A&CsMom

*shandi*

Earning My Ears
I read a thread where you said you would not recommend the Cumbrian Lakes area. Would you share the reasons why? Do you know anything about Indian Point?

Reason I'm asking is we rented a house in Indian Point for Feb, and was wondering. Now I'm a litle worried....:confused:

Thanks!

I should qualify this by saying this is mine and my husband's opinion, comparing that experience with our previous experience in Davenport.

We found Cumbrian Lakes to be far out, and the road to and from Disney were congested during our stay last year (late April/early May). Everything was what we consider far away, and people were speeding so much on the two lane road (Poinciana) leading to the community that we were almost rear-ended a few times waiting to turn left into the subdivision.

They were, however, working on widening that road, so that will help.

We did not, personally, like the whole 192/Poinciana area. We much preferred the quieter experience we had in Davenport the year before.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your vacation home and after all, you'll be at Disney!:cool1:

We just know that from now on we will avoid renting villas along Poinciana because it's not the location for us.

I'm sorry if what I said concerned you. Everyone is different and you will find out for yourselves once you get there whether it's for you! I'm sure a lot of people enjoy that area, as there are many vacation homes in that area.

Thanks for your reply. The last four years, we had stayed at the same home in Indian Ridge, but the owner rented it out from under me for the same dates we always use, in 2008. So we had to find another one, and let me tell you...I looked at SO many, they all started to look the same.

We probably won't go to Disney this year. We'll be there for two weeks and are not really planning anything specific on this trip other than the usual flea markets and the beach. We're just goint to play it by ear this time.

Again, thanks for your thoughts!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!