A Celebration Trip Full of Surprises - May 2015 PTR (New 9/15 - New TR Link!)

Wow...what an update! You have so many great plans and I'm so excited for you both!! BOG and California Grill...yay!!! Great FP+ choices too!!! Hopefully it won't be too nuts with SWW going on. There's so many things that can have an effect on crowds. I just found out a band is playing at Epcot the day we are planning to go...but I've never heard of them so hopefully it won't be nuts as a result...a girl can with..(it's probably more likely that I'm just not up on current bands lol) Anyway...Congrats to the graduate!! She couldn't have a better gift coming!!

I will be sure to record her reaction on video (not so much for this reveal, but so she doesn’t wonder what’s going on when I tape the other reveals!).

Good idea!

We’ll be heading out around 6:00 and taking a bus to MK for our first ADR of the trip! We have a reservation at the last Hoop Dee Doo Revue show of the evening at 8:30.

Yahoo!! What a fun way to kick off the trip.

We’ll definitely be getting ice cream. :thumbsup2

Good choice ;) I want to eat here one day.

The great thing about going to Universal and staying onsite is you hardly have to do any planning. :thumbsup2

The bad thing about going to Universal and staying onsite is you can hardly do any planning. :mad:

:rotfl2:

If you can’t tell, I’m REALLY, REALLY, REALLY excited about spending lots of time with my pal, Harry. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I would be too! I hope you hit it all!

I’d love to reveal the surprise to her by driving up to the hotel and state that we’re checking in, but I’d REALLY love to get her reaction on video.

Yes, definitely get it on video. It's your duty as a DISer :rotfl:

As noted by our Fastpasses and our dinner ADR, our afternoon plans are set - we’ll be kicking off our first Disney park day with a visit to Epcot, our traditional first park! It is a little strange to be going to our “traditional first park” on day five of the vacation! :laughing:

That's a sign of a fantastically long vacation!

Our last night in the Grand Floridian should be lovely no matter what we find to do. The best part is once we wake up in the morning... it will be Anika's birthday! :flower:

You are such a sweet sister.

183_zps6wwetqkb.jpg

That is amazing!

After a few hours break, we’ll go to our dinner reservation at the fabulous California Grill.

Yum....I'd love to eat there one day too.

I think we’ll probably head back to the resort after dinner, but I’m willing to go back to Magic Kingdom or head over to Epcot if Anika wants to. It is her birthday, after all. :cake:

The sacrifices we make for our loved ones...

We’ll get up bright and early today for STAR WARS WEEKENDS! :darth:

Fun!!

Nothing says “happy birthday” like waking up at your favorite resort in Disney World, am I right?

That is Disney period is superb. At your fav resort, well that's just icing right there.

Wow, a very full morning at MK, but do not miss Festival of Fantasy. Do Not.

We may or may not stay for Wishes. :eek:

I do not like that. :snooty:

Ooof. Not going to lie. Just reading all your plans makes me tired. :faint: But they sure sound great!

just five days to go! :scared:

Wrong emoji. Needs to be more excited.

Nothing says “happy birthday” like waking up at your favorite resort in Disney World, am I right?

You are correct.

as well as some Pooh’s Puffed French Toast

I keep reading that as Pooh's Puffed Prench Poast

and perhaps It’s a Small World.

Or not.

Definitely not.

We’ll get up bright and early today for STAR WARS WEEKENDS!

Nice!

All the plans are sounding really good! :goodvibes

Probably. It isn't like I know from experience. :rolleyes:

I don't know that I'll ever get that experience... I think I may die of heat stroke if I visit Disney World in July. :faint: I suppose I could celebrate a half birthday or something, but that just wouldn't be the same.

Jungle Cruise. There aren't many uncles who don't appreciate some good (or bad) puns.

Jungle Cruise is DEFINATLEY on the list! I'd like to ride it in the afternoon so Wade has a chance to see everything. :thumbsup2

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll take any and all good luck wishes! :goodvibes

I can see that. It would definitely be an odd angle. Not that I've ever seen it from there to say from experience though...

I saw it back in 2012 and it just wasn't my favorite. The views of Magic Kingdom and the area are spectacular, though, so I'd recommend going out on the balconies even if you don't stay for the fireworks. ::yes::

Great plan! Hopefully you'll be able to do that easily.

I think it should work out even if the crowds are a bit heavier. I'm hoping SWW at Hollywood Studios and the EMH at AK the following day will mean a slightly less busy day at AK when we're there.

That's a good idea. That should work out really well for you.

The more I think about it, the more I'm considering pushing out that Fastpass. I don't think we'll need a Fastpass for the first Lion King show.

No Kali River Rapids?

We're planning on riding it on our second Animal Kingdom day. My uncle's hearing aids don't mesh well with a drenching water ride. :scared:

Or are you just going to save yourself the trouble of waiting in line and jump in the pool fully clothed back at the resort? :rotfl:

:rotfl: I may come close some days - have you seen how darn hot it is down there?!

I would have to assume the fact that you can make ADR's for lunch and breakfast now has taken some of the pressure off the system to book the dinner ADRs. :confused3

Perhaps. I still see complaints over on the dining boards (although right now, ADR scheduling would be running into free dining periods), so maybe I was just lucky? Either way, I'll take it! :thumbsup2

Or, scratch the earlier comment about JC. It is a little more fun after dark. :thumbsup2

We'll definitely plan to ride it at least once in the dark!

Um... define "reasonable." :rotfl:

Yes, normally my reasonable is not anyone else's reasonable! :rotfl2: In this case, I'd like us walking out of the park before the second MSEP starts. That should put us back at Riverside by 11:30 and give us nearly seven hours of sleep. :-)

I think that would be awesome to see!!! Of all the SWW stuff they have, the storm troopers show just seems like a great way to set the tone for the day.

I completely agree.

I'm sure he will. Everybody loves it!

I certainly hope so!

I really hope you like it!!! It is my favorite resort! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear it! I've heard nothing but good things, so I'm excited to finally see it in person. :D

That would be a fun show to see. I like that idea!

I think it's a solid idea. I hope I can convince Anika to do it!

Wow...what an update! You have so many great plans and I'm so excited for you both!! BOG and California Grill...yay!!! Great FP+ choices too!!! Hopefully it won't be too nuts with SWW going on. There's so many things that can have an effect on crowds. I just found out a band is playing at Epcot the day we are planning to go...but I've never heard of them so hopefully it won't be nuts as a result...a girl can with..(it's probably more likely that I'm just not up on current bands lol) Anyway...Congrats to the graduate!! She couldn't have a better gift coming!!

There will be a few more mega updates - there's a lot to get through before we go!

I'm so happy that I got both ADRs. We loved both of them in the past and I can't wait to try them again. :goodvibes

I hope my Fastpass choices are good - we'll have to see once we're there!

Thank you on Anika's behalf! I think she's pretty excited about her gift. :hyper:

Good idea!

Always thinking over here... :scratchin

Yahoo!! What a fun way to kick off the trip.

I think it should be great! I've always wanted to see it!

Good choice ;) I want to eat here one day.

I'm super excited to finally be giving it a try. :woohoo:

::yes:: (I'm glad you appreciated my humor. :-) )

I would be too! I hope you hit it all!

Don't worry, we will!

Yes, definitely get it on video. It's your duty as a DISer :rotfl:

I'm going to get it partially on video... don't worry - plenty of excitement will be captured! :D

That's a sign of a fantastically long vacation!

So true.

You are such a sweet sister.

I try. :blush:

That is amazing!

Isn't it awesome?! I was really impressed.

Yum....I'd love to eat there one day too.

I can't speak post-refurbishment, but we loved it several years ago. I hope it's still great!

The sacrifices we make for our loved ones...

I know... more time in Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Such a sacrifice. ;)

The closer we get the more excited I am about it!

That is Disney period is superb. At your fav resort, well that's just icing right there.

I think it should be pretty close to perfect. :cloud9:

Wow, a very full morning at MK, but do not miss Festival of Fantasy. Do Not.

Duly noted.

I do not like that. :snooty:

I knew you wouldn't be a fan, but trust me, we'll see Wishes multiple times. I even plan to see it twice while Wade is with us! :laughing:

Ooof. Not going to lie. Just reading all your plans makes me tired. :faint: But they sure sound great!

That's why we take those afternoon breaks - otherwise it's just a bit too much! I'm also trying to get us back to the resort at a semi-reasonable time most evenings. I want to make sure we don't burn out too quickly!

Loved the party pictures....congrats to Anika!!

Thank you! I will be sure to pass along your good wishes!

Wrong emoji. Needs to be more excited.

Trust me, when my to-do list gets shorter, my excitement will grow. ::yes:: I want to make sure I get plenty of sleep this week so I don't start the trip exhausted!

You are correct.

:thumbsup2

I keep reading that as Pooh's Puffed Prench Poast

It is quite a mouthful, isn't it?

Or not.

Definitely not.

I know not everyone's a fan, but we try and ride it once each trip. It's going to be done today as Wade has never seen it and I feel it must be experienced at least once.

Nice!

All the plans are sounding really good! :goodvibes

I think SWW should be a hoot. :chewy:

Thank you! I hope it all comes together!

Alas poor Wade, we hardly knew you.

:rotfl2:

So, a big Small World fan, huh? ;)

HOLY MOLY! That is a lot to deal with but I might look into using orbitz and UT for when I plan my sisters only trip in a year or two. Thanks for all the details!

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in!

Truth be told, Orbitz was actually pretty easy. Calling Orbitz to add the room requests was annoying (but probably didn't take a whole lot more time than calling Disney to add requests). The real pain in the rear was adding my uncle to the reservation, but as it sounds like you will have a straightforward reservation you shouldn't have those issues. Based on my experience thus far, I'd recommend booking with Orbitz.

Undercover Tourist, on the other hand, was a breeze the whole way through. Highly, highly recommended. :thumbsup2

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Day 10
Monday, June 1st

A few more things were checked off the to-do list today! I completed the last of my errands (I think! :laughing: ), bought my remaining toiletries and miscellaneous items, purchased a ton of disposable ponchos, and switched out a few clothing purchases. Nearly all of my toiletry items are ready to go – I filled and refilled a bunch of mini containers and have a huge collection of stuff sitting on my spare bathroom counter.

Another thing I cross off the list today was clipping our Magic Bands. Anika and I must have the smallest wrists ever – we could easily wear the punched out band designed for small children. :rotfl: I found it very easy to clip off the top of the gray end, trace the contour where we wanted the band to end, and then using a strong scissor to cut along the traced line. Minus a few extra snips, the ends seemed quite smooth and they should be all set! :thumbsup2

Next up are our plans for the tenth day!

ADRs for the Day:
Kona Café, 8:30am
Raglan Road, 7:00pm

Today is waterpark day #1! :yay: We’re starting our day with a hearty breakfast at Kona Café – we really enjoyed our breakfast here in 2013 and are excited to eat here again. Anika asked point-blank if we were eating here, so I did confirm this one. ;) She can’t wait to have another Tonga Toast, although she really liked the Macadamia nut pancakes, too. I’m unsure if I’ll reorder the pancakes or try the Samoan this time. Either way, there will definitely be a glass of Lilikoi juice and a pressed pot of coffee involved. ::yes::

After breakfast we’ll be heading to Blizzard Beach! I remember being really aggravated with the waterpark bus in 2013 so we may spring for a cab. Either way, I’d like to get there before park opening at 10:00.

First on the list after renting a locker and towels shouldn’t be a shock – Summit Plummet, here we come! :woohoo: As I noted earlier, this slide is AWESOME and will be our first attraction of the day (as the line builds up fast!). We’ll try a few more slides, and perhaps join another family on the family raft slide this time. We’ll certainly take at least one tour of the lazy river and I’d also love to go into the wave pool this time.

We weren’t blown away by the lunch choices last time (Anika had an okay burger and I had an equally okay hot dog), so I’m going to pack a cooler with our lunch. I found a great fabric cooler today that should be easy to pack. We’ll put together some sandwiches, chips, and other snacks, and just grab some water from a counter service spot. One thing we absolutely WILL be buying in the park is an order of those delectable mini donuts – YUM! :goodvibes

Before heading out, we may take advantage of the close proximity and play a round of mini golf at Winter Summerland. We should be a heck of a lot less tired this time, so we have a good shot! (Good shot? :laughing: ;) )

We’ll return to Riverside to change clothes and freshen up and then head to the boat docks to catch a boat to Downtown Disney. First on the agenda is venturing over to the West Side to try out Disney Quest. I’m excited to finally see what that building has to offer! I also think it may be the best time to go as we’ll get out of the hot afternoon sun and the crowds should be pretty low.

Once we’ve had our fill of video games we’ll head over to the Marketplace to do a little shopping. I’m excited to see the Disney Co-op, as well our usual favorites like the Christmas Shoppe and World of Disney. We’ll probably go into a few additional shops as well – I know Anika is interested in checking out Basin and I love wandering through Once Upon a Toy.

Dinner tonight is a new restaurant to us – we attempted to eat at Raglan Road in 2012 but switched it up at the last minute. I’m super excited to try a few appetizers and few desserts. I also hope to get a good view of the dancing – isn’t that the point of a dinner reservation instead of a lunch reservation? :dance3:

Once we’re wrapped up with dinner, we’ll visit any additional stores and do some additional wandering. Goofy's Candy Company and their make your own treat station will certainly be visited. This will be the most time we’ve ever spent in Downtown Disney and I’m looking forward to taking advantage of it. I’d also like to make sure we check out the new spots, such as the Boathouse. We’ll also try to use our Characters in Flight Groupon sometime today if we missed it the previous Sunday.

We’ll head back to Riverside via boat once we’ve had our fill of Downtown Disney. I think we will manage to squeeze a lot of fun things into our “off” day from the parks. :thumbsup2

Up Next: Day 11 Plans

Day 11
Tuesday, June 2nd

ADR’s of the Day:
Tusker House, 8:00am
Sanaa, 12:15pm
Boma, 6:00pm

Fastpass+ Attractions:
Expedition Everest, 10:35 – 11:35am
Festival of the Lion King, 1:30 – 1:50pm
Kali River Rapids, 2:30 – 3:30pm

Today will be our second Animal Kingdom day of the trip. We really like Animal Kingdom and always spend nearly a full day here, but due to our longer trip I wanted to make sure we gave it even more attention. I’d love to see all three shows this trip, and splitting our time over two days will make that goal easier! ::yes::

Breakfast this morning is a favorite for us - the pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker House! The food here is delicious and the characters are fun. It’s also very nice to walk into an empty Animal Kingdom. This park has a peaceful vibe that just can't be found in the other parks. :goodvibes

After spending time with Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy, we’ll head to Kilimanjaro Safari next door. I may swap our Festival of the Lion King Fastpass for a safari Fastpass if we’d like a more leisurely breakfast. We’ll go to Expedition Everest next if the line isn’t too bad. I may move up our Fastpass time a bit if I need to. We’ll then head down to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur and any of the Dinoland rides that strike our fancy.

I’d love to see the 11:00 Finding Nemo show – I think it should have pretty short lines and it would be a nice break in the air conditioning. After Nemo we’ll head out of the park for our resort lunch.

I am SO, SO excited about our lunch at Sanaa! :banana: I would’ve loved to have eaten here in 2013 but I just wouldn’t find a place to squeeze it in. This was definitely a must-do restaurant for me this trip. I can’t wait to try the bread and dips and I figure Anika and I will split that along with a meal. I can’t wait to see the other section of Animal Kingdom Lodge – we’ve never been to Kidani Village!

Once we’ve finished our lunch we’ll head back to Animal Kingdom. I would love another ride on Everest and we’ll make time to see Flights of Wonder. We’ll also use our Kali Fastpass, which should be welcome on a hot day. We haven’t ridden Kail since 2005 so I think we’re due! :D

We’ll probably wrap up our day shortly after Kali River Rapids, but we’ll have plenty of time to fit in any other attractions we’re interested in. My plan after the park is to spend the next few hours at my favorite resort, the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I’m looking forward to watching the animals on the savannah (as well as my beloved flamingos! :lovestruc ) and sitting in the beautiful lobby. I’d love to get a pre-dinner drink at the Victoria Falls Lounge. I would’ve done this when we stayed there in 2012, but it felt odd to bring a 15 year old with me. Although Anika still can’t have a drink, I don’t think anyone would bat an eye at the two of us sitting there. :rolleyes:

Dinner tonight is another new-for-us restaurant, Boma! As I mentioned previously, I gave Anika a choice of where she wanted to eat at the Lodge. She voted for Boma as we’d already tried Jiko. I can live with logic like that! I’m excited to try the soup (and I don’t even like soup! :laughing: ) as well as the meats and salads. Of course, I’m very excited about the expansive dessert selection! :hyper:

Once our dinner has digested and we’ve had our fill of the Lodge, we’ll catch a bus to our resort via a theme park or grab a cab. I’m really looking forward to our second Animal Kingdom day and a chance to see both sections of my Animal Kingdom Lodge. It should be a semi-relaxing but very full day!

Up Next for 2015: Day 12 Plans

I completed the last of my errands (I think! :laughing: ),

Nope. You still have more.

I just know.

purchased a ton of disposable ponchos,

And hired a semi to drive them all down to Disney.

We should be a heck of a lot less tired this time, so we have a good shot! (Good shot? :laughing: ;) )

<groan> :sad2:

First on the agenda is venturing over to the West Side to try out Disney Quest.

I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to do that. I/we never have enough time for it.

Dinner tonight is a new restaurant to us

I've heard a lot of good things about Raglan Road.

We’ll probably wrap up our day shortly after Kali River Rapids

Well sure. What with being soaking wet and all...

Dinner tonight is another new-for-us restaurant, Boma!

I hope you'll have a better experience and as good an experience as I did.
Better - DW and both DDs turned their noses up at... everything. Except the kid's mac 'n cheese. :sad2:
As Good - Zebra domes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're planning on riding it on our second Animal Kingdom day. My uncle's hearing aids don't mesh well with a drenching water ride. :scared:
Oh yeah... forgot that detail.

We should be a heck of a lot less tired this time, so we have a good shot! (Good shot? :laughing: ;) )
WAKA-WAKA-FONZIE.jpg

Dinner tonight is a new restaurant to us – we attempted to eat at Raglan Road in 2012 but switched it up at the last minute. I’m super excited to try a few appetizers and few desserts. I also hope to get a good view of the dancing – isn’t that the point of a dinner reservation instead of a lunch reservation? :dance3:
Looks like a fun evening! I've heard some great things about Raglan Road. I'd like to check it out myself sometime, but just haven't had a good opportunity to do so.

We’ll probably wrap up our day shortly after Kali River Rapids, but we’ll have plenty of time to fit in any other attractions we’re interested in. My plan after the park is to spend the next few hours at my favorite resort, the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I’m looking forward to watching the animals on the savannah (as well as my beloved flamingos! :lovestruc ) and sitting in the beautiful lobby. I’d love to get a pre-dinner drink at the Victoria Falls Lounge. I would’ve done this when we stayed there in 2012, but it felt odd to bring a 15 year old with me. Although Anika still can’t have a drink, I don’t think anyone would bat an eye at the two of us sitting there. :rolleyes:
I don't think that would be a problem at all. She could have a drink... just not a good one. :rotfl2:

Once our dinner has digested and we’ve had our fill of the Lodge, we’ll catch a bus to our resort via a theme park or grab a cab. I’m really looking forward to our second Animal Kingdom day and a chance to see both sections of my Animal Kingdom Lodge. It should be a semi-relaxing but very full day!
Definitely should be a fun day. Some good rides and a couple of meals at your favorite resort. Not bad at all!

Wow...more awesome plans!! Three cheers for Raglan Road!! I am excited for you for that one ...since I'm planning a dinner there in October too...we also went for lunch last time and now want to see some of the dancing at night too. Also, the appetizers do sound delish...I will probably have a couple of those instead of an entree. You are lucky to have time to be able to spread out your time at AK and not have to rush around. And a whole waterpark day....that will be nice and relaxing...other than Summit Plummet lol Also, Boma and Sanaa all in one day...fantastic!!!

OMG I never subbed to your PTR??? I'm so sorry, and now you're going to Disney in like 3 days and I'm just getting here! I'm going to read the whole thing and then I'll be back to comment!

(Although I'm never going to remember all of it, lol, but I'm making the effort! :rotfl:)

Nope. You still have more.

I just know.

It's always possible, but I'm darn close. :laughing:

And hired a semi to drive them all down to Disney.

:rotfl: Actually, they're pretty lightweight so we should be okay. ::yes::

I couldn't resist. ;)

I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to do that. I/we never have enough time for it.

I'm definitely making it a priority on the agenda - I've wanted to go in there the past few trips.

I've heard a lot of good things about Raglan Road.

Me, too! I hope it lives up to the hype. :goodvibes

Well sure. What with being soaking wet and all...

It's a very strategic plan.

I hope you'll have a better experience and as good an experience as I did.
Better - DW and both DDs turned their noses up at... everything. Except the kid's mac 'n cheese. :sad2:
As Good - Zebra domes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will hope for the good. :thumbsup2

Oh yeah... forgot that detail.

That's okay - I've thrown so much on here lately it's easy to forget a small detail.

YOU INCLUDED A PICTURE OF FOZZIE BEAR!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! :love:

Looks like a fun evening! I've heard some great things about Raglan Road. I'd like to check it out myself sometime, but just haven't had a good opportunity to do so.

It will be nice to have more time at Downtown Disney, for sure. I'm really excited about Raglan Road! :D

I don't think that would be a problem at all. She could have a drink... just not a good one. :rotfl2:

True. ::yes::

Definitely should be a fun day. Some good rides and a couple of meals at your favorite resort. Not bad at all!

It should be a very good day. :cloud9:

Wow...more awesome plans!! Three cheers for Raglan Road!! I am excited for you for that one ...since I'm planning a dinner there in October too...we also went for lunch last time and now want to see some of the dancing at night too. Also, the appetizers do sound delish...I will probably have a couple of those instead of an entree. You are lucky to have time to be able to spread out your time at AK and not have to rush around. And a whole waterpark day....that will be nice and relaxing...other than Summit Plummet lol Also, Boma and Sanaa all in one day...fantastic!!!

I'm absolutely planning on a dinner of appetizers (and dessert!).

I think it will be nice to be able to see everything at Animal Kingdom. I feel like we never give that park enough time. I'm VERY excited about trying both Boma and Sanna - I've heard such great things about both of them! :-)

I'm glad we'll have plenty of time to enjoy the waterparks, too. :cloud9:

OMG I never subbed to your PTR??? I'm so sorry, and now you're going to Disney in like 3 days and I'm just getting here! I'm going to read the whole thing and then I'll be back to comment!

(Although I'm never going to remember all of it, lol, but I'm making the effort! :rotfl:)

:welcome: Jen! Thanks for joining in (right in the nick of time! ;) ).

Feel free to take your time reading - you'll be all ready to go for the trip report when I get back! :thumbsup2

Day 12
Wednesday, June 3rd

A few more things were crossed off the list today! I called Disney Dining to confirm celebrations are noted for the ADRs around Anika’s birthday, as well as confirming the reservation number for our Disney Tour. I also called the Disney Cake Hotline to order a Glass Slipper Dessert during for our California Grill dinner. :yay: I’ve always wanted to try one of those and thought Anika’s birthday would be the perfect opportunity. They should be including “Happy Birthday Anika” on the rim of the plate – I spelled out her name for them, so I hope they copied it correctly. :scared:

A question for those of you that have used Memory Maker – they sent me a card to use, but can’t we just scan our Magic Bands? Do they send the card just in case we wouldn’t have bands? I’ll bring the card with us (it’s not like it will take up much room), but I want to make sure we aren’t required to use it.

On a final humorous note, my mom reported that Anika saw a commercial for Universal Studios on TV last night and was so disappointed. She said she wishes we were able to go to Universal while we’re in Orlando since we’re so close – she’d love to see Diagon Alley. When my mom asked why she assumed we weren’t going (dangerous and gutsy move, Mom!), Anika told her I said there was no way as it would be too expensive.

:lmao:

Do I have her well-fooled or what?! :thumbsup2

Now for a few more days of plans!

ADRs for the Day:
Sci-Fi Dine-In, 12:20pm
La Hacienda de San Angel, 7:30pm

Fastpass+ Attractions:
Toy Story Midway Mania, 11:15am – 12:15pm
Star Tours, 1:25 – 2:25pm
Tower of Terror, 2:25 – 3:35pm

We’re heading back to Hollywood Studios today for another round of our favorite rides! :hyper: It is an extra magic hours day at the Studios today so we’ll grab breakfast from the resort. Our plan (as always :D ) is to arrive before opening and then head straight for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. We’ll then ride whatever we feel like (The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours are both likely) before our first Fastpass of the day at Toy Story Midway Mania.

Lunch at a new place for us today – one of Anika’s must-do’s, Sci-Fi Dine-In! It appears from a recent dining post that they’ve removed the buffalo chicken appetizer, so I may end up getting a burger. I’m quite sure that’s what Anika will order. We’ll also probably split a milkshake (we need to compare it to the 50’s milkshake due to trip reporting duties, after all! ::yes:: ). I’m really excited to see the inside of this restaurant – it looks so cool from the pictures!

We’ll ride few more things before departing for our usual afternoon break, including using our Fastpasses for Start Tours and the Tower of Terror. I’d also like to try the drawing class in the Art of Animation building as we’ve never tried it before.

After our break we’ll be heading to Epcot for dinner. We may try and pick up a fourth Fastpass if it’s available, otherwise we’ll tour the World Showcase countries. Dinner this evening is at La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico. We ate here in 2013 and LOVED our meal – everything we ate was excellent. :lovestruc I’d love another bowl of the corn chowder and I’ll probably try another margarita. We’re looking forward to catching Illuminations from inside the restaurant – we’ve seen the show multiple times around the lagoon so it will be fun to do something different. Once the show is done we’ll head out for the night. It will be nice to get home at a semi-reasonable time!

Up Next for 2015: Day 13 Plans

Day 13
Thursday, June 4th

ADRs of the Day:
Whispering Canyon Café, 8:25am
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package, 5:30pm

Fastpass+ Attractions:
Star Tours, 4:50 – 5:50pm
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, 7:35 – 8:35pm
Tower of Terror, 9:00 – 10:00pm

Today will be our second waterpark day! :beach: We’ll start with a tasty breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café, yet another new-to-us restaurant. I have my eye on the banana French toast, but we’ll see what sounds best that morning. Once we wrap up breakfast, we’ll hop on a bus or grab a cab to Typhoon Lagoon.

Near the top of the priority list at Typhoon Lagoon is Crush ‘n Gusher, the water coaster. I’m sure we’ll try out several more slides as well, and I may go into the shark reef if the line isn’t too crazy. Anika apparently has no interest in the shark reef (which I don’t understand as she’s a far stronger swimmer than I am!). :fish:

We’ll pack another lunch today, but we’ll also keep room for that sundae in a bucket. :thumbsup2 I believe they have those mini-donuts here as well, so we may just have to get another order here.

After a bit more time in the waterpark and a likely spin or two around the lazy river, we’ll make our way back to Riverside to clean up for the evening. We’re heading back to Hollywood Studios for a night of a few headliners and Fantasmic!

We’ll need to get on Star Tours near the beginning of our window to give us enough time to check in for dinner. If we don’t have enough time we can skip it.

I’m excited about trying the Brown Derby again. We ate here in 2012 and while we had excellent food we had a horrible server. :mad: I’m hoping for a much more pleasant experience this time. I’m mostly looking forward to those dessert trios! :-)

After dinner, we’ll use our Fastpass for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster before heading into the amphitheater (no weak stomachs over here! :laughing: ). Although we’ll still go to the amphitheater in plenty of time, it will be nice to not worry about getting a decent seat. This is our first time using the Fastasmic package and I’m rather looking forward to it!

We’ll enjoy watching Mickey defeat the villains and then follow that up with a drop on our Tower of Terror which will be right on the way after exiting. I’m rather proud of how I rigged our Fastpasses for this evening! :thumbsup2 If time permits, we may do another drop on the Tower of Terror or hurry over to Pixar Place for another round of Toy Story Midway Mania. Either way, it should be a great way to end the night!

Up Next for 2015: Day 14 Plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter