A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World Updated 3/27!

DSC_6189-L.jpg

DSC_6191-L.jpg

I love this park at night. The fountains and the different buildings are just so beautiful all lit up!

I totally agree!!!

The colors in these two pictures are just stunning!

Love the beautiful pictures of the Luna park pool. Especially the panoramic photo. It does look like a fun, pretty pool.

Once again, blown away by that beautiful view from your room!

Thanks for your review on Test Track. We haven't been on TT since 2010- WOW- so we can't wait to check out the ride in July. I don't think we have ever been on at night!!! Must try that.

Cute birthday picture and really cute idea!

Gorgeous photos!!!
I was looking forward to checking out the new Test Track with the boys in July, but it doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews on the boards. :confused3 Hopefully they will still enjoy it.
When there with the boys, we are staying at POP for 5 days and then transferring over to YC for the last 2 nights of our stay. DS really wanted his cousin to have the opportunity to enjoy SAB. Tried for BC, but AP discounts were gone. So :banana: trying another new resort.
But I have to say that your photo of the Clown Pool really makes it look like fun. My kids have both always thought it was creepy! :laughing: They didn't want to be "spit out" of a clown's mouth.

I can't comment on the new Test Track because it was still being closed down when I went last year but thanks for the update! It does look Tron-like and more futurist now. Does it still take on the same "course" in the old one? With testing indoors then the loop outside or did they change everything?

Also I love the pictures of the Luna pool! It is more colorful and fun looking than Stormalong Bay but that clown is CREEEEPYYY!:scared1:

The "course" of Test Track is the same. Though the "tests" they run on the car is different. The loop outside didn't change a bit. :thumbsup2

I loved Luna Park Pool, it was so much fun! And the clown wasn't all that creepy in person.

Loving your TR and Franklin's photos!! Gorgeous engagement photos, as well!!!

Thank you!

Loving your trip report! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much, we love creating them!

OMG that pool looks sooooo wonderful. I wish I could afford to stay deluxe.. Maybe one of these days! :))

Love your pictures too, just beautiful. Especially the ones of Epcot!

Look into renting points! We rented for our AKV stay (before we bought our first DVC contract) and it cost less than half of what a stay at AKL would have cost WITH an AP discount. It makes deluxe resorts MUCH more accessible.

I totally agree!!!

The colors in these two pictures are just stunning!

Love the beautiful pictures of the Luna park pool. Especially the panoramic photo. It does look like a fun, pretty pool.

Once again, blown away by that beautiful view from your room!

Thanks for your review on Test Track. We haven't been on TT since 2010- WOW- so we can't wait to check out the ride in July. I don't think we have ever been on at night!!! Must try that.

Cute birthday picture and really cute idea!

Here's the thing about Epcot. None of the attractions are really my faves, but Epcot is (by far) my favorite park. I could spend the day just wandering around. I love the sights, the sounds, the fountains, just everything!

The views in the Epcot resort area are great because it doesn't matter which side of the lake you're on, you're looking at a beautiful resort!

Yes, your boys would LOVE Test Track at night, make it a must-do by Missy (instead of Stacy).

Gorgeous photos!!!
I was looking forward to checking out the new Test Track with the boys in July, but it doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews on the boards. :confused3 Hopefully they will still enjoy it.
When there with the boys, we are staying at POP for 5 days and then transferring over to YC for the last 2 nights of our stay. DS really wanted his cousin to have the opportunity to enjoy SAB. Tried for BC, but AP discounts were gone. So :banana: trying another new resort.
But I have to say that your photo of the Clown Pool really makes it look like fun. My kids have both always thought it was creepy! :laughing: They didn't want to be "spit out" of a clown's mouth.

Can't wait to hear what you think of Yacht Club, that's where we're staying for our honeymoon!

Love this TR! Your pictures are gorgeous!! :hyper:

Thanks! :goodvibes

That pool area is absolutely awesome! I love the bright colours! :love:
Glad your annoying hot tub companions didn't stay too long. Gotta love those high level supervision moments. :rolleyes:
Oh I love Epcot at night too! New Test Track looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it, I'm so glad the outside part hasn't changed, that's what worried me!

Where are you going to find a better photographer for your wedding? Maybe Franklin should use the timer and take your own pictures :D)

I may be fairly new to DIS but this is my favorite TR to date! I love the photos, and the writing. I love reading a TR and thinking I want to be friends with these people, they are awesome!

I can't wait to read more. Now to go find your other TR :)

That pool area is absolutely awesome! I love the bright colours! :love:
Glad your annoying hot tub companions didn't stay too long. Gotta love those high level supervision moments. :rolleyes:
Oh I love Epcot at night too! New Test Track looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it, I'm so glad the outside part hasn't changed, that's what worried me!

