A little extra magic for the kids in Disney..

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Happyathome, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Happyathome

Happyathome Mouseketeer

I found some cute cards over on the DISign board that have Tinkerbell on them, and say "You've won a dream" (thanks telynn) I sized them down to a little smaller than a credit card, and printed off a bunch, with the thought of rewarding the kids for extra nice behavior while we're on our trip. Like, if oldest dd is esp. nice to her little minions without being asked, or if someone's ideas are outvoted, and they don't pitch a fit, etc.

My dilemma is... what do I use as the "dream"? I have 4 kids, so buying an extra *whatever* at a gift shop or an extra treat might get a bit pricey.

Does anyone have an idea for me what I could do to spread a little more pixie dust? My kids are 10, 8, 6, 4.

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jaymesmommy2004

jaymesmommy2004 Earning My Ears

If you check your local Dollar store they usually have disney things, stickers, pens, paper, etc. Bring some down with you and have htem on hand. Also maybe let them pick the first ride or show to go to, get to pick the tv show to watch

4. Happyathome

Happyathome Mouseketeer

Thanks! I like the 1st ride idea. That's doable!

5. janie91

janie91 Mouseketeer

I went to Dollar Tree on Monday and they had tons of Disney themed items. Here is what I found: Christmas Posters & Paint sets, Mr. Potato Head & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse color books, boxes of 8 crayons in disney themed packages, story books, tops, kalediscopes, stamp sets, jump ropes, HS musical gummi candy, HS musical hand sanitizer, stickers, little figures, night lights, pens with tv on top and different characters display when you push a button, magic towels. I know there is more but that's what I can remember right now.

6. NaplesRI

NaplesRI DIS Veteran

Grrrrr I keep checking my Dollar Tree and they never have the magic towels!

Are these the same as what they sell at the Disney store? (which is also always out- I call every few days)

7. janie91

janie91 Mouseketeer

The ones I found are in a pretty small package and they said they get bigger when you get them wet. They had princess, mickey, lightning, tink, and I think Hannah Montana. I can't remember but I think that's about all. Ours usually has some disney selection but seemed to have a lot more this time.

8. starann

starann In having children, I have lost my mind, but found

How about Disney Dollars.....This way, if they get a few of them they can pick their own prize!!! It might work out well for the older one (even the little ones will love to have their 'own' money in Disney!).

Let us know what you decide!

9. Happyathome

Happyathome Mouseketeer

Can you still get Disney dollars? Our Disney store closed last year. :sad1: Could I get them while we're there? That's a good idea, too.

Thanks everybody!! I appreciate the ideas!!!:disrocks: