A look back at what Jim Hill said in 2005 was coming to WDW...

Large Single Person Seeks Dinner Date with Willing Tourists
An abominable Snowman, who’ll stand over 20 feet tall, will be the star of Expedition Everest. He will be an unmannerly, ill-tempered creature with pointy fangs, matted fur, and razor sharp claws, who’ll take a swipe at every trainload of guests as they whiz backwards (Yikes!) down the mountainside.
Wrong! (He almost got this one right … but then he went and said that the yeti would swipe at the train as it ran backwards. Nope.)

But it did...

In regard to the OP's critiques, I don't think he's being the most objective reporter either.

I'm not sure what isn't "objective" about posting exact quotations, and noting that what they said would happen, didn't happen...

Keeping in mind that things do change, discounting his prediction regarding the yeti because the exact location of the AA figure was a couple yards off isn't really fair in my opinion.

The backwards section of EE isn't "yards" from the yeti. It's a quite distinct part of the attraction. Respectfully, I think you may be the one who isn't being "objective".

Even though I don't think this good thread for the Board. I think our board members would like to express themselves on this topic. So please be respectful of each others opinions. Please. don't let this thread become argumentative or personal attacks on each other. Feel free to express your thoughts and don't feel like somebody that disagrees with you as a personal attack.:) TIA Danny:)

But it did...

Aww..Betty the Yeti looks so good in her younger days. Thankfully I got "swiped" at before her arthritis set in and she had to be placed in traction. (I know it wasn't her...it was the structure she was standing on that was having issues.)

Oh and there is a Jack Skellington hidden in the Haunted Mansion at WDW. Well he was there about 5 years ago.

This is very interesting to read. As far as pointing out the EE direction at the Yeti, well he was technically wrong but that is nitpicking a bit.
I wonder how accurate the predictions will be about all the new expansion at WDW and would like to see in 10 years from now how they worked out.
This is why any "unofficial" reports must be taken with a grain of salt. CM's may be repeating rumors and of course it is not official unless you hear it from a bus driver.:worship::worship::worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter