A new Bump thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is not right for companies to take advantage of people on vacation, and try to get away with out paying them.

Hope you don't have to do too much work while on vacation Brandi.

Every trip I make to WDW either I or my DD gets an "emergency" call from work. Every single time.

It is not right for companies to take advantage of people on vacation, and try to get away with out paying them.

Hope you don't have to do too much work while on vacation Brandi.

Every trip I make to WDW either I or my DD gets an "emergency" call from work. Every single time.

What do they expect people to do? Drop everything and come back?

Oh I will get paid.... I will charge every hour that I work....

That means that I will save more of my vacation hours for my trips later...

In my case, I wasn't really being called to work, just stupid stuff. On two different trips I was called and was told that the girl working for me hadn't come in yet....HELLO....I'm in FLORIDA!!!! Well, yeah, but can you call her cell & see where she is? Geez.

We had a manager in our zone once who gave his notice, another person who was taking charge for my boss while on vacation called me and we worked it out what needed to happen. Well my boss's boss called her while she was in Hawaii, did he really think she was coming back?

Brandi - That's terrible! Definitely keep good records if they call you!

Thankfully, it's Friday bump!

In my case, I wasn't really being called to work, just stupid stuff. On two different trips I was called and was told that the girl working for me hadn't come in yet....HELLO....I'm in FLORIDA!!!! Well, yeah, but can you call her cell & see where she is? Geez.

It is amazing to me sometimes that adult professional empłoyees cannot think for themselves. I have the same problem here.

We had a manager in our zone once who gave his notice, another person who was taking charge for my boss while on vacation called me and we worked it out what needed to happen. Well my boss's boss called her while she was in Hawaii, did he really think she was coming back?

I have seen that the higher you get in the organization that the less you can rational think things through. Always have others doing it for you.

Bump

The company I worked for found out the hard way, they worked us managers to death. They thought we exempt. They found out when someone sued, they had to go back and pay all managers 5 yrs of over time pay...that was a sweet check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter