A Disney-addicted mom runs her first 1/2 marathon - Jan 2011 *update 1/11 Results!*

Hey Amanda! I am here to cheer you on! I hope to do one of the runs next October. :goodvibes

I'm glad your run went better this last time. :thumbsup2

Just popping in to say that I'm glad your running is going well! I'm impressed, but I am so not a runner that running at all is impressive to me!

Hey Amanda! I am here to cheer you on! I hope to do one of the runs next October. :goodvibes

I'm glad your run went better this last time. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!

Just popping in to say that I'm glad your running is going well! I'm impressed, but I am so not a runner that running at all is impressive to me!

I'm new to running myself!

I series of unfortunate events prevent me from running Fri, Sat, or Sun. My OR schedule on Friday seemed short so I thought I'd get to the gym before coming home but everything conspired against that happening. The weekend was a fiasco. My DH was on-call and left early both mornings for the hospital, leaving me to entertain 3 kiddos by myself. Not conducive to exercise, especially since he had to take a patient to the OR on Sunday and didn't get home until noon.
Then last night I got called at 2:40am (exactly, according to my phone log) for an emergency. I got to the hospital by 3:3am. It's been a LONG day! I decided to try the gym instead of a nap. I walked my 0.25 mile warm-up and ran about 2.5 miles before my pediatrician's office called me about my youngest son (the one who is being evaluated for CP). I stopped running to talk to them but I'm still proud of myself. It was a surprisingly good run!!!

Amanda

I admire you for getting ANY run done with your schedule, let alone a quality 2.5 miler!! Good stuff!:thumbsup2

That is awesome that you went for a run instead of taking a nap! With that attitude you will be ready no problem by January:goodvibes

Amanda-

Great job getting your run in!! :thumbsup2 It's all about choices and you chose the workout over the nap - that is awesome! I love seeing people's dedication like this! Very inspiring! Today my sister said to me "I don't know how you go run in this heat!" (its about 90 and very humid here) and my response was " I just go...no excuses." I did wait until it was a little later in the evening and only about 85 - but it was still hot! :laughing:

Karen

That is awesome that you went for a run instead of taking a nap! With that attitude you will be ready no problem by January:goodvibes

Of course if I had forced myself to run over the weekend, I could have skipped yesterday! :rotfl2:

Amanda-

Great job getting your run in!! :thumbsup2 It's all about choices and you chose the workout over the nap - that is awesome! I love seeing people's dedication like this! Very inspiring! Today my sister said to me "I don't know how you go run in this heat!" (its about 90 and very humid here) and my response was " I just go...no excuses." I did wait until it was a little later in the evening and only about 85 - but it was still hot! :laughing:

Karen

You're amazing to run outside in this weather. I'm still on a treadmill!

Amanda

I'm joining in!!! It seems between you and I, we will be at WDW every month..hehe!!!

I can't wait to see those BLT pics..I have a long time to wait though!

I'm joining in!!! It seems between you and I, we will be at WDW every month..hehe!!!

I can't wait to see those BLT pics..I have a long time to wait though!

I think January will be here before we know it!
And it's great that we'll have monthly trip reports to help us get through the lean months!!! :lmao:

I had a bad week in terms of running (and in general, to be honest!). I'm going to try to run tomorrow or else it'll wait until Monday. Ugh.

In happier news there are rumors that some discounts are coming out for January. We'll do our trip regardless but it would really help to save some $$$!!!

Amanda

I got a run in today. Not a good one but it's been almost a week so at least it was something! I went 2.5 miles total but walked more than usual. I'll try again tomorrow to get back on schedule.
I'd like to try to run at least 2 times during our trip but we'll see what I manage.

Amanda

Great job getting out there! I'll be very impressed if you run on vacation. I never even try.

Any run is a great run! Are there good paths to run on vacation? I'm not familiar with many of the hotels, but I would imagine there would be. I remember both Pop and Caribbean beach had amazing paths for running.

Good job getting out there today! :thumbsup2 I think running while on vacation is very tough, but it's something I want to do. I have a long weekend trip to PA to visit the in-laws over Labor Day and a two week trip to Maine at the end of September. I have to continue my training so I will make it a priority. I think it would be a lot tougher at WDW though. Good luck! :goodvibes

Great job getting out there! I'll be very impressed if you run on vacation. I never even try.

We'll see! ;) My intentions are often good but reality may kick in....

Any run is a great run! Are there good paths to run on vacation? I'm not familiar with many of the hotels, but I would imagine there would be. I remember both Pop and Caribbean beach had amazing paths for running.

Beach Club has a fitness center so I could just go on a treadmill (in the air conditioning!). Plus I can run around the Boardwalk area which is great, especially in the early morning.

Good job getting out there today! :thumbsup2 I think running while on vacation is very tough, but it's something I want to do. I have a long weekend trip to PA to visit the in-laws over Labor Day and a two week trip to Maine at the end of September. I have to continue my training so I will make it a priority. I think it would be a lot tougher at WDW though. Good luck! :goodvibes

I ran once during my San Francisco trip. I had intended at least 2 runs but was extremely jet lagged.

Amanda

Running on the boardwalk would be SO beautiful in the early morning! Of course, I would completely understand if you didn't get around to running on vacation. But the thought of it is beautiful, anyway!

Running on the boardwalk would be SO beautiful in the early morning! Of course, I would completely understand if you didn't get around to running on vacation. But the thought of it is beautiful, anyway!

Exactly!!! :lmao:

Amanda

HELP!!!!
So these fabulous room discounts just came out for January. Unfortunately our 2 bedroom villa at BLT doesn't qualify. Ugh. :sad2:
What to do????
Choices: 2 studios at BLT (no one bedrooms available with discount). 2 regular rooms at CR. 2 regular rooms at Poly. 2 CL rooms at Poly, 1 bedroom villa + studio at Boardwalk villas.
There are 2 bedroom villas available at OKW and SSR but I don't want to stay that far away without a car. I'm all about convenience!
Unless we stay monorail, we'll have to re-consider all of our dining ADRs. Ugh. :confused:

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter