to a specific diet, you just know how much you can 'spend' each day. Just like your bank account, if you go over, you're in overdraft and if you go over calories, you end up overweight ;)

Good luck :goodvibes

Well done on getting started, and your weight loss so far :thumbsup2 Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

For me, the best bit of advice I've ever been given was to keep it simple, and use a daily calorie allowance - that way you're not tied to a specific diet, you just know how much you can 'spend' each day. Just like your bank account, if you go over, you're in overdraft and if you go over calories, you end up overweight ;)

Good luck :goodvibes

Thanks, that's exactly what i'm going to do, I know I couldn't cope with salad everyday, I can still eat things I like just in moderation

:yay: Well done on losing 7lbs Vicky :wizard: Good Luck hun

Will have to get back on track again soon all the stress has made me skip some meals. We have had a lot of strange days over the last few weeks which has not helped. I have also been poorly for the last month still fighting of an ear infection and sore throat too
. Today I leave my job after 22 years with the same employer but in different roles. We are having a buffet later provided by the management team so goodness knows what will be offered there. I will miss some if the staff after working closely with them for years but as in every work place there will be some I wouldn't miss too. Really gonna miss their moral support in the difficult days ahead but I am determined to find a new position that's right for me and my family and I have to be pro-active for this to happen so please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Our little kitty house guest is doing great ( off to the vet next week for spaying and vaccinations) she is up to a nice 4kg now there was little on her when she adopted us, we have had to put a new collar on her so we know who is who she is the double of our cat who seems to be tolerating her so far. This little kitty has been here a month now and we have been trying to get her better and do what's right for her, also a worry at the time but she is settling in well.
So next week I begin again to really shed some more pounds off and not add any more on or my holiday clothes will be a disaster.
Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight losses you have been having.

Will have to get back on track again soon all the stress has made me skip some meals. We have had a lot of strange days over the last few weeks which has not helped. I have also been poorly for the last month still fighting of an ear infection and sore throat too
. Today I leave my job after 22 years with the same employer but in different roles. We are having a buffet later provided by the management team so goodness knows what will be offered there. I will miss some if the staff after working closely with them for years but as in every work place there will be some I wouldn't miss too. Really gonna miss their moral support in the difficult days ahead but I am determined to find a new position that's right for me and my family and I have to be pro-active for this to happen so please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Our little kitty house guest is doing great ( off to the vet next week for spaying and vaccinations) she is up to a nice 4kg now there was little on her when she adopted us, we have had to put a new collar on her so we know who is who she is the double of our cat who seems to be tolerating her so far. This little kitty has been here a month now and we have been trying to get her better and do what's right for her, also a worry at the time but she is settling in well.
So next week I begin again to really shed some more pounds off and not add any more on or my holiday clothes will be a disaster.
Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight losses you have been having.

:wizard: Good luck getting back on track hun, and I hope you're feeling better soon too ::yes::

wow everyone is doing really well :cool1:

I lost 3.5lbs this week bringing my total loss to 1 stone 5 1/2 lbs since Jan - I am chuffed to bits and feel so much better :thumbsup2 Hopefully I will get to 1 and a half stone loss this week.:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter