A Foodie's Honeymoon - Better Late than Never DR - Hollywood Brown Derby 10/23

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by sushi candy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

A taxi is definitely the easiest way to go, and you're right - it's not too far from POFQ to the Epcot resort area. :thumbsup2

That could work, as long as you have a park hopper ticket (since using the International Gateway exit requires entering Epcot, and Cape May is planned for a DHS day).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your belated honeymoon! Disney is guilty of immersing their guests in such a magical experience that they suck you into the insanity of wanting to go time and time again! Hard to believe I was once innocent and knew nothing about Kona's macadamia pineapple pancakes or tarts for the french bakery! (You notice I only mentioned the food.. but yes, there is so much more magic and wonder than just the food!)

Your dining line up looks very much like mine - you have so many EXCELLENT choices! I can't wait to see what you thought of them.

Enjoy your trip and I'm glad you found the Disboards! :woohoo:

4. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Unfortunately, I don't have the park hopper option. :(

It is looking more likely that I will be taking the taxi then. :goodvibes

Hi Brenda! Glad to see you here. I loved looking through your Disneyland pics.
    I am hoping to keep the ratio of vacation to food pics at 50/50. XD

5. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS! And I'm in for your DR!

I hope I'm not being too nosy, but is there a specific reason you have chosen age 9 to bring DD to WDW? It seems a very specific age to be planning so far ahead. Just curious!

6. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Thanks! I am so excited to see you here!

9 is the age before we have to start paying for her as an adult. I believe 10 is considered to be an adult on the DDP. :)

7. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

[​IMG]

Cheshire Cat: Almost everyone is mad here. Ha... ha ha ha ha ha! You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself

My favorite Disney character has always been Alice. My rating system will be centered around this wonderful theme.

Here goes!

[​IMG]

​Queen of Hearts: Off with her head!

What could be more appropriate to express displeasure than the indomitable Queen of Hearts?

[​IMG]

Tweedle Dum: If you think we're waxworks, you ought to pay, you know.
    ​Tweedle Dee: Contrariwise, if you think we're alive you ought to speak to us.
    Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee: That's logic.

I always found Tweedledee and Tweedledum's default expressions to perfectly express the sentiment of "Meh."

[​IMG]

​Mad Hatter: Clean cup, clean cup! Move down!

[​IMG]

​White Rabbit Quote: I’m late! I’m late! For a very important date!

Last of all, the perfect rating!

[​IMG]

Alice: ​It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change.

This means I have gone and experienced Foodie Heaven!

8. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

I think plans are finally going to stick. Just to be safe, I will make DH print out the documents two days before departure. ;) I have started packing and making a ton of lists. Two 32GB SD cards will be ordered soon.

9. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Of course! I forgot about the Disney adult at age 10 thing!

Love your rating system!! We are big fans of Alice as well! DS was in a middle school version of the musical. Tons of fun.

10. mommys3

mommys3 Disney Or Bust

Yay for a disneymoon :cheer2: Can't wait to hear your reviews...looks like you have chosen fantastic restaurants to dine at...we'll be eating at a few of those for our trip next month :cloud9: I am a foodie as well and am looking forward to your thoughts and pictures!

11. silverhaze269

silverhaze269 DIS Veteran

Your DR sound like fun, I'm in! :thumbsup2

Love the rating system, as I'm a big fan of Alice in Wonderland too. Seeing all your planned ADR's are making me hungry, :laughing:

Also, congrats on the late, but worth the wait, honeymoon! :cheer2:

12. DonaldDoleWhip

Great rating system! The pics for 1/5 and 2/5 made me laugh - hopefully we'll be seeing more of the White Rabbit and Alice! :goodvibes

13. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Thanks! Must be editing for DS! What part is he playing?

Thanks so much! I need to make sure my tummy is ready. :)

Thanks! I am so thankful I can go. This is also the first big trip my DH and I are going on since getting married.

Thanks, DDW! I too am hoping for at least Mad Hatters, White Rabbits, and Alice. In preparation, I saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi (the documentary) last night. I am hoping California Grill or Tokyo Dining serves up excellent sushi.

14. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Just added the Captain's Grille for lunch when we are at Hollywood Studios. A nice walk or boatride from DHS.

I think I am finally done? ;)

15. nanienamou

nanienamou Mouseketeer

Can't wait for your reviews! We celebrated our Disneymoon last year at Disney. We had been almost 14 years together, married 4 years and have 3 boys together. Talk about taking a belated honeymoon! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great trip. I see that you are in Ontario. We live just beside Ottawa, on the Quebec side. :)

16. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

I second that suggestion! I'm not a big fan of the Dole Whip made with only pineapple (shocking, I know :lmao:) but this combination is lovely, with just enough sweetness to take the edge off the tart pineapple.

Congrats on your belated honeymoon! You and DH will be staying in our favourite resort, and it looks like we'll be there at the same time too! Your dining plans look awesome, you have some wonderful restaurants lined up, can't wait to read all about it! :thumbsup2

17. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

I hadn't noticed that! We're in Ontario too, north of Toronto, near Newmarket. Hi neighbours! :wave2:

18. Tink-erin-belle

Tink-erin-belle DIS Veteran

I'm in, Rosey! I hope you have a wonderful belated honeymoon :goodvibes I like your ADRs and your rating system is so cute!

19. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Hi! I am so glad to see you here. I bet your disneymoon was magical and it was even more belated than mine. :rotfl2:

I live on the north shore of Lake Erie. It's quiet and all country. I love it.

Hi Carol! So happy to see you here! I used to live in Scarborough before I got married and moved down here. I do like it better here. I also am planning on getting the swirl. I find pure pineapple juice tends to leave my mouth dry.

Hi Erin! Great to see you here!

20. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Your trip is what, 7 weeks away?? I congratulate you if you are done making changes!!!! :rotfl: I will be interested to see your Captain's Grill review since I've only been there for breakfast. I've heard good things about that place.

Love your rating system!!! Particularly the "meh" with Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum! :p

21. DonaldDoleWhip

I think Captain's Grille is a very good choice for lunch. It's more quiet and relaxing than other Disney restaurants, and the food is solid.

The burger with crabmeat was really good. And if the lobster sliders are anything like the New England-style lobster roll they used to serve, that would also be a tasty choice. :thumbsup2