I love the BW pool, it's so perfectly themed to the resort and visually looks stunning! :love:

The outside is exactly the same, except for a new camera placement! :thumbsup2

Where are you going to find a better photographer for your wedding? Maybe Franklin should use the timer and take your own pictures :D)

Franklin was in charge of vetting the photographers the planners recommended. He studied their portfolios and when we met with the finalists, he had a whole list of questions he wanted them to answer (I was so proud!). He loves the photographers we chose and while he will feel a bit naked without his camera that day, I think he'll survive. :goodvibes

I may be fairly new to DIS but this is my favorite TR to date! I love the photos, and the writing. I love reading a TR and thinking I want to be friends with these people, they are awesome!

I can't wait to read more. Now to go find your other TR :)
Thank you!!! That is so kind. I love working on these (I better like it, I'm writing three TRs at once! :rotfl:).

The links to my current crop of TRs (and the completed ones) are in my signature below!

We last left off with a quick spin through Future World and a first ride on the redesigned Test Track. We had a dinner reservation in the World Showcase, so we started moving in that direction.

Off Kilter was performing in Canada, they’re so much fun to watch!

DSC_6216-L.jpg

There was a private event being set up, can we get glowing tables for our wedding?

DSC_6219-L.jpg

The theming in France is some of my favorite in all of Disney, such detail!

DSC_6220-L.jpg

We couldn’t stop because we were heading East to Japan.

DSC_6223-L.jpg

We were going to try Tokyo Dining for the first time! Franklin loves him some sushi, so I’m shocked it took us so long to try this restaurant. It also happens to be located at one of Franklin’s favorite spots to shoot Illuminations. Franklin set up his camera equipment on the balcony, while I went to check into the restaurant. I thought we could watch the fireworks and then order. But apparently, since Disney doesn’t own the restaurant and the rules are a bit different. Our order had to be in before the fireworks started, but they could hold our food until after they were done. They seated us at a perfect window table and I held the menu up to the window and Franklin made his sushi selections. Our order got in just before the lights turned down for the show. And now, Illuminations.

DSC_6225-L.jpg

DSC_6228-L.jpg

DSC_6229-L.jpg

DSC_6234-L.jpg

DSC_6238-L.jpg

DSC_6239-L.jpg

DSC_6240-L.jpg

In case you couldn’t tell, that’s a long exposure of the globe, spinning out to the center of the lake.

DSC_6242-L.jpg

DSC_6243-L.jpg

DSC_6245-L.jpg

DSC_6246-L.jpg

DSC_6247-L.jpg

DSC_6248-L.jpg

DSC_6249-L.jpg

DSC_6250-L.jpg

DSC_6255-L.jpg

DSC_6257-L.jpg

What a show, right?

As the masses exited the World Showcase, we sat down to eat. Franklin had the Sushi Deluxe Matsu, which includes 2 tuna, 2 salmon, 2 shrimp, 2 spicy roll, yellowtail, egg, eel with 4 pieces of Rainbow Roll.

DSC_6258-L.jpg

I had the chicken teriyaki.

DSC_6259-L.jpg

Everything was absolutely delicious and Tokyo Dining has shot directly onto our favorites list. We literally closed the restaurant down, we were the last customers to leave.

DSC_6261-L.jpg

One of the best parts of the late dinner was coming out to an empty World Showcase. Franklin loves the chance to take pictures in an empty park, so we leisurely made our way to the International Gateway.

DSC_6265-L.jpg

DSC_6268-L.jpg

DSC_6269-L.jpg

DSC_6270-L.jpg

DSC_6272-L.jpg

We were soon back at the Boardwalk, which was lit up and gorgeous.

DSC_6276-L.jpg

DSC_6283-L.jpg

DSC_6286-L.jpg

DSC_6289-L.jpg

DSC_6291-L.jpg

DSC_6293-L.jpg

DSC_6297-L.jpg

DSC_6301-L.jpg

The pool at Boardwalk is especially amazing all lit up, as well.

DSC_6306-L.jpg

DSC_6308-L.jpg

And yes, the clown eyes are fairly creepy all lit up. But other than the weird clown face, it was a perfect end to another wonderful Disney day. That lovely walk from Epcot home only reinforced my love for my home resorts of BWV and BLT. There is nothing better than being able to return to your resorts at your own pace, using nothing but your own two feet. I went to bed that evening as a very happy DVC owner.

That’s where we will leave off for now, but there’s lots more fun coming up next!

I know that I say this every time, but those photos are STUNNING! You have one talented man on your hands. Of all of the TRs with great photos I've read, your photos have to be the best. Seriously, Disney should hire Franklin to do the photos for their website. :worship:

I had no idea that Tokyo dining isn't owned by Disney! The sushi looked so pretty, but I probably would have ordered the chicken too. I haven't gotten brave enough for sushi just yet!

GORGEOUS photos! I really say that every update (on every TR!) but it's so true!!

I giggled a little at the mental image of you holding up the menu for Franklin to order through the window! Now THAT is a picture he should have taken!! :lmao:

How cool to be able to wander through an empty park on your way out for the night. :thumbsup2

those photos are absolutely breathtaking! Well done!

and the sushi looks wonderful too - I haven't tried Tokyo Dining yet and it isn't on the list for our upcoming trip .... but it needs to go on the short list!

Amazing pictures as usual!

You covered two things on my list for my next trip: Off Kilter (I've never seen them!!!) and Illuminations. I've only seen Illuminations once, and it wasn't a very good view, so I think I'm going to stake out a great spot and watch wait for it to start this trip. I hope!

Nice updates! Franklin, wonderful photos, as always! :)

Tokyo dining sounds yummy, that is quite the adventurous sushi plate! I love the Mickey head made out of rice for the chicken teriyaki dish - Disney details are the best!

I've just finished typing it on your other report, but ill never get sick of franklins photos of fireworks! Glad your dinner and the show worked out so well. I love closing down Epcot, but I have a feeling I would love it even more if I could walk back to that amazing, beautiful boardwalk!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know that I say this every time, but those photos are STUNNING! You have one talented man on your hands. Of all of the TRs with great photos I've read, your photos have to be the best. Seriously, Disney should hire Franklin to do the photos for their website. :worship:

I had no idea that Tokyo dining isn't owned by Disney! The sushi looked so pretty, but I probably would have ordered the chicken too. I haven't gotten brave enough for sushi just yet!

Thank you! Franklin is extraordinarily talented. It sometimes takes me a while to finish writing chapters for my TRs because I fall down the rabbit hole of looking through all the photos and just enjoying them instead of writing.

Of all the foods in the world that I don't eat, the one thing I wish I ate and liked is sushi. So I've been attempting to learn to like it by stealing a piece or two from Franklin each time he orders it.

But that chicken teriyaki was DELICIOUS! The sauce was amazing, perfectly sweet.

GORGEOUS photos! I really say that every update (on every TR!) but it's so true!!

I giggled a little at the mental image of you holding up the menu for Franklin to order through the window! Now THAT is a picture he should have taken!! :lmao:

How cool to be able to wander through an empty park on your way out for the night. :thumbsup2

Franklin looking at the menu through the window was really funny, I wish we had taken a picture, but his camera was already set for Illuminations. And you don't want to mess with his setup. ;)

One of the things I love most about the Epcot resort area is hanging out in the WS after Illuminations. It empties out so quickly and you're left with all these gorgeous buildings all lit up. Then you make your way back out to the resort area and all those buildings look just as exquisite. It's such a peaceful and enjoyable way to end a Disney day.

those photos are absolutely breathtaking! Well done!

and the sushi looks wonderful too - I haven't tried Tokyo Dining yet and it isn't on the list for our upcoming trip .... but it needs to go on the short list!

You should definitely try Tokyo Dining. We actually went back in May and it was just as good as the first time. :goodvibes

Amazing pictures as usual!

You covered two things on my list for my next trip: Off Kilter (I've never seen them!!!) and Illuminations. I've only seen Illuminations once, and it wasn't a very good view, so I think I'm going to stake out a great spot and watch wait for it to start this trip. I hope!

We've watched it from a couple of different places: the balcony in Japan (twice), between the two stores where World Showcase and Future World meet and down by the fence at Japan. All were really good spots. I *think* Franklin likes the balcony because it let's him frame the scene a bit better for the photos. I like being closer to the lake, but that's just me.

Nice updates! Franklin, wonderful photos, as always! :)

Tokyo dining sounds yummy, that is quite the adventurous sushi plate! I love the Mickey head made out of rice for the chicken teriyaki dish - Disney details are the best!

I loved the Mickey head rice too! The boys would love Tokyo Dining (great kids menu) and there's also Teppan Edo next door!

I've just finished typing it on your other report, but ill never get sick of franklins photos of fireworks! Glad your dinner and the show worked out so well. I love closing down Epcot, but I have a feeling I would love it even more if I could walk back to that amazing, beautiful boardwalk!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I never get sick of them either Wendy! Actually, my desktop wallpaper at work is one of Franklin's fireworks photos. :thumbsup2

Of all the foods in the world that I don't eat, the one thing I wish I ate and liked is sushi.

I am so with you in this. I gave up trying to like sushi years ago, but the photos of the Disney sushi made me think twice about that decision.

I totally agree with this!
Awesome update. My DD saw the shots of the pool and was oogling them wondering what pool that was. She then saw the glowing creepy clown eyes and remembered why she didn't ever choose that resort as a place she wanted to stay. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter