A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, k&a&c'smom! We missed you.

Yes, we have had a wonderful start to 2013, thank you. On our return from WDW in January, we found ourselves in a long, hot Summer! It is just turning autumnal now, with mellow days and beautiful sunsets. To top it off, we have already booked our next visit to the GF! We are very fortunate, indeed. :cloud9:

Just booked to go back to GF! We originally had a bb from our December trip to GF and we were going to try Poly....but we just got a fantastic deal for GF that we couldn't pass up...so back we go!

We are really excited since we got to experience GF for 3 great nights during all of it's holiday splendor...now we get 6 summer nights with open pools!

I have some pictures from our recent stay at RPC and of the Pool and construction. I'm just to lazy to upload them to a site and then post them:rolleyes1:upsidedow:sad2::guilty:

I have some pictures from our recent stay at RPC and of the Pool and construction. I'm just to lazy to upload them to a site and then post them:rolleyes1:upsidedow:sad2::guilty:

ok, maybe I'm missing an inside joke . . . but do you really have new photos? If so, please post!!!! ::yes::

Welcome back, k&a&c'smom! We missed you.

Yes, we have had a wonderful start to 2013, thank you. On our return from WDW in January, we found ourselves in a long, hot Summer! It is just turning autumnal now, with mellow days and beautiful sunsets. To top it off, we have already booked our next visit to the GF! We are very fortunate, indeed. :cloud9:

:wave2: Thanks for the welcome back, I've missed everyone here.

I'm glad you are getting a break from the heat of summer, I heard Australia was suffering like we did last July/August. I just watched a documentary about "Black Saturday" and its aftermath, I hope it wasn't nearly so bad as that - what a nightmare. We have snow today, when we have just celebrated the first day of spring!

Excited for you to have a return trip booked.:cheer2:

Just booked to go back to GF! We originally had a bb from our December trip to GF and we were going to try Poly....but we just got a fantastic deal for GF that we couldn't pass up...so back we go!

We are really excited since we got to experience GF for 3 great nights during all of it's holiday splendor...now we get 6 summer nights with open pools!

Woohoo for your great deal.:cool1::cool1:

Love to see your photos when you get time. I'll try to pop in regularly, hope to see them posted.:goodvibes

Hi Everyone! I am getting so anxious to spend Christmas at GF, but it's soooo far away . . . :sad:

So I just have a quick question as I plan and plan what we are going to do . . . If we wanted to do an afternoon tea is that something we need to get an ADR for or is it just first come first serve? Also, has anyone done this before and did you like it? Do you think 10 year old girls would enjoy it too? I thought about the Perfectly Princess Tea, but I don't think my daughter will be into it that much . . .

Thanks so much!

Hi Everyone! I am getting so anxious to spend Christmas at GF, but it's soooo far away . . . :sad:

So I just have a quick question as I plan and plan what we are going to do . . . If we wanted to do an afternoon tea is that something we need to get an ADR for or is it just first come first serve? Also, has anyone done this before and did you like it? Do you think 10 year old girls would enjoy it too? I thought about the Perfectly Princess Tea, but I don't think my daughter will be into it that much . . .

Thanks so much!

DD and I have had afternoon tea at the Grand since she was a little girl. We both love it, and we see many young girls there who seem to enjoy it - they have a special tea menu just for the little ones.

You should get an AR, especially during the Christmas season. The tea room is quite small, and it is a popular spot. When we booked last August, you had to call, it was not available with online booking - but that could have changed.

I think there are some photos of the tea on page 1, I'll go look to be sure. ETA: photos of the Garden View Tea Room at the bottom of post #10 and top of post #11 on page 1.:)

Enjoy your planning, Christmas at the Grand is sooo festive!:santa:

DD and I have had afternoon tea at the Grand since she was a little girl. We both love it, and we see many young girls there who seem to enjoy it - they have a special tea menu just for the little ones.

You should get an AR, especially during the Christmas season. The tea room is quite small, and it is a popular spot. When we booked last August, you had to call, it was not available with online booking - but that could have changed.

I think there are some photos of the tea on page 1, I'll go look to be sure. ETA: photos of the Garden View Tea Room at the bottom of post #10 and top of post #11 on page 1.:)

Enjoy your planning, Christmas at the Grand is sooo festive!:santa:

Thank you so much!!!

ok, maybe I'm missing an inside joke . . . but do you really have new photos? If so, please post!!!! ::yes::
I sure do, and I hope to have them posted this weekend :scared:

:wave2: Thanks for the welcome back, I've missed everyone here.

Love to see your photos when you get time. I'll try to pop in regularly, hope to see them posted.:goodvibes

:wave2:, I'm hoping to post them ASAP:rolleyes1:hourglass

Take your time... we'll wait...
attendre.gif

:rotfl:

I have more coming:rolleyes1

Someone asked on here or the Concierge board about the Shower caps and Slippers:scratchin, we were given both for adult use only.

Some of the pictures show the set up for one of the 3 convention parties that were held nightly at the Marinas:eek::eek::eek:, at times we wanted to use our balcony, but it felt as if we were intruding when they held these events:confused3 Our room was directly over GIG's and it got rather loud at times from people below :upsidedow

IMG_0497_zps202acb2e.jpg

IMG_0479_zps814c1043.jpg

IMG_0477_zps5d6754b3.jpg

IMG_0476_zps588e9224.jpg

IMG_0383_zpsb297d179.jpg

IMG_0382_zps8fa7a9dc.jpg

IMG_0235_zpsb793d8f0.jpg

IMG_0204_zps2c3460cb.jpg

IMG_0202_zps0960fcfe.jpg

IMG_0194_zpsac35352f.jpg

Ohh I'd a gotten dressed and gone downstairs and crashed the party!!! Tell them I'm from the Topeka office... :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Ohh I'd a gotten dressed and gone downstairs and crashed the party!!! Tell them I'm from the Topeka office... :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

:lmao: I briefly thought about it when we saw the big cheese himself make an appearance :rolleyes1
I have pictures of that too:rotfl:
Great pics, what building was it?

Anyvnewscon beach opening? :beach:

Thank you, it was Main building RPC, I have some shots of them working on it, I'm still downloading those. I can't believe we took over 1000 photos:confused3:rolleyes1:sad2::scared: (I even took over 700 with my I phone:scared:):upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter