A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

At that point in the evening, I wanted to head back to the front of the Castle to find a spot for Holiday Wishes. There was absolutely no way I was missing that and we hadn’t yet seen the Castle all lit up. Circling through Tomorrowland and coming back out towards the Hub, we all paused, breathless in awe at the absolutely beautiful site of the Castle. We paused for Photopass pictures and continued on to pick a spot to relax and wait.

2010_1129Misc0289.jpg

2010_1129Misc0291.jpg

2010_1129Misc0295.jpg

2010_1129Misc0296.jpg

2010_1129Misc0301.jpg

2010_1129Misc0303.jpg

We were really happy with our spot and had a fabulous view for Holiday Wishes – enjoy!! (The first one is a video and the rest are photos.)

2010_1129Misc0319.jpg

2010_1129Misc0327.jpg

2010_1129Misc0328.jpg

2010_1129Misc0329.jpg

2010_1129Misc0331.jpg

2010_1129Misc0333.jpg

We loved it and one or two of us shed a tear!

The next thing we wanted to see was the Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime parade so we headed over to Liberty Square to snag a spot. We’d just found a nice spot where we could sit on benches when I realized I’d gotten a text from Danica (ZeroToHero) to come see her at Space Mountain for a DIS meet. :banana: She was working that night at the ride and we hadn’t made it to anything other than the Speedway. George was going to hold our parade spots and I quickly asked who wanted to come with me. Silly question of course, they all wanted to come, so off we ran back to Tomorrowland. I couldn’t wait to meet – Danica was the first person to ever post to my first PTR :goodvibes – and I really wanted to see what changes had been made to Space Mountain. We were going to be really rushed to get back in time for the parade but there was no way I was going to be there at the same time she was and not say hi!

The lines were almost nonexistent and the new games were really fun. :thumbsup2

2010_1129Misc0337.jpg

(The where were we sneak peak picture!)

2010_1129Misc0338.jpg

We followed Danica’s directions to make sure we went to the right side and waved our arms foolishly once we got within her sightline. We quickly made our way through the lines but it was really close to the parade start time so I texted George to let him know I didn’t think we were going to make it back for the start. :guilty: Now our turn to ride, we hopped on our spaceships and bumped up to Danica to check our seatbelts!

2010_1129Misc0341.jpg

My first DIS meet and it was a total of 19.5 seconds! :lmao: Long enough for quick hellos and to give her a trading pin that she’d admired in my PTR, a quick tug on our seatbelts and we were off!

2010_1129Misc0342.jpg

2010_1129Misc0343.jpg

2010_1129Misc0344.jpg

We had a blast! I’d heard mixed reviews about the changes that were made but we absolutely loved it. It was fast and loud and intense! The CM at the end asked us if we wanted to go again (thanks Danica!!!) but we had to boot it back to George so we declined with rushed thank you’s and tried to run as quickly and safely as possible back to Liberty Square.

With minutes to go, I really think we would have actually made it back on time…..

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST......

GREAT UPDATE!!! Don't you love CMs that get you the hook-up for popular rides?! I think when we were in WDW we ended up riding Test Track 5 or 6 times thanks to my bro..I guess he owed us anyways given the events in Oct! A friend of mine cross-trained at SM so I got to do the same thing as you would have been able to do! Gotta love the magic!

Oh no... I hope everyone gets back on the same page & you are able to enjoy the rest of the party!

Love all the character pictures! :thumbsup2

Edited: Oops... Only read the first post... continuing on to the second...

OK - Now I'm caught up... GREAT pictures!!! What kind of camera do you have? The castle looked absolutely gorgeous & thanks for the video!!

Fun DIS meet... but I hope you made it back for the parade!!

.....had I not taken the wrong route back and went to Frontierland instead of Liberty Square. :sad: We reached the parade route just after it started and had virtually no view whatsoever. :sad2: We tried to give Ariana and Demetri the best of what we could find, but it was no use. We couldn’t see. Kathryn was up on a wall a little bit so I handed her the camera to see if she could get at least a few shots.

2010_1129Misc0345.jpg

2010_1129Misc0346.jpg

2010_1129Misc0347.jpg

2010_1129Misc0348.jpg

2010_1129Misc0349.jpg

2010_1129Misc0350.jpg

2010_1129Misc0351.jpg

2010_1129Misc0354.jpg

2010_1129Misc0363.jpg

2010_1129Misc0364.jpg

When it was over she marveled at how I could get clear photos when most of hers were all blurry. I was pretty upset we’d missed it but I knew George had Alex’s video camera and in his great spot would have gotten it all. We made the most of it though and after the parade was done we walked along behind the rope pretending we were in it ourselves waving at everyone as we made our way towards George. :wave:

Catching up to him, everyone was ready to call it a night. I wanted to do two more things before leaving: have hot chocolate and sugar cookies and catch the last “Celebrate the Season” Show on the Castle Forecourt Stage. There’d been so many things we didn’t get to see or do and I didn’t want to end the night just yet. So off we headed to Columbia Harbour House which was open only for the hot chocolate and cookies….

2010_1129Misc0366.jpg

had a lovely Christmas carol serenade by the nearby CMs….

2010_1129Misc0367.jpg

.... and made our way back towards the front of the Castle passing these guys on the way! Darnnit! Another thing we missed!

2010_1129Misc0368.jpg

The show was wonderful and I filled up the rest of the available space on my camera with pictures before ending the night and heading out. Enjoy!

2010_1129Misc0369.jpg

2010_1129Misc0370.jpg

2010_1129Misc0371.jpg

2010_1129Misc0372.jpg

2010_1129Misc0373.jpg

2010_1129Misc0374.jpg

2010_1129Misc0375.jpg

2010_1129Misc0376.jpg

I really, really, REALLY wish we’d gone to two Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties. There were just too many things to do to fit them all into one. We missed a lot but we had a lot of fun and we accomplished our number one goal of meeting the Dwarfs.

Next up – A special Mama and Demetri lunch, and what a difference a single finger can make!

Hope you continue along…. for now, here’s a sneak peak at my next update. This as you may recognize is a…….

2010_1129Misc0422.jpg

See you then!

Great Update! I just adored your video and the firework pictures!! WOW you got some great shots!!!!

YAY for a DIS meet, those are so much fun LOL!!!

Loved the kids interaction with the princesses and princes!! I have never met Prince Phillip before but I so want too...I wonder if they will be with their princesses in January LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

You're on a roll tonight...

I can't believe you missed the parade!!! :sad1:

Seems like there's so much to do during the party!! We went to MNSSHP in 2007 and barely scratched the surface but it seems like there is even more going on at MVMCP!

Can I guess your mystery picture? :confused3

GREAT UPDATE!!! Don't you love CMs that get you the hook-up for popular rides?! I think when we were in WDW we ended up riding Test Track 5 or 6 times thanks to my bro..I guess he owed us anyways given the events in Oct! A friend of mine cross-trained at SM so I got to do the same thing as you would have been able to do! Gotta love the magic!

I was looking for your brother later in the trip but I never saw him. :sad2: It's funny though, I was wondering to myself how I'd explain who I was if I did find him! :laughing:

Oh no... I hope everyone gets back on the same page & you are able to enjoy the rest of the party!

Love all the character pictures! :thumbsup2

Edited: Oops... Only read the first post... continuing on to the second...

OK - Now I'm caught up... GREAT pictures!!! What kind of camera do you have? The castle looked absolutely gorgeous & thanks for the video!!

Fun DIS meet... but I hope you made it back for the parade!!

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd. It's a 10.0 mega pixel camera with a 12x optical zoom lens. I love it but I'm still learning how to get better night shots. :thumbsup2

The Castle was incredible all lit up -- I took a picture with my cell phone too and it's been my desktop picture ever since. :cloud9:

Great Update! I just adored your video and the firework pictures!! WOW you got some great shots!!!!

YAY for a DIS meet, those are so much fun LOL!!!

Loved the kids interaction with the princesses and princes!! I have never met Prince Phillip before but I so want too...I wonder if they will be with their princesses in January LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! You know how sometimes they look great on your camera display just to look not as good when you download them? I got my fair share of those too but was really happy with what did turn out. :goodvibes

I hope you get to meet Prince Phillip, it's only fair after all ;) .

You're on a roll tonight...

I can't believe you missed the parade!!! :sad1:

Seems like there's so much to do during the party!! We went to MNSSHP in 2007 and barely scratched the surface but it seems like there is even more going on at MVMCP!

Can I guess your mystery picture? :confused3

Ugh, if I'd only taken the Liberty Square route instead! We missed the dance parties, the Tomorrowland show, meeting Bullseye..... I definately recommend going to two parties if at all possible.

Absolutely guess away!

aww..Well, he was let go in Oct, the same weekend I was there so he wouldn't have been there in Dec. He came with us but obviously wasn't working since he was let go! Hopefully he can get restatused somehow after his probation is lifted this fall!

THIS AS YOU MAY RECOGNIZE IS A MAINTENANCE SERVICE ELEVATOR STILL IN OPERATION, WAITING FOR YOU! WE INVITE YOU IF YOU DARE TO STEP ABOARD BECAUSE IN TONIGHT'S EPISODE YOU ARE THE STAR AND THIS ELEVATOR TRAVELS DIRECTLY TO...THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!!!!

..can you tell where my roommates and I went on our days off? During one of the trips there, we rode 12 or 13 times + made friends = lots of extra rides and yes I know the entire Library script, the one before you get on the ride in English and Spanish and the one during the ride :) Boy do I miss it!!!

aww..Well, he was let go in Oct, the same weekend I was there so he wouldn't have been there in Dec. He came with us but obviously wasn't working since he was let go! Hopefully he can get restatused somehow after his probation is lifted this fall!

Ah nuts, sorry about that. I hope it works out for him in the fall. :wizard:

THIS AS YOU MAY RECOGNIZE IS A MAINTENANCE SERVICE ELEVATOR STILL IN OPERATION, WAITING FOR YOU! WE INVITE YOU IF YOU DARE TO STEP ABOARD BECAUSE IN TONIGHT'S EPISODE YOU ARE THE STAR AND THIS ELEVATOR TRAVELS DIRECTLY TO...THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!!!!

..can you tell where my roommates and I went on our days off? During one of the trips there, we rode 12 or 13 times + made friends = lots of extra rides and yes I know the entire Library script, the one before you get on the ride in English and Spanish and the one during the ride :) Boy do I miss it!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Bravo! Bravo!

This time Demetri wasn’t afraid of the Beast and got right in there for a hug. He did stick close to Belle though for the rest of the pictures!
Good boy! :lmao:

Your night sounds sorta like my own, but I won't be getting to that for 4 more Disney Days.

Great night! I have been to 2 MVMCP's now and I still haven't seen any of the shows :scared1:

If we go in November next year I will have the shows at the top of the list!

Wow! Amazing update(s)!!!! You guys sure packed in a lot that night! You just made me want to make sure we get to MVMCP next year, even if it is just a day trip and not part of our "big" trip of the year! I wish they had the princes' and princesses out together more often instead of just party times. Olivia would love that!

Good boy! :lmao:

Your night sounds sorta like my own, but I won't be getting to that for 4 more Disney Days.

Any princess we met loved chatting with Demetri .... he was eating up the attention. :laughing:

Great night! I have been to 2 MVMCP's now and I still haven't seen any of the shows :scared1:

If we go in November next year I will have the shows at the top of the list!

It was a lot of fun! I don't regret at all meeting the characters but we left a lot undone -- next time right? :thumbsup2

Wow! Amazing update(s)!!!! You guys sure packed in a lot that night! You just made me want to make sure we get to MVMCP next year, even if it is just a day trip and not part of our "big" trip of the year! I wish they had the princes' and princesses out together more often instead of just party times. Olivia would love that!

If you can go, it's a lot of fun for sure! Plan your night ahead of time, we should have gone in with a game plan instead of choosing when we were already there.

I wish they had the Princes come out more often too!

It was a busy night. Men can be a pain sometimes...can't they? :lmao: My DH never cares about planning either...till we get there and he asks why we aren't doing certain things.
It really does sound like you need more than 1 party. So much to do in so little time.

Oh no! I am so sorry you missed the parade because of me... :(

I thought you were going to stay around for the second one too, but I guess with kids who are younger, that's harder to do... I didn't consider that.

I am glad you liked it though, and I love Demetri's face in the picture!

Even with all that you didn't get done, it looks like you still got a lot done that you can't get other times of the year, so that's pretty cool! Love your shots of the castle, and the Toontown pictures are awesome, so I am glad you stopped there, even if there was a bit of a wait.

Boy, your MVMCP updates sure bring back memories from when we went. Such a fun time and you are right, so many things to see. Glad you had fun!

LOL, awesome! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

It was a busy night. Men can be a pain sometimes...can't they? :lmao: My DH never cares about planning either...till we get there and he asks why we aren't doing certain things.
It really does sound like you need more than 1 party. So much to do in so little time.

Yes! Men CAN be a pain sometimes! :rotfl2: I think he realized a few things this trip and now when I ask him the odd question about our next one, he readily answers after actually thinking about it! :thumbsup2

Oh no! I am so sorry you missed the parade because of me... :(

I thought you were going to stay around for the second one too, but I guess with kids who are younger, that's harder to do... I didn't consider that.

I am glad you liked it though, and I love Demetri's face in the picture!

Even with all that you didn't get done, it looks like you still got a lot done that you can't get other times of the year, so that's pretty cool! Love your shots of the castle, and the Toontown pictures are awesome, so I am glad you stopped there, even if there was a bit of a wait.

No, no, no! I missed the parade because of ME. :rotfl2: If I'd just gone to Liberty Square instead of Frontierland we would have made it OK. We came to see you after Holiday Wishes at 9:30pm and just before the second parade at 10:30pm - then we saw the last Castle show at 11:20pm before heading out so we actually stayed quite late.

For the first parade, we were in Toontown -- I can't wait to get the Photopass pictures, we had so much fun there!

Space Mountain was awesome and, I forgot to say, the first time Demetri rode it! :banana: It's now one of his favorites and he rode it many more times that week! His face was priceless in the bootleg ride picture!

Boy, your MVMCP updates sure bring back memories from when we went. Such a fun time and you are right, so many things to see. Glad you had fun!

The party was awesome. The Dwarfs, Holiday Wishes, Space Mtn for the first time and the Prince/Princess meets were fantastic. I don't mean to grumble so much about what we didn't get to..... that's why there's a next time! It was a great way to end our first day.

LOL, awesome! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

:rotfl:

Just letting you know you are over your bandwith limit on photobucket so none of your pictures are showing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter