A little of everything WDW YES MNSSHP US/IOA Seaworld Legoland and more FINISHED

October 23
Magic Kingdom
Get er done

We have a mission. Finish up everything we've missed in Fantasyland because it's our final MK day. It's time for our Winne the Pooh fastpasses. I was bummed we missed so much of the new interactive que because they were building it during our last trip, however, I wasn't going to wait a long time for such a short ride just to see a few games
ry%3D400

A quick ride on the carousel
ry%3D400

After the carousel we realized we needed to hustle to Storybook Circus before our fastpasses expire. We had ridden Dumbo during MNSSHP (well, the kids and I had) but we hadn't let them explore much. They were excited to finally get to see what was inside the tent
ry%3D400

We got our ticket
ry%3D400

and Mom and I found a bench while the kids played the games. DS thought it was cool, DD was just a tiny bit bored.
ry%3D400

We gave up before the pager went off but they went ahead and let us ride. Since Granny had been braving all the "big high" rides, she decided to take her first ever ride on Dumbo
ry%3D400

We went into Pete's Silly Sideshow. This I'm not really a fan of. You have to get in line to see Minnie and Daisy or Mickey and Goofy and Donald. You don't get to see them all unless you get in line twice. Both the lines were crazy long. We opted for the girls first so we could see Daisy
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And nothing like a little sympathy from her favorite character
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The line for the "boys" was crazy long. The kids decided since we had already seen them at Chef Mickey's we could skip them. I wanted to go so we could get picture with the new costumes, but I got outvoted, but a lot.

The kids took a quick dip in the play area while I made pit stop so there are no pictures of it. They didn't get very wet so there must not be that much water?

We wanted to go back and hit the new expansion area but it was closed. I'm so glad we took the time to during MNSSHP, but I really wanted to see it during the day. Since we couldn't go there, we were now finished with Fantasyland and we were headed towards Tomorrowland!

October 23
Magic Kingdom
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow - Land

I'm not sure what kind of crack they infuse into the exhaust fumes of the Tomorrowland Speedway, but my kids can't stay away. It's a multiple time a trip ride for them. Blech. But with faces like this, being beat around the car when DS loses control of the steering wheel is worth it.

ry%3D400

DS gets out of the car and announces he's hungry. He didn't eat much at CRT, and he hadn't really touched his dinner the night before because of his fever, so we stopped for pretzels and slushies

Mickey pretzel
ry%3D400

We stopped for a few minutes break and people watched. We debated fastpasses for Space Mountain, but we had so many other things we wanted to do that day we decided to skip it since we had ridden it at MNSSHP. I was pretty surprised that DD would skip it. It's one of DS's favorites but he just wasn't 100%

We decided to finish our grand tour of Tomorrowland by starting at Carousel of Progress
ry%3D400

And then the kids were begging to ride Stitch. Now, I have a total hate relationship with this ride. It makes me totally claustrophobic. When we explained the ride to Granny, she decided she could handle it and took the kids without me. This was my first break from the kids during the whole trip and it was so nice to just sit in the shade and people watch for awhile.

Stitch
ry%3D400

Next up, a little competition on Buzz.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had done Monsters Inc and TTC already, so we were now finished with our list in Tomorrowland and ready to move on. I was impressed with our timing and lack of crowds. We were walking on to everything. So far we had done more in just a few hours than we had done in the entire day on the EMH Friday.

We decided to make our way to Adventureland and stumbled across the castle show.
ry%3D400

October 23
Magic Kingdom
Run away!

This will be a pretty short post :) With Magic Carpets closed for refurb, and having already ridden Pirates and Jungle Cruise and walked Swiss Family Robinson TreeHouse, there was only one thing left to do.

I can hear you yelling at me to run away. And we should have :lmao: DD and I had "experienced" it on our mother/daughter trip. DS and Granny had never been in it. I apologized to Mom the whole time we were in line.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

To tell you how bad it was, my mother threatened to disown me if I ever made her do it again.

October 23
Magic Kingdom
Keep on movin

As if Tiki Birds weren't enough animatronic torture, let's go watch some bears!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Now if this is you, I apologize now, but there was a lady sitting behind us with a little girl. The woman, in a high pitched sing song voice narrated the ENTIRE show. "Oh, look, that bear is wearing a dress. That bear has a teddy bear. The bears are all singing". We literally heard not one word of a song because this woman talked the ENTIRE time. I so wanted to tell her to shut it but my mom wouldn't let me:rotfl:

We grabbed fastpasses for Splash which had a decent wait, then walked right onto BTMR. Weird timing. And even weirder that I took zero pictures of BTMR! But I had the waterproof camera out and snapped lots of Splash.
ry%3D400

Laugh with me because my mom rides every ride with her eyes closed
ry%3D400

and a couple of wet bottoms. And no, DS is not peeing :scared1:
ry%3D400

DS and Mom had never been to Tom Sawyer Island, so we headed out that way. It's usually on my list to skip, but we had pretty much marked off everything from our list, and we had plenty of time to kill before dinner, so off we went. It's a good place to let the kids run

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Haunted Mansion from Tom Sawyer Island
ry%3D400

The raft ride back was less than smooth, well, the docking was pretty bumpy. Think our captain was a little inexperienced :)

Once we were back on land, we realized it was 2:45 and we could head to watch the parade. I honestly avoid parades because of the crowds and the time suck, but we were pretty much done with MK. We found a primo spot right in front of Town Square Theater and decided that when the parade was over, we'd go meet Rapunzel. Perfect timing.

DS is a master hula hooper. I think he would have rather done that than watch the parade!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

a little karate chop action from Anastasia
ry%3D400

As soon as the parade was over, we ducked inside the theater to meet the Rapunzel. The wait time said 20 minutes but we were the ONLY people in line. This was a great time to go in there. Each princess spent a ton of time with the kids
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The CM asked us if we were going to go see Mickey too, which we hadn't really planned on, but he snuck us over there with absolutely no wait again.
ry%3D400

and a quick pic of Granny on the way out
ry%3D400

We decided to hit the shops for a little bit since we still had some time left before our dinner reservation. We bid a sad farewell to the Magic Kingdom and headed to the monorail, where we caught the Thor car!
ry%3D400

October 23
Ohana
It means family. And no one goes home hungry

Last trip we stayed at the Poly, so it was nice to go back and visit. We are "mixed" fans of the Poly. We loved the room space, the monorail access, the restaurants, the views, walking the grounds late at night. However, we had bad mousekeeping and we didn't care for the crowds coming to eat, watch EWP and fireworks etc. It just wasn't very relaxing. I thought I'd miss it when I saw it again, but kinda didn't.

The kids and I went to Ohana last time and Granny skipped out to hang with BFF that night, but the kids raved for days after about how great it was. When I was making plans for this trip, she asked if she could go this time. I got up at 6am at 180 days to make this reservation for her. Good daughter! :cheer2:

We got to the Poly really early and decided to let the kids play on the beach while Mom and I just sat for awhile.
ry%3D400

I snagged a hammock
ry%3D400

and Granny hid out on a lounge chair
ry%3D400

We literally had to drag the kids off the beach. Who knew it could be so fun digging in the sand with just a couple of sticks and no buckets or shovels? We checked in to Ohana and still had to wait quite awhile. I immediately ordered one of these and Mom followed suit
ry%3D400

The kids joined in on the parade (Doesn't DD look thrilled?)
ry%3D400

A little fun with leis
ry%3D400

and a very full DD
ry%3D400

I had planned our dinner to be able to finish dinner in time to walk to the beach to watch EWP and Hallowishes from the beach, but I got outvoted. We had been at MK since 7:30 and walked all day long and everyone was beat. We walked the path from the Poly to the TTC and out to the car. This was one time I was grateful for the Diamond parking pass. Our car was *right* there. Mom called stepdad and went on and on about how good Ohana was. It was her favorite meal of the trip.

Tomorrow: Day 2 at DHS

So, not really a pregnancy test (lol, I have 4 kids too my oldest will be 19 in May).
Fever broke :thumbsup2
No hurling in the castle.
Not really peeing in the bushes outside Splash Mountain.
Your mom rode Dumbo, AND you survived making her go in the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I'd say that's good news all around!

I nearly choked on my shredded wheat when I scrolled down to your Anastasia photo. That is a scream! :rotfl2:

I nearly choked on my shredded wheat when I scrolled down to your Anastasia photo. That is a scream! :rotfl2:

Anastasia was in rare form for the parade!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

October 24
Disney Hollywood Studios
Such a big big boy

We were just a few minutes shy of making rope drop. So much better than our 10:30am arrival on our last DHS day! :thumbsup2

We made the mad dash back for TSM fastpasses. I hate that you have to go through all of that just for a short little ride, but the kids, and my mom, love it, so we ran the race.

We decided to head back and knock out the big boy rides. And when I saw big boy, I mean, we're making DS ride.

And my making, I mean strongly convincing DS to ride. Nicely, sorta.

And so, with my little man making me promise I would warn him before the loops and hold his hand without stopping, he would go. But he wouldn't like it. He asked me all the questions in line "how fast does it go, how many loops, is it dark, is it scary etc etc etc"

He got very nervous when we got in the building, and had pretty much a panic attack when he saw the cars take off the first time. Thankfully there was a lovely family behind us with 2 girls who kept telling DS how great it was and how he was brave to ride it being so young. He wasn't sure, especially when they put us in the front row :)

But he did it. No tears, no chickening out.
ry%3D400

and he LOVED it. This is before we went back for a second ride!
ry%3D400

So, a little offside. When we were waiting for the guy to print the picture, I snapped a picture of it with my cell phone to send to DH because I knew he would be so proud of DS.

The CM YELLED at me! "YOU CAN'T DO THAT".

"I'm sorry. What can't I do"

"You can't take a picture of that. Disney owns that picture!"

"Sir, I just BOUGHT that picture. I own the picture"

"No you don't, You own the print. You can't take pictures of that. EVER"

Now, I understand trying to crack down on the whole "redneck photo" thing, but I had a photopass plus and he was in the process of printing out the picture of me. It wouldn't have been so bad had he not been SO obnoxious about it.

As soon as he handed me the picture, I flipped open the folder, snapped a picture of it with my cell phone and sent it to DH before we walked away. Not mature, I know, but he was just so rude about the whole thing.

So, to continue on torturing DS, we drag him to Tower of Terror next :rotfl:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They look bored. I look like I'm sneezing
ry%3D400

With the big stuff done, let's slow down our pace a little!

Lots and lots of updates to catch up on! I do have to say first though, I'm really glad that DS only ended up with fever that one time and no other symptoms. That can really put a damper on a vacation when someone gets sick! Usually on our trips it's DH who ends up with sinus problems, but he can power through that.

I really love that y'all tried to hit every water spot at WBC! It's such a beautiful resort and it's really a shame that we haven't spent more time exploring it the three times we have now stayed there. It is really just so hard when you want to spend as much time at the parks as possible!

LOVE those early morning breakfasts at MK! Never done breakfast in the Castle, but I think it would only be for the novelty of eating in the Castle, not for the food. And I just can't justify the price tag for that! :rotfl: Ariel is absolutely gorgeous, too!

It looks like y'all picked a perfect day to spend in MK too. It's such a nice feeling when you can kind of wander around and maybe do something you have never done before just because you have already spent enough time to get your must-do's done and now you can just enjoy the time in the park. :goodvibes We have never done Tom Sawyer Island either, but I'm thinking now that Paxton is a little older he might enjoy the opportunity to run around there a bit. Might have to check it out. :thumbsup2

Your Rapunzel was definitely our Sleeping Beauty, and also Cinderella on another TR I'm reading! She gets around, apparently!!! :lmao: I think from all of the pictures I have now seen of her, she looks best as Cinderella. princess:

Great updates!!

Awwww, what a good mom holding his hand. I love you can see it in the photos :)

Hey, if that's all it takes to make him brave enough to ride stuff, I'll hold his little hand all day long :)

I'm really glad that DS only ended up with fever that one time and no other symptoms. That can really put a damper on a vacation when someone gets sick!

You spoke too soon!!! It's coming.

October 24
Disney Hollywood Studios
Bye Bye DHS

We only had a few things we hadn't done at DHS, so we set off to do those before our TSM fastpasses. Neither kid was interested in Lights Motor Action or Indiana Jones. We had done Indiana Jones last trip so I was pushing LMA for Mom, but she said she was fine not going. It was getting warm, so I think my family was being called away from the parks by the thought of the pool.

Mom asked what One Man's Dream was. We had never been in there. We spend a lot of time at DHS and I can't believe we've never been.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I knew my mom loved it, because she remembered a lot of the shows and things, but I had no idea the kids liked it so much until the movie was over and DS announced "I loved learning about Mr Disney!"

The Backlot Tour was closed for refurb, much to the disappointment of DS who loves the semi on fire part. We decided to make a run to Star Tours since it wasn't open on our last trip
ry%3D400

The guy they picked for the bad guy didn't speak any English and when they flashed the light on him and showed his face he tried to stand up almost in a panic. They had to stop our ride and explain to him everything was okay, it was part of the show. We got an extra long ride out of the deal :)

We ducked into Backlot Express for a really bad lunch for me, an okay for lunch for DD and Mom. DS didn't eat a bite. I didn't think anything about it until later.

and then walked the Street of America until it was time for TSM. Our family joke is that last trip my mom gave herself a crazy blister on TSM. We have no idea how, but it was ugly. We spent all the time in line reminding her to hold on the rope and not let it slip through her hands.
ry%3D400

Something about putting this kid into 3D glasses makes him crazy!
ry%3D400

No one wanted to ride anything a second time, so we said goodbye to DHS until next trip, and headed back to WBC for some pool time before our much anticipated dinner for the night.
ry%3D400

Well, anticipated by me. No one else had any idea what we were doing!

October 24
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
A little pool time and an unexpected DISmeet

We let the kid vote on which pool to go to, and they both decided on the pool near the main building. It's the one we basically just jumped in and out of the other day during our pool hop marathon.

When we first got there, someone came up to us and said "I know this family!" I panicked thinking "Should I know her" It was Kara (ash-and-brensmom) We spent some time comparing our trips and what was upcoming, then we freaked her daughter out by taking pictures of her with the underwater camera :rotfl2:

My kids spent way more time in the pool than I had planned. Mom and I swam for awhile but then just sat beside the pool and chatted with a family from our state we had met earlier in the week.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

See the little swimmer freestyle arm by my foot? That's DD swimming laps. She's on a competitive swim team and was missing 2 weeks of practice but promised her coach she'd so at least an hour of laps before she came back. She honestly probably did 3 hours worth :)

ry%3D400

We finally convinced the kids to get out of the pool and we headed back to the condo. I enforced mandatory nap time, but allowed DD to lay down on the couch instead of their room so she could read. As I'm laying DS down, he announces "I think I head a headache". Grrrrr.

However, no temp, no fluids, no nothing. I gave him some Tylenol and we all took a little over an hour long nap before leaving for dinner.

And that's all I can do for awhile. DS17 and I are leaving today for a soccer tourney out of state. This is his first time playing with his travel soccer team since he was in a horrible car accident in December. He's bounced back pretty fast (the benefits of being an athlete before the accident I guess) and has been cleared by all of his doctors to go. I'm nervous, but he's so excited to be back on the field again.

October 24
Hoop De Doo Review
Well, maybe?

We all laid down for a nap after a long morning at DHS and an afternoon in the pool. We had reservations for the 8:30pm show so we had plenty of time to rest, change and head out to Fort Wilderness.

I woke DS up and he was sweaty and still had a headache. No temp though. I'm worried, but considering there are no fluids, no temp or anything else, I'm not sure what to do. Could just be too much sun, lack of sleep? I gave him the choice and he said he was hungry and wanted to go to dinner, so we packed up and headed out.

We told the gate guy at Fort Wilderness we were going to HDDR and he started joking with the kids about how bad it was and things like that. It was funny. We parked the car and then caught the internal bus towards Pioneer Hall.

This was the first time this trip we had been on a Disney bus. You would think it was a limo considering how excited DS was!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were pretty early, so we walked around Pioneer Hall. The kids had a great time playing with all the stuff they have out: hula hoops, horseshoes, checkers, the playground etc. It was really nice since we had gotten there so early so the kids weren't really bored.
ry%3D400

We checked in and got our pictures taken
ry%3D400

and then waited to be seated. We were 4 rows back in the middle. Not bad, but not great. Our waiter was fantastic. We all LOVED it. I mean LOVED it. The kids were laughing so hard they had tears running down their face. It was our first time there, and it will be a must do when we go back.

Does this look like a kid who doesn't feel well
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Such a bad picture, but DD was cold so Granny was keeping her warm
ry%3D400

Here's our view with no zoom
ry%3D400

October 25
Epcot
Seeing a little more of the world

The kids realized they still had a few World Showcase countries left in their passports, so our plan for this day is to get those done, try and finish our leftover Epcot rides, and bail out before the Hurricane Sandy rains came.

We skipped right back to the World Showcase promising rides for later. Mexico first
ry%3D400

and the Three Caballeros ride first
ry%3D400

Then a little ride in Norway
ry%3D400

Happy girl in China
ry%3D400

We caught the drummers in Japan
ry%3D400

and then this guy in France, doing this, in 40 mph winds. Crazy!
ry%3D400

At this point I'm starting to get a little worried about these clouds
ry%3D400

and the fact that DS has a headache again.......

October 25
Epcot
OMG We're stuck. And the worst Disney CM ever.

We walked back around to eat lunch in Mexico. Totally not my choice, I was pushing for Sunshine Seasons. I told the CM of my allergies, they had me order and apparently forgot the changes. I'm allergic to tomatoes and we find out later they marinate their chicken in it. This comes back to haunt me really really badly later.

But first

Here's my Bad Mommy moment:

I made DD take DS on Mission Space without me.

I can't do it. I've tried twice and it just makes me feel so uncomfortable, enclosed. DD loves it. I stand in line with them and then when they go in the "spacecraft" I'm sent to wait in the hallway. DS was nervous but after asking his questions, he decided he really liked it and wanted to try the spinning side. I nixed that very quickly and we headed for some other rides.

We had already ridden Nemo, but Mom hadn't, so we made that our first stop.
ry%3D400

and then on to Turtle Talk. We were the last ones in, so we were all the way in the back, but the kids were up front.
ry%3D400

At some point, we had gotten fastpasses for Soarin. It had to have been when we entered the park, but I so can't remember!

Now, I'm with a mother who has a horrendous fear of heights. She doesn't do ladders or high hotel rooms. She has been all about conquering that fear and try new things, and we're trying to talk her into riding it. We're pulling what we do with the kids: explaining the ride from Point A to Point B, bribery, and then we go for the jugular........ shame

Which works, and my mother is in line for Soarin'

I'll probably get grounded for this, but we took a picture of Granny in line
ry%3D400

While we're in line I notice that I'm feeling pretty cruddy. I know it had to be lunch, but not sure. We asked for the bottom row for mom, got into that line and I start taking all the anti-nausea medicine I have. As we waited it was getting worse and I knew I wasn't going to be able to ride, which means my mom wouldn't either. I'm determined to tough it up, so I grab a ziploc from my bag just in case and start praying.

We buckle in, start up and the second we get over the "hole" my mom goes, "I don't like this". I'm focusing too much on her passing out to puke :) I know I can make it the few minutes the ride lasts :) Mom's holding up okay, but she's got a death grip on the handles and is staring straight ahead.

