A Grand Tour of The Entire Midwest, But Mostly Wisconsin (UPDATE 11/12--BONUS Texas TR NOW COMPLETE)

I loved our do-nothing time at HHI. I can't wait to do nothing there again this summer!
[scribbles "huge bag of bacon" on packing list]

It’s Only An Island If You Look At It From The Water.

Brody had never heard of airplanes in 1975.

We didn’t get up early. We didn’t eat a crappy hotel breakfast and then pack up our belongings and pile into the van. We didn’t drive hundreds of miles. We woke up slowly, ambled out into the living room in our pajamas, and shot the breeze and drank coffee.

Who are you people?

They opened the freezer and pulled out a giant Bag O’ Bacon from B.J.’s Wholesale Warehouse and cooked up the whole darn thing,

:eek: OMG.

Jim Gaffigan: “Bacon’s the best. Even the frying of bacon sounds like applause.”

That's just stupid.

It doesn't sound like applause... it is applause.

Where was I? Oh, right. Breakfast.

Huh? What???

There’s also a bike/walking path you can take, and of course Disney has bikes you can rent for the day at the cost of an arm and a leg.

That actually surprises me a little. Balls just laying around to play with... why not free bike rentals?

(gall bladder in the high season).

Uh, oh. That leaves Ruby out.

As you should know by now, we are cheapskates, so we chose to walk.

The entire planet is not surprised.

How’d we get past? Well, as we approached, I started bragging loudly about the $350 I spent on a meal that consisted of nothing but horseradish served on genuine sharkskin paddles. The guard seemed to buy it and didn’t question our presence.

Dude was probably new.

If that hadn’t worked, I would have started talking about Shakespeare and the human condition, hoping his eyes would glaze over and he’d let us in just to make me go away.

But that would've worked on anyone.

The beach is a little odd, in that instead of a swath of soft sand, it’s extremely flat and hard-packed. You’d probably be able to drive your car on it without getting stuck.

Huh. Not my fave type of beach.... then again, I don't care for beaches anyway.

j63seW60I-lp0BE3Uaau9A_fTX3FhUxtxvk5dkb5JL_ON-KvtYQQW9OxPZQHRIPOkjhgyrEJ5ikzeOQK_AVFUmy5Tc9J9kTd6D7feexvZ7IjSGvWecxYL1JBy1AR6jPpPuc8KavAP1986dvte6YPO7IsXgEkfZBQHhCEJKcJNmvq0sg3oI6-urlGeVET1KIInfHqmgGY2w6ptA5X0EN0rX_cIWWUwKMH7yr85LoVfxaZSAC-mIEFN4G7SIDY6rlDoZ2EFQXeLN0qYUBmNdXTIZ8MiwOaXaVpOw6ls6fsPcp0NvWhU4P97jlvHmCMAKXdmhWAfab_QP-T7JDCpcxx0cHTmi7HldsZnlfkslZ9bFgKOjzegBTKOutMQSn_1qWcbdl9g2MdK2pi2BkB_Uwenax4V8syoEkcTbJKAJHBjjvC8kEWdkSpQ4gJJMrDrKH0ffDYIVgpP8cWm_WhemECE8dlln_V5pcoGW_B0t2gUSlve3y6UaORX8HjVuHPBW6ZVS7DxIfi0fbGECjbyE_Bd50fH9yO1pLnW2rNkuMD2kq-RwRTtIT4yB3uzHFFA2DMhHnsmQsPCAKwzage9wLzkpV2JdqAXblRI33hJAwIpSbnxkQcDMml=w1210-h807-no

Love that shot.

So obviously you didn't write that. Who did? Julie?

Personally, I wanted to put this photo of Snot Boy on the Christmas card, but the Fun Police overruled me once again.

Shame. It's so representative of the holiday season.

Well... my last holiday season.

There’s a little-known law in the U.S. that if you can’t swim at the beach, you must play football. True story.

I've seen this rule enforced. It's not pretty.

Signals serves Dole Whips.

HELLO!!!!

You might think having a Bag O’ Bacon and Dole Whip Floats in the same day is too much heavenly ecstasy for a mere mortal to experience,

You're skating right on the edge there dude.

they weren’t running the grill that day, so they weren’t serving burgers.

burgers schmurgers.... DOLE WHIP!!!

I never would have believed it, but there is actually one thing in this world that is actually better than a Dole Whip Float. I know, that sounds like blasphemy.

You take that back!!!

But put down your stones and hear me out.

Well... I ain't putting them down... but I won't throw 'em yet either. You have 10 seconds.

What’s better than a Dole Whip Float?

A free Dole Whip Float.

<puts rocks down>

“These are on us today,” the CM said. I wasn’t sure we heard that right, but we grabbed the floats off the counter before she could change her mind.

Were you swatting by any chance?
May have said "Bees are on us today."
Did you hear an "Ow!!" by any chance?

Like Moses hiding behind the rock as the glory of God passed before him, we put a veil over the camera lens to take this photo so the sheer holiness of their appearance wouldn’t blind us all.

vqdjVjQh0opGDgid4uh8lXvDcPvnsszAOuzuOWCvwhmgNgqkX_TMPzllEqUgznQS2nNj9Kb0syfqnkCr6CUTHTmXEujGSdlz5ZoZUG_vhKLDw_G4ovjIdSmsINoqGeQD0yPaCpz73lJXZvwT2yeF3Ml5OFPjI6vHcMU5wDNdR61D2IAy16jkqk6QFTa2mRiHSxEmISSU9zUyw1tVxhBLFOoqPGTqSUK0C-D7fDqe4z1Tjb6Z4PEiTb1mzzV4rsnbQXNpgVkXZyGAEuaVkkqlx2Mbw9fr4Ws9FwgFlijHtREFKsgBTzWq0QIHaI4VYla_hQakFBEFMJ1ihGsNusdou9T9OvtI6ywYyqwkW0J97fj3BB4Hque_iLb3_MfND96jLIw-6SAAu1zcAYUmS-BRUALv6_FuXbvPk3wgJ4qynSDh_gIXQcuXwoHPeuDeKljfZFHHxBct8e9tUgGOuBboEXvfEHMMWmcRoypUzOSt5TmcY9OmP0UBtZdaGqTVyQOhyKnwsNxZNMDIR9R3spVgRabOZdG4V3RHGqXRHdqmo1SXv8tm7hDmXmBnSEfIG1iUM8JeK0F2V3jIeIl2gnNnu7VEllP-eX0BalRlomZWNytE2tWx3D8G=w1210-h807-no

I'm not crying... it's just dusty here.

You might recall from our Disneyland trip in 2014 that the Dole Whip was the first solid food that we could actually get Drew to eat. He’s still a fan.

Smart lad.

The pool area (note the unheated air surrounding it):

You really should complain.

It was a Sunday, and football season was still going strong, and I was tempted to just stay there and commandeer the TV in the clubhouse all afternoon. I would have, but then I remembered our grand villa was just as big, and all of our snacks were over there.

Snacks are an essential part of any good football game.

Cutest grin ever?

Our friends took care of breakfast. They opened the freezer and pulled out a giant Bag O’ Bacon from B.J.’s Wholesale Warehouse and cooked up the whole darn thing, and suddenly this adjustment to hanging out in the villa was going just swimmingly, thank you very much.
No faster way to develop a new and lasting friendship than to break bacon together............. :thumbsup2

It wasn’t quite warm enough for a swim, but we hung out for a while and took some photos, still hoping to find good shots for the Christmas card.

j63seW60I-lp0BE3Uaau9A_fTX3FhUxtxvk5dkb5JL_ON-KvtYQQW9OxPZQHRIPOkjhgyrEJ5ikzeOQK_AVFUmy5Tc9J9kTd6D7feexvZ7IjSGvWecxYL1JBy1AR6jPpPuc8KavAP1986dvte6YPO7IsXgEkfZBQHhCEJKcJNmvq0sg3oI6-urlGeVET1KIInfHqmgGY2w6ptA5X0EN0rX_cIWWUwKMH7yr85LoVfxaZSAC-mIEFN4G7SIDY6rlDoZ2EFQXeLN0qYUBmNdXTIZ8MiwOaXaVpOw6ls6fsPcp0NvWhU4P97jlvHmCMAKXdmhWAfab_QP-T7JDCpcxx0cHTmi7HldsZnlfkslZ9bFgKOjzegBTKOutMQSn_1qWcbdl9g2MdK2pi2BkB_Uwenax4V8syoEkcTbJKAJHBjjvC8kEWdkSpQ4gJJMrDrKH0ffDYIVgpP8cWm_WhemECE8dlln_V5pcoGW_B0t2gUSlve3y6UaORX8HjVuHPBW6ZVS7DxIfi0fbGECjbyE_Bd50fH9yO1pLnW2rNkuMD2kq-RwRTtIT4yB3uzHFFA2DMhHnsmQsPCAKwzage9wLzkpV2JdqAXblRI33hJAwIpSbnxkQcDMml=w1210-h807-no
1........ 2........ 3.......... 4.......... uh, hey wait a minute??? Is Liesa's little Princess friend from her V&A night making the rounds to all the Disney resorts??? :confused3

Personally, I wanted to put this photo of Snot Boy on the Christmas card, but the Fun Police overruled me once again.
Nothing says Christmas like.............

There’s a little-known law in the U.S. that if you can’t swim at the beach, you must play football. True story.
Oh okay, so that explains why all those Midwestern states are so big into football ::yes::

I never would have believed it, but there is actually one thing in this world that is actually better than a Dole Whip Float. I know, that sounds like blasphemy. But put down your stones and hear me out. What’s better than a Dole Whip Float?

A free Dole Whip Float.
I have to admit as I read along I was a little skeptical then.............BAM! :woohoo:

You might recall from our Disneyland trip in 2014 that the Dole Whip was the first solid food that we could actually get Drew to eat. He’s still a fan.
Dole Whips = solid food? Okay, well I get the sentiment at least........... :laughing:

Oh, that is good to know!! I can threaten my Floridian with this when he is being a whimp again about it being cold and the water being cold and only German tourists can think it is warm enough to swim. He definitely would enjoy playing football with me even less! First of all, he still has nightmares about when he tried to explain the rules to me when we watched the Super Bowl here together last year... And then I am so lousy with a ball that I become dangerous.
Never would have suspected with all the sports related conversations we all had back in December. :scratchin As for lousy with a ball, Pat always claims if there is one anywhere in the area it is going to seek her out with less than positive consequences. I haven't seen that firsthand, but I tell her that as long as I'm in the area, she is safe.............

From everything you write I get the impression that HH has a similar vibe to VB. We were absolutely in awe at how amazing it was there. It seemed that everyone still really cared and the guests were slowing down and not rushing from FP+ to ADR and back.
Haven't been to VB yet, but I would guess it is very similar. HHIR is a great place to relax and just enjoy life. To a certain extent, I always felt that way at AKV. Yes you are still near the parks, and yes you still have those FP+ and ADR plans, but when I'm at the resort it just feels like you are in another world and isolated from the craziness not far away. :goodvibes

Hmm, I thought you had my cell number, I must have missed your text. ;)
Guess I need to get Mark my phone number also, in case he gets stuck in such a predicament again............. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Our friends took care of breakfast. They opened the freezer and pulled out a giant Bag O’ Bacon from B.J.’s Wholesale Warehouse and cooked up the whole darn thing, and suddenly this adjustment to hanging out in the villa was going just swimmingly, thank you very much.
Now that's how you do vacation.

There’s also a bike/walking path you can take, and of course Disney has bikes you can rent for the day at the cost of an arm and a leg. You can also rent bikes for the length of your stay if you throw in your spleen (gall bladder in the high season). As you should know by now, we are cheapskates, so we chose to walk.
And if you need a bike for the kids too... well you'd better be prepared to throw in a kidney and maybe even a lung too.

Well, as we approached, I started bragging loudly about the $350 I spent on a meal that consisted of nothing but horseradish served on genuine sharkskin paddles.
This seems oddly familiar. I wonder where I've seen this before? Any ideas, @Steppesister ?

The lesson, as always: fake it till you make it.
::yes:: The guy who gets paid for leaning on a shovel knows it better than any of us!

:rotfl2: Hey, it's just a fair representation of kids that age.

never would have believed it, but there is actually one thing in this world that is actually better than a Dole Whip Float. I know, that sounds like blasphemy. But put down your stones and hear me out. What’s better than a Dole Whip Float?

A free Dole Whip Float.

“These are on us today,” the CM said. I wasn’t sure we heard that right, but we grabbed the floats off the counter before she could change her mind.
:eek: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Excellent! :thumbsup2

We called for the shuttle outside in the parking lot. It pulled up, and we had a private ride back to the resort. This may have been the highlight of the weekend for Drew. For the rest of the day, he went on and on about how he got to ride in a “school bus”. And I understand. Every morning, he has to watch his brothers and sister climb onto a bus without him. And if there’s one thing little boys love, it’s mass transportation. So the chance to finally get a ride of his own was a pretty big deal.
Just wait till you get him on a monorail headed for MK...

I loved our do-nothing time at HHI. I can't wait to do nothing there again this summer!
What? Are you telling me that wasn't the number 1 thing on the list already? What's wrong with you???? :faint:

Sigh... apparently I have some work to do here.

You know, like dispelling myths about ONLY getting horseradish for dinner.

And it was only $347!

Oh, that is good to know!! I can threaten my Floridian with this when he is being a whimp again about it being cold and the water being cold and only German tourists can think it is warm enough to swim. He definitely would enjoy playing football with me even less! First of all, he still has nightmares about when he tried to explain the rules to me when we watched the Super Bowl here together last year... And then I am so lousy with a ball that I become dangerous.

Absolutely! Feel free to enforce this rule at any time, near any freezing cold body of water.

Yes, some pixie dust!!

From everything you write I get the impression that HH has a similar vibe to VB. We were absolutely in awe at how amazing it was there. It seemed that everyone still really cared and the guests were slowing down and not rushing from FP+ to ADR and back.

It does seem like a similar vibe. I have not been to Vero Beach, but I imagine it's the same: basically a Disney foothold in a beach resort. A place to rest by the ocean with Disney customer care.

Oh, I love this clubhouse!! I think in the summer this must be wonderful to have a nice space to get some air conditioning right there at the beach.

It was really nice! I'm sure it gets quite a bit of use during the high season.

How cute!! Since I never had the privilege of riding an American school bus either, I can only go from what I have seen of them. And I have to say that it does not look desirable to me to ride on one at all. They look very uncomfortable to me. That shuttle though looked very nice from what I saw in the picture with Drew.

The shuttle was a standard shuttle bus. And no, a school bus is not really a ride to be desired. Unless you're 3 years old. And you have to watch your brothers ride it every day. Then it looks amazing. He was so excited!

I think I'm a couple of chapters behind (and I'll catch up on them later) but I had to jump on this one since I saw myself tagged!

Well, I'm doing the TR a little out of order, so there's no reason the replies can't be that way.

Thanks for the shout-out. Hope you didn't get lost!

Not at all! The hardest part is finding the start of the path to go under the road. Your directions were a big help!

Cars maybe, but bikes -- definitely yes, and this is a big plus since you can easily ride up and down the beach, enjoying the breeze and people-watch (carefully, since you're driving).

Naturally. We'd never be irresponsible driving on a beach.

Lauren and David got some free dole whips when they honeymooned there this summer also.

Excellent! I did wear my birthday pin, so maybe that was what did the trick.

Great place for a honeymoon, by the way!

Looks like you had your pick of deck chairs! And there were no towels saving any for people who might show up later. (Doesn't hurt that it was a cool day to be at the beach, I realize.)

Off season vacations are wonderful.

Despite how much we all enjoy planning around here, it really is nice to just switch off and see where the wind blows you.

::yes:: Sometimes you just need to shut your brain off. I assume this is why we still have Transformers movies.

Run the wind Bullseye! It's fun when something unexpected like that happens. I never got a free Dole Whip, but I did get a free sundae from Friar's Nook in MK on my birthday once. I know they do that fairly often, especially for birthdays, but I still felt like "hiding my treasure" in case they came looking for me.

Yeah, it feels like you're getting away with something! I'm assuming this was a birthday treat as well. Still, they gave the whole family a break!

Wise choice. Vacation calories don't count. Snack away.

That's our motto!

HI! I came over from Ponzi's TR since he said you were the best writer! I'm pretty sure I've read some of your earlier TR's. I don't comment much, I have enough on my plate trying to win Ponzi's contest! Plus following Steppe and Alison.

:welcome: Thanks for coming over and reading along!

But really, haven't you learned by now not to trust what @pkondz says?

Hilton Head looks nice. Hope to go someday if we ever buy into DVC.

Well, we're not DVC owners, so don't let that stop you! It was a little pricy but not horrible for offseason rates. We've looked into DVC several times but it just doesn't fit our normal vacation style. We like variety.

And um, you haven't even made it to Wisconsin yet!

Yeah, the title is a bit of an inside joke. I'll explain it when we finally get to Wisconsin.

Turns out I only missed two chapters: one about driving across Nebraska :bored:, and the one which I wondered if existed -- one containing photos of a Hilton Head Grand Villa! :woohoo:

And they were both equally interesting to you, right? Right?

Hmm, I thought you had my cell number, I must have missed your text. ;)

You were the very next person on the list, I'm sure of it!

I did not know that. Awesome.

Still wasn't enough to get me to go in.

Holy carp, I didn't know they had a fireplace. It looks functional too!

It is functional! They had wood gathered outside our door, and delivered matches and a starter kit when we called the front desk. Pretty snazzy.

You've stayed in several DVC suites now, yet you remain strangely unfazed. Seriously though, sounds like your friends were suitably impressed...glad to hear that.

Well, it's that down payment and yearly maintenance fee that ends up fazing us.

My sweet spot to shoot from is the corner, behind the 3-point line. It's great from this court since it's so hard for your defender to get to you, what with the fence and all.

Hey, home court advantage means everything.

We haven't been able to pull ourselves away from Bullies BBQ when in Hilton Head, but this place sounds promising!

I should have researched your restaurants more closely. I remembered the fancy place you and Judy went for the anniversary dinner but not some of the other places. We did try the Smokehouse the next night. It was decent, but nothing special.

I think I'm with @afwdwfan on this one. Why wasn't that already on the list??

Brody had never heard of airplanes in 1975.

Maybe he had short-term memory loss.

(walks to the east) Huh...can't go that way.
(walks to the west) Huh...can't go that way.
(walks to the east) Huh...

Who are you people?

I kept checking my watch, feeling like there was something I should be doing. It was weird.

Bacon....

That's just stupid.

It doesn't sound like applause... it is applause.

Seems legit to me.

Huh? What???

I don't know; I wasn't paying attention either.

That actually surprises me a little. Balls just laying around to play with... why not free bike rentals?

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I guess basketballs are cheaper to maintain/replace than bikes.

Uh, oh. That leaves Ruby out.

Well, it's a good thing I said something!

The entire planet is not surprised.

Gotta teach my kids the value of a dollar.

Dude was probably new.

I know, right? No one would actually eat horseradish off a sharkskin paddle.

But that would've worked on anyone.

Well, that's the idea!

Huh. Not my fave type of beach.... then again, I don't care for beaches anyway.

Yeah, I prefer softer sand as well. I'm in the same boat. I like the beach, but I can usually only spend a day hanging out on the sand at most. Then I need to do something else.

Love that shot.

Thanks!

So obviously you didn't write that. Who did? Julie?

Yes. My writing is not nearly as legible. She has the whole "teacher handwriting" thing down pat.

Shame. It's so representative of the holiday season.

Well... my last holiday season.

Ew.

I've seen this rule enforced. It's not pretty.

I know. Watching an out-of-shape guy like me trying to run and jump...:scared1:

HELLO!!!!

Now I have your attention!

You're skating right on the edge there dude.

Story of my life.

burgers schmurgers.... DOLE WHIP!!!

Just checking to see if you have your priorities straight.

You take that back!!!

Wait for it...

Well... I ain't putting them down... but I won't throw 'em yet either. You have 10 seconds.

Geez. Nothing like having to work under pressure.

<puts rocks down>

Whew. Crisis averted.

Were you swatting by any chance?
May have said "Bees are on us today."
Did you hear an "Ow!!" by any chance?

Only when I accidentally smacked the CM. I made like it was an attempted high-five for the free Dole Whips. Pretty sure she understood.

I'm not crying... it's just dusty here.

I know, man. I know. Just let it all out.

Smart lad.

He has good taste.

You really should complain.

I will send them a strongly-worded message noting my disapproval! That'll learn 'em.

Snacks are an essential part of any good football game.

Agreed.::yes::

Cutest grin ever?

It's gotta be Top 5, don't you think?

No faster way to develop a new and lasting friendship than to break bacon together............. :thumbsup2

Things look dire now, but ultimately bacon will bring the world together.

1........ 2........ 3.......... 4.......... uh, hey wait a minute??? Is Liesa's little Princess friend from her V&A night making the rounds to all the Disney resorts??? :confused3

She's just as cute! She is our friends' oldest child. They have a cute little baby boy, too, but he wasn't as cooperative in posing for photos.

Nothing says Christmas like.............

Snot Boy. Exactly.

Oh okay, so that explains why all those Midwestern states are so big into football ::yes::

That's gotta be it. And after driving through those states, I can understand the urge to go tackle somebody.

I have to admit as I read along I was a little skeptical then.............BAM! :woohoo:

::yes::

Dole Whips = solid food? Okay, well I get the sentiment at least........... :laughing:

Same consistency as baby food. It counts!

Never would have suspected with all the sports related conversations we all had back in December. :scratchin As for lousy with a ball, Pat always claims if there is one anywhere in the area it is going to seek her out with less than positive consequences. I haven't seen that firsthand, but I tell her that as long as I'm in the area, she is safe.............

Hmm...sounds like there are some good stories here!

Haven't been to VB yet, but I would guess it is very similar. HHIR is a great place to relax and just enjoy life. To a certain extent, I always felt that way at AKV. Yes you are still near the parks, and yes you still have those FP+ and ADR plans, but when I'm at the resort it just feels like you are in another world and isolated from the craziness not far away. :goodvibes

I agree--having those animals outside the balcony is just mesmerizing. Totally worth the splurge to stay there.

Guess I need to get Mark my phone number also, in case he gets stuck in such a predicament again............. :rolleyes1

Ok, I'm adding you and Glenn to the "suckers" list right now!

Now that's how you do vacation.

Well, not me. But that's how most people do vacation.

And if you need a bike for the kids too... well you'd better be prepared to throw in a kidney and maybe even a lung too.

I have too many kids. Not enough body parts to account for all of them.

This seems oddly familiar. I wonder where I've seen this before? Any ideas, @Steppesister ?

No idea what you mean.:rolleyes1

::yes:: The guy who gets paid for leaning on a shovel knows it better than any of us!

Faking it works for everyone! Look, Jerry Jones just made the NFL Hall of Fame.
:rotfl2: Hey, it's just a fair representation of kids that age.

Isn't it pretty much a standard look?

If it's free, it's for me!

Just wait till you get him on a monorail headed for MK...

Oh, man. He's not going to get off. Partially due to the train breaking down while we're on it, but still. He won't mind that!

What? Are you telling me that wasn't the number 1 thing on the list already? What's wrong with you???? :faint:

Seriously. As if anything takes precedence over bacon.

Lololol!!! (And here I thought I was the only TR writer who did that. ;) )

Well, I only do it on special occasions. Very rarely. Maybe only 3 or 4 times a chapter.

#1 on the list is clean underwear. Because.... well, if you have to ask, I don't think I want to road trip with you.

It was clean when I packed it!

Isn't there a washer in the room?

::yes::

Hey!!

Well.... yeah.

See? Toldja.

It looks very pretty and so relaxing! I had read that the beach was hard packed sand (hence all the bicycle riding).

Thank goodness for the Fun Police intervening on the Christmas card picture! Snot is gross. Doesn't matter how cute the kid is ...

Well, 83% ain't too bad.

After a while, we went back up to the clubhouse to complete our main objective of the day. The snack bar, Signals, is only open seasonally. On Disney’s website, it says it is open through October, so I had originally assumed it would be closed. However, I found out when we arrived that it was still open for business. Why is this important?

Signals serves Dole Whips.

Was that a heavenly choir of angels that just announced that?

they were only serving a limited menu.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Did you feel your heart drop down into your stomach and visions of evaporating Dole Whips flash before your eyes?

A free Dole Whip Float.

Get. OUT!

but we grabbed the floats off the counter before she could change her mind.

Ah. The pilfer and run method! Good move!

I remembered our grand villa was just as big, and all of our snacks were over there.

#priorities

It looks very pretty and so relaxing! I had read that the beach was hard packed sand (hence all the bicycle riding).

It is definitely hard-packed. Nice beach house, though.

Thank goodness for the Fun Police intervening on the Christmas card picture! Snot is gross. Doesn't matter how cute the kid is ...

You guys have no sense of humor!

Well, 83% ain't too bad.

That's about the best we can ever hope to do.

Was that a heavenly choir of angels that just announced that?

Hey, you heard it too!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Did you feel your heart drop down into your stomach and visions of evaporating Dole Whips flash before your eyes?

Absolutely. That would have been devastating!

Get. OUT!

I did! But first I grabbed the Dole Whips.

Ah. The pilfer and run method! Good move!

Can't give them the chance to change their minds!

#priorities

My daughter has a sweatshirt that reads, "I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge."

Chapter 14: I Have Just Met You, And I Love You.

You’re not going to believe this, either, but we didn’t have peanut butter-and-jelly sandwiches for lunch.

We had ham & cheese. Benefits of having a fridge in the room. We hung out for a little while, eating and watching football, and then left for the Big Oak Lodge building. At 2:00 p.m., they were holding a meet-and-greet for Shadow, the mascot/watchdog of Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort. Who can resist a cute dog?

We found shadow on the porch just outside the lobby doors, in the care of his Cast Member guardian, B’lou Crabbe*.

*Possibly not his real name.

R-kh9OUdiScljx69uPX7ZKla2CoGRuGdwEljX8VXv9HXOhFKcC4zi3Ydwx3Q8V2ZVF_3n5sEiOjVDEYtVtX46FxFZs7UOiRJxuZOu8zZRWgJA3yt9xYiEFWAK3satLFsXnldd4eiZB58I8D3Ss4BJnrzjBM7Mv2K6oD-uNyjLYIzSwmnvf4-v3fNFJKgXTjW-OTate9LhrAYzcOzmhBSJb9VXD2GAZlkjsYeQJqeVI8ZGugmPbo9YeJtT627wBmYeACSM3O9YZVRemgmgyjpNGWymoRKf6wttnB4iR9GIDahytZW5ZnOmFKp4buRjD_8UtCLjb41CoSUPt2txQcBSOTjsgJUb0IWiyDvh5fs-1a8LDQHUuSM5d58ZrsKlqTXutXSN0AA6zIIKFVKIPecvMkslMkutxkP_l1dzal58dvlZUZKVBkP3M16WlUp_FvmNCOw0qlRXNwkrlFY0to2yhz5KlLYCok13vIFE3oc0HJ7x6VlL-x0d3GC2lzZ7zQ25lOPpnql_KxDLaK3rxkG3Xykb2DZ7NOfAv8CCDxQtig3k1ot-f5C3ZDGHEeapf4-kVHhY6um8A7fsbwHEWjttzmWw7L_Hp9XpkV64Ry18oDcnmSWPX8Q=w565-h847-no

Shadow has been around several years, and who knows how long in dog years, so he/she(?) was mostly content to sit and rest on the porch while the kids took turns saying hi. The real main event here was B’lou. He greeted everyone, joked with the kids, and played folk songs (or Disney tunes) on his mandolin.

pQVrVKlZiGNdmDPBeeKhw2JYCxG__MOsVOzzYCvMBo_sPM5JVBxKux85DKmdA9yT6xuFZHb_7hzqeZZwuJPckCQa7QC9EpMs0nAAIbjX_xmzaJEU5laq_7J9ypgN_0lxBFRoUEqMGQWg51Rt9UG7Bq9rUpEn3TcV5zaVcG6NyqQIO0xd7685gpZCEVCfaiXmUdqycgyzy6UahPrVPN5kiR6GmTxq8QvL29w_5BnPH1xuxfgepkGNDibrBxp13ozZlba4923mZlfJOCXYiFUaEIQuMmzM6t5iZFZvZkddEYc7fpBWtuS4-PPznLnMg7j1M_ZA08pmMpUAJUvGtZkygFFGDwqwt-WWFl_goZ_jZhWYNljDNEGtPAXpmaqO7t0I2q_XSaKa9hf7bSM4yTUI-kquAgkQZwVtEWzSgniiLi3iZnSJ3n7nxgtc9u5UGizZL33mwi6q9sm19G44BaCf5sz93ekNYTpLednH5GhxtX7kCYSZfnGAlfgFgPbSOoSK8elHlB-sD-nfdPxoKNsFrSMfb9hZuqOSMbh7odbxzNziz82AZbfOrTEx4PQS9_sE2qfee9UGi97opnWbJVLJnNzB2EuM2NVe3yo3CQ40FGFUB0oo1fPl=w565-h847-no

For a while, he had a fun little Name That Tune game going, where he would play Disney songs of yesteryear for us. I had a hard time with it—they sounded so different on the mandolin, and he had a habit of hiding the melody while making all of the harmonies sound the same. Eventually, it would become clear. He had a great time playing Kiss The Girl from the Little Mermaid, refusing to quit until the men present had followed directions and kissed their wives.

B’lou also played “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” from Song of the South, and even had a tip on where to find a bootleg VHS copy of the movie in Savannah.

He also wanted to know if anyone played the guitar, and offered to teach a little mandolin. This was a perfect opportunity for David. Dave has taken guitar lessons for a couple of years and isn’t a bad player, especially for a 7th-grader. We tried to gently coax him to take Mr. Crabbe up on the opportunity.

Unfortunately, Dave is painfully shy, and doesn’t like to be the center of attention. B’lou brought out his very best negotiating techniques, trying all sorts of different approaches to convince David that it would be fun, no one would jeer him if he messed up, or look at him funny, and the mandolin would not suddenly grow claws and attack him. We even got so far as to get him in the chair, holding the mandolin. But he didn’t play a note. He just wouldn’t do it. So, we chained him to the chair without any supper.

BBcN-q6bMadpMdyx0UMXmO2mdsvkW8-rPiV_kArs2oN1xItLA3SmxPWzjCBn1xxcY_KlVCcC_UHE62ctoQxUI0RJuerKn2gY3_sUbmZCI-W2PruOgj4hX9Q--f9z4WU0hKw-s8SXof_Y5aoZEsLq-nPUEFbrmxarqFbJNIqGC8SrqjygivD7GoJmIZ-28VRc1z_DvrmvnOavSUVYwEn5C1OzmF1Cf_3aTPTl2euArjYfjDrgPIJ5pjCgiF5MvZIm4JkVc3ZLpf5NqD9fEXSNo5twm1a_V0axTU0ifA48O7iqMvdB4LK8icni42V1riJ61q8Jk9m3K8d-ZDWDV5VZwQDMxMOVEy1ZEPfMdyMuk8snMbZpZV72-a_wcMUwTnCRGo3Sf8fHoHpm3Uaw-FTIhlKbWKgNzVBbWxuggO4FzuAO_J8gyIlfgnh6hyjDeBheZVubPaqptyoFFJjoEK59Yh9AkTh7PA5hi3K08OUgbWXW-U0MOAa7ERKkllEASYJ7PLgh815_tZI0_Mq9cVq9JkRvu1jh0uXdst1Hyud28dEEKyJHtt5-7VXCdT8H7G7fwHtQY0Tw2QfBwf75z2m3BJ1x_aMDcHFKg3s9ICs1cYV2njBwJfZ4=w565-h847-no

Ok, not really. We let him off the hook. No sense in torturing the poor kid. I do wish he’d taken the opportunity, though. It felt like an opportunity missed.

Well, at least somebody had fun.

SEfOPgv7jHqRjmKGdy6wkO62UfwIlxdWBofNAxMttMarELws9FMbv4mwvcY2Cki-bHeYKonMOeV7E_9LxYNPqlMxFweVLJodyZsGMQ8V8P7OUBFnnlLqByIACTI4L_awSXKXolboQk05ukjO6WHiHvFmI83S0J_j9ug-_LcAkx4Wm71BPWStXJvHhnOeLGYJ4IeGY9PhgaMuEhU5Uwz2GMdMALTgKRXdfQw6JhbSHvd9hkUcbd5KGlQyiWSMux1wYeEgf169SahFqKAAqLG4z0mTwCRxMSO8w854lMsdISEbJ5YHtMgvVJJfxPHsJpnFUNpPxxx9GDHzk38xUMhQW0CnBTyniQEL1h9XIG5vP6CTbD-oArStOTlq9rQa6A-cavKz7YdqbLdjKJUHjiHRHBsnYi3bHtiwjJfIk7CRHRZ0t55q3l3KG5R812TQAcxuS28Jx15cvOZYw5N5-kyGlpWsLMLAHpjT5NeadPGJoIg0vnc-DQt5x-32d0qaXmvvJuWMMPE4ZK7Mn6N8OI_k4xZJiQMIan-K1b-eiaG9PdiUMSooGp_osSHor3yNj1rwGDE141yyYewg8qRpiCG9kjkRlfx2r4bS1whAm-2Nxt7g0IxMotoU=w1130-h847-no

Moving into the lodge, we quickly fell into some highly intellectual, evenly matched battles of wits.

Poz0sEHCL0oPJitFGg5AH_EqV_A4qMbGfrqJHIcPYRolxZvrEt8pSUYuyENnL0cFn2qgfrplcNnadtpeys0gZzkqsypptzvMCQaruSXhjFj9nLtt04PhQc4CW6B9oTVcvg8nvxTCwv2v6MSPRjlbHHufifyiSshclCwEsc00mm2x4n3--oOWNDIysZkaWjgPx1n4lb1Ewp64rmOOeRm-L04r1FU5HjhRos1Cg520wuD9PLVlrzREcaZqeAHPyin5-v6oDajuVrNABShVIccih9mC_gPQXJ1f8A7wETbOi3Zs0pRNBg_ZEm1yme-jBbOxGrm-RnzUgsz40QR7Gw1rDYXfmSyS5Zl6BYSkR9AFkZFZeQFqKtW_WjJG_wlW6vGbL8dgI8NPlo3gDROoo2THxCE3YOW5K4G36P_TgWt6bX6MMtF5uXlobdGBt5xduPS-y9Fhl_lucmgyhWucaKUMetjqehLVIG_2yn5dXU0AFLnOR0JVK61vOhHz882FhIzmJ-971tKMQCGu6U-6zSqyltKhlZzSEKriMJxYUJp0b_ES1sdN8P-HVuu20hNEw2jcfm_a_6KeJp6oPPLQPGy9AusviAHSt0XokdGt6uzrzQuY7H9hXBau=w1244-h830-no

PLpeplUfGvx8DZ4A_jBbE_pqGekQ3z6HZ-8VbOisMdUmmgFjWxdtdifu9oymVxFw8OEuQCNp944umeKuHClbBWwi1z1DGE0IsUORd_jvWttzIC1Em6MU1BVircnIvjmywCdfPm10YjZ1pzEnZzmat2mT9BffVPTdMyCU5x1e5padEImBinATpCLx8OK0SVB7dFPUKBjO-sYYWwlyH5aAqo5MpykU7K1GIl5dSgfdHR2NNSU7IzzWCqwYHdF2EkiC9lkUDP4Fa30sETLEjwX43BRlC1Y3nVpm_kOaEbeYlQSrCClXhGBOHouigU-iwftOp79QyVGDe39vNyedu4QnG-noCPFNoKiYQHjGJd1pIUsbS6pCHgqTsTIcaGNfMJ3Up272SfhbLylq2_u9TBcDRpyedCKnvhN3nJ5UK6jGRJCx9GqQhuG9RATPrANL7UWcDLaFQNVEHNzmMuDM-VDdGD3zPwPVYIIvly0lUUXtlnWRCScec3nDh074kizDMn1uPXpJ5GDwj-Mwu-H6a5gdEqX91M7CR3mPJb0ky8KSzxXg2VA8kYSLJpI2gXCnRfBYySpW56XNr3i6jS6RYIPxVRM419IDM8mnmqfl3eGHeXIoRVtHL28T=w1130-h847-no

And yet another nice touch from the CM’s here.

SdCqAWqIgRyKuLLmpEQbQQm_LEIBX-HG3diKbfiKA8UzdTcJQ8QCjTfINvTMVJJGPu6RqOz0uA2YI8MEeb9i5HWdWP7xhgaf1iitx3KfnAMz9i5W9Hzm5-f8n3j1RnmdjTufKp0le2XRpOL5strQN6cAD83Q6XIhPiGty6VonlWDze19qxEef-iNBeSdlUyefLMHCusYo6bHR3-bvOJ7DdDmmxoZvDqXDzBfEOuRGTLUFeffSf41185FYkyy8UxWxIeC5PrRKmkt36G-3NZYEh0cd5kzK-qv5b44ZCK0XoQnsR26Fy8c24lEJ0rBq_67cbSBV7Mqw1FY-0maR0A9Jk9B_M52dMp5r8PvBL6RsLvKEZsxz2NqGjCjTJzYR5owLBUKnjn--IrdUMGB8bm9KeLdDZ15SAD7IRLul_dpBkRYX1-ctJLEFKwTJTM6FlVSl1NkY4d07hS3VW4IeZcDYMt7csA-L950XECmnEHnCr3kNWVNWg5tjSwT03LP9g9ZRzF_sRtrDsMgH77NyxjM8rDRPx6nkmD9nyu-2jvZRAzo-EjSLn8jIZp9cEAXZI5lAYyggU4yk8p7DEOeQifLU4mRWuys8f6Id-MvfSHfVkwq-3OvH48b=w1130-h847-no

We wandered the grounds a bit more and found a putting green, which meant the boys were suddenly occupied for hours and the girls suddenly felt a sudden urge to do…well, anything.

3k-c6hr5Aol6UA7WWbW3HgPirFecY0SqmICVN8ma8vi7DSYdLpjAWnzWreDN7FtfDEdogkgKsFLCeoJtGZPf8uHlDAR_uHIDrWa6yMWs4J-Q3e5HkYJ9n1ksg198Smuy6DdWjdvFv8iyQmY6S5blxA2zH0x_Wz37YeN48VPI_kkOUFISarTr2kUVNUQSCJkt5Z-jX1ZECU66HeGSPCrS1E1RMfkhSGJUaWYDiqnoJOMDcQf7hwsKlvzR-8K6WBddPdtYeaBB8Zyt2bNJPWGq1uxVVDyvrEp-e4sWgsgEUBXCt_Yqr67SRw7v4PUH_WIGrRCiflooq-HTm9BlqpzpFMPTAdh_0dIH9k1rdAXugsFgHabEuIXnFaFGznRZMJMMjJ7X86rZw3sxAI32hFFy2yTXRXbs9K7thsYqpzqYbPAwQXOn6WE55yaRRnGpUCUIioY009AUn1YLzvpawoTHKWQIBDv7Ct2BPP3uwGZ_6MbKbAnonf5YuB_QXVr4n0Ef53d-w6pPIM9c08q6l206nhzz-3t0tGnwNPsVdo4f2fOjDMq4Cm5r6z75VVBgal9bIvUR63F0brewYoTXdpTLfgeLR9CSzPxreuzrzwn8CW4d4-q7Qq7l=w1130-h847-no

Drew didn’t sit still for this photo because he wanted to go back to playing golf.

SSU-G-D-GCqhpiGPsyVW_u2AztrthY9D_Xx2L2nTfdxPbA-yXN2Rs9N4ryOZngTq0GvCxjuUjYaBbHGg5yawSR3of38ZtTzow-urxdiKu5xR3koYWYM2Ue4eNFFz3IA7QTokxBvsu4m_lQ1WfVEjGmFJfZHYCrCYGdsn2Xx5jWJKnN9xxOLMm_j6HiAeyztcwvn7mA1-gItd2LwTZWm-A7Rzt-aZLtGgm1UnOZcRmpr5Q3ZsTC5-fcbVHY6BdDFaQbApYxgUgQ8DhvkvK-8mcDs-MuqkXuWbfpJvZ1Lcy2a3HJug6vcSzL42TLXLNNxI4yeZQUtB78CHZ5hZZrvruRurfSmKfpDL1-ebHQq4ANd4Czdhy_BNrdw42VbhdSJnH4faejbT57Gw3xRwagpIS82i0SRmlvVrlzMIWB-5qCr9CRxdPMKL6wd5eDnW_5jd-GxfLHaPJ3kMivSY0Kbbyia5gRXLAqgQ2wxfc35ALWe6oGWkOLUrDVcyWGSVBzfDOgjMsHSPKrPQdvydD3XbfHnd--BahojH5Sm_qT4VMIy-6RNNZIwooQWFsuQusg6t8w1gVJ05AkDy6-bdIx6MuojxB65Oi-xjd2yyEUzJ2TI4TJB7oOzg=w1244-h830-no

We stopped back into the room and checked on the Eagles game. I don’t know if you know anything about football, but the Philadelphia Eagles had the absolute worst wide receivers in the game this past season. A couple of years ago, they drafted a wide receiver, Nelson Agholor, in the first round. A wide receiver’s primary job is to catch footballs. Nelson cannot catch a football. Here’s some actual game footage of Mr. Agholor in action:

Agholor-drop-gif.gif

I tuned into the game long enough to watch Mr. Agholor wipe out a long touchdown pass due to a penalty—he couldn’t line up properly. All he had to do was stand in the right place at the line of scrimmage, and he couldn’t do that. I’m not making this up. That was enough for me to know that my time would be better spent elsewhere.

So, we went out for dinner. We ended up at The Smokehouse, a local barbecue restaurant. Once again, the Rope Drop strategy worked like gangbusters and we were seated right away. We basically went with our standards: beef brisket and pulled pork. I had the brisket, and it was fine. Nothing hugely special. Julie had the pork and liked it better.

Kjb9vgouRPENNBt_LnmlAeocGVPdZjQ1zsxFZ14TYmgJcPfWdhKMDKtUdlZ3MvraYIcmxIVv2_eCxRFIgPdAopeNGgzF80LL1pW9a3TjSrsMjZ-b7uF2ckNz0L-0h1UGZtHwh9dqpQzW9ZYu-wJQG0_sSJLMcF2aX7QlS7dv0-85XFWUFQ3dvfLX4pOa2hsFsepb1DB52jlhPJQmS_t68--k_lUC2V-KIksLdaeEHIGMHsp86YjHZY-3avMFZ1-COLE194XUkjnyVRVImjAyomQGH85_B_lJbiJZa4Z1SU10ZtgK9FYbvHnmCkVi_ClmGw9QE18oXvtUna0sdOIlMFyT-JAf6pkMXFw3USAnKX2jOzwMmRRtLPF4clI5DI1sVLq-J2w01D9_STCQj7r-HpuhUHqYh9a8UpNV1pP_43znfCmG1-wZSebjWRSJg-cgzrEkCFBslaQcnr3YKd7nMx0QjVp_qcYGM1rfOK2ow6dIJ5dkbx_PoICG664N5sRDqn9jD92bNNOc6jFnB5FDPauSntwAh1HBgbGl04gVIrKhrEKh13INme601SPgWQqyhGVFQL270CuunaQd3-1ksoCgfW6Pb1d6UjI-gInOAkOJleZ5teqy=w1130-h847-no

By that time, it was dark. We hustled back to the resort to get to the main pool area in time for the campfire sing-a-long that evening. There’s a firepit down by the pier where the CM’s set a fire and lead kids in goofy summer camp songs. They encourage lots of movements and audience participation. As you can see, my kids hated it and begged to leave.

C5ouNLtYABZbaDDDo82FFAcj3WyoP37vAMJfoO31r7R85g43_nDwxh0PgOqW1-2IS_GS-OMJ2pNdlNoMzLhyOP-UWjOPdEPhBxyxKTjtndBoBzT2X6lseRWWmWAwkcH7prGDphiHmGd98ZCqAS3A3BxLPS9NXGuPfyznylQuP45rIpuo0vdP53IyDv3zDvnfbEXwbTAI6DJk_c6nawsbyNis1M-jE3OGQTI8ksxLdcrDGCGk1YXEUb8fUEB-9hXY8uEQo7nYU80UKiDNZm7yHOXsCK_0L4hgVgY53etP1KvnKhpidX3OuRujCzfqRLLovmbhWnkTNJGISWhuQa0oDv0yNTG6RAI1zjYcFQ_bay0iC2ON3QNzuNYQ0bm1RksrIIxAFhEL0C67zk3i0h7wZM6Kunf2OXaiIMnter0ltbZZiISAW-5SHMtQ3hxN65uWYQ-CnD-laGi1_J817ZhRq5KVsYP4BSDRXPHzV6z0aO8mwwbJNxR9zIximcqqzYVvELVTAt5pSjaN_DayOPCn2XdJyv5vMlII5Z1Jm7NbqiVqaOcJeEA__5jK2l0daY56uwsptslHeygEPWPwF4w-svlnfeVVZAKKGVOhMb4BQUvPf4swbpAC=w1244-h830-no

Meanwhile, I took the camera and roamed a bit. Here’s the gift shop, posted for reference so you know where you’ll be taking out a second mortgage once your kids start begging for souvenirs.

u3gRtzVwoxm65r2n8paudrsmgTi_BJqiIGBCQEfEBzvShxF-f3G3_NyAJYoas7mTH1eId-4-WGfI76KziTpJX6razF7q23XCof5bFCe0KnRRihBuFiAaUDLGhpNkAi1BhTNigHW3vXSNJQxpEMRnENG2RYfwX5oDtKA5jRKxudEdYDJ0tDxgRJ__XJw53BY4iP9w021jbmeC37QScqrUobNbWteym3BtL_0y8VDJjs9-tpwvpPNtHGp9GmGATNR0JGSo9BcCyvsjNcD52ricI2NqnKVWSmzlE7d_9nOSPGNucv3qScgQ2WoMVxH_jbKBpGZ3Hb0yexnX2JI1DQMTd4o4W3_xT5kBYg3HSJFKSIDPVvb-hiGB-DhMLLFN-7YElW6J9M489XeeoL3Rem8o5_9PddNMdb6BaPRYXyFpxCshqxEVkGZoQX9XVjpPhdUHT3gPwBKBnsrJNQheneroZm3seeFDWMIBOouUxjMQpixvMrxE0YMCRbSUPk4heXF5JPnZON6X2DDuZhzUonhOJwXq_9WNVK-ZH5ia0z4B_H_eFnKW0uX5pnTrUpp7kXB0Z_kfFDh7736b8LUL3B4n4LIfSZoE0nYPhT1UP2jCUlycHUTijwJG=w1244-h830-no

The deck outside the gift shop provided a nice vantage point to watch everyone at the sing-a-long below.

a77zBvvDHNBrLk1cJwS6kwqLzaGOaS6DMXbjzxdM2Eml778fZI9vC8wGk_65tnP-7OY1boRaOItPYT9bofehNGum4z85_PadDZqy9n6sM-e-Dj_ltKuiFSSBoSaK52RxBROUoa4pAekcNHSvaU65-0hpeavetIsAnGZvuqCJE84xe3MhJxs3ff0f-xl-jpnJzUpdNHqvBPfh-swJSAyMcBZbDNMl4OouYE_RlgdtG0itHp1z83V_iscVNaqkYvVBRle7PKcwuOKt_tYRalKNIRQAPoDl384M-AtsaInrEl64bmuwX6F93jrrju3CWDKA4jDW0sGvbJmKXWv7LJ2rb_cE02W9Bby4BippvDglOfqh_GnComkC6bXbaWwS11CC0JWHxFIVbHlBuVZz-pgCW8Ht36LnquwPI7NrnjR3EaychGEjE59N09rkKd3QYgdmcgJPE6cDl51UhaOfN4u6LlYfF4I54X-aHMMTFnW4whZE3nXYmUwlxflcKjwwls0tXpoHzk7KrA_4CcYoktMrk1eD1F8wKm3EfievBNb8FTrPbS4ix0eoupX-vhzg1-FlUoKHaCmF9GR5e0Fj-JSiuwHy1lk31wc1o_C38IqmedzJHY78Uau0=w1244-h830-no

This was a song about sharks, so everyone here is making a shark fin. That song was a particular favorite.

3c6rSnoYLuPyDelVclFV9pC5TDTiUnW7bK12gyjcIQoHO_wif-yuKuRYRrNJGnqJ0BZBvpk4D7elLS2DuCse0nKxUVDK43kp63IbGV-lZVBoc5N1QOafLpWj7RUNL0n8_pArN9mn4_RiHH7oyEJsCNFKC_SQPY5i3icy5eDQkSmo2JYfW51-2QdpAZAL9HtSncG0hrZRF304YApzWCbfiwmeAzkeylG5gZ1Dh8HFA-LbLt-U4XcWx-gh4uIfI9hbxGuSk5SDhOSPOCQj0eSPOqyXpOFBdP0nLtmasFoZpODdcZEtKsBxN4wipYriebSXCQcvdDYHdD-sc0aV-zcmKlo_ISMRJM51m-d_OSNELqPYfSQ7FCTgOjsyCGa9BzwjDLyk1G7FxVuZt27RW7dbljkVyUBTuOqIGiJd2YrrcxVXpeqaqXtpfShPNy3Tvbge1YtM6tH3edrijCpMuGwC0LCCNkjgBUSpsqyYeKy5GA1QFGWU_Y6Y0ylkvYdrBMx4a7uF4txMCmqYolTP8FfoU9VUcL7WDCgpyYaHU-J1Yy32dGXsJUSZiuDme2RBVNa8x049IqbNMRikJ4x7lgYnVEQFw0VG8Olsmv8vK9Aa4hMSzX8DVxj-=w1244-h830-no

All in all, a very relaxing, enjoyable do-nothing day at the resort.

qdGsZPIlh-i5XR6_-gFAdPE9rPvSzufqsfOeKfoHpqXOnpV-bQpcLODFA4lX8IOEVIap7H9YxyvR7wdk_cJPFPfBEHL2baz4pOgWnt-FziPEK2Io4rIDMnyfutkf4Euj4kCytXShE76jPvRP6m0Z9YqOXf_AICUxrrZxxm-ql-4Kq81vaYSzXT3UiOh_v70Il3dE7gyrAcmI6ZLz5QYDZs6in0hyjPnKYubfVW_zAuNpoVLKN26M7fMemMebJWXic9-L8QW3oEtPiUscLOoGRn9TINJvjFRFa9DNgEzYhG0cX-vfjCyq1DO4FV4rzjc-6NKtbglixZh1cr0R2opB-KQrJHBaf6vIaPhASGuU0hdXTny-GG-wH7LGJ1Tejhvn9UqF4_4gmK8fG6ehJ8l6fbzs0G84jUVHolt4lQh3aa6BJcXJOxexgotXIwb-hZ3hxAV9jK34lc3t7O-KjHZH40gW-KoZkRWfhX03fPrbo6Ivj7M1udd2wIRozmM9bCiIK1bspUy7kpXmvgLMgvh1hNKLRKxrN8NzWf2okjYxdhbzkBD4wjvtf4AbS8SGBrkPhibFpPqBxqXT_9_KHPLV49sCeq9htcF_qFm8x-VjJUHErVUr9zlS=w1244-h830-no

Coming Up Next: Another day of nothing. If I keep this up, you might wish I would get back to talking about Nebraska.

The barbecue place looks good. Love some pulled pork. We go to the Cuyahoga County Fair Grounds every Memorial Day weekend for their rib cook-off. I always get pulled from the same place because I love their sweet barbecue sauce. It's called Sergeant Oinks.

The older I get the more doing nothing sounds appealing. Like "Do I really want to go to Vegas and/or WDW? So much walking!"

Catching up here and everywhere!!!!

I love the side stops you are making on your road trip.

I am loving the pictures of HHI- I need to make time to get over there. Not so far for me but just need to use the points.
Very nice to have the diversion while driving through Nebraska. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!