A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking of ordering room service for breakfast for our last morning at the GF (just before checkout at 11am).
Have tried searching for an online menu to see what's available for breakfast but have no success so far.
Has anyone tried it before?
Can we use our deluxe dining credits? I assume it would be two credits per person for room service.

We are thinking of ordering room service for breakfast for our last morning at the GF (just before checkout at 11am).
Have tried searching for an online menu to see what's available for breakfast but have no success so far.
Can we use our deluxe dining credits? I assume it would be two credits per person for room service.

Here you go!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Ps I keep this link in my phones bookmark for easy access when at Disney:thumbsup2

Room service is fabulous at the GF! Simply GRAND! :cloud9:
Now, we have always ordered anything off of the Cafe, Narcoossee's, and Citrico's menus for RS. Please keep this in mind, you can grab paper menus from them at these restaurants or from the front concierge. :goodvibes

They bring everything for breakfast, including the toaster! All the condiments without asking, too! True white glove service, :goodvibes, you will love it!

Second best RS on property is at the Swan, this is after 50+ trips. :thumbsup2
And I'm a RS lover and snob! My bad. :rotfl:

Room service is fabulous at the GF! Simply GRAND!
Now, we have always ordered anything off of the Cafe, Narcoossee's, and Citrico's menus for RS. Please keep this in mind, you can grab paper menus from them at these restaurants or from the front concierge.

They bring everything for breakfast, including the toaster! All the condiments without asking, too! True white glove service, , you will love it!

Second best RS on property is at the Swan, this is after 50+ trips.
And I'm a RS lover and snob! My bad.

Thanks Lulu'smom! As much as I like seeing the deco and eating at a disney restuarant, nothing beats the comfort of having food delivered straight to your room :thumbsup2
I'm all excited now. I have only tried the dinner at Citrico's two years ago and it was a good experience. I was staying at AKL then.
This time, I have booked us dinner at the Narcoossee's and most of our breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Going to give 1900 Parkfare a miss (mainly due to the timing issues).

I'm at GF right now, they still have the old mugs with Mickey and friends.

Hi! I realize you're on your vacation and hopefully enjoying time with your family instead of posting here. That said . . .:)

... how does the Courtyard Pool look? Word is that they've started filling it with water? Is that true? Can you tell if the concrete has been poured for the deck around the pool?

Thanks for any update!!!

Hi! I realize you're on your vacation and hopefully enjoying time with your family instead of posting here. That said . . .:)

... how does the Courtyard Pool look? Word is that they've started filling it with water? Is that true? Can you tell if the concrete has been poured for the deck around the pool?

Thanks for any update!!!

This is one of the reasons we decided to do the Poly this last-minute trip.
Didn't want to chance the pool being completly finished in 2 weeks. :beach:
But, I WILL get pics.

Thanks Lulu'smom! As much as I like seeing the deco and eating at a disney restuarant, nothing beats the comfort of having food delivered straight to your room :thumbsup2
I'm all excited now. I have only tried the dinner at Citrico's two years ago and it was a good experience. I was staying at AKL then.
This time, I have booked us dinner at the Narcoossee's and most of our breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Going to give 1900 Parkfare a miss (mainly due to the timing issues).

You're welcome!:)

Also wanted to add: if you are doing the cabana, same thing except you can order from the GF Cafe menu also as well as the RS menu the cabana boy gives you. Just tell him what you want, they'll make it. The GF aims to please. :cloud9:

For our 8-day, 7-night stay, I'd prefer to not have groceries delivered to the room (though I'm open to a change-of-mind on that idea).

Where, if anywhere, could I grab:

-- apples
-- bananas
-- individual water bottles
-- bagels
-- small containers of peanut butter

Can we buy all or some of those things at Gasparillas? I can find a Gasparillas menu but that shows the prepared items, mostly. Thanks for any help with this.

I usually throw bagels in our checked luggage, a bag in mine, and one in daughters, plus you can also pack a small P Butter too.

Most resort shops carry food items too, and cheaper then the food court for some reason.
If you feel like an adventure you can take the WL boat from MK or CR, because they are a DVC resort, WL gift shop carries a large food selection in their gift shop.

This is one of the reasons we decided to do the Poly this last-minute trip.
Didn't want to chance the pool being completly finished in 2 weeks. :beach:
But, I WILL get pics.

Don't forget to ask about beach :beach: lol, I think Lin7 is MIA!! Having too much fun :beach::upsidedow

Thanks for any update!!!

They are filling it with water to check for any leaks, and have a projected opening date of March 31st. Of course that is only if they do not find any problems.

They are filling it with water to check for any leaks, and have a projected opening date of March 31st. Of course that is only if they do not find any problems.

Thanks, Baler! Knowing ahead of time doesn't really help us plan but it's fun to find out!

Hello, GF lovers!:wave: I've been off the boards for a while, sorry I haven't checked in more frequently. I hope everyone is having a great year so far.:grouphug:

Here you go!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Ps I keep this link in my phones bookmark for easy access when at Disney:thumbsup2

::yes::

You beat me to it, I was just coming to post this!:goodvibes

First cup of coffee still in my hand.:rolleyes1

ETA--- On page 94 of this thread, there are pictures of the menu taken from March 2011. IDK if it has changed or not since then. :)

Photos of the entire PD menu are on the bottom of the first page of this thread, post #15.:goodvibes It has not changed in many, many years, so I doubt it has lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter