*A New Year, A New You ~ Jan Dieting Thread*

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by mandymouse, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandymouse

mandymouse <font color=red>If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Moderator

:wizard: Good luck this week hun. I've had a naughty weekend too, I went out for an Indian meal Saturday night, then we had the family round for a little gathering last night with lots of cake and yummy nibbles, back on track today though ::yes::

:banana: Nice one, well done

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh-in this week hun

:woohoo: Well done on STS Jazzy, enjoy your zumba class

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Good luck every for this week. I need to make sure I'm good for the next two days as I was a little naughty over the weekend :)

4. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Another pound lost yay!! I think I'm breaking the crank on my trainer though eek:( it's clanking and banging all the time just like when a bike wheel crank goes wrong. I need to find a good inexpensive replacement as I don't relish walking around the park in this weather. I'm getting used to working out on it for an hour each time now which is good it's building up my stamina for the parks. Anyone got some good free music Apps to listen to at the moment?? I have been listening to Sorcerer Radio app which was free and plays music from the resorts, park rides and queuing areas plus the monorail and railroad spiel as well as from the films fun for a hole but there's only so much "chipmunks" and teen stuff I can withstand. Thanks girls and guys for your encouragement and enthusiasm keep up he good work everyone

5. darthtatty

darthtatty Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Sounds like everyones doing fab. :thumbsup2
    Im still at it :rotfl2:
    lost 16lbs the past few weeks, hoping to lose as much as possible before my OZ holiday in March. Then hoping to book WDW for next August, so need to lose loads more for that. :)
    Ive just taken over running a SW support forum, so pretty busy there.
    Still like to keep an eye on how everyones doing though :goodvibes

Good luck everyone.xx

6. mandymouse

:wizard: Good luck over the next few days Laura, I hope your weigh-in goes well

:cool1: Well done on losing another pound, keep up the good work

:banana: Wow !! you've done so well Nicky, that's great :banana:

7. darthtatty

darthtatty Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Thanks Mandy, looks like everyone else is doing great to.
    Its so hard to do it when the weather is cold, you just want to eat stodge and wrap up warm. :)

8. Tinks1984

Tinks1984 <font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon

Another loss here...:banana: So pleased that another 2.8lbs gone! Takes me to 7.8lbs in total, so I've reached my mini-goal for the week of half a stone!

Super made up, after birthday cake over the weekend too!

Well done everyone as well, I've read all the comments, but don't have time to quote at the moment, as I'm on my break at work! STS people...keep going, least there's been nothing gained.

Stick at it everyone, will check in again when I get a moment! :goodvibes

9. mandymouse

Tell me about it Nicky, January has been a tough month for me as we celebrate so many family and friends birthdays (including my own). The final birthday for a few months is my DD's tomorrow, then I will really concentrate on eating healthily ::yes::

:dance3: Yay !! Well done Rachel on reaching your first mini target, I'm thrilled for you, keep up the good work

10. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Wooo another 2lbs down. That takes my total to 20lbs since the end of November.

I've got 1lb to go until I reach my first goal of losing 10%. Hopefully I'll get there next week.

Good Luck everyone else this week, hopefully now the snow has gone it will make things easier :)

11. paul_toria96

paul_toria96 DIS Veteran

Not been doing very well since New Year, but started the 5:2 diet on Monday and lost 4 lb this week!

I've been following MFP and sticking to my calories but put the weight on, go figure! Not even lost any inches, but since Monday I feel so much better, I know it's only Wednesday but if it's gives me a boost, don't care.

Well done to everyone who's loosing, and keep on with it xx

12. Jazzy B Bunny

Jazzy B Bunny Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried the Tesco own brand appetite suppressants? They aren't fat burners, its literally something that makes you feel full. I'm constantly feeling hungry :(

13. bee86

bee86 DIS Veteran

Have you tried drinking some water and leaving it a little while before you eat. Most of the time we mistake hunger for thirst......? Maybe try this before the fat burners? Drink a glass of water or two when you feel hungry leave it awhile if you still feel hungry then eat if not it was thirst?

14. pampat

pampat Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Well, didn't attend weigh in last week as we were in England househunting. Yes, we sold our house and last week bought a new one - we don't mess about! We've lived in hotels for 5 days so was expecting the worst, but I'm 1lb down this week. I'm delighted!

Pam

15. Jazzy B Bunny

Jazzy B Bunny Mouseketeer

I do when I can, but its difficult when at work or out as I can't go to the loo that often.

16. mandymouse

:banana: Yay ! Well done Laura, I hope you reach your first goal next week ::yes::

:cool1: That's great Toria, well done

That's what I try to do too ::yes::

:woohoo: Well done Pam, that;s great considering you've got the stress of moving and living in a hotel

17. higgy66

higgy66 <font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go

Sorry didn't weigh myself last week as I've had that horrible cold visus that's doing the rounds

Had weekly weigh in today and lost 1LB which is about right as I usually loose 1/2lb a week

Might drop to weighing myself every other week now as I've reached my target but as usual always want to go that few lbs under!!

As this 5/2 diet has so many health benefits I'm continuing even if I do not loose any more weight - and hopefully at least I'll maintain and not gain any back which is the hardest bit

It's a normal day today so just typing this while eating a piece of Christmas cake! :rotfl2:

Some great loses everyone - keep up the good work!

18. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

I got some news today, i have been given a place on a college course starting next week!! It is a free course to learn I.T. stuff and it has been quite some time since I was last in a learning environment that was not involving DS !! So I will be busy with course work and homework for the next 20 weeks. Not sure how that will affect my exercise program at the moment but i hope to continue to lose the weight off so I can get to my target of 10 stone again. Wish me good luck I certainly will need some, it will be odd being a "mature student" with a pass and discount card and all that... Hey I might get some discounts on clothing you never know.

Good luck everyone, I will keep popping in I promise to catch your encouragement and enthusiasm, and keep motivated on your goals!!

19. mandymouse

:banana: Well done on losing another pound Janet, you must be thrilled to have reached your target ::yes::

:wizard: Lots of Luck at college, I hope you enjoy the course :wizard: and Good Luck with your dieting too :wizard:

20. stba2006

stba2006 DIS Veteran

Lost 1lb this week. Am really quite pleased as had a bit of a lapse(actually quite a big one :rotfl: ) on Sunday, so didn't think I would have lost anything.

The main thing that got me back on it on the Monday was the help and encouragement from every-one on here so thank-you :goodvibes

Good luck for this coming wk every-one :)

21. mrferret

mrferret Drafting to the front

Had a good week this week both me and DW lost this week .
    I finally broke the 13stone barrier after three sts weeks ::yes::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.