A Family of Four First Timers, Four Full Days in Feb. >>ETA Photos!<<

Uh oh, sounds like a little less magic ahead? :confused: Wow, what an awesome day! So much :wizard: !! Just loved it, great installment :thumbsup2

Love this report!! your comment about seeing the castle was soooo great! I've been several times, but the castle and fireworks never ceases to make me tear up!!!

Will you all indulge me a little bit? I have to brag a little more on the wonderful luck we had at CRT.

Our table was right up against those beautiful, tall, arched windows. I had to take a picture of the back of the castle from the outside so I could figure out where we were when we ate inside.
Disney122.jpg

Disney096.jpg

Also, I want to comment on the CM's who play the princesses. They're so much more than just pretty faces.

Disney107.jpg

Disney110.jpg

Disney111.jpg

Disney105.jpg

What a tough job. They never break out of character. They're so sweet and I'm thinking it must be hard for them to refrain from laughing at nerdy adults like me who get a little giddy around them. I mean, they expect it from the kids. How can they keep a straight face when anyone over age 12 is impressed by them? I hope they realize it's the good job they're doing (as well as the attention to detail in their hair, make-up, and amazing costumes) that makes the illusion so real and causes even adults to get a little starstruck around them. I would be sick of that job after 32 minutes. What special people. I hope they're well paid. They must make so many peoples' vacations truly special.

That is all. It's not really off-topic. But it didn't fully occur to me until after I wrote up the whole last chapter and I wasn't sure where to insert it where it wouldn't stop the flow of the day's action.

Katie

DD taking in the magic:
Disney114.jpg

Subscribing!! Great TR so far. We are also a family of four (ds8 and dd6) and our trip in November will be the first trip for the kids (my husband and I went 11 years ago). So I'm looking forward to your family's experience, since our kids are close in age.

Kim - Thank you! She looks just like her daddy. He's a fine looking man, but very masculine. You'd never think you could put that mug on a baby girl's face and have it all come out looking alright, but somehow she's okay. :confused: (Just wait til later in the trip though when she has some undiagnosed facial-cranial swelling...) :eek:

mumom95 - Nothing was as much fun as giving this to my kids. I know we'll go again, no matter what I have to do to scrape up the funds, just so I can se them smile Disney smiles again. I felt so good watching them have this great of a time.

Katie

It sounds like you really made the best of some stressful situations and it all came out okay (naturally...it's WDW and the right frame of mind!)

Your pictures are great! And you're daughter is a cutie!

MTMommy: Don't you feel a little bad for the fairy godmother? It seems to me that in the eyes of all those little girls, she just can't compete with all that princess glamour!

sharkb8: Thank you! She's sick on the couch right now. Still hasn't bounced back from some little bug she apparently had during all trip. (More on that later...)

Katie

I do feel for the Fairy Godmother. Fortunately, my DD (age 5) was very interactive with her b/c she was convinced she could grant any of her wishes! It was very cute!

We love spotting the Jacks on the ride and DH and I debate whether they’re animatronic or actors. (Newbie here is still not sure – I think only the Jack at the end in the rocker is animatronic. DH thought none of them were actors. Little help?)

actually they are all animitronics!!! how is that for disney magic..when i first went i swore up and down that the presidents in the "hall of presidents" were real, untill Abe Lincoln's head mechanism broke down and he starting bobbing uncontrollably!

Great report..very cute kiddo! :)

Wow!

I was getting a little stressed for you with the BBB experience, but what a blessing that it all worked out! Your daughter looked beautiful.

I'm enjoying your report. It's lots of fun to read about Disney World from the "keys" of someone who is a first timer.

Keep it coming! I'm looking forward to the rest!

NM

We are doing CRT on our trip. I thought about taking DD to BBB first but I had not really considered all the traveling involved there.

I am glad you guys made it in time!

Photo Chick -

I would not advise anyone against doing BBB and then CRT. As a matter of fact, it was as great princess theme day for her to be primped as a princess and then go hang with some.

I would advise to try and put a little more time between BBB and CRT than I did. And, of course, don't waste time before your BBB appointment looking for it in the wrong park. I had BBB at 10:30 and CRT at 12:10. I think a 10:00 BBB and a 12:30 CRT would be perfect! (Obviously some similar span of time between the appointments would work just as well.)

Katie

Loving your trip report. I am taking my princess in July and cant wait to have her special princess day. I just have a question for you, you made reference to PP FP, what is this, I am assuming it is a fast pass, but what is the PP?

Pixeldust Fairy -

I apologize for the OAR (Obscure Abbrevitional Reference). PP = Peter Pan.

Katie

Love your TP. We are taking our DS-8 and DD-5 this May for there first trip, your report is making me soooo excited.:banana:

NicoleMarie -

Her problem is she knows she's cute. There are so many times that her actions make me look at her face and search for the cuteness. Where'd it go? I remember thinking it was there, but I just can't see it when she's being a brat!

Proudmommy -

IMHO, these are the absolute perfect ages for a first trip. They are old enough to retain it in their memories, but they are still young enough to be completely wow'ed by it. You better write up a TR!

Katie

Okay - I have one postscript to my last day before I compose my next entry. I can't believe I forgot this!

When we were in the Splash Mountain line, there were a couple of boys in line with us who looked to be about 16 or so. They both had on black t-shirts. One had shaggy hair (I don't think you're allowed to be a teenage boy without shaggy hair these days) and the other one was pierced. I figured them to be in the park just for the wilder rides.

I was telling DD that I didn't think we would have to time for everything I wanted to do. I told her if we didn't make it onto It's a Small World, it would be okay. Of course she was fine with this because she has no clue what anything is.

The shaggy boy overheard me and he said, "You can't come to Disney World and skip and It's a Small World! It's obligatory!"

The dear, sweet boy was Disney fanatic after all! See - this proves that stereotyping is a crapshoot at best.

I felt kind of embarrassed that I had suggested it out loud. So I smiled and said, "You're right - we might have to do whatever it takes to squeeze it in." And in my heart I knew he was right. Even if DH and DS didn't get on it with us, DD and I should try to make it.

And if you read my last entry you know already that we did! I just loved that that teenage boy found it necessary to pipe up about my plans.

More later! Thanks again to all who are reading.

Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter