A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

Great shots, I am so mad at myself now. I didn't use the MVMCP frame for any of my pictures.
I really wish I had known where the dwarves were going to be. They should really put that on the map.

I have no idea why they wouldn't be on the map :confused3 they should be for sure. I really like that MVMCP frame and I put it on a bunch of them. I tried to post a variety here.....

Great pictures!!!! I love the picture with Sleeping Beauty!

Great Pictures!!!! I love the MVMCP frame and I think I put it on all the pictures it would allow me to:cool1:

I think I did too :laughing: !

I loved all the photopass pictures!! There is one that really touched my heart, I had tears when I saw it:

232323232%7Ffp633%3A6%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3362485882348nu0mrj

Such a magical picture!!!!

Thanks Tracy :goodvibes: It sure captures Ariana's absolute joy doesn't it?

Great Photopass pictures!! It looks like you had a lot of them! :thumbsup2

I really love that they offer photopass - it may be expensive but the PP pictures are always the best ones I have from our trips!

We had a lot of Photopass pictures, at first anyway. :rolleyes: :laughing: I was in a share so it wasn't expensive at all - absolutely worth it!

Love Love Love your Photopass pictures!

Thanks Jen! I still don't like pictures of myself but I love having them. :lovestruc

Yay for working pictures!!! :banana:

That happened to me once & fortunately hasn't happened since then.

Monday, November 29th
Day 3 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios Day
Weather: high of 80 degrees, low of 68 degrees
What we wore: shorts and t-shirts

Day 3 of our trip was a day of highs and lows for me. By the end of the day I was in full fledged crying mode and ready to hop on a plane to come home. It was that bad. I don’t remember one thing being the catalyst, just a general building of emotion throughout the day that peaked at one of the worst moments for me of the trip, hiding in a bathroom. :guilty:

But let’s get back to the beginning for now, shall we? Today was the first of two back to back days at Hollywood Studios. In the planning stages, I hadn’t intended on having two consecutive days at DHS, but the way our ADRs and Fantasmic was scheduled, that’s how it came together.

2010_1129Misc0377.jpg

2010_1129Misc0378.jpg

2010_1129Misc0379.jpg

232323232%7Ffp733%3B%3B%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33624%3A%3A%3B%3C9348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73397%3Enu%3D798%3B%3E88%3A%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33624%3A%3B267348nu0mrj

Coming off of a late night at the MVMCP the day before, I hadn’t scheduled a breakfast ADR, instead planning on heading to Starring Roles for the first time. I’d heard so many good things about this place and I knew George would love the selection so I was looking forward to getting the day off to a great start with a bit of a surprise for him.

2010_1129Misc0380.jpg

2010_1129Misc0382.jpg

Turns out, George was not in the mood and didn’t want anything at all. For whatever reason I took that personally and when he wouldn’t even look around, it really bothered me. Strike one. :headache:

The kids piled up their goodies and we headed to a table to chow down.

2010_1129Misc0381.jpg

I made sure Demetri’s treat was on the smaller side because the two of us were heading off very soon to a special lunch, just us. Before booking our ADRs for this trip, I’d found out that Goliath had been replaced by Handy Manny at Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine. Our family had been to Play ‘n Dine before but Demetri had been a bit under the weather and I thought it would be a nice do-over for him with the added bonus of one of his favorite characters added.

Jessica (JPFamilyMom a fellow Spectrum Mom!) had the great suggestion of keeping it to a special surprise treat just for Demetri and I. Then we got even better news and found out that Jo-Jo had been replaced with another favorite – Special Agent Oso! Perfect!

Demetri knew we had a special lunch planned, but he didn’t know where. As our ADR time approached, the two of us left and walked to minutes around the corner to Hollywood & Vine. When he saw where we were going he seemed a little disappointed it was a place he’d eaten at before. Can you tell?

2010_1129Misc0383.jpg

2010_1129Misc0384.jpg

We’d checked in outside and were sitting on a bench while we waited to be called in when suddenly, he caught sight of something in the window. His eyes lit up and he caught his breath quickly to ask, “Is that Special Agent Oso?!?” just as he ran to the window to plaster himself against it. Poor people at that window table didn’t know what hit them! At that moment, we were called in to our table and we headed inside to see Handy Manny bopping by. Another jaw dropping moment for Demetri and he was a very happy little boy.

2010_1129Misc0385.jpg

Perusing the menu….

2010_1129Misc0387.jpg

I realized we’d forgotten to bring the autograph book with us. I tried texting George or Alex to bring it over to us but got no reply the entire lunch. This upset me again – why did we have our phones with us if they weren’t going to check the darn things for messages :headache: – and then just like the Ohana parade the day before, Demetri decides he’s too shy to go sing and dance with Handy Manny for the little songs they sing between table greets. He only wants to stay at our table. :headache: Just like Grumpy, er, I mean George not digging Starring Rolls, Demetri not singing and dancing with his two favorite characters were not quite how I thought this day would go. Strike Two. :headache:

We had just enough time to choose everything we wanted to try from the buffet and get back to our table when June arrived. Though he doesn’t watch them nearly as often as he once did, the Little Einsteins are a favorite of his, and he still quotes shows of famous opera pieces or artists or places…. Meeting June, he was still having some residual shyness from the dancing.

2010_1129Misc0391.jpg

It didn’t take him long though to perk up and the next to come along was Leo.

2010_1129Misc0392.jpg

He was a trooper and was trying all these different types of food, not just from the kids choices either.

Some were yummy….

2010_1129Misc0393.jpg

2010_1129Misc0395.jpg

Others, not so much…..

2010_1129Misc0394.jpg

But he tried everything he’d put on his plate and when we went back for a second serving, he chose the chicken that he liked best, saving room for the awesome ice cream machine that was right beside our table.

2010_1129Misc0398.jpg

Just as he was ready to get the ice cream, look who arrived!!

2010_1129Misc0399.jpg

He spent a good amount of time talking with, er.. talking to Special Agent Oso.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....

Ice cream!!

2010_1129Misc0400.jpg

He usually is pretty cute but this face is just a teeny bit weird.

2010_1129Misc0401.jpg

Then the moment he’d been waiting for since arriving…..

2010_1129Misc0402.jpg

Do-do-do-do-do Handy Manny!

He had to show him his shirt and how Stretch was on the other side under his pins. Manny wanted a high five for that.

2010_1129Misc0403.jpg

One more big hug….

2010_1129Misc0404.jpg

2010_1129Misc0407.jpg

2010_1129Misc0406.jpg

…. and it was time to say goodbye. :wave:

Outside the restaurant we watched a bit of Streetmosphere performers while awaiting a text reply from George as to where everyone was.

2010_1129Misc0412.jpg

We didn’t see the whole skit but these guys were hilarious.

2010_1129Misc0413.jpg

George replied they’d just finished seeing a Beauty and the Beast performance and were heading towards Tower of Terror so we left to join them. On the way, we saw more streetmosphere performers and though I really wanted to stop and watch the rest, we forged on to meet up with everyone.

2010_1129Misc0414.jpg

2010_1129Misc0415.jpg

This was a Fantasmic day…. can you tell?

2010_1129Misc0416.jpg

We met up with everyone and moved on down to ToT.

2010_1129Misc0418.jpg

George and Alex opted out as they’d just been on it before Beauty and the Beast (chickens!) so the rest of us went ahead.

2010_1129Misc0419.jpg

2010_1129Misc0420.jpg

2010_1129Misc0422.jpg

(The where were we sneak peak picture!)

2010_1129Misc0424.jpg

Throughout the ride I was trying to remember if the enhancements added during the summer had been extended but I didn’t notice anything was different. I took a bootleg ride picture of the kids after – Kathryn and Ariana are loving it, but check out poor Demetri.

2010_1129Misc0426.jpg

He seems to have a love/hate thing going on for ToT. This time around, he was not feeling the love.

Joining back up with Alex and George, it was on to the Aerosmith Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, one of Ariana’s (and mine!) favorite rides.

2010_1129Misc0429.jpg

2010_1129Misc0430.jpg

Demetri was so pleased with himself on this trip because he’d grown a LOT and was now tall enough for every ride in WDW – except this one. He knew it was a long shot to grow that extra little bit before we left home to make it on the ride but he tried his darndest. Walking up to that measuring thingie, we didn’t realize just how close he actually came.

2010_1129Misc0431.jpg

He took it like a big boy and got a special treat with Daddy while the rest of us went on.

2010_1129Misc0432.jpg

2010_1129Misc0433.jpg

2010_1129Misc0434.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....

2010_1129Misc0435.jpg

2010_1129Misc0437.jpg

I’m OK with him not being quite tall enough yet, although by now he probably is! RnR is intense and though he loved Space Mountain, I think it would have freaked him out just a bit.

Next up – Toy Story PANIC, another DIS meet and such characters!

Hope you continue along…. for now, here’s a sneak peak at my next update.

2010_1129Misc0481.jpg

See you then!

Great update! I am sorry things were not going your way (blame it on me, I always do. It's usually their fault anyway :lmao:)

Emma was so happy to see Handy Manny and Oso, she loves them so much!

Bummer about some things not working out but it does seem like there were some good things to start your morning. :) It looks like Demetri really enjoyed his breakfast. And riding TOT and RNRC is always a plus!

Great update! I am sorry things were not going your way (blame it on me, I always do. It's usually their fault anyway :lmao:)

Emma was so happy to see Handy Manny and Oso, she loves them so much!

That's what I end up doing too :laughing: Demetri still talks about our special lunch. I love creating memories like that!

Bummer about some things not working out but it does seem like there were some good things to start your morning. :) It looks like Demetri really enjoyed his breakfast. And riding TOT and RNRC is always a plus!

The problem I have is I want to please everyone all the time, and we all know how easy that is. :rolleyes: I have to get better at not letting the blips get in the way of the good stuff. :thumbsup2

Yay! So glad your pics are back up.:thumbsup2 I just realized that I forgot to comment on your last update because I was waiting to see your pics.:goodvibes

So first thing first---I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Pickle Barrel!!!:laughing: We just love the toppings bar at Pecos Bills..so yummy!!!:thumbsup2 Loved your video and pictures of Holiday Wishes!!!:cloud9: Sorry that you missed the parade.:sad2: But...Yay for a DISmeet!!:cool1:

I didn't realize there was so many things to do at MVMCP. It sounds like it would definitely take more than one time to do and see it all.::yes::

Sorry your DHS morning isn't turning out like you hoped. It looks like Demetri had fun meeting some of his favorite characters. (love his expressions...so cute!!:goodvibes) TOT=so much fun!! Poor Demetri though......

Can't wait for more!!popcorn::

Yay! So glad your pics are back up.:thumbsup2 I just realized that I forgot to comment on your last update because I was waiting to see your pics.:goodvibes

So first thing first---I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Pickle Barrel!!!:laughing: We just love the toppings bar at Pecos Bills..so yummy!!!:thumbsup2 Loved your video and pictures of Holiday Wishes!!!:cloud9: Sorry that you missed the parade.:sad2: But...Yay for a DISmeet!!:cool1:

I didn't realize there was so many things to do at MVMCP. It sounds like it would definitely take more than one time to do and see it all.::yes::

Sorry your DHS morning isn't turning out like you hoped. It looks like Demetri had fun meeting some of his favorite characters. (love his expressions...so cute!!:goodvibes) TOT=so much fun!! Poor Demetri though......

Can't wait for more!!popcorn::

Helloooo! I love reminding George about the pickle barrel - he instantly laughs. The kids don't even remember its true name now too. :rotfl:

If you plan on going at Christmas, definately consider going to two MVMCP. There's lots going on, more than what's on the map, and rushing around is no fun.

The day gets worse unfortunately. Funny how difficult it is to describe it here. It seemed more saddening at the time.....

Sorry to hear you were having a DAY! :headache: Unfortunately we all have them... Can't wait to hear more about it, I guess... :confused3

Sorry to hear you were having a DAY! :headache: Unfortunately we all have them... Can't wait to hear more about it, I guess... :confused3

:laughing: As crappy as those kinds of days on your vacation are, I do learn from them for next time. And the good news is, as bad as the end of the day was, it only got better from there!

OK, I am caught up on reading.

I hope you don't mind, I am going to steal the daily Hi and Low temps idea and add it to my TR. I'm getting alot of pity about how cold we look, but it did star warm, and warmed up towards the end.

Bummer that he was a bit short for RnR, we never got to ride it ourselves. Oh well, not a big deal.

OK, I am caught up on reading.

I hope you don't mind, I am going to steal the daily Hi and Low temps idea and add it to my TR. I'm getting alot of pity about how cold we look, but it did star warm, and warmed up towards the end.

Bummer that he was a bit short for RnR, we never got to ride it ourselves. Oh well, not a big deal.

Steal away! When we started planning the trip, he was a good two inches short - we couldn't believe how close he got but he'd been expecting to not ride so it wasn't too bad for him.

Yeah! So glad you can update again! Sorry you were having a bad day...I had one of those too, our last day there.

We loved our lunch at H&V as well! It was such a good time! I think on our next trip we will split up and each take Olivia for a special meal, I really like that idea.

Aww, Demetri was SOOO close to getting on R&R!! That is about how close Olivia was to the 40 inch rides on our trip! I LOVE the look on his face in the ToT pic as well! Priceless!

Yeah! So glad you can update again! Sorry you were having a bad day...I had one of those too, our last day there.

We loved our lunch at H&V as well! It was such a good time! I think on our next trip we will split up and each take Olivia for a special meal, I really like that idea.

Aww, Demetri was SOOO close to getting on R&R!! That is about how close Olivia was to the 40 inch rides on our trip! I LOVE the look on his face in the ToT pic as well! Priceless!

Ooo, sorry it was your last day. Then again, I guess there's no good day to have a bad day. ;) In our busy family of five and with Ariana's needs, it can be tough for Demetri to get that special one on one time. He loves it! What will you be doing while Olivia is off with Toby? ;)

I was barely able to take the ToT picture I was laughing so hard at his expression! :rotfl:

I have had those kind of mommy meltdowns too. It's never my fault...usually DH's. LOL!

I think Claire is just about the same height as Demetri. I measured her last night in stocking feet and she is just under 48 inches. Maybe with shoes she'll make it. But I also can't really rely on my measureing with a fabric tabic measure either. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter