A few photos taken snorkeling at Serenity Bay

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by perdidobay, May 1, 2006.

1. perdidobay

perdidobay <font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon

These were taken with a cheap Fuji underwater camera I got at Walmart for $8.
    All but one were taken at Castaway Cay while snorkeling at the Adult beach on 4/25/06.
    The moon was new, causing the water to be VERY shallow a long way out.... the shipwreck is pretty far out, but I was in waist high water there, and I am 5'2". We saw tons of live and dead sand dollars and lots of starfish of varing sizes. Barry (or Betty) barracuda was hanging around too, in fact he came in very shallow to check all of us humans out. A server walking down the beach pointed out to us the schools of barracuda babies...... tiny fingerlings that are so light and clear it was really hard to see them, but once you knew what to look for they were every where! we had a wonderful day.

The last one of the manatee, was shot while we were eating at the buffet at BBB while still in port on Sunday. :sunny:

look closely for the light fish...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

Great pictures - thanks for sharing!

4. curlybop

curlybop DIS Veteran

How neat! Great photos. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

5. angela barklow

angela barklow Earning My Ears

Great pictures!!!!!!!!! I can't wait either until our sept. cruise This will be our first cruise ever with our 3 DD and I always told my husband that I wanted to go somewhere, where I could see my feet through the water? Of course him being a smart as-, he told me to stand in the bath tub!! Of course I didn't find it funny. Thanks again

6. FLmomof2

FLmomof2 Keep Moving Forward

Those picture are so awesome! The water is so clear and the manatee is Great! Can't wait till we go in February although I probably won't be going in the ocean water since I have a fear of it, well not really a fear of the water but everything living in it! It looks amazing in the pictures though! :goodvibes

7. YesGrumpy

YesGrumpy Earning My Ears

Fantastic Pictures! Did you do any snorkeling anywhere else? How many cameras should I bring? Can you bring any sand dollars home? Is this prohibited?

8. mommykeg

mommykeg DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!

9. perdidobay

perdidobay <font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon

Yesgrumpy,
    Castaway cay was the only place we snorkeled.... as for cameras, I could have taken hundreds of photos, but I just used one 24 exposure camera. I had the film developed on the ship.
    Please don't take any shells or sand dollars, etc. It is prohibited...plus, if everyone did we would have had nothing to look at!
    *Take only photos...leave only footprints* is my motto :sunny:

10. dreamcometrue

dreamcometrue <font color=blue>Laughed on her wedding night<br><

amazing pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't get over how clear the water is!!

11. BuzzBoyMom

BuzzBoyMom <font color=navy>My boys are my world!<br><font co

Those pictures are great.

12. HooKooDooKu

HooKooDooKu <font color=orange>Only thing that beats a trip to

Of all the snorkeling excursions we've done, my favorite has always been snorkeling in Serinity Bay. I too use the disposable water cameras and so far, this is the only image I've gotten around to scanning (I'm only including a link because I havn't reduced the size of the image to something more appropriate for imbedding within a post):

Shark @ 9 o'clock snorkelling in Serinity Bay

13. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

WONDERFUL pictures, thanks for sharing!!! :sunny:

14. michelle9343

michelle9343 DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing them. :sunny: