A funny thing happened on the way to the Smokies.

Wow. That probably hit one of the only ways it could without doing much damage. Missed the spare. I would guiess that the spare would have been pushed into the back wall of the trailer. And the bumper hit so it didn't get into the corner.

As we say at work, It's better to be lucky than good.

j

As we say at work, It's better to be lucky than good

That's true, but on the other side, my sewer hose kept graduating to that side, so, guess what, that morning is the only time that I put sewer hose in on that side, yep, you guessed it, broke the connector! Luckily, I had another with me. lol

I've been towing things for a very long time and never had an incident... until today.
Man that's a bummer about the trailer. We were in the Smokies earlier that week. Hard to tell from the picture, but does the damage go the full length of the trailer? :eek:
Keep us updated on the repairs.

does the damage go the full length of the trailer? :eek:
Keep us updated on the repairs.
Thankfully the damage only goes back to the wheels. I think if she had hit the axles it would have been much worse.

I was going to say the same thing about Alcoa Hwy. Wrecks daily. I'm curious how you avoided Chapman Hwy completely.
Sorry Govols- I didn't see your reply until now.

The GPS routed me down I-140 to Alcoa Hwy to John Sevier Hwy. I did have to take Chapman Hwy (441) from John Sevier Hwy down to Pigeon Forge, but the GPS thought it was better than staying on I-40 to 66. According to the GPS it should have saved 35 minutes.

My good friend lives on Topside Rd about a mile or two from where the wreck happened. I'm pretty familiar with the area and didn't think anything of it.

The same friend is the one complaining about 30 mph on Chapman Hwy. Hard telling knowing Larry and the way he drives, but the traffic is terrible despite being a 4 lane.

Oh well. Lesson learned, I guess. Although this could have happened anywhere with a lot of traffic. I'm glad everyone was fine and I could still use the camper.

I'm heading up to Hannibal, Mo and the Mark Twain things for Labor Day weekend. I'll probably try to get something close in mid-September if the weather cooperates. Then up to Indiana Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan the first weekend in October. The state park is about 90 minutes from the factory where I'll drop it off on Sunday to get everything fixed.

j

Three weeks ago I spent the weekend camping at Indian Dunes SP and then dropped the trailer off at the factory. Last week I talked to them and they said it would be done this week. So, I just finished driving 6 hours back up to northern Indiana. I pick it up in the morning. Pretty excited. Afterwards, we are driving down to Auburn, IN to tour the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg museum and see some friends that live outside Ft Wayne. I'll post some pics after I pick it up.

j

Here it is. Looks great. They even fixed the vent hood fan and kitchen faucet.

Now, to enjoy the cool windy weekend with friends.

20161021_131325-1280x720.jpg

j

Three weeks ago I spent the weekend camping at Indian Dunes SP and then dropped the trailer off at the factory. Last week I talked to them and they said it would be done this week. So, I just finished driving 6 hours back up to northern Indiana. I pick it up in the morning. Pretty excited. Afterwards, we are driving down to Auburn, IN to tour the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg museum and see some friends that live outside Ft Wayne. I'll post some pics after I pick it up.

j

Love that museum, and Ft Wayne is old stomping grounds as I grew up in Warsaw, IN.

I'm glad you are back on the road, Jim. Enjoy your weekend! Bama Ed

Good looking repair there Jim. Glad to hear it is back on the road again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter