A Haunting, A Run, & Some Food & Wine: 3 Fall 2013 Trips - Complete

We did come here to race!

After our lunch, we headed to our car. I took over driving, rather than dealing with giving my husband directions. Even though we were getting to WWoS before noon, when the Expo officially started, we were forced to park towards the end of the main parking lot. If this is any clue how busy tomorrow is going to be, I think we are leaving to get to the race earlier than I originally planned.

nv7jLHb.jpg

See this line to get in 15 minutes early!

That said, I'm glad we got there when we did as the line was much worse about 15 minutes late.

prXW4dA.jpg

nGvM0hQ.jpg

irMdwxA.jpg

Once we got inside the show, we headed to the pack of the show floor to pick up our bibs. We both got corral D! :cool1: Totally not in the last corral so if I'm slow - I don't have to worry about being swept so maybe we may get a picture with a character or two!

Our next stop was get our T-Shirt & Goody Bag. The t-shirt is um bright. Like yellow-orange bright. The goody bag had a race program, mini cliff bar, pins for the bib & the clear bag for our stuff for tomorrow so we don't have to carry anything during the race.

After we got the official business out of the way, we finally started looking around the booths. It was a lot of people selling over priced things. There were shoe sells, apparel, race frame makers, sparkly skirt sellers, headband sellers, earbuds, food stuff, massage people, compression people and a free yogurt giveaway.

I almost bought this....
WL8i2NM.jpg

but I found something better & I'm totally wearing it tomorrow.
p2VLllC.jpg

& it was only $24.95!

Some of the other stuff I would have bought if it wasn't over $40.
IsmvYib.jpg

2HMux7k.jpg

We liked some of the official merchandise but the line to check out wrapped around and around so I decided there was nothing we needed enough for that.

We also received the text about the time that our room was ready. That might have played a factor in waiting around longer to shop or not. ;)

I drove back to Bay Lake Towers. We were able to park super close to the front. :cool1: This is good as we had 4 suitcases, a laptop back & our 18 pack of soda.

The room was located on the 9th floor & in the inner circle towards Bay Lake. I'm ok with this even though I know some really don't enjoy the inner circle.

oIHOIYT.jpg

OgSAvUC.jpg

3WaHCSg.jpg

XqepleQ.jpg

DvkCSqs.jpg

Unpacking was to be done before we could be fully settled for the next 8 nights.

I also went online to change our Fastpass+ reservations to earlier than originally scheduled as we were going to get to Magic Kingdom 2 hours earlier than originally planned. I adjusted our dinner reservation as we don't usually like eating at 8pm.

I don't remembering doing this?​

We left our room around 1:45pm & headed to the walkway to Magic Kingdom. It was hot & not shaded. It was halfway between the park & the room, we realized we forgot to put on sunscreen, but were too lazy to turn around and get some.

k26nozm.jpg

4iKAmWZ.jpg

8Vr5D7K.jpg

Once we entered the park, I was thirsty & it was hot. Lucky for me, one of my favorite places in the world opened in the Main Street Bakery. Yes, Starbucks!

7RGTQJ5.jpg

Uoq1HHI.jpg

Mmmm, nonfat, no whip, salted caramel frap

As much as I love Starbucks, I don't drink it often at home as it costs $5 a drink & I try to watch what I eat more at home.

We still had about 15 minutes until our first fastpass+ selection. Our favorite lazy ride would be a perfect choice for that small time gap.

DpT6TIU.jpg

LinHBeA.jpg

fAIN8Kv.jpg

HDBDyyj.jpg

7sxWnX9.jpg

DlLi80E.jpg

JcYXb8I.jpg

qs4s3k4.jpg

The ride broke down when we were going through Space Mountain. We were stuck probably about 5 minutes until the ride started moving again. To us, it was fine. We were just killing time until 2:15 anyway.

Next up for us was Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin. We had no issues using our fastpass+ for this attraction, even with our altering the time only an hour prior.

TzuzxF0.jpg

L8Q1aZS.jpg

SkPkyV0.jpg

Totally looks like the 80s

CoLNygp.jpg

X3gNtgy.jpg

I totally won

After proving to my husband that I am the better Space Ranger, we walked towards Adventureland.

mUyAV76.jpg

MLoDE8X.jpg

As we still had time to kill until our next fastpass+, my husband said as we passed a certain lesser visited attraction to check it out. He said we hadn't been on it since our honeymoon. I think we remembered why after the 100th stair. At least we got our required cardio for the day.

egAV3l6.jpg

VlMzLjn.jpg

VdmBDH2.jpg

thvmIsa.jpg

rRFllVV.jpg

I Love Swiss Family TreeHouse!!! I loved the move growing up!

Every TR I've read that involves an Expo they always look so crowded. Great shirt you found and I also truly appreciated the "I thought it was rum" apparel as well. Granted I generally only run when chased

I Love Swiss Family TreeHouse!!! I loved the move growing up!

I don't think I've ever watch the movie from beginning to end. One of these days I will. I at least read the book back in middle school though.

Every TR I've read that involves an Expo they always look so crowded. Great shirt you found and I also truly appreciated the "I thought it was rum" apparel as well. Granted I generally only run when chased

It was crowded but not horribly so. It was at least organized enough to get around and do the pick ups without too much delay. I'm sure its worse on the bigger race weekends like the real Marathon though.

I'm a slow runner (more like run, walk, jog, walk, repeat) but at least its something.

Sounds like a nice day. I hope you're enjoying the run!

Our first day was nice - did more than I initially thought we would. I hope you enjoyed your Wishes cruise.

Pirates & Princesses

Our next stop was to one of my favorite rides - Pirates of the Caribbean. The ride was walk on so we took full advantage of that.

RTkWfqc.jpg

GdSdZTn.jpg

YcS6k54.jpg

bAl7blB.jpg

M79a72l.jpg

It was close to 3:00PM - so I continued our trend of doing things we usually ignore. (We also had 15 minutes to kill until our next fastpass+ time) We watched the parade @ the Frontierland crossing. For showing up right when the parade started, I was shocked how close to the front we could get & that I was actually able to get pictures that weren't of the backside of someone's head.

4wbYzBK.jpg

9gWgUOC.jpg

6p1zX9e.jpg

r7mNlY9.jpg

a9xLozi.jpg

24Jeezk.jpg

U53QYus.jpg

RvQI2Rg.jpg

eqRDv7R.jpg

Cell7aL.jpg

As it ended, we walked back over to Adventureland, stopping for some photos along the way.

WCIM15m.jpg

In my other life, I am a pirate queen

bMpVSBP.jpg

What Does the Fox Say?

It was now slightly past 3:15PM & it was time for our rearranged fastpass+ for Jungle Cruise.

ZSAyAtF.jpg

Except we got the blue-green circle of shame. They waved us through anyway as they know they have problems from time to time. Not any issue in the world to them. (Remember this later)

to7ovUK.jpg

Sounds like a job I want!

fgrS3UD.jpg

I want the gooseberries!

6J0BwsF.jpg

Does it make you go?

WCBu6tQ.jpg

Yup

YVgUPzT.jpg

Wait, that lion's tail is supposed to move

YuF9h1r.jpg

DING, DING, DING

SwAfoUU.jpg

This is where nightmares are made, wait no, thats Rip Tide Rockit

We wondered over to Liberty Square to see how bad the wait would be for Haunted Mansion. It wasn't horrible.

UAb7tby.jpg

NZF6fwx.jpg

psK1qIT.jpg

HSblrvl.jpg

Do you see Mr. Toad hiding up there?

What I don't like is that you can't skip the cemetery now as the other way in was taken over by fastpass+

We got on the ride. My husband jinxed us when we entered one room with saying, "Hey, we always break down here." Yup, we got stopped for about 3 minutes.

He then got "What Does the Fox Say" stuck in my head again as he kept singing it.

GwTXW3c.jpg

After our happy haunts materialized, we ventured into Fantasyland for yet another attraction we have passed on for a couple of years.

Finishing Up Magic Kingdom

As my husband got one evil song stuck in my head, I decided to get another evil song stuck in his. It is only fair.

2IZuw6o.jpg

2gyCmyb.jpg

Thank you for the time, ride!

0VHe6nB.jpg

It was then time for us to head back towards Frontierland for our 4:15PM fastpass+.

Here is when we ran into trouble. We got there around 4:18, placed our bands on the Mickey head & got the blue-green circle of denial. The cast member was very clear to say we had another hour & forty minutes until our fastpass+ was good. Lucky for me, I had my cell phone in my pocket & could prove it to him on my phone that our time was actually for 4:15pm & his little computer was screwed up. Win for me! He obliged, and finally let us onto the ride.

Fh2ZM9D.jpg

dbHXS50.jpg

jFgBOkg.jpg

iJTw656.jpg

k03Iivb.jpg

Once we were finished, we decided to head back to the resort as the MNSSHP guests were arriving in waves along with the day guests. We knew we would be back in a few days anyway.

I did decide to be a creeper to some guests that dressed up as they were from Kingdom Hearts.

HjrLiPn.jpg

I'm not the best creeper though

I was in no mood to walk back to the resort & decided to take the monorail. We should have just walked though as the monorail was slow to arrive & would have been quicker to walk.

ylTna08.jpg

A Relaxing Night​

After we got back to the resort, we hung out in the room for a bit. I played on the computer, while my husband watched baseball. At 6:10pm, we headed to the Contemporary to get to our dinner reservation at The Wave.

xBQY4Cx.jpg

View while waiting on elevator

dyrQEcE.jpg

Being a creeper again for the Sully

xuZswlS.jpg

We arrived right on time for our 6:20pm reservation. (We had changed it earlier in the day) and headed to a table near the server station in the back part of the room.

8MpB6Zo.jpg

Menu

We debated on what we were going to order as we waited for our Coke Zeros to arrive.

I decided on an appetizer for a single part of the dish rather than the entire thing.

ltpczTE.jpg

Scallops w/ Cheddar Risotto

I got this for the risotto. It was a great risotto - better than what Le Cellier puts out with their steak. The scallops, on the other hand, were overcooked. Ramsey would have thrown them back. I'm super picky about scallops to begin with so I knew going in, I probably wasn't going to like that part of the dish.

My husband passed on getting his own appetizer as he stole some of my risotto.

EUpr0aM.jpg

Beef Tenderloin

My husband went with steak. He loved it!

oRZGOey.jpg

Daily Grilled Sustainable Fish - Swordfish

I went with the grilled swordfish w/ fingerling potatoes. The fish was perfectly cooked but a bit under seasoned for me but some more salt & pepper made it better.

We debated on dessert.

htCxcHM.jpg

But we ended up passing as we have some snacks in the room if we really needed something cheap.

After dinner, we went shopping upstairs on the 4th floor. I needed more conditioner as my ends are getting dry. I also wanted to get a banana for breakfast for the next morning.

After some of that shopping, we headed back to the room. My husband continued to watch some baseball while I went to the pool for about an hour. I called it a night when the water got too cool for me & too many children were down there without their parents around to watch.

aaGCFMK.jpg

We got to bed around 9:30, shortly after I finished my last post. I set an alarm for 5:30am as tomorrow was race day! :yay:

I'm doing this for fun right?

5:30AM came quickly. The new wake up call sucks. I miss Stitch.

This is also when I figured out I forgot to pack hair ties. Even my spare always on my hairbrush handle hair tie was missing. I had a butterfly clip at least so I tried to get it as tight as I could if I wanted to keep my hair out of my face for the run.

sEAddBd.jpg

Its 5:45AM, do I look half asleep?

We drove over Wide World of Sports. Getting there early meant we were in the 2nd row of available parking. :banana: As we still had an hour until we really needed to get towards the corrals, we hung out in the car. I ate my breakfast of an energy drink & a banana. My husband had his energy chews.
We decided against turning in a bag with our stuff. I ended up leaving my phone in the car so we got no pictures on the coarse.

We were in D. I got us towards the front of the corral so that we would have as much buffer room if I got lazy and needed to walk slowly.

At 7:32am, the first corral was allowed to start the race & about 15 minutes later, my corral was off! As I was towards the front, I felt the need to sprint. Bad idea. After about .4 miles of that, my lungs said, nope. I started fast walking. My husband got aggravated I was slowing down. After about 2 minutes of fighting back and forth, he left me in his dust. This was ok. He was aggravating me as much as I was him. I maintained my pace switching between jogging, walking, sprinting, walking, etc. More walking towards the end. :rolleyes1

I loved the on course entertainment. It made me wish I had brought my phone with me. There was the Big Bad Wolf, King Richard, Grave Diggers, Bees, Football Zombies, and someone else major I'm forgetting.

I finished. My husband was waiting after the finish line for me (he had finished about 15 minutes earlier than me)

I got my RunDisney snack pack and we walked back to the car to head back to the resort.

KicLN9Q.jpg

I Finished!

Kpq1MUN.jpg

Me too!

6vzAcjb.jpg

Snack Pack Given @ End

2TQD5b7.jpg

Insides of said pack

We threw out the hummus dip as neither of us enjoy hummus. The rest of the pack is in our kitchenette for snacks as needed. My husband enjoyed his mini protein bar.

We got cleaned up from the gross sweat and relaxed for a bit until we decided to head over to EPCOT.

What is the blue-green circle of shame???

Apparently when you try to use your magic band at a fast pass entrance, the big Mickey head on the stand (similar to the entrance stands) will turn green in its outer circle, if what you have is correct or is able to be used. If there is any problem it turn blue-green and flash showing there is an issue that the CM will have to look at on his screen.

We did last minute fastpass+ yesterday & had no issues though trying to use them.

Congrats on finishing the race! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the on-course entertainment.

Thanks! I'm happy I was able to finish. A year ago, I probably would not been able to do that.

I got the email this afternoon for the matharonfoto pictures that were taken at the race. Those will never see the light of day! Both my husband & I look horrible. Then again, 3 miles into a run, I don't think most people would look so hot either. At least we didn't prebuy them.

Why do I trust other people with my camera?

As we headed over to the Contemporary to grab the monorail to the TTC (then EPCOT), we found 2 friends asking for a new home.

Yxt6C4K.jpg

Someone had just left them there by the elevators. Poor penguins :(

We were lucky to not have to wait long at the Contemporary & quickly were on our way to our next stop @ the TTC to transfer to the EPCOT Rail. While we were waiting, we decided to look for what fastpass+ selections were available for EPCOT this afternoon. I ended up selecting a character meet as being able to not wait in line for a character sounded like a good plan to me. We also got the ride in Norway & the application forced me to get one for Soarin for like 5:30pm. Not like I was actually going to use that. (Had it been available at 1:30pm or before, we would have)

7yekn8R.jpg

Waiting on the monorail

ag2ig22.jpg

The first stop for us in EPCOT was the World of Coke stop. We were thirsty.
We don't vary from what we get there now. No need to try all the flavors when we really just love one flavor.

12AHkv8.jpg

Wc2wRVQ.jpg

How I love Watermelon Soda!

After a glass or two (or really three, I'm selfish), we headed to our character meeting fastpass. My husband teased me & refused to go in.

TWP2BDR.jpg

I like to play on my cell phone

This involved me then giving my camera to the character assistants. I use a 50mm prime lens as my walk around lens so they didn't quite get how to use it properly even when I showed them how to use it. They didn't get it didn't have a zoom! I should have just handed them my iPhone. Lets see how these pictures turned out...

A1Txzaw.jpg

zPEd3IP.jpg

dQOuPQG.jpg

I kinda wish my husband would have at least gone in the attraction with me as it probably would have turned out better. Oh well! At least I didn't have any line whatsoever to wait in, thus I didn't waste too much time.

As it was near 11AM, we headed over to World Showcase to begin our favorite part of vacation...Eating & Drinking

ex3Z3JA.jpg

Its a Kodak Photospot!

Our first booth we stopped at was Desserts & Champagne

We had Chocolate Orange Cupcake, Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake & Frozen S'mores

6GoPLMC.jpg

hbewmVO.jpg

The cupcake didn't have much flavor to it. The cheesecake tasted more like chunky peanut butter than Chocolate Hazelnut & the Frozen S'mores felt more like a chocolate shake with a funky topping. Mostly a miss at this booth for us. At least there are 29 more booths for us to try out!

Our next stop was Brazil for Crispy Pork Belly

2SaZQIs.jpg

It was like a thick piece of crispy bacon with the fat that has been caramelized.
One of our favorite dishes thus far!

Our next booth to stop at was Mexico

I got to enjoy the Shrimp Taco w/ Purple Cabbage. My husband enjoyed the Tace de Rib-Eye w/ Salsa de Chipotle

lyvgyuW.jpg

We split the Sangria
32Gjsnd.jpg

We decided to duck into Mexico for their boat ride.

vfS2fni.jpg

Bkrh1Fy.jpg

nLSzMY5.jpg

gVBu42L.jpg

We found Donald! We then headed to Maelstrom for their boat ride using our fastpass+

XEv9Zx7.jpg

Guess I Need New Shoes

After our Norway Adventure, we stopped by 2 more booths.

Germany

My husband wanted the Apple Strudel w/ Werther's Original Karamel & Vanilla Sauce

xT94yJ2.jpg

While he was enjoying that, I decided to head next door to the Brewer's Collection to get the beer that made my husband have a gross face during our drive back from HHN.

Schofferhofer Grapefruit
3vtDwY8.jpg

I got the smallest serving of it as we still had lunch & the Grand Marnier event to deal with this afternoon.

The beer was ok. Absolutely no aftertaste to it.

We decided to skip the rest of the booths for the day.

We gave the village w/ the trains a visit to see how their festival was going.

5KFmQrD.jpg

12SRfGs.jpg

4yaFO7u.jpg

Nowhere as exciting as real life's.

In America, we watched a small show.

2mqMIOc.jpg

Upon leaving America, my flip flop decided to break. There was no way to attempt to repair it. There was also no way to walk on it. Off went the shoes as we walked into Japan.

I had a slight heart attack as I started looking at their shoe selection. The cheapest I could originally find was $89.99. Taking a 2nd glance, I found 1 pair for 19.99 but they would have killed my feet. I was able to find 2 different pairs for $39.99. I picked the least ugly of the two.

lZbiicx.jpg

While I was dealing with that, my husband was enjoying his fandom self. He bought himself Mario Socks.

We decided to explore the gallery as we hadn't looked in there in a while.

HApkulP.jpg

We couldn't get away from the foxes ;)

VVxVmo8.jpg

dBG3FSW.jpg

It was almost time for our lunch ADR & we headed upstairs to Tokyo Dining.
cNlQnk6.jpg

We didn't need an ADR as the restaurant was 75% empty. We got some water to drink & ordered our meals.

IMp2Pfy.jpg

Chicken Teriyaki

My husband's selection was the lunch special. It came with Miso Soup & Rice as well. He really enjoyed it!

I went with the Assorted Tempura Appetizer & a Shrimp Tempura Roll

Q4fswW6.jpg

LxFQX0y.jpg

No complaints about either!

Tokyo Dining had not been on our restaurant rotation list in a while. When we lived in Georgia, we had an amazing Japanese place right down the hill from us. In Naples, we haven't really enjoyed most of the places we have been to. The one we did like at first annoyed us when saw them cook most of my husband's food in a microwave right behind us when we ate in their sushi lounge. Haven't been back since.

As it was still only 1:30 & we had an hour to kill until our F&W Special Event, my husband wanted the item he was craving from our last trip.

Yes, we got more L'Artisan des Glaces

0FDkNzr.jpg

Single Scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip in a Cone

My husband didn't change what he got last time. In fact, he was wearing that same shirt for our first visit in our July trip too. :lmao:

RP7CPa7.jpg

Chocolate Macaron Sandwich

I went with the Macaron Sandwich. Loved it!

8g8fesO.jpg

At this point, I really had eaten too much. We also were tired & had no desire to walk much more before our F&W Event. We decided to visit Impressions of France as we could sit and relax and not think for a bit. I made friends with the host introducing the movie as I laughed way too loud to his bad singing and bad jokes.

The movie let out with just enough time to spare for our event!

Eek, shame about the flip flop issue ;)
We love Tokyo Dining and really must get back there one day soon
That mint choc chip ice cream is at the top of my list for December :)

Eek, shame about the flip flop issue ;)
We love Tokyo Dining and really must get back there one day soon
That mint choc chip ice cream is at the top of my list for December :)

At least I was close enough to some store that sold footwear & I didn't have to hobble barefoot too far!

I think that mint chic chip is still on the top of my husband's list too. I have a feeling he'll get it at least one more time this week, if not two.

Taste, Shake & Indulge Like The French​

Leaving our movie & my french boyfriend. We walked towards Monsieur Paul.

MUq61eG.jpg

Letting me know to go upstairs!

Once we reached the landing, we were greeted and shown to our table by the window.

I liked how this time around, each party was seated by themselves. While in 2010, we met a lovely couple & enjoyed ourselves, we've had other times we weren't so lucky with table mates.

H7riMfk.jpg

MMMMM, shots of liquor!

911C1Qv.jpg

Cookie, Chocolate, Mint, Lemon, Dried Orange Rind

zbZhO9B.jpg

Here we have the interactive part of the presentation

rmc9qLv.jpg

Now with added Mimosa!

X64ZKEJ.jpg

Stop taking pictures, crazy woman

1b0tzeI.jpg

Creeper Photo of franandaj & her SO

The event started about 15 minutes late as they were waiting for people to show up that had reserved the event. Eric started talking around then and thanked us for coming.

JPtaCux.jpg

RLvg93f.jpg

The representative from Grand Marnier began her talk about the history of the company and the history of cocktails being an American tradition until we scared all the bartenders away during prohibition. She was very interactive.

After our history lesson, we began to taste our Grand Marnier shots. When asking what the initial shot tasted like, my husband joked to me, stating "purple." She picked up on that & stated maybe he needs to be checked by a doctor ;)

After our tastings of the 4 samples, we got to make our Smash cocktail. We smashed our lemon & mint leaves. Poured in our Grand Marnier & some ice. Gave it a shake & strained it into a glass.

clPbV2J.jpg

The servers came out to show us how to make a Crepe Suzette.

Y979sB9.jpg

BQV2DXT.jpg

G9mh9pY.jpg

Shortly after our presentation, we were served a Crepe Suzette along with a Grand Marnier Tart.

fJmBQzp.jpg

We couldn't eat that much of our desserts. What we did get to taste, we really enjoyed. Eating that much earlier around the world along with lunch had caught up to us.

Overall, this event is still a great value for our $65pp.

We picked up our goody bags & headed back to the resort.

VWlAm6X.jpg

Contents of goody bag

When we got back to the room, we had this under our door.

agpvaaY.jpg

This is going to alter some of our plans for later in the week.

I then headed to the pool to work off some of that eating we had. My husband watched college football until dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts