A couple of questions...

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
I JUST learned about the talking trash cans from this site. I had no idea they even existed. Where are they, what do they do, how do I find them?

I want to look for hidden Mickeys. Where can I find a good list?

TIA

Our trip is getting closer and I'm still all a-twitter! :hyper:

"Push", the talking trash can, used to hang out in tomorrowland. However, I heard recently that he had moved over to DCA. I'm not exactly sure where to find him over there.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and Push is still hanging out at various locations in Tomorrowland. We saw him around the Star Tours exit area and also next to the Astro Orbitor.

Push, the talking trash can (yes, he does look like a real park trash can), moves around and talks to kids about all sorts of cute and funny things. (Push can hear the children talk, so it's an actual two way conversation going on, and it's sooooo funny to watch because the kids just can't figure out how a trash can can hear them and talk to them!) :rotfl:

Ryan, my 7 year old who's a high funtioning autistic, is just baffled about how in the heck a trash can is able to talk. And then he wonders why the other trash cans aren't talking too. It's pretty funny. :goodvibes

Sorry, but I'm not sure where you can get a list of hidden Mickey's, but you may want to try allearsnet.com. They may have a list.

Have a great time on your trip! :cool1:

I thought the hidden Mickeys were a 50th celebration thing, and that they'd been removed with all the other 50th decorations. Is that not the case?

We didn't take the time to look for them while we were there (we were a bit overwhelmed!), but would be fun to find them on our 2nd trip... :)

ScrapperKimmyD said:
I JUST learned about the talking trash cans from this site. I had no idea they even existed

Where are they, what do they do, how do I find them?

PUSH is a rolling / talking / spinning / music-playing authentic Disneyland Tomorrowland themed trashcan.
He rolls around, spins around, talks to Guests and asks them questions and answers their questions, plays music, sings Happy Birthday to Guests with Birthday stickers, thanks Guests who put trash in him....

The best place most recently to look for PUSH was between the Astro Orbiter and the Plaza Inn restrooms. But he was also previously often found near Pizza Port/the Space Mountain marquee and also near the Buzz Lightyear exit/Star Command shop entrance, when he first arrived at Disneyland.

PUSH was in Tomorrowland for over a year and recently has been said to be 'vacationing at DCA'.
Although I haven't seen him at DCA yet.
Rumor was he supposed to get a new paint job to fit his new theming and be found around Paradise Pier somewhere.

Here is a quick video clip of PUSH & Belle near the Astro Orbiter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPQ6tXP-jaM

I want to look for hidden Mickeys. Where can I find a good list?

TIA

Our trip is getting closer and I'm still all a-twitter! :hyper:

Try hiddenmickeys.org :)

The 50th Mickey's were special the 18 month anniversary celebration. They are not "hidden mickey's".

Hidden Mickey's are little touches that the Imagineers add to rides and attractions for fun. Usually in the shape of the classic Mickey (round head with 2 ears) but can be profiles of Mickey as well.

A couple of the most obvious ones are:
In the Haunted Mansion dining room, check out the place settings. One of them is always set like a Mickey's head. (Note that this is not a true hidden Mickey as it was not envisioned by the imagineers, but rather by cast members) There is only 1 true hidden Mickey on the Haunted Mansion.
Another one is on Big Thunder Mountain. There's a set of gear wheels that form a Mickey head laying on the ground.
There's one on Soarin. When you're flying over the golf course, watch the golf ball (Michael Eisner is the golfer) that comes straight at you. It has a Mickey head on it, but you have to watch closely.

There are scores of others all around DL and DCA. There's even been a book written about them although it is more concentrated on WDW.

Alex2kMommy said:
I thought the hidden Mickeys were a 50th celebration thing, and that they'd been removed with all the other 50th decorations. Is that not the case?

The 50th Anniversary Golden (semi-) Hidden Mickeys were only up for the 50th, and all of them are gone..
But there are 100's, if not 1000's of (truly hidden, and hard to find) Hidden Mickeys all over both parks, and the hotels and resort grounds. :wizard:

We were there on Oct 20-24 and saw Push a couple of times between the plaza inn and the astro ride. He was such fun, my dd had a great time with him. But why do all the small boys have to kick him (and why don't their parents stop them??????????)

Hiddenmickeys.org does have a lot listed, but it is sometimes hard to plow through. It's mostly people posting of what they have seen, with others either confirming or discounting whether or not it is a hidden mickey.

Another site I found recently is hiddenmickeysguide.com. It does not have as many listed for Disneyland, but it did have some that I had not known about before. It also has pictures so you know a little better what you are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter