A new Hotel is coming to the Anaheim Resort area in 2014

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by Darkbeer1, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Darkbeer1

Darkbeer1 Earning My Ears

Yes, it has been a while since I have been here, in fact I tried to enter under the original account (without the 1), but I have some exciting news.....

Well, we have been promised some new properties recently, including some Disney Managed ones at Anaheim GardenWalk (still waiting financing) and the new 4 star that is supposed to be built at the south east corner of Harbor and Katella (also delayed finance issued), but here is one that is self-financed, so should happen on time.

The franchise owners of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel (aka HoJo's Anaheim) owns the land across the street from the current Hotel, including where Mimi's Cafe is located (they lease the land to the restaurant), and it is not part of the new plans.

But the empty land by the Fairfield Inn and Quality Inn & Suites (currently overflow parking for HoJo's) will be the location of a new property that is scheduled to open in 2014 (all the permits have been issued). I have been told they are planning larger rooms than HoJo's, and a larger Water Feature play area. The franchise owner is currently looking for a Hotel company, such as Marriott, InterContiential, Wyndham, and others, to become the "brand" of the property.

But it looks like it should be a great addition to the area, for those TA folks that like to plan in advance, is something to keep in mind.

Still doing my photos/videos at darkbeer.smugmug.com, and working with the American Coaster Enthusiasts in reporting news and events.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kylie71

kylie71 DIS Veteran

Very exciting! Thank You for the info!

Lori

4. lulubelle

lulubelle <font color=darkorchid><marquee> I am Miss Klutz W

Well that is very exciting news, thanks Darkbeer!
    Actually 2014 seems really quick to have an entire hotel up and ready to go. Is construction starting soon? I will keep my eye out in that area. ;)

5. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

Thanks for the info, Darkbeer. Nice to know. :)

Let me know if you'd like help getting in under your regular name.

6. Darkbeer1

Drove by the property last night (heading to the LA Galaxy Celebration). So from the freeway, no signs.

Need to go to the Anaheim Convention Center this Sunday (attending the Anaheim Bolts PASL game), and will stop at the "empty lot" before the game.

Willl let you know the status after the drive-by....

7. Darkbeer1

I should add, we drove through the Carpool lane entry/exit for Gene Autry Way, the west bound road is almost done (lots of Palm trees have been placed).

When done, in about a month, the car pool access from Harbor Blvd. will much better (the entrance will be south of Katella).

8. eduk8r26

eduk8r26 DIS Veteran

Not part of Anaheim Resort, but I noticed that a Great Wolf Lodge is going up farther down Harbor in Garden Grove. Still only about a 10 minute drive from Disney.

9. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

ooh, Great Wolf Lodge is a lot of fun - wonder how it will do in that area?

10. ColoradoLime

ColoradoLime Pure Disney Lover

We stayed at a Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City...SO MUCH FUN!

11. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

I have been waiting for the GWL, it will be a great option for winter travel!