Right after we get past the Golden Gate Bridge, the movie cuts out, everything goes black and we stop, hanging.

So not good.

They finally pulled us back and we ended up in the starting position, still seat belted in and eventually some safety lights came on.

ry%3D400

DD and I were laughing that this was the second time we had broken a ride, which led to a conversation with our row mates about our adventures on The Mummy. They asked where we were going after this so they didn't follow us. :)

ry%3D400

At this point, I'm sick. We were stuck in our seats in the almost dark for over 15 minutes. I'm doing everything I can not to puke (gum , pretzels, meds) and it's not working. This makes me start to panic a little because I just don't want to puke in front of people. My mom decides if I leave she does too because she does not want to go back up there. At all. She wants off so bad. She's the person who doesn't like to "rock the boat" but I could tell I needed to rock it for her. She was shaking.

I feel bad that she has to do it again *if* it starts back up again and she looks more awful than I, so I start trying to get a CM's attention. They are working on the far right front "glider". No one comes to tell us anything, no announcements, no CM's coming to check on us or anything. The row next to us finally flags down a CM on the far right and point to us. A CM yells at us "What" and I ask her to come to us. She yells that she can't come that way and I yell back someone needs off, please. She comes over to the line by us, in the middle section, tells us she can't come over any farther, and informs us no one gets off. She was so snotty about it. Our entire row is arguing with her and so is the row beside us, mainly because of her attitude. She says it's a hazard for her to come over, one step over, then I ask her to please find someone who can. Now.

She rolls her eyes, heaves a sigh and decides then she can do it herself after people are telling her she needs to help us. I can't even begin to explain her crappy attitude. She was sighing and huffing like we were such a bother. The CM let her out, said "Follow me" and when my mom stopped to say something to me, she turned around and yelled at her to "hurry up". My mom was humiliated.

I so needed out of there, but I wasn't going to leave the kids with the way the CM is behaving, so I stayed. My medicine was working a little, and fighting with the CM took my mind off of how gross I still felt. After they were gone, our row, the row beside us and the row in front of us were all telling me to report her. They finally told us it was a seat belt sensor and it was fixed and our ride could begin. We made it through, grabbed our stuff and headed out to find my mom. One of the people who was near us said this was their last ride of the day and they were going to Guest Services on the way out to report what happened and they suggested we do it too.

We found Mom by the desk area and the first thing she asked was "did you get my bag?" Apparently that's what she was trying to ask me when the CM yelled at her to hurry up. I hadn't. She said she had told the CM when they were leaving and was told "we'll deal with it later".

We went to the desk and the guy called and said they would look for it after the next ride. The nasty CM who had led Mom out was at the desk, had never made a call or anything. My mom is having a total panic attack because all of her credit cards, lots of cash, tickets and room keys and her glasses etc are all in that bag.

We had to wait 30 minutes to hear anything. Apparently someone gave it to a CM and then they had to count the cash before they came out and asked mom how much cash and what else was in there. The whole time the mean CM is glaring at us, rolling her eyes etc. This girl was kinda asking for me to hit her.

I was floored. We've been to Disney 5 times, each visit 10 days, and we have never encountered a CM this awful. She was just plain mean, spiteful and hateful. My mom was mortified all because she was trying to conquer a fear and was treated like a second class citizen because she asked to be let off.

When we got home, I wrote Disney a very long email, explaining everything that happened. I knew nothing would come out of it, but I felt better for unloading it all :)

Imagine my surprise when just a few days later I got a call from someone at Disney apologizing like crazy for our experience with the CM! He assured me that it was in review with Human Resources and depending on her previous record, she would either go in for retraining or be terminated because it was unacceptable. I was so pleased to know that Disney takes their guests complaints seriously. The evil part of me hopes they canned her. The nice part of me hopes they tied her to a boat and sent her It's a Small World 1,000 times or so. She was definitely lacking Disney magic. pixiedust:

October 25
Epcot
and the rain rain rain came down down down

DS was clamoring to ride Spaceship Earth, so as we walked that way I notice it's starting to sprinkle a little. It's okay, I have ponchos in my bag.

Wait a minute.

No I don't.

I had carried the ponchos for a few days and we never used them, so I had taken them out and not put them back in, even after watching the weather that morning. Seriously. I'm an idiot. There is one poncho in the car, but that's not enough for 4. So we just hope we can wait out any rain until it's time for our Biergarten reservations.....our first time there.

But first, Spaceship Earth
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It's still not really raining, so we make a break for Innoventions and decide to do both sides for awhile.

ry%3D400

We have never ridden Sum of All Thrills, and that's totally a mistake. The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it. DD is tall enough to go upside down (yay)
ry%3D400

While DD and I make ours, Granny and DS go off to explore some more
ry%3D400

and then we switch off and I take DS
ry%3D400

We usually don't spend much time in either side and this time we did. Apparently too much time, because when we decide we need to leave for our Biegarten reservations, it's POURING

yeah, see all these people with ponchos? It's not us :sad:
ry%3D400

We decide to wait for it to let up and then power walk back to Germany. It slacks off a little and we get to Test Track only to have it totally unleash and rain crazy hard. Fortunately, my kids and my mother are troopers and they are laughing. It's the first time we've ever been rained on like this while in Disney, and for them, it's an adventure.

As we keep walking, Mom and I are talking. It's chilly rain and we are drenched beyond belief. Disney restaurants are really cold, we still have a long way to go to get to Germany and it doesn't look from the radar that it's going to let up anytime soon. This is a wash out and our day might need to be over. In over 50 days at Disney this has never happened to us!

We let the kids vote and as much fun as they are having splashing around, they are getting cold and not really hungry for a buffet, so we decide to cancel Biergarten, head back to WBC for warm dry clothes and go from there. We stopped for a photo on the way out just to remember how wet we were. So glad I had a pony tail holder with me!
ry%3D400

Thankfully in the car we all have either jackets or something else to sit on. It's still pouring when we get back to the condo. I jump online while the kids are showering to look for a place to eat, and my first stop is the Disney website, just to check resort restaurants since that's our best chance of keeping dry. I was shocked to see a Boma ressie open and booked it. It was later which gave us plenty of time to dry off and warm up, and when it was time to leave, it had stopped raining :thumbsup2 We loved Boma and it was my favorite meal of the trip.

But, while we were there, DS ate nothing and spent most of the meal pretty much laying down in his chair. When we got back to the condo, he had another 101 degree temp. :worried:

All I could think as I was reading about Soarin' was how dare that CM treat your awesome mom like that. What a horrible experience. My only bad experience with a CM at WDW (or any of my many, many DL trips) was at that ride. Grrrrrrrr...

Great to read that you all had fun in the rain, or at least you had fun watching the kids have fun, lol. Sorry you had to leave us with a fever cliffhanger :( That stinks.

Poor DS, still not feeling well! That is really the pits. :sick:

Okay, that CM sounds flat out horrible! What the heck is someone with that attitude doing working in Disney World in the first place? Especially as a front line CM? Seems like she needs to be in the back doing paperwork and not interacting with the public. Your poor mom. :hug: I feel so embarrassed for her just reading your recap. No one should ever be made to feel that way, but especially not in WDW. I'm glad you emailed, and hopefully something came of it, especially if people were going to report the incident at Guest Services as well.

I hope they do fire her, though i like your idea too!

Yeah. 1,000 rides on It's a Small World. Or strap her in the Stitch ride overnight.

Sorry you had to leave us with a fever cliffhanger :( That stinks.

Blegh. Me too. He just couldn't shake it. But we soon find out why.

Poor DS, still not feeling well! That is really the pits. :sick:

I know. WDW is the worst place in the world to be sick!

October 26
To Legoland or not
What do we do with DS?

Well, Houston, we have a problem. DS is sick. Or not. It's so weird. He runs a temp at night, not during the day. There aren't anything other symptoms. Tomorrow is our last full day in the parks, and it's a special day for someone. Of course, it's for DS. DD wanted SeaWorld and we went.

DS wants Legoland.

I lay down with DS after we get home from Boma and he sounds kinda funky when he breathes, but he's not coughing or anything, so I figure I'm just hearing things. He says nothing hurts, he doesn't feel sick etc. And he's bummed about missing Legoland. I said we'd just have to wait to see if he has a temperature in the morning.

I wake him up at 3am and no temp.

We get up again when the alarm goes off 8am and still no temp.

I mean really. I don't want to take him out to spread germs, but we're not sure if he even has germs! Maybe it's just a fluke temp at night because of all the walking, riding, early mornings, late nights? He has no other symptoms.

So, I make the uneducated decision to take him to Legoland.

Now, I'm apologizing for some of the pictures. DD took our waterproof camera to Seaworld and took a lot of pictures there, so DS got to take pictures at Legoland. I have my pictures too, but I love seeing Legoland through an 8 year old boy's eyes!

Legoland is 40+ minutes from WBC. It really wasn't a bad drive at all. We were the 5 car in the parking lot :cool1:

ry%3D400

We had "Buy an Adult, Get Kid Free" tickets I found online. We were one of the first people in line and didn't wait very long at all since they opened the gates a little early. They did a little "pump up the people" thing with the Lego guys before they opened up.

This is DS's picture of the Lego guy
ry%3D400

I knew from my research that the first things we wanted to were towards the back of the park Driving School, Flying School and Boating School, because they are slow loaders and the lines can get long towards the afternoon. We grabbed a map and headed that way. There are tons of people made out of Legos along the way, a lot of them themed to the building/restaurant they were near. Many of them had sound effects coming from them. Honestly, it was uber cool and we took a really long time to get anywhere because we had to stop and take pictures! Here are a few of DS's pictures. Enjoy!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

October 26
Legoland
Happy Winds-day, Pooh

After the rain the day before, I was prepared with ponchos. Thankfully, I was also prepared for one other "hurricane in the area" thing.....ponytail holder. I have long curly hair and the wind was whipping it around my face pretty hard.

We opted to do Flying School first. It's an old roller coaster with the track overhead. OMG beats you to death. It was wicked bumpy and the corners were tight and jerky. There were only 4 people on it with us and when we got to the end, the guy asked if we'd like to stay put and go again and we all said "no!" ;)

ry%3D400

This was all I could see
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We walked over to Driving School next.
ry%3D400

This car is made totally of Legos
ry%3D400

The kids get their picture taken for the "drivers license" and then you go in to watch a movie about driving rules. Then they are taken outside to little Lego cars and they have to drive around a "city" complete with stop signs, stop lights, yield signs etc. There are "traffic police" walking around helping kids who get messed up.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We kept laughing with the mom of one little boy from Scotland, because every time he turned he ran someone over on the wrong side of the road :rotfl: The kids really liked this. At the end they got a paper license. You could pay extra for their license with their picture on it. We opted no.

We noticed the wind was really picking up. The kids wearing hats lost them in the wind, and even a "traffic police" guy watched his fly away. He did tell us all as we were leaving to make sure we rode Coasterasaurus and Technic soon because those rides could close if the winds got worse.

We stayed in that area and went to Boating School next.

ry%3D400

Just a short trip in slow boats around a track with things spitting water at you. They are hard to steer and you do a lot of drifting and banging into things :) With the wind, the water blew back on you even if you weren't near the fountains!

ry%3D400

DD driving our boat
ry%3D400

DS driving Granny into the spray and trying to get her wet
ry%3D400

and he succeeded!!!
ry%3D400

The last thing is that area is the Rescue Academy
ry%3D400

It was lame. You get in a rescue truck, pump a handle to make it move, then jump out and spray a target until a bell rings and pump to make the truck go backwards.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They pretty much had to push our car back and forth because we are apparently too puny to make it go :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!