A Daily Dose of Disney Drama! 5/02/13 PG 53 THE END

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by dawnbu40, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

I agree the GF is too beautiful to have all that construction work taking away from its appearance. Thanks for reading :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

I could not understand why it was so hard to find a brush and comb and why they were so crummy. It seems like it would be a common item to forget :confused3

Club Level is awesome! I hope you love it! The beer selections were pretty good. They offered more than just the standard Bud. :)

4. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Glad to have you along :) YEs the YC is gorgeous! I did not want to leave!

5. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

I'm glad you two had a nice lunch. Your room looks really nice. How do you not sell combs and brushes? :confused3

6. pkondz

pkondz Hoping to get lucky

Ouch, that's early. Did you guys get any sleep before you left? I know I'd be clock watching and thinking, "I've got to get to sleep! I have to be up in 4 hours... 3 hours... 2 hours... 1 h... oh forget it!"

You didn't have a young princess to urge you along.

::yes::

Not bad! Did you have some kind of discount?

I understand... but I'm with Dale, at least for Disney vacations. To me that's the biggest plus of staying on site... no driving.

An HHR? That's considered a compact?!?

All right! Nice to know that after all those years of being married, you still rent a car based on the size of the backseat.

You crazy kids, you.[​IMG]

:lmao: Whoops! Coulda been worse, you could've been caught in the backseat!

Nice. :thumbsup2

Very nice. Nothing like a little pampering every now and then.

Nice!:thumbsup2 Wouldn't it've been cool if when you got to your room, a wedding was going on?

:rotfl: So that's where she gets it!

If you lived near there and ate there all the time... then yes, boring and predictable. But considering you only get the chance to eat there once in a while... then order what you're craving for Pete's sake!

By that you mean, construction noise? Or was the construction so close to it that it would interfere?

Of course... the HHR's backseat was for later. Good thinking.

Uh, oh.

Okay... But if the "more dramatic" means you forgot the nail clipper, I might be inclined to say "meh".

I know, I know! The backseat of the HHR, right?

Thanks for posting! Great pics, too! :goodvibes

7. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Thank you! We always enjoy Kona and we loved that room! I know right?!

8. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Thanks! And thanks for always making me laugh!

9. PracPerfPatricia

PracPerfPatricia DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the Yacht Club are so gorgeous...:)

(I'm excited because even though I'm not staying there -in seven weeks I'll be next door at the Beach Club...)

So sorry about the comb/brush issue...:rolleyes2 that's not a good feeling...not having something you need... (I have thick curly hair... and not having my vent brush... let's just say... there would be some seriously bad hair days...:confused3)

I've always really liked the food at Kona... yum

I hope the drama doesn't get too dramatic...

10. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

Arriving in MCO is a great feeling, and especially when you arrive early! And nice on the rental only being $108 for the week. I'm obsessed with finding good prices on rentals.

Nice, staying at the Yacht Club! It's one of the only resorts on property I haven't tried at some point in all of my Disney years. It just looks beautiful.

Lapu Lapu! Have yet to try it, but it looks so yummy!

Oh man, forgetting a brush? That's not cool at all. Not cool.

11. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

I'm afraid the drama gets very dramatic :crazy2:

12. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Yes it is!
    The only way I can justify a rental is if I can find a great price so I get obsessive too!
    The YC is lovely and the staff was great :thumbsup2

I could have kicked myself when I realized I'd forgotten it!

13. chepic

chepic I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some p

First time I have read any of your TRs and I am a sucker for a good story....count me in.

cheryl

14. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Welcome! Glad to have you along!

15. POLY1985

POLY1985 DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! DH and I want to take a couples trip and stay at the Beach Club. That really is a great location when you want to spend the majority of the time at Epcot.
    Love Kona so much. My guys always get the wings there. I had a Lapu Lapu for the first time in June and WOW was that strong. Very good though - I would definitely get it again.
    Can't wait to hear more of the trip.

Oh, and a question for you. How did you get such a great rate for the rental? Was that regular price or do you get discounted because of being a travel agent? I can never seem to find a reasonable rate.

16. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

Thank you!
    The BC and YC are the perfect location! I hope you get to take a couples trip there!
    Glad you enjoyed Kona too :)

Travel agents don't get special car rental rates although I'd love it if we did!
    The Dis has a lot of threads about deals on car rentals (sorted by month you're traveling) and I began following the Sept one quite awhile ago. Someone posted a code,which I used, and that together with the discount for Alamo Insiders got me the great price. If you rent sign up for Alamo Insiders, it's free and saves $ :thumbsup2

17. LyndsayJ

LyndsayJ Mouseketeer

Just joining in! I'm typically active on the wedding sub-forum and always wondered where the Shades of Green bride (Caitlin) went which led me to you guys' trip report. I got engaged at Shades of Green so I was looking forward to seeing her planning...sounds like everything worked out for her in a much better way though! :thumbsup2

Great deal!:thumbsup2 Love the story about security...I'd be a little freaked out! :lmao:

[​IMG] Club level sounds awesome! I've been looking for details about it since we are staying at Boardwalk club level on our wedding night...I had no idea about the drinks at check-in!!

Wonderful views!!

Thanks for sharing these...our wedding is next month and I'm going a little bonkers thinking about how the constructions may affect our pictures and guests. [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing the tips about rental cars...we have a few guests flying in to Sanford and they assumed Magical Express picks up from there as well...so we're on the hunt for some rental car deals as well!!

Looking forward to reading more! :cool1:

18. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

I hope the tips help and you find some good rates!

19. POLY1985

POLY1985 DIS Veteran

Great tip Dawn - thanks!!!!

20. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

Wow, I just found this today and it's already on page 8?!? I haven't been on the DIS much the last few days so I guess that's why I missed it. You guys had a great room and view at the YC!

Great price on the car, too. I haven't had a rental car there in years, The times I have had a car was because I drove there. I loved my last 2 trips there where I didn't have to drive at all (especially with Magical Express!) I drive a lot for my job (I am a Home Care RN) and my DH doesn't drive (seizure disorder) and that means whenever we go out I have to do all the driving so I consider it part of my vacation that I can go a week and not have to drive at all! :-)

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, hope the drama isn't too bad!

21. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

You're welcome :)