A little less "Copa" and a little more "Cabana" Halloween on the Fantasy!

Well, I'm glad to hear a little bit of good news :goodvibes ::yes::

I did all those tests this past summer :sick: My one tip for the stress test, get to your target heart rate as soon as possible cus then you only need to keep going for about a minute after that ;) It takes more out of you but then you can get off much earlier! I did the whole test (minus all the damn imaging) in under 6 minutes! The poor guy next to me was suffering through at 21 minutes because he couldn't get to his THR :sad2: He was super grumpy and was yelling "That's enough!! I'm getting off this stupid machine!" :lmao:

I am probably more stubborn than Nate and I would totally go too, no matter what that doc said :rolleyes1

Good for you telling your doc no meds! People need to stand up for themselves and not rely on everything a doctor says! You know your body best! :thumbsup2

When I told my rheumy back in 2010 that I wasn't going back on my Lupus meds, he was SHOCKED :eek: He couldn't possible fathom why I didn't want to take them. I just knew my body was okay and was going to recover on it's own. Of course, I felt differently this summer cus my body just wasn't rebounding but I knew it and took the meds ;)

Crossing fingers, toes and everything else that everyone is healthy and that you all have a FANTASTIC cruise pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thanks for the tips Cass! I could totally see myself as that guy next to you:rotfl2:

Well heres to not listening to the docs and hoping for the best :thumbsup2

Well heres to not listening to the docs and hoping for the best :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

That's good news, because we had already taken a vote and were all prepared to "veto" you cancelling your trip!! Now, you just saved yourself from the embarrassment!!

Wendy to the rescue!

We are getting so close! We are leaving in one week tomorrow!!!:cool1: Since we have decided to go against medical advice we’ve been in full out packing and shopping mode. It’s a little stressful since I’m usually all done packing by now. Thankfully we have only had to buy 1 suit between my 4 boys. Evan’s just needed some alterations because he just grew taller and not wider. We will have to take care of that on the cruise… after formal night of course.

I picked up the book Along the I-75 for my sister (thanks to the recommendation of Princess Trisha:thumbsup2) We have been studying that book trying to see how far she could get and where she should stay. She called me yesterday saying that she was a bit nervous about doing 2 long days of driving and thought she should break it up into 3 days of driving instead. She is taking her kids along too, DD 17, DS 9 and DD 6 along with my Evan 16, so I totally get being in a vehicle that long with a bunch of kids could make a person homicidal.:furious: I don’t know about the good ol US of A but that is frowned upon here in Canada…. It might also delay them getting to Port unless Evan was the unfortunate victim… ok I’m rambling here. ANYWAY… so she thought if she could make it to Atlanta on the second day she could take the kids to the aquarium there. :fish: So knowing Wendy lives in Georgia I fb her asking for her expert opinion for driving through the very scary 16 lanes of highway in Atlanta…during rush hour! :car:Also if she knew of any local discounts for the aquarium. So we decided to Skype last night and voila my sis and the kids are staying for the pre- PRE cruise party at Wendy’s! party:My sister and Wendy met on our last cruise so it’s not weird or anything. That is so cool and I have to admit I’m a little jealous of missing out lol. BUT Wendy and I will have 7 nights of partying and we decided that we will NOT be the entertainment this year and we will leave that to the kids. Sian (Joh’s DD) and my Cassie created “the pigeon dance” while Cassie was visiting them this summer and we’ve had no preview yet. So the debut of THAT will be on the cruise and WE will be on the other side of the camera this time.popcorn:: It’s so great that embarrassing ones self is hereditary. :thumbsup2

So today I will be booking hotels for my sis for the journey there and back and picking up some more last minute things like candy for the meet and greet… oh and a clip board for the cabin crawl and magnets! It’s a home office day with one appointment so I have a feeling it will be a rather unproductive day for work.;)

that's great to hear that the trip down is working well for your sister (and Evan). Because your sister will have more than 2 people in the car, she can stick with the HOV lanes in Atlanta (much less scary).

For me (even though I don't have a home office) I think every day from here to the 23rd is going to be rather unproductive for work because I just can't seem to focus on anything but this vacation! :jumping1:

I can't buy my chocolate bars too early (the Maynards candy are bought) because right now:

me + chocolate bars in the house = no chocolate bars for the meet and greet :rotfl2:

Yay, well done Wendy :thumbsup2 Although I am also jealous that I won't get to attend the pre-pre-cruise meet :sad2: Although we do have our post-cruise party with Wendy and Rich to look forward to :cool1:

In just one week's time, I will be sitting at my desk for the last time before the holiday - I cannot wait :)

So we decided to Skype last night and voila my sis and the kids are staying for the pre- PRE cruise party at Wendy’s!

LOL. It's gonna fly by so quickly and they will all probably be so tired that the only thing they will remember about it is all the :cat:CATS:cat:scattered:cat:everywhere:cat:! (Luckily, the furry-four-footers have their own 'rooms' we can send them to!) And wait until they see the wooden doorway blocker we build to keep the kittens separated from the older cats while we are away... but that's about as exciting as we get 'round these parts. :rolleyes:

oh and a clip board for the cabin crawl and magnets! It’s a home office day with one appointment so I have a feeling it will be a rather unproductive day for work.;)

Do we have all 7 volunteer-staterooms decided?

Because your sister will have more than 2 people in the car, she can stick with the HOV lanes in Atlanta (much less scary).

Hi Trisha! :wave2: I haven't gotten to post to your pre-trippy yet but I read it and think you're driving through my town, too, to get to the port. :yay: Have a safe trip! :goodvibes

Although I am also jealous that I won't get to attend the pre-pre-cruise meet :sad2: Although we do have our post-cruise party with Wendy and Rich to look forward to :cool1:

Didn't you hear? I am kicking everyone out of my house by 10AM, so I can make it to dinner at the port in time with some other friends of ours. :p In fact, you might want to warn Tony & Theresa about my 'southern hospitality'... :crazy2::sad2:;):lmao:

So my stress test was yesterday and I completed like a rock star thanks to the advice of Timon! :thumbsup2 I did decide to take the meds 4 days before the test since he said that if my bp was high he could not do it. So he asked me if I'd been taking the meds and I said "yes... for the past 4 days" He said you're like a teenager cramming for the test! :rotfl: which I replied "that's exactly what I was doing" :lmao: So now that my life has calmed down and we have decided that we are going my bp has naturally come down and I don't need those stinking meds!

Well in one week today at this time I will be on a plane! I have not gotten as far as I had hoped with my packing... that would require me doing laundry but I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from the dis and fb these days:surfweb:. I DID get my magnets done although a couple of the ones I really wanted got ruined in the laminating proccess:scared: If I have time (which is becoming very unlikely) I will reprint them and try again. I have quite a few from over the years so I really do have enough. I've come down to making lists that I need to accomplish daily since I'm getting a little scattered the closer we get. This happens every vacation... I get so excited that I can't think straight but I'm usually all packed and ready to go! Anyway my laundry is calling me so I better get to it!:laundy:

that's great to hear that the trip down is working well for your sister (and Evan). Because your sister will have more than 2 people in the car, she can stick with the HOV lanes in Atlanta (much less scary).

I can't buy my chocolate bars too early (the Maynards candy are bought) because right now:

me + chocolate bars in the house = no chocolate bars for the meet and greet :rotfl2:

What are the HOV lanes?!? They sound important!

I hear ya about the chocolate bars... we've already gotten into them :sad2: We are getting the mixed box of Aero's, Coffee Crisp, Smarties and Kit Kats so since the States have Kit Kats we started with them;)
Yay, well done Wendy :thumbsup2 Although I am also jealous that I won't get to attend the pre-pre-cruise meet :sad2: Although we do have our post-cruise party with Wendy and Rich to look forward to :cool1:

In just one week's time, I will be sitting at my desk for the last time before the holiday - I cannot wait :)

I will be missing out on the post party too!:headache:

LOL. It's gonna fly by so quickly and they will all probably be so tired that the only thing they will remember about it is all the :cat:CATS:cat:scattered:cat:everywhere:cat:! (Luckily, the furry-four-footers have their own 'rooms' we can send them to!) And wait until they see the wooden doorway blocker we build to keep the kittens separated from the older cats while we are away... but that's about as exciting as we get 'round these parts. :rolleyes:

Do we have all 7 volunteer-staterooms decided?

Well I'm sure the kids will find that VERY exciting! I'm terribly allergic and I know Evan really likes cats and poor Lexi (my sisters DD) is allergic so she might stay in the non cat room... but her siblings are gonna LOVE them! My little nephew even has an imaginary pet cat! lol

As far as staterooms we are all covered :thumbsup2

What are the HOV lanes?!? They sound important!

High Occupancy lanes, where the vehicle contains 2 or more people. It's the left-most lane and heading south, starts at exit 259 or 260. If there's no traffic, she doesn't really need to use them. They might be useful heading back to our place from the city though.:drive:

So my stress test was yesterday and I completed like a rock star thanks to the advice of Timon! :thumbsup2

Yay!! :thumbsup2:cool1::cheer2:

Well in one week today at this time I will be on a plane! I have not gotten as far as I had hoped with my packing... that would require me doing laundry but I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from the dis and fb these days:surfweb:.

Same here. Would a glass of wine with each laundry load help the process along? :drinking1

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and the BP is coming down.

I can't believe how close the cruise is and how much we all seem to have to do.

I'm glad I got my magnets done in September; printed off my FE maps yesterday (now that we got the last couple of rooms) so I'm just about ready to throw everything into the suitcases.

I'm getting it done! So yesterday I got all my laundry and ironing done and have my costume packed and some clothes packed. I also had to pack those darn chocolate bars... the kit kats disappeared too quickly and I was getting into the Coffee Crisps :scared: I should be able to finish it today hopefully. I had started with the kids when I was putting away their summer stuff awhile ago. Now I'm rethinking my method of packing and want to put a bit of everybody's thing in each suit case just in case one gets lost. I'm just feeling the need to be hyper vigilant about preparing for the worst case scenario. :lmao: Although nothing else is going to happen and even if a bag does go missing I will get to go on a shopping trip ;). I've been a bit scattered the last few days and Nate says you've got a bad case of AAD.... I said "huh don't you mean ADD" He said "nope AAD... All About Disney":rotfl: I can hardly believe we will be leaving in 5 days!

If you need to pick up more chocolate - Metro has the 50 packs on for $4.99! :banana: today, tomorrow and Sunday (though at that price I don't know how long it will last in the stores - they have the kit kat/smarties/coffee crisp/areo mix as well as the cadbury mix and I think one other kind as well).

Sent my dad on a mission this morning to pick up a box of the cadbury mix that we're bringing (oh, and I got into the maynards last night :blush: but that's okay because we bought 2 - 50 pack boxes of those so I'm sure the group could spare a couple of fuzzy peach packs).

It is like "you Canadians" are speaking a different language when it comes to candy! I can't wait to try some of those!! :confused3

It is like "you Canadians" are speaking a different language when it comes to candy! I can't wait to try some of those!! :confused3

Mmm, Canadian chocolate.

Our chips are also a little different - I wish I could find little bags of ketchup chips or dill pickle chips for the meet; they are so good. I find Canadian potato chips a little less greasy and a little less salty than American potato chips (comparing Lays to Lays).

If you need to pick up more chocolate - Metro has the 50 packs on for $4.99! :banana:

I HOPE we won't need anymore chocolate... we bought the 120 pack from Costco lol. So with us eating all the Kit Kats and a few Coffee Crisps we should still have close to 90 left ;) I have them buried in a suit case so hopefully I'll be able to restain myself! Besides I just saw on some fb posts that the mint chocolate Girl Guide cookies are out so I'll be eating those instead :rotfl:

Oooo just wait Janice! Make sure you get a Coffee Crisp... those are my fav these days :thumbsup2

Mmm, Canadian chocolate.

Our chips are also a little different - I wish I could find little bags of ketchup chips or dill pickle chips for the meet; they are so good. I find Canadian potato chips a little less greasy and a little less salty than American potato chips (comparing Lays to Lays).

I didn't know that about the chips! I'm very plain when it comes to chips... my fav are the Lays lightly salted. I find our regular Lays too salty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter