A Dream is a wish your heart makes...#3 and still better than before!

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
This past weekend, 4/29-5/2, we took our third cruise on the Disney Dream. We took our very first cruise ever with DCL this past September and are already on number 3...it's safe to say we're addicted.

While there has been absolutely nothing wrong with our first 2 cruises, this cruise was even better than the first 2 (which is hard to believe because those were amazing)! We truly had an "excellent" cruise!

I hope you all enjoy this trip report and please don't hesitate to contact me if I can answer any questions for you.

Dinner rotation: RAE
Server: Darmika
Assistant Server: Viviana
Head Server: Dumitru
Room Host: Santosh

Day 1 - Embarkation
Day 2 - Nassau
Day 3 - Castaway Cay
Day 4 - Sadness aka Debarkation

Last edited:
Day 1 - Embarkation
Lunch: Cabanas/Dinner: Royal Palace

This has got to be one of the smoothest embarkations we've had. We arrived at the port around 12:30. There was no line at all for dropping off bags. We like preferred parking so we pulled on through the gate, they checked our passports, and then I pulled my bags out of the car. Plenty of parking was available in preferred (I actually had the spot closest to the terminal).

No line upstairs for security at all. We brought on 12, 20oz Coke Zero's and 2 bottles of sparkling apple cider. No issues at all, went right through.

There was a short line for first time cruisers (only through the first isle) and no line for Castaway Club members. We walked through, they handed us our health questionnaire, we finished it real quick and had our key to the world cards within less than 5 minutes of walking in the door.

It was open boarding already so we walked right on the ship, again no line. (They didn't have as many people clapping for you this time. Wasn't a problem, just a little disappointing.) We went up to Senses to adjust the time for our pedicures we had scheduled since it won't let you schedule a "couples" pedicure we had to go up there and have them adjust it so we were booked together. We were still a little early for the rooms to be ready so we hung out on deck 9 waiting for them to open the hallway. They opened it up promptly at 1:30 on the dot.

We were in room 9602, a deluxe family ocean view with veranda. We like category 04A mainly for the little bit of extra space and the round shower with the rainfall shower head. My wife had ordered me the nautical character decorations and it was super cute. It includes 5 hanging items, a beach towel, window cling of Captain Mickey, and a magnet. The room was just fine and I liked the location as it was about right in the middle of the aft and midship elevators.
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg

I did a recording of our room if anyone wants to watch the tour:

After dropping off our carryon items we headed up to Cabanas for lunch. Plenty of seating available (at around 2:00PM) and the food was fresh and tasty as always.

After lunch we headed back down to our room and our luggage was already there. We just hung out for a bit lounging around until it was time for the muster drill. I did record the muster drill as I know a lot of people always ask what it's like. I will get that posted as soon as I get a moment to edit the video.

We headed straight up to deck 11 for the sailing away party after the muster drill. The elevators are totally packed so either plan on waiting or just hoof it up the stairs (like we did this time). After the muster drill the Captain actually came on the intercom and was telling us all about what time we would leave, etc. which was the first time we've had that.
IMG_1767.jpg

The Sailing Away party was good. We actually had practiced the dance moves to "Shut up and dance with me" that they do before the characters come out so the cruise staff member in front of us was shocked when we did the moves with him lol. It seemed like a pretty light crowd on this cruise. Not many people "participating" in the sail away party. As a matter of fact the cruise staff member asked us to conga because no one wanted to lol.

We were on the RAE dinner rotation (which we had requested). Our table was a 6 top. About 6:00 no one was sitting there besides us. Our assistant server told us that we had one other couple that was supposed to be sitting with us. Our server went ahead and took our order and started dinner service for us. Finally about 6:20 the other couple showed up. Our server was fantastic. He was one of those that wanted to make sure you were completely satisfied. If there was something you didn't eat all of he offered to get you something else if you didn't like that (even one time my wife didn't eat all of something and the assistant server took her plate but the server came out and made sure everything was ok). We both had the steak and it was hot and fresh. For desert we both absolutely love the soufflé and the Crème brûlée so we asked to have 2 soufflé's each and one creme brûlée to share between us and he got it for us and it was no problem at all.

After dinner we headed to the Golden Mickey's. I must say, the entertainment staff on this cruise was one of the best. They had a ton of energy and were top notch (not that the others have been bad, they just seemed incredible). The sound was also very good. Before I've had a little trouble hearing the vocals but this time was fantastic.

Our room host was awesome at towel animals. We had ordered a sparkling apple cider for our room and the ice had melted before dinner so he had also re-iced it down for us.

IMG_1785.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 - Nassau

There's really nothing for us in Nassau so we used our Nassau day as a ship day. We got up at 6:30A and enjoyed sitting out on our veranda for a bit. Cabanas opened at 7:30A so we headed up there for breakfast just as soon as they had opened. It was only about 1/4 full at this time of the morning so we had no wait for anything. We ate outside on the back deck. The weather was beautiful.
IMG_1792.jpg

We had pedicures scheduled for 8:00A in Senses so after breakfast we headed over. We were taken right back and our pedicures began. We hadn't docked yet so we got to enjoy our pedicures while still at sea and while docking so that was wonderful. We did let them talk us into buying several of the products.

While at Senses we also signed up for their body composition analysis. My wife and I have been working on losing weight, I've lost 75lbs and she's lost 60. We did the body composition analys they offer and the personal trainer, Brojan, spent nearly 2 hours with us (was only supposed to be 45 minutes). He was extremely knowledgeable and wanted to help make sure we could reach our goals. This is something I would've never done on land but was the most valuable 2 hours I've spent.

We were back and forth to Senses several times over the trip and the gym portion was always virtually empty. My guess is not many people want to work out while cruising so if you do, you most likely won't have any trouble getting in (I don't know about the summer). The gym equipment was all very nice and it was all setup very nicely. The entire staff was super friendly so if you haven't given them a try I would highly recommend taking a look at all of their available services. Also, I would suggest signing up for things on board as they were constantly offering different specials (again, most likely not the case during the summer).

We also payed "Goofy" golf for this first time on this cruise. It was fun. It's a nice little 9 hole course. It's in need of a little bit of repair on some of the grass but overall it was still in very good shape.
IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1790.jpg

That afternoon we did the "Art of the Theme Show" tour which is actually a ship tour of the restaurants and bars. It was quite interesting to learn some additional details we didn't previously know. Not something you'd need/want to do every time but it was definitely interesting.

After that we went up to Vanellope's Sweets and Treats and had some gelato. I had the cupcake gelato in a waffle cone. The gelato had a great flavor and you could tell the waffle cone was fresh. I will definitely be visiting again!
IMG_1796.jpg

Dinner that night was in Animators Palette. I thought the show was going to be different on Pirate Night but it wasn't (maybe that was on the longer cruises). Again, the food was hot and fresh. I don't have a "favorite" desert in Animators so I asked if I could possibly have the soufflé from Royal Palace again, within 5 minutes there it was sitting on my table. Again, our sever was absolutely amazing (our table mates were 25 minutes late again).

TIP: The Aquaduck was TOTALLY empty between dinner and the show. This night was pirate night so it was the Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean show. We literally walked straight onto the Aquaduck with 0 wait. We could've turned around and rode it over and over and over again if we had wanted to. This will be our new go to time for riding!

I originally hadn't planned to go to Villains Tonight because it's not my favorite but the entertainment team was so good the night before we went ahead and saw it again. I had brought in one of my Coke Zero's and a bag of banana crips. We were sitting on the very front row on the right hand side where Pain & Panic come out before the show starts. I offered pain a snack and he literally took the bag from me, opened it, and started eating lol. It was funny. I always enjoy when there's personal interaction.

We previously had't done any of the "adult" activities in the club area but decided we would try it this time. We went to Evolution for the ice breaker which was a game of "Never have I ever" followed by match your mate, and finally a game of majority rules. The club host, Anthony, was funny and witty and while this was something we aren't very comfortable with since we don't drink and we're introverts, we really enjoyed it and would do it again.

Last edited:
Day 3 - Castaway Cay

It took a little bit of time to dock at Castaway. The wind wasn't strong but the thrusters had to stay on for quite a bit. I felt them the most in this room that I had on this cruise. It wasn't bothersome but we did shake for about 15 - 20 minutes.

The weather was absolutely wonderful. It was about 82 degrees. The sun was in and out but the water and temperature were great.

We got up and headed to Cabanas for breakfast at 8:30. Had breakfast out on the deck again since the weather was so great. We had booked the jet ski excursion for 10:00A so we got off at 9:20 and headed on over to check-in.

I can't say enough about how great the jet ski excursion was. I haven't had that much fun in I don't know how long. Meko and Tino (sp?) were our tour guides. We had 5 jet ski's in our group. My wife and I rode together on a double ski. I along with one other gentlemen were probably the most experienced with jet skiing. I started out second in the pack but one of the guides ended up flagging me to go around so I could follow. Once we got in the more protected areas we really opened up. I had the throttle maxed out several times. Since it was only myself and one other ski close to the front they had us do several loops that others didn't get to do. We made a couple of stops along the way to let folks catch up but we also went around to the other side of the island and got to see another beach. They let us get off and walk around a bit and also told us details about any sea life we found. On the way back to the ship we caught some major air coming across some of the waves. I did a video of it but haven't had time to upload it yet. I will just as soon as I can. If you haven't done this excursion yet, I HIGHY recommend it.

We got over to Serenity Bay at 11:30 right when lunch started. They were doing lunch a little bit differently. In previous trips they had all the meats in trays that you got yourself. On this trip, they actually were handing it all to you fresh off the grill. Maybe it's because we were there right when they opened but we got fresh hamburgers, hot dogs, and steaks. All were hot, fresh, and tasted better than in previous trips.

We got on the beach at 12:30 and there were plenty of chairs left at the end of the beach. We did luck up and get to try out a hammock towards the end of the day. We stayed out there till almost 4. Got to see some cool starfish in the water. I did some underwater video as well that I hope to post later.

Dinner that night was at Enchanted Garden. I'm really not a fan of this menu so I just ordered the basic sirloin steak. It was good and I still got it with the sides that the ribeye normally comes with.

After dinner we got the Captains autograph and then saw Believe. The team was awesome for all 3 shows.

Our stateroom host had staged our room when we got back. He had made 2 swans out of a towel, had rose petals on the bed, the jazz music channel on the TV, and the lights down low. It was so thoughtful. None of our stateroom hosts have been bad but he just went above and beyond.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Day 4 - Sadness aka Debarkation

Overall, this cruise was "Excellent". We enjoyed every single moment of this cruise. While we didn't run around meeting characters this cruise, we still had an awesome time. It was a different experience all together. None of our 3 cruises have been the same but each experience has been so memorable. Moments that we will never forget.

Debarkation was smooth and easy. We got off the ship at 7:45, walked right off, flew through customs and were on the road.

(I still tear up every time we walked down the ramp.)

This cruise didn't feel like it was packed at all. I thought the crowd level and the time of year for this cruise was one of the best.

Last edited:
Delighted you had such a wonderful cruise. We will embark this Friday for our 27th Disney cruise and still get excited about it!

One question: I noticed you mentioned when you pulled through the gate they checked your passports there. At that point we've always just
had to show our ID before pulling up to the porters and into the terminal parking. Has this changed now?

One question: I noticed you mentioned when you pulled through the gate they checked your passports there. At that point we've always just
had to show our ID before pulling up to the porters and into the terminal parking. Has this changed now?

This was only the preferred parking. When you come up to Port Caneveral at the Disney terminal there is a guy directing traffic. You can either go left in front of the terminal where all the porters are or you can go straight through towards the ship through another gate. A security guard there asks for the drivers license of the driver then you are directed to a cast member standing under an umbrella that scans your passport (everyone else has this done as they walk through the gate by the other porters). Once they scan it you then drive around the front of the building and stop on the left side of the building wheare there is another set of porters. After that you can either pay extra to park in preferred or you can pull out and go over to the garage. If you go over to the garage you would have to walk back over through the walk in gate again and have your passport scanned once more.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!!!
It is very addictive, we have done 10 cruises since 2012!
Numbers 13 & 14 booked for next spring.

Congratulations on the weight loss, something to be very proud of!!

Lovey trip report. Thank you for sharing your trip. After 4 times on the Wonder we will finally be on the dream. You have given us more to look forward to. Congratulations on on your weight loss.:dogdance:

Did it seem to go by super fast?

During the cruise, no but at the end you're definitely sad it's over. So far all we have done are 3 nights. We have a 4 night coming up this September.

This one we were very "non-Disney" meaning we didn't run around meeting characters and such. We did another 3 night in January which I also wrote about if you want to kinda contrast between them: http://www.disboards.com/threads/surprise-birthday-cruise-jan-16.3481609/

Were the door magnets included with the decorations package you ordered? I notice you have name magnets and a birthday cake. My daughter's 14th birthday will be the first day of our cruise so that would be pretty cool. TIA

Were the door magnets included with the decorations package you ordered? I notice you have name magnets and a birthday cake. My daughter's 14th birthday will be the first day of our cruise so that would be pretty cool. TIA

The birthday cake one is included with the birthday package. One of my previous trip reports has all the pictures of the birthday items. The others are ones we made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter