A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

2010_1202Misc0089.jpg

I'm so glad we'd decided to wait, Santa was awesome and Demetri and Ariana loved it.

232323232%7Ffp6339%3A%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33624%3B4393348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3B9%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33624%3B439%3B348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3A%3B%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33624%3B43%3B%3A348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3B%3B%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3362524232348nu0mrj

With a little bit of time left before dinner, we headed into World of Disney to have some fun.

2010_1202Misc0090.jpg

2010_1202Misc0096.jpg

2010_1202Misc0097.jpg

Demetri and I found a display with Andy's hat from Toy Story and he wanted to try it on.

2010_1202Misc0098.jpg

This had us cracking up and while everyone else scattered to look at the plethora of shopping choices available to see in World of Disney, Demetri and I went looking for more hats to take pictures of. :rotfl: We wanted to see how many different ones we could find!

2010_1202Misc0099.jpg

2010_1202Misc0100.jpg

2010_1202Misc0103.jpg

2010_1202Misc0104.jpg

2010_1202Misc0105.jpg

2010_1202Misc0106.jpg

2010_1202Misc0107.jpg

2010_1202Misc0108.jpg

2010_1202Misc0109.jpg

2010_1202Misc0110.jpg

2010_1202Misc0111.jpg

2010_1202Misc0112.jpg

2010_1202Misc0113.jpg

2010_1202Misc0114.jpg

:lmao: Man we were giggling like crazy taking all these pictures!!!!

Next up.... Shopping, dinner, shopping and oh yeah, some shopping.

Love resort and relaxation days. It's a nice change to have during a trip. All of the hat pictures with Demetri were great! He's such a charmer.

Yay another update!!:yay:

Love all your pictures at Pop Century!!:thumbsup2 Aww...I really miss it there...it seems like forever since we've been:sad2: Glad I'm able to live vicariously through your report!:goodvibes

Those mirror pictures are a must do at Goofy's!! So cute!:rotfl:

Great pictures of Demetri and Ariana with Santa. The ones where they are looking right at him are adorable.

Sorry the weather was too chilly for a swim but it still looks like a great day so far!!:goodvibes

Love resort and relaxation days. It's a nice change to have during a trip. All of the hat pictures with Demetri were great! He's such a charmer.

Ahh resort days, how I :lovestruc thee. The plans I had for our family 2012 trip was going to be a resort day every third day over two weeks. That's out the window now that I'm going this September :banana: but relaxation time is soooooo very nice.

Charmer is a great description for Demetri! :rotfl:

Yay another update!!:yay:

Love all your pictures at Pop Century!!:thumbsup2 Aww...I really miss it there...it seems like forever since we've been:sad2: Glad I'm able to live vicariously through your report!:goodvibes

Those mirror pictures are a must do at Goofy's!! So cute!:rotfl:

Great pictures of Demetri and Ariana with Santa. The ones where they are looking right at him are adorable.

Sorry the weather was too chilly for a swim but it still looks like a great day so far!!:goodvibes

Oh hey Angie! This update was photo loaded :thumbsup2

The Goofy mirror is a blast. The kids were dipping up and down in front of it for a while and it was hilarious!

Santa was awesome. He brought Ariana's eyes to him by putting his finger up and slowly drawing it closer to himself .... Disney always impresses me with their knowledge of what to do for special needs guests. :cloud9: :love:

It sounds like a perfect day so far! I love my alone time at the resort I like to take at least 30minutes each trip for just myself to walk around.

I love those broomsticks too. Don't you wish they sold smaller versions you could buy for your yard?

Great Santa pics. That is so sweet that Santa knew to draw Ariana in like that!

It looks like you and Demetri had a blast trying on the hats. I saw a few River tried as well.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.

Sounds like a relaxing day. You got some great photos :thumbsup2

DTD photos are really good too, love the Christmas shop must remember to visit this year as we forgot last year :laughing:

It sounds like a perfect day so far! I love my alone time at the resort I like to take at least 30minutes each trip for just myself to walk around.

I love those broomsticks too. Don't you wish they sold smaller versions you could buy for your yard?

Great Santa pics. That is so sweet that Santa knew to draw Ariana in like that!

It looks like you and Demetri had a blast trying on the hats. I saw a few River tried as well.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.

I would absolutely LOVE to buy those brooms! Flowers coming out of the buckets.... :love:

From our very first trip Disney, over and over again has impressed us with the level of knowledge and care they have for Ariana. She can totally be herself and they make it perfect for her. :goodvibes

Oh gosh we had such fun with those hats. I can't even choose a favorite, they all make me laugh!

Sounds like a relaxing day. You got some great photos :thumbsup2

DTD photos are really good too, love the Christmas shop must remember to visit this year as we forgot last year :laughing:

You definately must go to the Christmas shop, you'll love it. We were so relaxed from our lazy day that we got extremely silly at our dinner later that evening...... :rolleyes:

I made my way through the gift shop and got ready to get the ride photos....

2010_1201Misc0460.jpg

One of my favorite pictures! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The Yeti ride ROCKS!!

:thumbsup2 this is one great redneck Yeti photo...I love it, great shot of the pix. the poses and expressions are wonderful too...Demetri is quite the daredevil too ;)

Your AK evening looked so calm and peacful and pretty w/ all the lights lit up...I have never seen this park at night. It really seems like a nice bonus of an evening to have...but I guess w/ no animals out AK doesn't quite have th pull of other EMH parks...at least you got to experience it :goodvibes

your walk around POP is wonderful so many great shots...I love your panaromic ones. It just looks empty there like you had the whole resort to yourself ;)

The Santa pix are so sweet...what a great special meory for you and the kids... Oh and I LOVE the hat fashion show...he looks like he is just having the best of time :rotfl:

Sounds like such a lovely, relaxing morning for everyone (even though it did include laundry for YOU!) :laughing:

I love your camera; it will definitely be my next one... such gorgeous pix!

And, speaking of pix, I admit to getting a bit teary-eyed at the ones of Demetri and Ariana with Santa... he is so engaging with them; there is magic written all over their faces!

I can just see you and your little boy giggling over all those funny hats!

Awesome day so far!!

Kathy

p.s. Staying 'til Oct 2 sounds good to me! :thumbsup2
/

All caught up... You take amazing pictures Tracy!! :thumbsup2

You guys got so much done at AK - looks like a ton of fun. We're big fans of the "Yeti Ride" too... that's what the boys call it. Although Alex was getting mad when we would refer to it as the Yeti Ride this year- he kept correcting us & telling us, "it's called Expedition Everest!" :laughing:

DTD looks great with all the Christmas decorations... And Demetri is such a ham! :goodvibes

Your AK evening looked so calm and peacful and pretty w/ all the lights lit up...I have never seen this park at night. It really seems like a nice bonus of an evening to have...but I guess w/ no animals out AK doesn't quite have th pull of other EMH parks...at least you got to experience it :goodvibes

your walk around POP is wonderful so many great shots...I love your panaromic ones. It just looks empty there like you had the whole resort to yourself ;)

The Santa pix are so sweet...what a great special meory for you and the kids... Oh and I LOVE the hat fashion show...he looks like he is just having the best of time :rotfl:

I'm really glad we got to experience the EMH before they stopped them. It worked out well and was a great night to have some fun with very little crowds. Our soul reason for going to those extra hours was the night time Yeti rides and it was a blast!

Pop was peacefully empty that day, I rarely ran into anyone on my walk and of course the pools were empty. :cold:

Santa was wonderful. :goodvibes

I had a hard time keeping the camera steady for a lot of those hat pictures I was giggling so much. :rotfl:

we couldn't... could we :scratchin :rotfl2:

Oh yes. Yes we should. ::yes::

Sounds like such a lovely, relaxing morning for everyone (even though it did include laundry for YOU!) :laughing:

I love your camera; it will definitely be my next one... such gorgeous pix!

And, speaking of pix, I admit to getting a bit teary-eyed at the ones of Demetri and Ariana with Santa... he is so engaging with them; there is magic written all over their faces!

I can just see you and your little boy giggling over all those funny hats!

Awesome day so far!!

Kathy

p.s. Staying 'til Oct 2 sounds good to me! :thumbsup2
/

Thanks Kathy! Did I end up telling you what kind of camera I have? It's a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd - 10.0 megapixel, 12.0 pt zoom. :thumbsup2 Not quite a fancy camera but takes great pictures.

Santa was gently whispering to Ariana too asking her what she'd like for Christmas. George was off to the side feeding Santa info so he knew what to ask her and Ariana would reply. :goodvibes

Demetri and I had several other hats we could have kept going with but the rest of the family found us and we had to go. :laughing:

All caught up... You take amazing pictures Tracy!! :thumbsup2

You guys got so much done at AK - looks like a ton of fun. We're big fans of the "Yeti Ride" too... that's what the boys call it. Although Alex was getting mad when we would refer to it as the Yeti Ride this year- he kept correcting us & telling us, "it's called Expedition Everest!" :laughing:

DTD looks great with all the Christmas decorations... And Demetri is such a ham! :goodvibes

Thanks Amy :goodvibes When EE first came out, it took me a while to remember what it's actual name was because we only referred to it as the Yeti ride. It coincided at the time with a favorite Backyardigans episode where one of the characters would yell, "Yeti! Yeti! Yeti!" Ariana only calls it Expedition Everest too. :rolleyes:

What a wonderful relaxing day! you got so fabulous pictures. You should post them on the Pop picture thread.

Thanks!! It was a great start to a day that got even better..... :thumbsup2

Hatapolluza all done, we moved into another shop to browse a bit more and pay for our goodies. Ariana selected a deluxe Minnie Mouse figurine set that gave her various princess outfits and Alex chose a red fleece WDW jacket that he's worn everyday since being home. I don't recall if Demetri got anything from this particular shopping trip but I'm sure he had something.

While George was busy at the cash register, I wandered a bit in the store. I LOVED the mosaics and also snapped a pic Ariana could use as her desktop picture on the computer.....

2010_1202Misc0117.jpg

2010_1202Misc0118.jpg

2010_1202Misc0119.jpg

2010_1202Misc0120.jpg

2010_1202Misc0116.jpg

A quick goodbye to this big guy.....

2010_1202Misc0121.jpg

.... and we moved on. Do you like this picture? It's another of my favorites.

2010_1202Misc0122.jpg

It was close to our ADR time and we headed on over. This was a dinner we'd been really, really looking forward to.

2010_1202Misc0124.jpg

2010_1202Misc0126.jpg

I made a mental note to come back to this place....

2010_1202Misc0127.jpg

.... and then we'd arrived!

2010_1202Misc0128.jpg

There was no wait whatsoever (we were on time - imagine that!) and we were led to our table. We loved our spot in the corner by two windows and we had great views.

2010_1202Misc0129.jpg

2010_1202Misc0130.jpg

Now this is where we all got a teensy bit silly. We'd had such a fabulous, relaxing day that nobody was tired, nobody was cranky, nobody just wanted to head back to the resort for the night..... you get it. We were just a family that was having a great time, about to have a fabulous dinner and we were in a silly, good mood.

In our defense, Alex started it all.....

2010_1202Misc0131.jpg

We were enjoying our drinks, we'd placed our orders..... and someone started the hand jive. Yes, the hand jive. I can't even remember how or why we started it, but we did. We were teaching Demetri the basic hand jive moves and he caught on very quickly.

Pat your legs twice,
Clap your hands twice.
Slide your flat hands over one another twice,
Tap your fists over one another twice.
Toss your thumbs over your shoulders twice each one.

Keep doing it over and over, faster each time you do it. We were laughing at doing it right, we were laughing at getting it wrong. People around us were laughing at us and a few kids from neighboring tables were asking their parents if they could do it too. :rotfl2:

Then we went around the table and each person had to add on a move after we got the basics done. We'd practice after each person added on the move and were busting a gut looking at one another to make sure we got it right! Ariana was able to keep up just fine and she was laughing right along with us.

Our awesome server and the help he had were all laughing and shaking their heads as they came over with our dinner plates.... signalling the time to chow down. :thumbsup2

Not sure why mine was the only dish I took a picture of, but everyone loved their dinners.

2010_1202Misc0132.jpg

We had a wonderful leisurely eaten meal topped off with fantastic desserts.

2010_1202Misc0133.jpg

2010_1202Misc0134.jpg

A few pictures of the place as we were leaving.....

2010_1202Misc0135.jpg

2010_1202Misc0137.jpg

2010_1202Misc0140.jpg

We headed across the walkway to Riderz.

2010_1202Misc0141.jpg

The boys had a blast in here! Ariana and I just kinda milled around a bit and let them have their fun.

2010_1202Misc0144.jpg

Demetri got a turn at the remote controlled car they had out....

2010_1202Misc0148.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter