A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by k&a&c'smom, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koho

koho Why is the Rum always gone?

Where is the best place to watch the Electric Water Pageant on the grounds of the GF?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. shwn

shwn Earning My Ears

Hi All,

I have looked through this thread (lots of great info), but I can't find the answer to a specific question.

I booked a surprise last minute trip today for my wife and I for Valentines day weekend at the Grand Floridian. We booked Main Building Club Level- Deluxe King Room. The room lists Magic Kingdom or Resort Grounds as the view options. Also from what I found it looks like some of these rooms have a balcony and some do not.

Does anyone know if any of these rooms with a balcony have Magic Kingdom views? Thats what I would ideally want, but don't know if it exists. I would probably prefer a room with balcony and no view of the MK over one without a balcony and a view of the MK. Just wanted to see what my options really are :)! Also I know its just a request, but want to request the right thing and hope for the best...

Thanks in advance!

4. bethclayton

bethclayton DIS Veteran

i don't know the answer for you, but i looked it up on another website. however, i don't know if i am "allowed" to c & p what it says? and it was way too long of an answer to recap, lol. i *think* the gist of it was that the ones with no MK view also have no balconies, but i was a little unclear whether the ones that DO have mk view also have balconies.

if no one posts an answer, google "where the magic lives" then click on the first website. click "accommodations" and "concierge" and i believe the answer you are looking for is at the bottom of the page.

i promise i'm not trying to send you on a scavenger hunt, lol. but i know if i post the website it will just "*********" it out and i wasn't sure if c & p was permitted.

5. electricsoup

electricsoup Roller Derby Disney Princess

We definitely enjoyed our stay! And I don't mind - it was not an upgrade, that's what we requested! :D 1st floor, TPV. Last time we were there we actually had the room next door!

6. butternut

butternut Earning My Ears

Thanks electricsoup!!! I think i will most definitely request Boca Chica with a lagoon view. Im so excited and can barely wait for March 14th! Thanks for your views and pictures!!

7. jojomickey

jojomickey Mouseketeer

We stayed Boca chica lagoon view and it was awesome !!!!!

You will love it butternut!

8. shwn

shwn Earning My Ears

Thank you very much! Thats exactly what I wanted to know. It looks like from the info on that site and the pictures of the room on Disney's website, the ones right above Gasparilla's (2nd floor) will have a Magic Kingdom view and balcony- I will request to be on 2nd floor and hope it works. Thanks again!

9. butternut

butternut Earning My Ears

Thanks Jojomickey!! I really hope they take the request. Do all the rooms have balconies ?

10. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Boca Chica rooms are all TPV; the lagoon view are all in Big Pine Key facing the Polynesian, Wedding Pavilion and the DVC building. You'll find multiple reports here, though, of people who did get the upgrade to Boca Chica with a lagoon view. Just an fyi in case you're told that your request isn't possible.

11. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Fantastic pictures! This is the view we get most often when booking TPV. Boca Chica is my favorite building, and I love the view these rooms have of the whole resort area. Only downside is the trees that block some of the views, sometimes you get lucky and other times you might get behind one of the trees.

12. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Concierge pigs? It's funny at first I was thinking wow that's awful and then I remembered what club level costs and realized people should eat and drink as much as humanly possible and not feel a tinge of guilt!

13. jd99

jd99 DIS Veteran

agree to disagree. The behavior of some folks was something I don't want my children to mimic that's for sure. The person who piled a plate with a dozen cookies and took to their room for example. The person who put at least 8 or 9 beers into a stroller and took outside. Where were they going? maybe the pool? The man who used his hands (not the serving tools and plates) and walked from area to area eating directly from the buffet. I don't care how much it costs. That's just completely awful behavior.

14. cgulls

cgulls Mouseketeer

Sorry, I agree with this post and with jd99's original post. And hopefully it's reasonable to discuss it here. The idea of "getting your money's worth" at all costs can lead to pretty gross behavior. It's hoarding. It's rude. It's low class. Obviously, you can't know what somebody is thinking or why people do what they do. So, it's not entirely fair to make these judgments. But stuffing one's face or pockets in public is pretty uncool. Remember that everybody else paid the same or a similar amount.

Of course, in the comfort and privacy of my own family room? That's a different story. :)

15. cgulls

cgulls Mouseketeer

A couple years ago, Steve at tikimanpages wrote this bit on Concierge Level etiquette. Grammar errors notwithstanding, he makes some nice points.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/182-news-around-the-resort

16. toodycat

toodycat DIS Veteran

If you see someone eating directly from the serving dish, please tell a CM and they will toss the whole platter. Sadly, I know this because my aging father has totally lost his table manners and was behaving like a concierge pig on our last visit. I apologize to anyone who was there; we made sure the food he touched was removed from the lounge.

17. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

We stayed club level at WL during our Thanksgiving trip, there were a couple of nights I was back to the room before the rest of the family and they weren't going to back until after 10. I would get texts from them -ds19,ds15 and DH - asking to get their snacks. I would do a little bit at a time , but the whole time kept thinking of the discussions we have had on this thread about the pigs :)!

18. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Having two under two my dh would go to the lounge and bring back food for us. People need to realize that people may not be pigs but helping out their spouse!

19. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

The cms had no issues at all helping my husband get a tray. And when I was sick they even ordered soup for me and brought it to my room. We didn't ask for it and was so surprised at their thoughtfulness and kindness.

20. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Disney is a vacation why be worried about judging people and calling them pigs? Yes of course if they are hurting the food eww, tell a cm right away. I have much better things to do on my vacation. I hope no one judged my dh as he is a wonderful dh and daddy to help me and make sure I eat.

21. bethclayton

bethclayton DIS Veteran

i have to stay that i have never seen anyone ill-mannered in any way at the rpc lounge (the poly was a different story :rolleyes1). but when i hear people say that they thought people in the lounge were rude because they ate a lot, or took food back to their room or had multiple plates of food... sometimes i am like :confused: ?? i mean, it's not like they run out of food there. they just keep bringing more until the time slot ends. or if someone brought a bunch of beer to their room, or to wherever... i mean, there's more beer right behind it, just waiting for the next guest. :upsidedow

bad manners as in touching food, coming into the lounge not clothed properly, being loud, taking up space unnecessarily when it is crowded... yes, i would not like to see that. but taking a lot to eat or drink, when there is an endless supply of food and drink? :confused3 i don't think it would bother me!

even clean-up... during our first trip the women shooed us away if we tried to clean up after ourselves in any way (for some reason i don't recall whether or not that was the case on the next trip). so i could see where if someone experienced that once, they might assume subsequent to that, that they don't need to clean up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.