A Disney-addicted mom runs her first 1/2 marathon - Jan 2011 *update 1/11 Results!*

During Marathon Weekend there are WWOS busses that run from every resort. So if you are at MK just walk over to the Contemporary and catch a bus from there. Though the bus doesn't leave from the normal bus stop. The stop is over by the Contemporary Convention Center (at least that is where it left from last year.)

Perfect!
We're staying at Poly so I'll just ask at check-in to find out where we'll get the bus. Maybe we could even go Thursday evening.

Amanda

Another planning question: We're arriving on Thursday. Our flight leaves NY at 6:30am and lands around 9am at MCO. We're planning to take DME to Poly (although I'm willing to consider a car service...). I'm guessing we'll arrive at Poly around lunchtime (or a little before - like 11am?). Should we grab a snack at the Concierge Lounge and head to Epcot for lunch? Or should we plan to lunch at Poly?

Amanda

Another planning question: We're arriving on Thursday. Our flight leaves NY at 6:30am and lands around 9am at MCO. We're planning to take DME to Poly (although I'm willing to consider a car service...). I'm guessing we'll arrive at Poly around lunchtime (or a little before - like 11am?). Should we grab a snack at the Concierge Lounge and head to Epcot for lunch? Or should we plan to lunch at Poly?

Amanda

Poly is the first stop the DME bus makes. If you aren't going to baggage claim to get your bags, I would bet you're at the Poly by 10:00am-10:20am. Plus, I wasn't overly excited about the food court at Poly. If I were you, I would head to Epcot for lunch. Lots more options!

Poly is the first stop the DME bus makes. If you aren't going to baggage claim to get your bags, I would bet you're at the Poly by 10:00am-10:20am. Plus, I wasn't overly excited about the food court at Poly. If I were you, I would head to Epcot for lunch. Lots more options!

Awesome! I'll make a late-ish lunch ADR in Epcot then.
I'm thinking Friday at DHS since the buses will be slow all weekend bc of the marathon. Sat after running we'll go to MK and again on Sun. Mon will be Epcot. Opinions on my plan?

Amanda

:cool1: :thumbsup2

I was supposed to run yesterday, but my right leg has been bothering me since I ran 7 miles last weekend. Decided to rest it a bit longer.

I hope you feel better!

I went 2.75 miles on Monday. Today I'm going to try to go 3 miles. I've been sticking to the run 4, walk 1 routine and it seems ok. I'm pretty exhausted today so hopefully I'll still do ok with my run!

I finally chose parks and made lunch ADRs. We'll go to Epcot on Thursday and eat a Via Napoli. Friday will be DHS and Brown Derby. Saturday after the 1/2 marathon will be MK and Crystal Palace. Sunday is another MK day and Liberty Tree. I'm assuming Epcot on Monday but left lunch open for now.

I also made an executive decision to skip DME this time and use a car service. I booked with FL Tours for a van with one car seat and two booster seats. It's $135 round trip for all 7 of us and includes a 30 min grocery stop. I know that Poly is usually the 1st stop on DME but I just can't deal with waiting in line, waiting for luggage, leaving really early for the airport on Monday, etc. For $20 per person it's worth it to me (ok, a little more with tip but still).

I can't believe this trip is coming up so soon! Then again Hanukkah starts tonight and Christmas is about 3 weeks away!

Amanda

5 miles in just under 70 min this morning. Not bad. Feeling better about being ready to run in January. 1/2 marathon is 5 weeks from today!!!

Amanda

Good job on the run! Marathon weekend is fast approaching:scared1:

Too soon!!!

I ran 6.4 miles on Saturday and managed 2.5 yesterday. I wasn't feeling great yesterday so it was more walking than running but still within the time limits. I'm starting to get a little nervous!

I received our DME packet last week! :banana: We're probably going to take a car service (van service is probable more accurate) but who knows. I also got a summary of our ADRs for our TA.

Amanda

Yay! DME and reservations! Just a little jaunt through the holidays and you'll be there!

Hey Amanda! Time is getting close!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. :goodvibes

That sums it up nicely!

Yay! DME and reservations! Just a little jaunt through the holidays and you'll be there!

No kidding. Our trip is just around the corner!

THREE weeks from today we're off to the World! I'm excited (and still nervous about the race). I'm planning a 10 mile run this weekend so hopefully that'll work out.
I'm off work tomorrow. I'm SO far behind on the holidays. No decorations up. No presents wrapped. The tree is undecorated in the living room. I can't remember ever having so little Christmas-y stuff at this point!

Amanda

I answered my own question on my PTR about your bib number. Yours is much lower than mine. Did you give an estimated finish time? I don't think I did. I might bring along my 10k race time and see if I can get moved up a little bit. I really don't want to be at the back of the pack.

I survived a 10 mile run yesterday. I finished in 2 hours 19:48. Certainly not going to win any prizes but I actually believe I can finish a 1/2 marathon in the allotted time. That's huge for me! I also am starting to think about trying again in 2012...

Amanda

I survived a 10 mile run yesterday. I finished in 2 hours 19:48. Certainly not going to win any prizes but I actually believe I can finish a 1/2 marathon in the allotted time. That's huge for me! I also am starting to think about trying again in 2012...

Amanda

Way to go on the 10 miles, Amanda! Of course you can do it! :cool1:

Belated Merry Christmas to all! :santa:
I made my final payments on our 2 rooms yesterday. We got 18 inches of snow so the upcoming trip just got a little sweeter!!! :cool1:
I got a new water bottle, a cool running belt, and a new running shirt for the holidays. I also ordered myself a sports watch and a pair of capris with a skirt for race day. Very excited!!!
I also made shirts for everyone for our trip. They have a picture of Dash (from The Incredibles). The shirts say, "Dash-ing through the 1/2 marathon". They came out nicely.
I've had a bad week when it comes to working out but hopefully I'll make it up this week. I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks until race day. Totally crazy! I'm already thinking about signing up again for next year so I can improve my times.... :rolleyes1

Amanda

Online check-in done!!! The countdown begins!

I ran 4 miles in 54 minutes yesterday. It felt pretty good actually. I bought a $6 "fuzzy" jacket from Old Navy as a "discard" for race day. I've been told that I'll want a cheapie sweatshirt or something. This was nice and inexpensive enough that I'm happy to "donate" it. (All the discarded clothing gets washed and given to charity).
I feel very disorganized about this trip, especially compared to my August trip. But I know it'll still be fun - maybe more so since I haven't planned every last detail!

Amanda

Online check-in done!!! The countdown begins!

I ran 4 miles in 54 minutes yesterday. It felt pretty good actually. I bought a $6 "fuzzy" jacket from Old Navy as a "discard" for race day. I've been told that I'll want a cheapie sweatshirt or something. This was nice and inexpensive enough that I'm happy to "donate" it. (All the discarded clothing gets washed and given to charity).
I feel very disorganized about this trip, especially compared to my August trip. But I know it'll still be fun - maybe more so since I haven't planned every last detail!

Amanda

I'm right there with you. I completed my online check-in today and DBF and I both got cheap "donate" sweat clothes for the morning. I feel very disorganized as well because vie barely planned and I feel like racing day is quickly sneaking up on us. All the same, I think it's going to be so much fun. I already signed my dad and I up for the ESPN 5k in march at Hollywood studios and I'm hoping to run the half at Disneyland in sept. It's become addicting... Also, I was told that bib numbers are given based on when you sign up and have nothing to do with you corral position, have you heard that to?

I am so excited for you after reading this PTR! :goodvibes I love running and it's great to see when others start to love it too! Good luck in the race, I'm sure you'll do great! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter