A Complaint to Disney

Like many of you I have become increasingly disappointed with the cutbacks Disney has made, so I have decided to write a letter to them. I would really like it if you could tell me an email to send it to and give me advice on how the letter is. I am very unexperienced with this as I am only 13 :) anyway the letter is below, thankyouu:

To whom it may concern,
I would like to express my concern and confusion on the recent decline of entertainment at your theme parks. Whilst I appreciate we are currently in a difficult economy, I am confident that the huge amount of money your company makes is sufficient enough to maintain your previously great standards. I am a loyal and avid Disney fan, but the cutbacks which have plagued the parks in the past year, such as the removal of characters from Liberty Tree Tavern whilst continuing to serve dinner at the same price, the drastic decrease in characters in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, and the demolition of Pleasure Island, to just name a few, have severely reduced my enjoyment of the theme parks. Although I shall be returning later on this year, with each trip becoming less pleasurable I am unsure if I will continue to holiday at Walt Disney World in the future. It is a great shame that a company which prides itself on their customer service has apparently become solely interested in making money. In my opinion, this is in stark contrast to the spirit of the company and what Walt Disney intended. I would very much appreciate it if you could reply to my letter, as I would genuinely like to know your thoughts on the situation, and I have spent my time giving you this feedback. Additionally, I must stress that although the tone of this letter is undoubtedly negative, it is not intended to be a complaint but rather an indication of how a large portion of your customers are feeling right now. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours Sincerely, ....

I didn't realize at first that you put your age in the post and I def. thought you were an adult from reading the letter. You express yourself very well and maturely for only being 13 years old.

Unfortunatly Disney is in a hard place right now. If they continue providing everything exactly the same while they are losing money they could eventually go bankrupt. I would rather see the cutbacks now and the company survive then Disney not be there in the future. I do understand the frustration however at seeing the declining magic.

A common misconception. Disney is not losing money, it is merely making less than it was (ie its profits have lowered).

A common misconception. Disney is not losing money, it is merely making less than it was (ie its profits have lowered).

I was just about to post that. Remember, the cuts they are making are in hopes of increasing the margins so profits can stay up with last year. If Iger loses too much money his job is in danger.

I was just about to post that. Remember, the cuts they are making are in hopes of increasing the margins so profits can stay up with last year. If Iger loses too much money his job is in danger.
Iger's not the only one. Not to mention that probably all of us who are holding Disney stock would kind of prefer that the margins increase an the profits go up too. I know that I would very much prefer that Disney makes more money this quarter than last. I'm not buying the stock as a write-off, after all!

:earsboy:

I have subscribed to this thread. When you hear back, would you please post here what the response was? popcorn::

Like many of you I have become increasingly disappointed with the cutbacks Disney has made, so I have decided to write a letter to them. I would really like it if you could tell me an email to send it to and give me advice on how the letter is. I am very unexperienced with this as I am only 13 :) anyway the letter is below, thankyouu:

To whom it may concern,
I would like to express my concern and confusion on the recent decline of entertainment at your theme parks. Whilst I appreciate we are currently in a difficult economy, I am confident that the huge amount of money your company makes is sufficient enough to maintain your previously great standards. I am a loyal and avid Disney fan, but the cutbacks which have plagued the parks in the past year, such as the removal of characters from Liberty Tree Tavern whilst continuing to serve dinner at the same price, the drastic decrease in characters in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, and the demolition of Pleasure Island, to just name a few, have severely reduced my enjoyment of the theme parks. Although I shall be returning later on this year, with each trip becoming less pleasurable I am unsure if I will continue to holiday at Walt Disney World in the future. It is a great shame that a company which prides itself on their customer service has apparently become solely interested in making money. In my opinion, this is in stark contrast to the spirit of the company and what Walt Disney intended. I would very much appreciate it if you could reply to my letter, as I would genuinely like to know your thoughts on the situation, and I have spent my time giving you this feedback. Additionally, I must stress that although the tone of this letter is undoubtedly negative, it is not intended to be a complaint but rather an indication of how a large portion of your customers are feeling right now. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours Sincerely, ....

Very well written letter:thumbsup2

But, your 13 how does pleasure island closing effect you?

OP, I think you did an excellent job, send the letter as it is, include your age and info to them

as for pleasure island, just because it doesn;t directly effect the poster doesn;t mean they don;t realize it has happened.

it is part of a very obvious change and not a very positive one..did disney really need another mall of souvenir stores?

I think, its a great observation that cut backs made like at Ltt didn;t result in a lowering of food price, just a lowering of entertainment value

I think the OP got the point across..they understand changes have to be made to surivive economic times, but at the same time, they don;t want to see Disney become just another common theme park only obsessed with money and not realizing it's the people..the guests who made the park what it is, and that it is those guests one must support to the best of the company's ability

I would buy into this point of view except for this. I read a lot of posts where people complain about parades, shows, parties and other extras being cut. Go back 5 yrs. 10 yrs. 15 yrs., etc...Many of these things didn't exist to the extent they did a yr. ago or in some cases even exist at all. So is Disney really cutting out the magic or just cutting out some of the expenses that provide little to no measurable profit during these tough ecomomic times.

Secondly, I believe it is imperative that Disney keep attendance up. While I don't like long waits, I also don't like a ghost town. To me, WDW would be depressing to go thru if there were no bustle of activity. Furthermore, since times are tough across the nation and world, the best thing WDW can do to stay above board financially is to generate foot traffic. Without parks being full, they surely would lose money. If people are spending less, they have to get more people, a simple numbers game. Besides, how many of us end up spending more than our original budget once we get there. i know we are usually guilty of that, hence foot traffic is critical.

i don't begrudge WDW for cutbacks that they are implimenting to maintain the bottom line or even increase profitability. Disney is a for profit company, they have to maintain and grow profit. The only thing i would be critical of is if the quality of service from CM's dropped, meaning they became rude or unresponsive.

I will not argue with you (ofcourse) on the WHY they are doing it (for the $$ ofcourse)- the reason why is not arguable. However, I don't think it's a valid point to bring up how things were 5-10yrs ago- because hello... tickets/etc. cost less then too! They've upped the prices consistently since then! LOL

Anyway my point is that they are cutting back on people, cutting back on things that shorten the lines (ie: fantasmic, parades, characters throughout the parks, etc.) AND also making discounts for the resorts, free dining, 4/3, etc.- and that is obviously leading to very crowded parks and very long lines- and we're paying more now than we did 10-15yrs ago (well y'all- I wasn't going then but you know what I mean LOL)

I just don't follow that reasoning to say hey that's stuff they didn't have 5-10-15yrs ago so it's okay to take them out now. No it's not- not unless they are going to bring down the cost of resorts, tickets, food, etc. back to the prices it was back then! To cut out parades, fantasmic, characters, and CM's yet still charge the same means I'm getting less for my money- and longer lines/crowded parks to boot! That's not cool in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter