A DISmeet here..a DISmeet there..Our August Southern Tour- Final Posts - #544!

Such a FUN day!!! Have a great time with your little Beauty proud Mama!!

she did great....most of the big items I already had seen at home when she was working on them, still nice to see everything she had picked to share with me!

Let me guess -- Megan has to dress up as a Scientist and you are buying some fusible hem tape to make the outfit :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

J/K -- you know I :love: you, Isa!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: you are so funny Andrea.....her science project is a plant cell...so cute up some strofoam - man I hate that stuff, little pieces everywhere----and using different parts and pieces to make her cell...no fusible hem tape involved, but do have lots of duc tape :rolleyes1:rotfl:

:love: ya too A!

here is the final science project:

her "cell" and the info page

P1110787.jpg

close up of "cell"

P1110788.jpg

:love: Love everyone's pictures.

Um . . . get ready, because we're here! And we're here until August 13th, so I'm hoping I get to see you LOTS!!!!!

Well, as I mentioned above, the boys & Mimi & I arrived in RI at 5:45 tonight. We left Charlotte last night at 11pm and I drove from exit 80 on I-77N in NC until the 1st Cracker Barrel in PA on I-81N. . . which we arrived at about 6:30am. From there my mom & I switched off a lot . . . it just took FOREVER to get here :( Oh well . . . we're here, and here in time for the big Memorial Day Parade so the boys can ride on the firetruck in the parade with their cousins!!!
I won't go back to Charlotte until the week of our DISMEET!!! :eek: We have family and friends coming at all various times to RI this summer, so it just made more sense to be here so we could see everyone (and DH has to work 6 days a week this summer, so we'd never see him even if we were home in CLT).

:cool1: Got your text too! Sounds like someone went shopping:rolleyes1

Marianne - I am relieved to know you made it to RI. That would be fun to fly into RI to meet you... I wish I could take that much time off of work and sewing... I guess I could bring Patience and hand crank her in the car on the way. Shrug... ;) HOw did the C25K go yesterday? I am anxious to hear all about it. :)
?

Sounds like a plan:thumbsup2

OK.... what is C25K :confused3

here is the final science project:

her "cell" and the info page

th_P1110787.jpg

close up of "cell"

th_P1110788.jpg
Cool cell! I love the button nucleolus! Very creative! I cut all my styrofoam outside -- by the curb so it blows away from our house! I do cut it inside a bag so as not to totally mess up the environment, but even so those little pieces seem to get everywhere!

OK.... what is C25K :confused3
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know! I had to look it up -- it's Couch to 5K in 9 weeks. Apparently a program that starts you walking with small intervals of running and eventually you are supposed to run a 5K :confused3 I'm not a fan of running so I didn't investigate it any further. Though yesterday I put on a pair of shorts I wore last year and there was no way I could even zip them up :sad1: Perhaps I should start running! Seriously, I am going to have to make the time to work out and walk again b/c I can't afford new clothes right now. Or maybe I could sew two pairs of my shorts together to make a skirt :rotfl2: Sorry, couldn't resist! I promise I am not making fun of you and your sewing and I :love: both the $15 :-)scared:) per pair shorts that lasted a few hours and the skirt and am thrilled you repurposed them in such a cute way.

thanks Michelle!

Andrea...Megan is so happy you knew what the button was :thumbsup2 she was worried it looked funny, but she loved the button and wanted to use it!

tonight is dance rehearsal and photos afterwards...so happy her studio does it this way, only have to do her hair/makeup twice instead of three times :thumbsup2

I am going to post Megan's dance photos from over the years....stay tuned....

First of all - I just love the scrapbook! That is just amazing! Look at how adorable little Megan is!!! Sooo sweet!

And her cell project turned out great! Both of my girls had to do the same thing in 7th Grade... I can't honestly remember what Allison did (ACK!!! And it was only last year!), but Victoria made a pillow on her sewing machine, then used a whole bunch of sewing notions for the "parts"... She did get a very good grade on that. :)

D~

First of all - I just love the scrapbook! That is just amazing! Look at how adorable little Megan is!!! Sooo sweet!

And her cell project turned out great! Both of my girls had to do the same thing in 7th Grade... I can't honestly remember what Allison did (ACK!!! And it was only last year!), but Victoria made a pillow on her sewing machine, then used a whole bunch of sewing notions for the "parts"... She did get a very good grade on that. :)

D~

she's quite happy with her cellproject...love the pillow idea! a couple of the girls are making "cell" cakes...that sounds pretty tough to me...this was hard enough

Lisa, I love the memory photos of you, Megan and Jim. Very, very sweet.

thanks Kathy :goodvibes

Here are Megan's dance photos through the years

2002 -(Charlotte) she didn't do recital since we moved just before, but did get the studio photo done...this is by far my favorite :love:

P1110789.jpg

2003 - she took dance but we moved well before recital

2004 - (ThousandOaks CA) - ballet

P1110790.jpg

2005 ( TO CA) ballet

P1110791.jpg

2006 (Modesto CA) tap

P1110792.jpg

2007 (modesto) tap and jazz

P1110793.jpg

P1110794.jpg

2008 (modesto) tap, jazz and ballet

P1110795.jpg

P1110796.jpg

P1110797.jpg

2009 (modesto) different studio - ballet

P1110798.jpg

2010 - she took ballet and jazz, but stopped dancing after Jim died, no recital that year

2011 - (everett) did a theater group dance - so sang and kind of a jazz dance

P1110799.jpg

stay tune for 2012..... doing ballet again, will post the photos I take tonight tomorrow....

Loved Megan's cell...but loved her dance pics so much more!!! So incredibly talented and pretty! :love::love::love::love:

MARV, I hope you know i was joking the other day(after all I am the one who told you about the Meet, 'cause I :love::love::love: you)...Love you, but you know Lisa and I always gang up on you! :guilty::guilty::guilty:

Great dance photos!

Loved Megan's cell...but loved her dance pics so much more!!! So incredibly talented and pretty! :love::love::love::love:

MARV, I hope you know i was joking the other day(after all I am the one who told you about the Meet, 'cause I :love::love::love: you)...Love you, but you know Lisa and I always gang up on you! :guilty::guilty::guilty:

hey I've been good...lately!

here's Megan from last night...rehearsal went great, can't wait to see the performance tomorrow!

IMG_0121.jpg

Here are Megan's dance photos through the years

2002 -(Charlotte) she didn't do recital since we moved just before, but did get the studio photo done...this is by far my favorite :love:

P1110789.jpg
I love all of them but this one is beyond fabulous! You must be one proud mama!

:woohoo: for the weekend :woohoo:

going to have a lazy morning before getting ready for Megan's dance recital today!

will have dinner after the show with whoever plans on joining us...Megan will have quite the fan club including her proud mama, grandma, 3 uncles, two aunts and two cousins...my FIL was supposed to come too, but his best friend from childhood passed and the service is today...Megan was very understanding he needed to be there for the family he's known for 60 years!

have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa, sounds like a great afternoon/evening -so many are coming -- have fun. So glad that so many are coming to see Megan.

I love that you got to go to the school to see all of Megan's work. Her cell looks perfect. The dance pictures through the years and how you scrapped them. So fun to see her grow up. Hope Megan had a wonderful performance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter