A little help, please, with La Nouba tickets :) :) :)

Geesh! I post something on here just to get some information and I get slammed! Before more of you get angry, that last sentence included sarcasm and humor. I know it stated that valid Id was needed at time of purchase, but my original post was mainly questioning why the box office had no idea about the discount. I just wanted some information before I possibly drove a couple hours for the show. And I did also call the number that the previous poster told me to use, and got the same unknowing response. Thank you for all the responses from the individuals actually trying to help me out. :)

And to the previous poster, I would still be pleasant to you in line. It's Disney World after all! :D

Just as a reminder, this was your thread title:

"DIS boards, thank you for wasting my time!"

I'm sorry that, for some strange reason, people aren't reacting well to it.

After reading the latest responses, this will be my last post on this thread. To those of you who were offended by the title of my thread, I offer my sincerest apologies. If you read through the original post, you could see I was upset with getting conflicting information. I then asked politely with a please and thanks for any information that you all could give on the matter. My only downfall seemed to be the title of this post, but others wanted to make it a little more personal. I'll continue to read through the boards and offer helpful info when I can.

my original post was mainly questioning why the box office had no idea about the discount.

which is not the fault of the folks who informally notified you about the discount...which DOES exist. at least now you know how easy it is to get conflicting information from Disney.

The phrase "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" applies here. The title of the thread had too much vinegar for anything after it to change the tone of the thread. No one on here is obligated to try to help others by posting discounts they know of, so it would be nice not to have them (and completely uninvolved DISers) offended by the title. It's true that the actual post was inoffensive enough, but that was outweighed by the title showing up in the list of other, more appropriately titled posts like a sore thumb. Yes, I know this post contains mixed metaphors.

You can EDIT the TITLE of a thread that you originally posted in two ways-

1- Do not open the thread, but in the listing,
double-click in the dead-space just to the RIGHT of the thread title.
When the title "highlights," just retype the title and hit the RETURN/ENTER key.

2- Open the thread.
In the lower right corner, click on "Edit."
When that page opens, in the lower right corner, click on "Go Advanced."
In the box at the top of that page, retype your title.
In the lower center, click on "Save Changes."

We just moved to FL last month, and fwiw, I went to the box office to inquire and they didn't have any info on this.
They offered me a resident discount but not as low as what was mentioned.
I was hoping for the same thing
There isn't anything at Disney's website that I have found either but keep checking :)

:rotfl2:popcorn::popcorn::
I do find this entertaining this morning!

Yes, find it interesting too. Posts that have a little controversy are generally good reads.

Is the OP a hater of all that is good about the DIS board community? Of course not.

Hey you jerks, you are all jerks, you jerks.

5 minutes later, why are you jerks so mad at me for calling you jerks. I was being funny, you know haha funny.

The title of your post does not insinuate that you are looking for information, it gives us the impression that you are blaming everyone on the boards for the fact that you did not get the discount. If Disboards is such a waste of time, then why are you still here?

But the content of a further post tells us that it wasn't random posters giving her this info but the info side of the dis. It IS ok to have an issue when wdwinfo has something odd.

which is not the fault of the folks who informally notified you about the discount...which DOES exist. at least now you know how easy it is to get conflicting information from Disney.

It wasn't people in general informally notifying her. It was a blurb on wdwinfo, which might not be official but sure holds itself out to be good info.

It would have been great if the op didn't call out the boards, and if she had been specific in that first post, but the info did eventually get given.

It would have been great if the op didn't call out the boards, and if she had been specific in that first post, but the info did eventually get given.

There are probably hundreds of other title options for this thread that would have been less abrasive and would have conveyed a desire for assistance or clarification. How about, "Difficulty getting a discount. Help/Advice?"

In the absence of facial expression and vocal intonation, choice of words becomes all the more important. IMO the harshness of the title set the tone immediately and made it difficult to read any "humor" in the original post.

It seems to me that possibly the OP chose the title during an angry/frustrated moment and later regretted it, but may not have known it could be changed until it was too late.

Here we have a prime example of the "entitled" personality that has become oh-so common.

Funny thing is that the actual question was answered within 6-7 posts. But that title... it's like a magnet... drawing DISers to it...

I think OP bailed on the thread so maybe changing the title is out. Maybe time to "shut it down!", Mods? ;)

Funny thing is that the actual question was answered within 6-7 posts. But that title... it's like a magnet... drawing DISers to it...

I think OP bailed on the thread so maybe changing the title is out. Maybe time to "shut it down!", Mods? ;)

It has, however, lead to a "spin-off" thread. Similar title, positive vibe! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter