A Couple BWV Questions

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Does anyone know when the DVC Sales Office will be removed to create villas 1001-1010? These rooms are listed on the resort map (it lists "1001-1014" so I assume 1012/1014 are current villas with no 1013 since Big River Grille would be there).

Also, when will all the studios get the coffee tables? Anyone have a picture of the new coffee table?

And, finally, are any of the BW pools open 24 hours? For some reason, I remember the sign saying that they closed at a certain time.

Thanks! ;)

The odd numbers face the boardwalk, the even numbers in that area would face the swan/dolphin. 1001 to 1014 was on the map I have from over a year ago, so I don't think it indicates anything about the new rooms.

There never were rooms 1001-1010, were there? I'm pretty sure 1001-1003-1005-1007-1009 is the welcome center & a model 2BR, and 1002-1004-1006-1008-1010 are VWL/BCV/SSR models & offices (I remember going into an office during our DVC sales presentation, but I can't remember exactly where it was in there).

I'm just curious as to why they've had 1001-1014 listed as room #'s for the past couple years.

Now, when I was there a couple weeks ago, it appeared that they had a DVC Kiosk set up where 1001 would be. Would they continue to have this there instead of a villa?

To answer your question in reference to when the pools close, all WDW pools close at 10:00 pm each night. I suspect b/c there are guest rooms near each of the pools,and WDW felt that 10:00 pm was a fair time to stop the potential noise from the pool for those guests.

;00 was a fair time.

For some reason, I remember the GF quiet pool being open 24 hours. And, while I'm not sure what time it closes, in January, we had a courtyard view at WL, and there was noise coming from people in the pool well past 1AM. Kinda makes you wonder!

The slide always closes when the lifeguards leave for the day. The time varies with the season.

We were told that it is possible to use the pools 24 hours a day as long as you are quiet and do not disturb other guests (which means as long as no one complains, I guess, LOL).

I have seen CMs ask people to leave later in the evening - and deservedly so because they were very noisy. It was near midnight and we were enjoying the hot tub.

Best wishes -

Originally posted by CarolMN
The slide always closes when the lifeguards leave for the day. The time varies with the season.

We were told that it is possible to use the pools 24 hours a day as long as you are quiet and do not disturb other guests (which means as long as no one complains, I guess, LOL).

I have seen CMs ask people to leave later in the evening - and deservedly so because they were very noisy. It was near midnight and we were enjoying the hot tub.

Best wishes -

Thank you, Carol! You are always so helpful! ;)

I remember last year when 20K or more points were made available to members at Boardwalk (and we purchased an add-on there and at BCV) that there was a "rumor" that the sales office at BWV was going away. I couldn't believe that they would part with such a prime sales area. Not as many folks walk by or into the BCV model. So it must really have been a rumor because when we were there in April I noted that the Boardwalk sales office was busier than ever selling Saratoga units. It's a great location. Guest rooms there would have to live with quite a bit of noise.....

I went to the new sales office at SSR, and it is beautiful inside. Much nicer, IMHO, than the one at BWV was. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter