A Floridian in Alaska--June 3rd-10th, 2013 (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by OrcaPotter, Jun 12, 2013.

1. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. zweihund

zweihund I tagged myself. I'm it.

Awesome whale pics - I am so jealous of your little playful humpback calf!

We had seen orcas back in 2011 (those suckers are hard to catch on film, they were hunting) but we did not see any this year...we did however get to see a few "lunge feeds" where the whale hoists its whole mouth out of the water, which was AWESOME. And we got to see a pectoral fin. Nothing like that little whale though, how cool!

Being so close to them was amazing. I was so jealous of the people who work on those boats every day and get to see this all the time! Whale boat captain may have to be my retirement gig. :thumbsup2

4. diznefan76

diznefan76 Mouseketeer

Loved reading your TR! I sailed to Alaska last year and loved it! Such a beautiful cruise! Can't wait to read about the rest your trip!

5. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

Great whale sightings.

6. OrcaPotter

OrcaPotter Lucky to be local to the Mouse

I used my Nikon Coolpix S8200. It's an amazing point n' shoot.

I booked back in early March and at the time, I got the first time slot for the day. Right before we left home, Capt. Chris called me and asked if I wouldn't mind bumping it back because of a conflict with another tour.

Yup! :sad: Most schools in Florida are out by the last week of May and we're back in session by mid-August. Students are in session 180 days a year.

7. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

Thanks for the effort to finish up the report :thumbsup2 I really appreciate

8. luvmy2kids

luvmy2kids Mouseketeer

Fellow Central Floridian here... My children started school on the 12th. Hmmm must be Seminole Co. Anyway, we are to set sail June 2, 2014. Thank you for taking the time to recount your Wonderful vacation.... No pun intended. I will check back here and re-visit just in case I forget things before we set sail"""":rotfl2:

9. kimjenn

kimjenn Earning My Ears

"Dan" was our beverage server at dinner each night. He was an absolute blast! He did really great magic tricks for the kids, he interacted with the adults each night and we were soooo sad to leave the ship. He and Balwan, our server, we awesome. My kids loved meal time!

10. OrcaPotter

Greetings--

I would like to apologize for my long absence and lack of updates. August is a rough month between getting school started and then my annual pilgrimage to Atlanta for Dragon*con. What I didn't count on was getting horribly sick while in Atlanta, too. I had been feeling run down leading up to the trip, which I chalked up to the stress of the new school year. I've been stuck in bed for the past week. I know the last Alaska sailings are in full swing, but I do intend to finish this report for posterity and to help folks plan for 2014. I hope to be back into sorts very soon and back into my usual routine, so look for an update sometime this month!

11. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

No worries! Get better soon!

Jill in CO

12. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet <font color=CC66CC>What makes you think the Tag Fa

Just letting you know that when are able and up to it, you still have fans here following along. Thanks for all you have posted so far, it has been a "most excellent" report. :goodvibes

13. twindaddy

twindaddy DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report, but WONDERing, how will it end? Did you make it off the ship safe? Did the talking bear puppet take over the ship, and you had to be rescued like Captain Phillips?

14. chris31997

Get better. :flower3:

Hope you were able to enjoy your trip to Atlanta.

15. Sonja99

Sonja99 Love to travel!

Great report and beautiful pictures! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

16. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet <font color=CC66CC>What makes you think the Tag Fa

Orca, hope you are back to good health and in the classroom. :goodvibes

17. OrcaPotter

SO SO SO so so so sorry to everyone about my falling off the face of the earth.

Just to let you know, when that happens, you land amongst 134 pre-teens who are obsessed with violence and can't remember to write down their names. And then family medical emergencies.

The good news is: I'm caught up with my endorsement classes. The overwhelming stress of having a full time job and 2 graduate level courses to do all at once is now slightly less.

I will finish this report. I promise! I can't promise when. But it will happen. IT WILL HAPPEN! --shakes fist--

18. Grumpy's Wife

Grumpy's Wife Dollar Tree gal here

I've always wanted to visit Alaska and I'm loving your trip report. One day I hope to get there.

19. ukintheus

ukintheus DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing the rest. :thumbsup2 Hope that your world has become a calmer place recently. :flower3:

20. chris31997

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

134 preteens: would be very scarey and a very good reason to go back to relive your cruise ;)

Glad the classes are caught up and the family emergancies worked out.

I look forward till when you can get it done, as long as it is before May:rolleyes1:;)

21. donaldjessie

donaldjessie Earning My Ears

Minnie is adorable!!! I really like her coat!!!So cute!!!!Thanks for your pictures!