A Different Passport vs. Birth Cert Qustion

swtppalmieri

Earning My Ears
We have a three night Bahama cruise booked and I'm wondering if my hubby is going to have an issue with his birth certificate. We are planning on not getting passports. His birth name is different than his current name. He was adopted by his step dad when he was younger. Will this be an issue? Do women have problems with their married names being different than what is on their birth certificate?

I watched an episode about the Disney cruises on tv a few months ago and it showed all the problems that people have getting on board the ship because of the right paperwork. One lady booked her honeymoon cruise in her maiden name and didn't bring her marriage certificate so they had to have it faxed over or they weren't going to let her on board. I would probably call them about the adoption issue. Maybe they will let you take the adoption papers along with his birth certificate?

He should have been issued a new birth certificate after the adoption, is he sure his parents don't have it? I was adopted by my stepfather when I was younger and as part of the adoption a new birth certificate was issued showing my stepfather as my father.

Find the new birth certificate, adoption papers, court papers, and get the passport. It will be easier. You have 4 months -- get it done it the next month, do not delay and do not waste any time.

Whatever county this was done it will have a record of it, and your mother-in-law and father-in-law should have the original documents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter