A little Texas Christmas Magic - 12/21/2012

Wow, this really is a "quiet" group compared to other cruises I've been on. It's nice, I can keep up with this volume.

Hello all, my DH and I will be on this cruise. We are traveling with 4 other couples. We all met on the 2003 DCL Christmas Cruise, and this is our first full reunion. So excited!!

We are childless, and this will be my 12 DCL cruise, and my DH's 11th. This is also our 3rd Christmas cruise. We really love the way Disney does Christmas on the ships.

Anyone else Platinum and booking ressies later this week? I think it's 8/24? I've done so little planning. Wondering if anyone knows what nights semi and formal night will be. I believe formal night is usually 12/24. Not sure about semi...

Looking forward to this cruise!!!

According to cruisefish this morning 75% of cabin categories for our cruise are still available. If that trend continues it will mean a way less crowded ship. Also just learned DCL is changing some Galveston itineraries from 8 days to two four night back to backs. They claim because of overwhelming demand for a stop at CC. Has some folks hopping mad. Just hope they don't mess with ours.

Madhattr said:
According to cruisefish this morning 75% of cabin categories for our cruise are still available. If that trend continues it will mean a way less crowded ship. Also just learned DCL is changing some Galveston itineraries from 8 days to two four night back to backs. They claim because of overwhelming demand for a stop at CC. Has some folks hopping mad. Just hope they don't mess with ours.

75% available for their Cmas cruise? Wow :0

I think our itinerary might be safe because of where Christmas falls in the schedule.

75% available for their Cmas cruise? Wow :0

Friday the 21st sail away is tough - many schools are still in session. It'll be tough for our kids even though we live close to port, they finish final exams Friday morning. My grade-school aged nephew will miss 2 days because his family will fly in on Thursday to leave a cushion for winter weather delays.

We live close to Galveston. The date was one f the reasons we didn't book. The price versus the Fantasy for same time
Period was the other :(

I wish Disney had more sailings that school age kids could sail.

Hi Everyone

Been busy planning and not so busy posting here. I'm guessing we should arrive at Moody Gardens around 5pm (we fly into Hobby at 3pm). My current dilemma is what time to book a car to take us back to Hobby for a 1.40pm flight - are we likely to be off the ship by 10am?

I'm starting to do some homework re FE as I will need to be pretty organised to have it with us as we leave home in early December. I'm amazed that the cruise isn't more highly booked over Christmas - that is super peak time here to travel as school is out from early December to beginning of February.

Anyone game to start making a list of participants - I'm guessing we need names, ages, etc? I'm hoping you more experienced cruisers can point a newbie in the right direction!

Regards

Liz

Hi All -
We have been on a few Disney Cruises...however I'm new to this site....infact this is my first post! My family (myself, husband and 3 daughters age 14 and twin 11's) and in-laws are looking forward to cruising over the holidays! We are from Arizona.

We are interested in participating in the FE's.

:wizard: hi all really excited to be on this cruise first XMAS CRUISE. We will be flying into Texas from California. wooohoooo I hope it all goes well with the whole flying in the busy month of December. I'm interested in fe aswell it will be DH, DS 11yrs , DD 6yrs. And myself :wave2:....

I will be willing to help but im not that experience....:rotfl2: I do know that we also need cabin numbers.

UOTE=gizmoliz;45911310]Hi Everyone

Been busy planning and not so busy posting here. I'm guessing we should arrive at Moody Gardens around 5pm (we fly into Hobby at 3pm). My current dilemma is what time to book a car to take us back to Hobby for a 1.40pm flight - are we likely to be off the ship by 10am?

I'm starting to do some homework re FE as I will need to be pretty organised to have it with us as we leave home in early December. I'm amazed that the cruise isn't more highly booked over Christmas - that is super peak time here to travel as school is out from early December to beginning of February.

Anyone game to start making a list of participants - I'm guessing we need names, ages, etc? I'm hoping you more experienced cruisers can point a newbie in the right direction!

Regards

Liz[/QUOTE]

My family (DW, DD7, DD9, DMother,DDad, and DBrother) just booked today! SO EXCITED, as this will be our first cruise. Can anyone point my in the best direction to start?

The DW and I are taking DS(19) over Christmas break from UT Arlington IF his grades meet our expectations. Cabin 7594 Also trying to get our table mates (Amber and Samuel) from last Cruise to join us, sorry to say they cannot join us, but we did Paid in Full so I am so ready to go on this cruise. I have seen the December trip reports with the decorations and can't wait.

I'm not sure if I am doing this right or not. I'm new to the DIS Board. We are booked for the cruise leaving on the 21st of Dec. I have a DS that will be 18. His bday is in Oct so he just misses the teen club. WE live in TX now but are from the Richmond VA area.

We have been booked for well over a year but I just found out about this board. I'm hoping I will learn a lot. My DH and DS(18) are second time cruisers with DCL, but it has been 15 years since the first one. We also have a DD(11) and DS(5).

I'm hoping there will be other 18-20 year olds with their family's on the cruise.

Can anyone tell me what if anything special they do during Christmas cruises?

I'm also looking for suggestions of what to do about Santa finding the little ones.

I have so many other questions, I don't know if I should do a thread for each one.

Another question, with being a Castaway Club member, what does that do for you? I can't sign in online with the numbers I have been given.

Thank you for all of your help

We have been booked for well over a year but I just found out about this board. I'm hoping I will learn a lot. My DH and DS(18) are second time cruisers with DCL, but it has been 15 years since the first one. We also have a DD(11) and DS(5).

I'm hoping there will be other 18-20 year olds with their family's on the cruise.

Can anyone tell me what if anything special they do during Christmas cruises?

I'm also looking for suggestions of what to do about Santa finding the little ones.

I have so many other questions, I don't know if I should do a thread for each one.

Another question, with being a Castaway Club member, what does that do for you? I can't sign in online with the numbers I have been given.

Thank you for all of your help

Hi! We will also cruise with a DS18.

We may throw the stockings in the suitcase & Santa may just bring some small things.

Hi! We will also cruise with a DS18.

We may throw the stockings in the suitcase & Santa may just bring some small things.

Where are you from? We are in Katy. My son is a senior. When I booked the cruise over a year ago I was told that he would still be able to go to the teen club as long as he brought his high school id. But, I got an email back in May saying the rules changed.

Hi all!
We just booked this cruise! We were originally going to sail the New Years one but am really excited about going over Christmas! It will be me, Taina, DH Ben,
DS Ben 15 who is a HS sophomore, and DD Kaitlyn 17 who is a senior. We live near Katy in Fulshear. We have sailed the Magic several times and are looking forward to sailing her without having to fly! We are headed down to Galveston tomorrow to see her, as well as attend a commissioning of the USS Ft Worth Navy ship. DH is retired military. Are there any other retired or active duty on this sailing?:)

This is a very quiet board! I'm assuming that its not very booked yet, or perhaps there are new cruisers who don't know about this board, or large family groups are going and are making their own plans with their families? Also, the last day of Public school in the area is on Friday Dec 21st and its also finals week for junior and high school. I'm hoping our teens will be exempt from a final that day (they usually are). Guess there could be lots of other reasons I haven't thought of. In any case, this will be our first Christmas cruise but my 9th DCL cruise. I'm planning to read some previous Magic Christmas trip reports to see what goes on, but I have heard of activities like the tree lighting ceremony, gingerbread house making, and a visit from Santa. I'm sure the sea days will be packed with lots of things! I plan to decorate our rooms. Doing small artificial trees in both (tabletop size). I do know DCL does not allow any lights on the tree. But I've got some Disney Christmas non-breakables I'm bringing. That's one advantage to being able to drive.
I also wanted to let any active duty or retired military know that a military rate is being offered for this cruise. (Code is MTO). It's not publicized anywhere, I just found out my entering it for December cruises. It's for new bookings only but may be well worth the savings even if you have to cancel and rebook. :)
Oh, and I have a 17 year old DD that has been in the teen club for our last 4 cruises, and the last time she couldn't find any girls older than 14 or 15 hanging in there. She's a senior. Anyone have a senior girl on this cruise?

I also wanted to let any active duty or retired military know that a military rate is being offered for this cruise. (Code is MTO). It's not publicized anywhere, I just found out my entering it for December cruises. It's for new bookings only but may be well worth the savings even if you have to cancel and rebook. :)
Found it on the Disney Cruise website:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-rates/

Date Category Rates Per Person Starting From
December 21, 2012 11B $90 per Night

Thank you cheesehead, I have friends who want to join us and can't wait to tell them.

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter