A few random questions for March 2014 trip...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Soupermom, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Soupermom

Soupermom DIS Veteran

I am planning a trip for next March; we haven't been to WDW in 5 years so it is time to go!:cool1: We've been in March before and love it (Easter will be in mid-April next year...so even better!) Since it's been a while, I have a few questions as I begin my planning process. Any help would be appreciated.

Is is customary for WDW to offer specials/discounts in March now? If so, are they usually the same offer, and what would that be?

Also, my daughter is now (and will be next March) a student at the University of Tampa; is that enough for her to qualify as a Florida resident?

One final question, I have some old non-expire passes with assorted numbers of days remaining. Some are in rough condition...can I get those replaced before going? How do I found out how many days are left one each ticket--I know some have more than others.

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Marionnette

Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

I wish that I could say that we can be sure that Disney will offer some kind of discount next March but the truth is, there is no way to know. We're still sitting on pins and needles waiting for summer 2013 discounts to be announced!

Being a student at a university in FL does not confer full-time residency on someone. Your daughter would have to establish full-time residency and then provide proof of it in order to purchase and use FL resident tickets. You can find info. about it here:
    http://allears.net/pl/florid1.htm

Your old passes are still good but if they cannot be read by the scanners, you will need to have them converted to newer tickets at a guest services location. You can't have that done from home. The only way to find out how many days remain on each pass is to take them to Disney. Sorry.

4. dminnie

dminnie DIS Veteran

We went in 2012 and 2013 during the 3rd week of March. We booked at the beginning of January both times. That was when they came out with an offer. Last year it was just a room discount. This year it was 20 or 25% off a moderate, with a discount on tickets as well.

5. jperrot1

jperrot1 Fantasmic

6. Soupermom

Soupermom DIS Veteran

OP here. Thanks everyone. I am familiar with Mousesavers and will be sure to start checking out my monthly emails once again.

Do I have to go into the parks to have my tickets converted, or can I do that somewhere else on property?