A few last minute questions - ME & Ohana

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by KittyKat1978, Sep 21, 2012.

1. KittyKat1978

KittyKat1978 DIS Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    My flight leaves at noon so I am guessing my ME pickup would be around 9am (flying to LA). I usually fly out in the evening (5-6pm) so I am not sure what time I should be at the airline check in desk? Would 7:30am be enough time to check in,go eat breakfast and then be waiting for the ME by 8:50am or should I go at 7am?

Also I have a ressie at Ohana at 5:05pm next Saturday. Is the 20 min before enough or should I be there at 4:30?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

Oct 8, 2007
    It looks like you are staying at AoA? I'd guess that it depends where you go for breakfast. If its at the resort, you'll be fine. Also, 20 minutes for Ohana is fine for dinner.
  4. HairyChest

HairyChest Mouseketeer

Aug 21, 2012
    If you miss your scheduled ME, can you just go on the next ME bus or do you have to find your own transportation?

Going to the airport 3 hours early seems alittle too much time that i could spend in the pool
  5. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

Feb 17, 2002
    Generally you can't just get on the next bus. You'll have no way of knowing when the next one would come and how full it will be. If you miss your scheduled ME you need to arrange your own transportation.
  6. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Jun 28, 2011
    As someone else mentioned, if you miss your scheduled ME time, then you have to find your own transportation to the airport. You may be pushing it on the times. They typically pick you up a few hours before your scheduled flight. For example, this last time our flight left at 5:00 pm, the ME picked us up at 1:15 pm. Also keep in mind it's partly because the ME you are on may stop at another resort before heading to the airport, our ME headed to GF after it picked us up and then it's a good 30 minute drive to MCO without any traffic jams. The day before your departure at your resort you will receive info about airline check in at your resort and paying for your bags, etc.

Arriving 20 minutes prior to your ADR is plenty of time. Just make sure that if you're not staying at the Poly that you allow enough time to get from wherever you are to the Poly.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
  7. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

Feb 26, 2008
    As long as you are just planning to eat breakfast at the CS location at your resort, you should be fine heading to the check-in desk at 7:30. Most times, I only find one or two families in front of me. Once when I was staying at CSR, there was a huge group of what were either cheerleaders or dance team members in front of me. They were all checking luggage and it was taking forever. After about a 1/2 hour of waiting and barely moving in line, a CM came down the line and started grabbing some of us who were stuck behind this group to check us in.

And 20 minutes ahead of time for Ohana should be fine as well. When I was there in 2010, we had a 5:00 ADR and we showed up 20 minutes ahead to find a huge line. It took us more than 20 minutes to get to the podium because most of the line was people trying to get in without ADRs. When we went this year, we barely made it in time for our ADR because there were issues with the monorail from Epcot. But when we got there, I found they had a completely separate line for people wanting walkup spots. We were able to check in immediately and got seated within a few minutes.
  8. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Jul 6, 2004
    There may not be a next ME bus for a while. They only pick up at the resort when they need to, they don't come every hour or half hour. Also, when the next bus comes it may be booked solid so they wouldn't have room for you.

Three hours may seem like a lot of time, but it really isn't. You may stop at other resorts before heading to the airport. You may hit bad traffic, that happens a lot around Orlando. The bus then makes 2 stops at the airport, and your airline may use the second stop. Also security lines at MCO can be horrendous.

Also, you need to be at the ME bus stop read to go no less than 15 minutes before the time given to you. That time is the time the bus depart from your resort, not when it will arrive. They do come early and if you are not there and ready to board they will leave you behind.
  9. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

Oct 26, 2000
    depends upon how you are getting there.

where are you going to be - at the MK - if you take the monorail it will get you closer to the restaurant. the ferry is more reliable. although then you would need to walk from ttc to polyn. would time wise give the monorail 20 minutes to get to the Polyn. if you are taking the ferry would give it 30 minutes - you will have to walk at least 5 minutes when you get to ttc