A little luck, lots of love, and plenty of magic...My Wedding and Disneymoon!NEW 3/15

Day 3 Monday, September 26

Alright, so today we slept in a bit because I wanted to visit the salon. After just one day I had had enough of my hair. It was too hot to wear it down and too heavy to wear it up (it gave me headaches). They didn't have any openings that morning so I scheduled an appointment for Thursday. Then we got on the bus and headed toward

P1060018.jpg

EPCOT!

Our goal of the day is to cover all of future world and ride all of the rides. Since we arrived late we headed straight for

P1050227.jpg

The stand-by line wasn't too long, so we decided just to wait in it instead of grabbing a fastpass. We asked to wait for a front row seat since I wanted to see what it was like. We both enjoyed the ride but agreed it is just a once a day kind of ride for us.

Now it was time to move on to my favorite and definitely Matt's favorite

P1050228.jpg

Mission Space! :yay:

Matt loves all things that have to do with space exploration. We both think this ride is thrilling and tons of fun. We really get into it and act like kids in there. The other people that get put with us probably think we're nuts. :laughing:

We grabbed fastpasses for Test Track after our journey into space. Then I took Matt into Club Cool because somehow he'd never been there before. I tried my hardest to keep quiet about the Beverly and I was ready with my camera to capture the face.

Here it is...
P1050235.jpg

Yep, that weirdo liked it :lmao: I was disappointed. So I decided to give it another chance. And for your gratification here is my Beverly face

P1050240.jpg

After that we wondered around Mouse Gears for a little while. Matt tried on this hat...too funny

P1050243.jpg

We rode test track. We both like it, but I am glad it's getting an update. After that we explored innoventions for a little while. Of course we went on Sum of All Thrills
P1050249.jpg

We chose the jet fighter and tried our best to make it as intense as possible. It was a fun ride, but not as good as real roller coasters. Next, we had a lot of fun playing The Great Piggy Bank Adventure

P1050250.jpg

I think now we went over and rode Ellen's Energy Adventure. I'm sorry, but what a snooze fest. :laughing: I think Ellen is funny (I like cheesy jokes) but man that ride was long. Oh well it was a nice rest. Plus it started raining while we were in there, so we missed the downpour. (I told you I'm lucky with rain) It was still drizzling, but not too bad. We decided to hop on Spaceship Earth. Here is a photo I took of our future.

P1050251.jpg

Now it was about time to head over to The Seas. We went on the Nemo ride. I just think it is sooo cute. We also explored the aquarium for a little while. I really loooove aquariums. Then it was time for our reservation at Coral Reef!
And....we got a seat by the tank! :woohoo:

P1050261.jpg

That's our sea turtle friend who was there the whole meal. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the food from this meal, but I remember what we ate because it was soooo good.

For starters we shared the appetizer for two. I really enjoyed the crab cake and the shrimp was delicious (and I don't usually eat shrimp). The lobster soup was alright. There was a strange taste to it. For my meal I got the pan-seared sustainable catch which was a fish called corvina that day. I had never heard of it, but boy was it delicious! It was white, firm and flaky. It was served over mushroom risotto with little bitty bay scallops. The risotto was sooo good! Creamy, smoky and salty, yum! Matt had the Mahi Mahi and he really liked it.

Then we experienced a little touch of magic from our server. She brought us out a complimentary Chocolate Wave! It was very good.

After dinner we headed into the World Showcase. We explored some of the shops.

P1050305.jpg

P1050306.jpg

Then we grabbed some adult slushies from the stand in Paris and found a spot to watch the fireworks. At some point beforehand we purchased an umbrella because it was still raining. I didn't mind the rain though cuz the fireworks still go on. I got this cool shot of everyone watching the fireworks.

P1050311.jpg

I love fireworks and Illuminations never disappoints. It stopped raining during the fireworks, so we decided to look for Matt's aunt and uncle on the Leave a Legacy stones in front of Spaceship Earth. It took a little while to find them because the stones weren't numbered too well, but we eventually did. I thought it was exciting that someone we knew had there picture there.

P1050317.jpg

Now it was time to head back "home" and get some sleep.

Next up...We're first in line!

Joining (a little late).

I love the back seat on EE! It's my favorite. I don't prefer riding in the front, because you're right, it's not as fast.

How awesome that you got to meet Tanz and Zaheer. I love DISmeets.

Hi IheartDDuck! I'm glad you made it over. I have to admit I've lurked on some of your trip reports, but never commented. I read the one with your friend the yeti in it. I just think you're too funny :goodvibes I'm glad we both share a love for EE and riding in the back :laughing:

Yay, you are back. Don't leave us hanging this time .... lol. Looking forward to more !!!

I have been reading along, but now i have time to come back to the DIS! Your wedding was STUNNING! you looked AMAZING!!!
Excited to be reading along! xo <3

Hey hope you are both well. I'm slowly catching up with all the reports I was following :goodvibes

Love the park days and starting at AK is the best way! You took some great pics :thumbsup2

A shame that your food choice at Sanaa let you down - it was great meeting you guys too and like you said we could've chatted for longer if our food hadn't arrived! :laughing:

Lol at Matt actually liking Beverly!!!

Great updates! I am glad your hubby seemed to like AK! I agree.... The back of Everest is the best way to ride! Although, I like to take first timers on the front because it is slightly less intense and I don't know how they will react!

We have always had good experiences at Coral Reef! I love that the turtle stayed by you the entirre time! Turtles ae super cute! Great Spaceship Earth picture as well. You two make great faces!

Great updates! I am glad your hubby seemed to like AK! I agree.... The back of Everest is the best way to ride! Although, I like to take first timers on the front because it is slightly less intense and I don't know how they will react!

We have always had good experiences at Coral Reef! I love that the turtle stayed by you the entirre time! Turtles ae super cute! Great Spaceship Earth picture as well. You two make great faces!

Everest was definitely one of our favorite rides. Next time we go we are going to ride it over and over again! I've been to Coral Reef twice and I love it both times. We won't be going back to it next trip because we want to try some new places, but I'll definitely go back to it in the future.

The end is probably my favorite part of Spaceship Earth now just for the fact of seeing how stupid we can look by making faces. Making faces for all of the ride cameras kind of became a trend on the trip. :laughing:

Yay, you are back. Don't leave us hanging this time .... lol. Looking forward to more !!!

:sad2:I'm terrible at updating this thing. Glad you are still reading along. I need to get this thing back on track.

I have been reading along, but now i have time to come back to the DIS! Your wedding was STUNNING! you looked AMAZING!!!
Excited to be reading along! xo <3

Aww Thank you sooo much! Glad you are back and that you had an amazing wedding and honeymoon!

Hey hope you are both well. I'm slowly catching up with all the reports I was following :goodvibes

Love the park days and starting at AK is the best way! You took some great pics :thumbsup2

A shame that your food choice at Sanaa let you down - it was great meeting you guys too and like you said we could've chatted for longer if our food hadn't arrived! :laughing:

Lol at Matt actually liking Beverly!!!

Hey Tanz! Yeah, I wanted to like Sanaa a lot, but it wasn't too memorable for me. I wouldn't mind trying it again though. I would order different things if I did though. I somehow just knew that Matt would like the Beverly. He's weird like that :laughing:

I've got some great news to share.....

We're Going Back To Disney World!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

After much begging and coercion on my part and sweetness and love for me on my husband's part, we decided to revisit Disney World for our first anniversary. Oh and a shout out to the IRS for the tax refund that will be funding this trip.

So here's what I've got so far

Dates: September 23 - September 28
Resort: POP Century (so excited to stay here)
Dining: Free dining promotion plus upgrade to the regular dining plan

I'll most likely start a PTR in the future, but first I should get further along with this puppy. I don't want to totally neglect it anymore.

Expect an update later tonight. For now I will leave you with my new ticker. Woooo! :cool1:

I've got some great news to share.....

We're Going Back To Disney World!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:banana::banana::banana:
:love::love::love::love::love:

After much begging and coercion on my part and sweetness and love for me on my husband's part, we decided to revisit Disney World for our first anniversary. Oh and a shout out to the IRS for the tax refund that will be funding this trip.

So here's what I've got so far

Dates: September 23 - September 28
Resort: POP Century (so excited to stay here)
Dining: Free dining promotion plus upgrade to the regular dining plan

I'll most likely start a PTR in the future, but first I should get further along with this puppy. I don't want to totally neglect it anymore.

Expect an update later tonight. For now I will leave you with my new ticker. Woooo! :cool1:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Am SO HAPPY for you and Matt - lol at the persuasion working!!!
Wish I was going at the same time again so we could have another meet...oh well maybe next time ;)

Look forward to the new PTR - let me know when you start! :goodvibes:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Am SO HAPPY for you and Matt - lol at the persuasion working!!!
Wish I was going at the same time again so we could have another meet...oh well maybe next time ;)

Look forward to the new PTR - let me know when you start! :goodvibes:

Thanks Tanz! I wish you were going to be there too! It would be fun to hang out in disney world. We'll have to make sure to plan lots more trips so that we'll run into each other :laughing:

I keep wanting to start a PTR, but I think I better work on this TR a little more before focusing on a new PTR. I'll probably start it soon though because I'll be able to make ADRs really soon!

Time to go to Hollywood! Disney style, of course!

So since we went to bed pretty early last night, we were able to be up and at 'em by 6:30 today. The reason: I wanted to be at the bus stop early this morning so we would be first in line at DHS! Well this is what our bus looked like

P1050319.jpg

Oh and what's this?

P1050321.jpg

Well that's us first in line at the turnstiles! So mission accomplished. We were there at 8:05 or something ridiculous like that. (Yes I waited a full hour to be first in line during the stampede) I'm surprised that Matt was game for my little plan, but time passed pretty quickly. Here's another pick of the emptiness.

P1050320.jpg

At about 8:45 they started letting us in through the turnstiles. We were first at the red rope.

P1050322.jpg

But when they finally unleashed us all we were overpowered and fell back a little. That's okay though because we still managed to grab the first round of passes for TSM and then hop in line to ride. We walked right on our first ride and already were guaranteed another. If you didn't already figure it out, I really like this ride.

The ride was so fun! However, this happened

P1050334.jpg

The higher number is Matt's score. :mad: Unfortunately this would be a trend throughout the whole trip. I just never could catch him. I suppose I should practice somehow before our next trip. Must...crush....him :laughing: I'm too competitive for my own good.

Well after that awesomeness it was off to

P1050337.jpg

Matt loves this ride and I do too! We rode standby. After we were done, Matt was like "Let's do it again". So of course I said "sure". After that ride our fastpass window was already open so we grabbed some for Rock N' Roller coaster then headed over to

Star Tours 3D
P1050340.jpg

Okay, so I must admit I have never actually watched Star Wars. :scared1: Shocking I know! But I do know the story because I love the Lego star wars games and have played them all :laughing: I was excited to ride the updated ride and I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was soooo much fun! So of course we went on it again. Walked right on both times.

So this was our loop...TSM then Rock N' Rollercoaster then Star Tours...begin again

We did this loop twice with multiple rides on RNR and Star Tours until finally it was time for lunch at

P1050349.jpg

P1050347.jpg

I think it took a little while to be seated but it wasn't bad because we just sat on the couch in the Writer's Stop until it was our turn. We got to be hitchhikers in another family's car. There was this adorable little boy in front of us that was very interested in what we were doing and wanted to tell us everything about what he was doing too (very loudly). We didn't really mind cuz hey it's disney and we were their hitchhikers after all. I felt bad though because his dad kept apologizing and looking embarrassed. Oh well, it didn't ruin our experience there or anything. It just had me thinking that we'll probably have a kid someday like that. One that has no boundaries and wants to excitedly tell everyone all about what they are doing.

We both ordered burgers and some flavored cokes. While I really liked the atmosphere of the place, I thought the burgers were just so-so. But man were they big. We should have probably shared one. We skipped dessert because we were so stuffed. We did get a congratulatory card from the staff there that said Enjoy your Honeymoon. That was nice. I don't think I'll be in a hurry to eat there again, but I won't cross it off my list either.

After lunch we decided to catch Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. When they asked for a girl volunteer my hand shot up. It was like an involuntary reaction. And guess what, I was picked! So I got to get into costume and get in on the action

P1050359.jpg

My hubby so graciously took pictures of me (after I motioned him to haha). It was really fun participating in the show. We got to pretend like we were shopping, point, gasp, cheer, and fall down

P1050360.jpg

P1050364.jpg

Then we got free water (Alright!) :laughing:

After I was done giving the performance of a lifetime, I returned to my seat and got ready to watch my favorite scene. You know, the one where he fights the giant guy and stuff catches on fire. Well folks, that didn't happen. They announced that they were having technical difficulties. Then a few moments later they announced that there would be no scene because the truck that pulls the plane into place wouldn't start. So we just had to leave. That was weird.

But here's where it gets stranger...

We decided to go see this

P1050376.jpg

Well during the show, they had to stop a scene because one of the "bad" cars blew an engine. They had to have another car come out and literally push it off the stage area. But it gets worse...during the best scene where everything catches fire and the guy on the motorcycle slides through the burning oil and catches fire too...well nothing caught fire. So it was just a guy sliding off of a motorcycle who still got extinguished even though he wasn't on fire. So bizarre...:confused: So they showed us what should have happened up on the big screen. From that point on we decided we shouldn't see anymore shows because obviously we were bad luck :laughing:

We managed to fit in another ride on TSM because we had collected another set of fastpasses earlier (Woohoo that's 3 rides total) We also did RNR a few more times (5 in all I think) and Star Tours again (twice maybe)

We visited the Animation Academy. We got Minnie Mouse! I thought that it was really fun. Here are our drawings.

P1050383.jpg

Not bad huh? But I let Matt know that I thought mine was a little better. (See I told you I was too competitive)

After this is was time to head in to Fantasmic. It was starting in like 20 minutes and the theater was pretty crazy. There was still plenty of room on the ends though. We got a seat way over on the far left.

The water screens were cool

P1050395.jpg

And I really liked the float at the end

P1050406.jpg

Oh and the things that were supposed to catch fire did

P1050403.jpg

So I guess were weren't the ones with all the bad juju after all.

Overall it was a pretty cool show.

I think we had a very successful day at the Studios. But we rode a whole bunch of awesome rides. And for those of you that noticed, yes we were afraid to ride ToT! :rotfl: That is why we did not do that. We just couldn't conjure up the courage on that day...you'll just have to stay tuned to this TR to see if we conquered our fears. (Haha now you're hooked)

Next up...Finally a castle in my sights

Great update! You did have a great day... even if two shows were cancelled. =) You look super cute in your Indiana Jones costume.

Can't wait to read more-- and read more about your 1st anniversary trip!

I'm joining in, I love a good Disneymoon TR!

You guys had a very sucessful day at DHS. Three rides on TSM, awesome! I can never beat my DH either, so don't feel too bad!

I think it was really neat you were chosen for Indiana Jones, I've always wanted to be, but never had the chance.

Congrats on your next trip and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Wow what an action packed day!!! :thumbsup2 I can't believe how empty the bus and DHS actually was.

Haha that being beat on TSMM and the recurring theme is what happened with me as well...it was so annoying :(

Yeah on being picked for Indiana Jones though can't believe the drama at LMA lol.

Hi :wave2: I'm joining in a little late too. Looks like we were there around the same time last year and will be going around the same time this year too! Gotta love fall anniversaries :goodvibes

Hey how are you doing? :)

I've been away from the boards for a while and finally made my way back! Glad yours was the first report I opened as have not got any catching up to do on it lol.

Hope the planning for your next trip is going well and you update soon.
Tanz :)

Hi :wave: I'm joining in a late but better late than never, right?

First let me say Congratulations of your wedding. Your pictures were beautiful and the made over barn I just love.

I'm enjoying reading along and I see you're heading back again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter