A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KathyRN137, Nov 12, 2009.

1. joy13

joy13 DIS Veteran

Kathy - I am in the same boat as you - I haven't updated my trip report since June! I'm not even sure where to restart?

Congrats on going to Disney in January - that's awesome!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

It seems like since school started back this year everyone has been busier than ever. Usually there is an expected lull when school gets going again, but this year just seems to be fuller than ever of regular life stuff. Don't think you are alone in being a 'bad DISer', because I know I have been, too!

Good luck with all of your writing. We'll enjoy seeing pictures whenever you get around to them. :)

4. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

While I'm re-loading my photos onto PhotoBucket, I thought I would simply re-post my last TR segment. It's been so long, I figured you could use a memory jog! (I know I did!)

5. KathyRN137

Okay... happy, y'all???

Sheesh, this feels like getting back on an exercise program!

(Another thing I really need to do but hey, let's not push it!) :lmao:

Kathy

6. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Glad you're back Kathy!!! I remember your last segment and cannot wait to read more. :)

7. mom2mek

mom2mek Obsessed with Disney

Woo-hoo!! So glad to see you back posting on here, Kathy! You have been missed!! :hug:

Ready and waiting....popcorn::popcorn::

Sara

8. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Yay, you are back!!! Can't wait to read the rest!

9. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

:banana::banana:

So happy so see this TR again. I really enjoy your writing.

10. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

So glad you decided to continue with this TR Kathy! :woohoo:

11. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

12. jess98ac

jess98ac DIS Veteran

Yay! You're back!

13. KathyRN137

Hello DIS-friends! :wave2:

Finished re-loading my pix onto PhotoBucket and hope to have an update tomorrow! Yay for the end of soccer and field hockey... I've got my Saturdays back!!

I did manage a blog update today: http://wdwadventuresinautism.blogspot.com/

Kathy

14. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

Naaaaa, guilt is a wast of emotion. We just like giving you a hard time. :goodvibes I'm just glad your back! :yay: :thumbsup2

15. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Glad you are back too. I know life gets in the way we wait..... :surfweb:

16. KathyRN137

A Halloween Adventure in Autism

Thank you all for being so patient; it’s been a very long time since the last installment. I will do my best to recall the events as they occurred, however, the rest of my story will most likely be light on detail and heavy on photos!

Chapter 34

Tuesday Morning
    November 3, 2009
    The Magic Kingdom

After admiring the intricate mosaics inside The Castle, Tricia, Catie, and I walked over to Cinderella’s wishing well. I wanted to show Catie that if you stood immediately in front of the statue, the pattern of vines formed a crown above her head… a foreshadowing of her future role as princess:

[​IMG]

As if on cue, the Fairy Godmother appeared. She was very bubbly and “in character” with the girls. She made them laugh!

[​IMG]

No matter how I tried, I couldn’t convince Tricia to take a spin on Dumbo. Oh well… the line was getting pretty long anyway. I had to settle for this:

[​IMG]

The line was non-existent for IASWA, so we walked on. I always enjoy this classic!

[​IMG]

Catie enjoyed it, but Tricia was bored. She was really being “thirteen” that day! She wasn’t too happy about “wasting time” in Fantasyland, she wanted to go to Frontierland to ride BTMRR and Splash.

We found ourselves in one of the gift shops… something to do with my camera, I believe. (It must’ve been that because otherwise I would’ve had a lot more pictures of IASWA!) Again, please disregard the incorrect date on Catie's pictures...

I had never been inside this particular gift shop, but it’s the one with the holographic display that shows the Sleeping Beauty gown magically transforming from blue to pink and back again:

[​IMG]

It’s a lovely touch and a practical one as well if, say, you needed to distract a little princess for a few minutes while picking up a surprise gift. The soundtrack accompanying the display must get really annoying for the cashiers that have to work nearby, though! They must hear Flora and Fauna arguing in their sleep every night: Blue! No, make it pink! Make it blue!

I recall not being able to find what I needed in the gift shop and since Catie was set on getting her picture taken with her favorite princess who, coincidentally, just happens to be Aurora. So we left Fantasyland and ambled over to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. I thought it best to try to catch the characters early.

[​IMG]

Naturally, once we were inside County Bounty, it was difficult to pry ourselves away from all the merchandise… I seemed to be doing a lot more shopping with these two calling the shots!

I admit that I resorted to using my best persuasive skills in hopes that the girls would get in line for Tinkerbell and her pixie friends… remember, this was 2009…I hadn’t the chance to see them yet. But, no, we got on the line for the princesses instead. Oh well, at least it was significantly shorter!

When we reached the front of the line, Catie immediately went to Princess Aurora and asked for her autograph. When it was time to pose, Tricia decided she was “just going to take pictures” and I have to admit, it really annoyed me at the time. Why couldn’t she just go along with the fun like her cousin was doing?

[​IMG]

Party-Pooper!

[​IMG]

This was the reason for Catie’s Princess Quest: she wanted to re-create a favorite picture of her mom’s from their first Disney trip when she was six:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had this last one made into a 5 x 7 and framed for my DSis... she loved it!

Next came my favorite princess: Cinderella! Catie asked for an autograph and posed:

[​IMG]

See, Tricia, I’m not a party-pooper!!

[​IMG]

Last was Belle, looking ravishing in her yellow ball gown. While signing Catie’s autograph book she tried to entice my daughter to get in on the photo:

[​IMG]

She was wonderfully engaging but… no dice! Catie had to pose with Belle alone. (Note how Belle had Catie hold onto the edge of her shirt as if it was a skirt… they both curtseyed after the photopass photographer was finished.)

[​IMG]

After our brush with royalty we headed for the railroad station so that Princess Sourpuss could finally get her wish.

[​IMG]

Continued, next post!

Kathy

17. KathyRN137

We chugged on over to Frontierland:

[​IMG]

….and were thrilled to see this at BTMRR:

[​IMG]

Yippee!!

That was so nice, we rode it twice!

[​IMG]

The girls scampered next door to Splash Mountain and we zigzagged through the queue.

Finally, Tricia is having fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yes… ponchos definitely were worn!!

[​IMG]

The girls wanted to ride again, so we did! What luck we were having with wait times… I was sorry the boys were missing it.

After shaking out our ponchos we followed the sound of drums to:

[​IMG]

Ahhhh! Here were all the people!​

Pretty details:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The line for Pirates of the Caribbean was long, the longest we had encountered yet that morning. Thankfully, both sides were open!

Catie had not yet seen the updated version with Captain Jack Sparrow, so she had fun spotting him along the way.

(Sorry… no flash!)

[​IMG]

We emerged from the pirates’ lair and Catie felt her phone vibrate. (If you recall, Tricia and I had left our chargers at home and so we were depending on Catie for communications.) Ed texted us to say that Billy had napped a bit and seemed better… they were on their way to meet us.

Ah, Motrin is a wonderful thing!

Kathy

18. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

So glad to see you are posting updates! Sounds like you guys had a great morning so far.:goodvibes

19. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

So glad you made your way back here to finish up.

I enjoyed the tour around MK. I can't wait to hear about Billy.

I hope he feels a bit better.

20. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Looks like a good morning. Glad Billy was able to rally (I hope!)

21. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Princess Sourpuss !! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

What a great morning Catie had and a great idea to have that photo done for your DSis. So if memory serves, Catie has met her favorite villan and now her favorite princess? :thumbsup2

You must have been thrilled to get that text from Ed. :goodvibes