A Celebration Trip Full of Surprises - May 2015 PTR (New 9/15 - New TR Link!)

I cannot wait to read all about your big reveals to Anika (by the way, totally had the pronunciation of her name right this whole time :thumbsup2)!!! She's really going to be in for some MAJOR surprises!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yay for the great deal on your rental! :thumbsup2

I haven't been over to the Dark Side since 1997! :scared1: One day I'd like to rectify that ::yes:: So definitely looking forward to a TR from you! :goodvibes (You are doing one, right?!)

Hi there! I've seen you around and thought I'd pop in and follow along if that's okay.
I'm not a huge PTR fan, but this is the place to be to get that all important link to the TR!
Plus I can get to know you a bit, too.
I just read (well.... maybe skimmed some) through the rest of your PTR and....
whoa... that sounds like one amazing trip you've got planned!

So... I am now officially stalking you I guess.

I can definitely understand the desire to pick up the car in Disney. I haven't rented for a couple trips now (well, one hasn't actually happened yet), but I am really surprised about the high rates. One thing I could always count on was insanely low rental rates. Like last Sept, I paid $138 total for EIGHT DAYS!! Really glad to hear they softened finally.

Oh I can't wait for you to see the new Potter section AND the Express. But the MUMMY!!!!! Still my fav. And OMG, I haven't done it in years and only actually one time, but the Makup Up Show is Fantastic!!

Krusty Burger!!!!! Just because.

I have no doubt you are going to LOVE having express AND being so close. This will be huge for when you're there. For sure.

I think you covered most of the attractions, and with express, you're pretty much covered. I haven't had a ton of food there, but one thing I considered but didn't have... A giant Lard Lad donut in Springfield.

I cannot wait to read all about your big reveals to Anika (by the way, totally had the pronunciation of her name right this whole time :thumbsup2)!!! She's really going to be in for some MAJOR surprises!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yay for the great deal on your rental! :thumbsup2

I haven't been over to the Dark Side since 1997! :scared1: One day I'd like to rectify that ::yes:: So definitely looking forward to a TR from you! :goodvibes (You are doing one, right?!)

I can't wait to see her reactions! :hyper: (And I'm impressed that you knew how to pronounce her name!) :-)

I was so relieved that the rates finally dropped! ::yes::

I am absolutely doing a trip report! After all of this build up, can you imagine the people that would come after me with flaming sticks if I didn't do one?! :rotfl:

Hi there! I've seen you around and thought I'd pop in and follow along if that's okay.
I'm not a huge PTR fan, but this is the place to be to get that all important link to the TR!
Plus I can get to know you a bit, too.
I just read (well.... maybe skimmed some) through the rest of your PTR and....
whoa... that sounds like one amazing trip you've got planned!

So... I am now officially stalking you I guess.

:welcome: The good news is that you only have to endure ten more days of PTR! :thumbsup2

I'm super excited about our trip (and getting more and more excited by the day! :banana:

I can definitely understand the desire to pick up the car in Disney. I haven't rented for a couple trips now (well, one hasn't actually happened yet), but I am really surprised about the high rates. One thing I could always count on was insanely low rental rates. Like last Sept, I paid $138 total for EIGHT DAYS!! Really glad to hear they softened finally.

Oh I can't wait for you to see the new Potter section AND the Express. But the MUMMY!!!!! Still my fav. And OMG, I haven't done it in years and only actually one time, but the Makup Up Show is Fantastic!!

Krusty Burger!!!!! Just because.

I have no doubt you are going to LOVE having express AND being so close. This will be huge for when you're there. For sure.

I think you covered most of the attractions, and with express, you're pretty much covered. I haven't had a ton of food there, but one thing I considered but didn't have... A giant Lard Lad donut in Springfield.

I couldn't believe the rates I was finding - aren't Florida rental rates supposed to be awesome? :confused3 I did find some better rates at the airport, but I really wanted a car from the Car Care Center. I'm glad it all worked out!

You're the second person that's said the Makeup Show is great. I think we'll really enjoy it! In addition to Potter, I'm sure we'll ride the Mummy several times as we really enjoyed it last time. We love any kind of thrill ride! :thumbsup2

I'm SO excited to try a Krusty Burger!

With the exception of the waterpark mini donuts, I'm actually not a big donut fan... however, Anika may be game for the Lard Land donut. :teeth:

Wow...amazing universal plans!! And way to go on snagging a good rental car deal!! So if the rental car place is on Disney property...do they have transportation to and from there as well? I hadn't even considered renting a car...but perhaps for a longer trip, and definitely one where the dark side is involved...I would do it lol. Love all the time you will be spending with Harry :) I would LOVE to do that too and have the time to take in all the detail at the shops and restaurants. Annika will be so happy!! (as would anyone LOL)

Wow...amazing universal plans!! And way to go on snagging a good rental car deal!! So if the rental car place is on Disney property...do they have transportation to and from there as well? I hadn't even considered renting a car...but perhaps for a longer trip, and definitely one where the dark side is involved...I would do it lol. Love all the time you will be spending with Harry :) I would LOVE to do that too and have the time to take in all the detail at the shops and restaurants. Annika will be so happy!! (as would anyone LOL)

I was so relieved that those rates finally dropped - I was pretty bugged at the prospect of paying almost $100 more in order to rent the car from the Car Care Center. :mad:

I love and ADORE the Disney Car Care Center and highly, highly recommend renting from them! :cloud9: Yes, they do have a shuttle and will pick you up prior to your rental and drop you off after your rental anywhere on Disney property. I usually take a taxi over there so I don't have to wait, but I have used the shuttle post-rental. They took me to the Grand Floridian so I could catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom!

There will be LOTS of time with Harry. :lovestruc I can't WAIT to see Diagon Alley and spend more time in Hogsmeade. I think Anika will be pretty thrilled! :yay:

:woohoo: Uh... er... I mean, Oh, that's too bad. But happy for you that it's coming soon.

Yeah. That's what I meant.

:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Yes, I'm sure that's what you meant. ;)

Sleep? Who Needs Sleep?!
2013 Trip Report – Part V

After staying out until almost two in the morning, walking up for our water park day was a little painful. :faint:

Despite the pain, we were determined to visit Blizzard Beach and try Summit Plummet. We knew the line would only get more insane as the day went along so we loaded up on coffee and headed off to the waterpark:

697_zpskrembpu0.jpg

Once we arrived about ten minutes after opening, we rented a locker, dumped our stuff, and made our way to the insanity that is Summit Plummet:

694_zpsosny6oob.jpg

I will tell you that it is a little intimidating to sit at the top of the slide and look straight down. The slide is aptly named as it really is a plummet!

The ride down, however, is exhilarating. :worship: It is seriously the best waterslide I’ve ever been on, period. As long as you don’t have an extreme fear of heights, it is something that you absolutely must try sometime.

We rode on a few more slides, such as the Downhill Double Dipper and the Snow Stormers. I don’t remember which (I think it was the Snow Stormers?), but one of them was so bumpy that it gave Anika a bloody nose. :eek: I couldn’t believe the “extreme slide” was smooth as butter while the “less exciting slide” was the crazy one. We took that as a sign to take a break from the slides and make our way into the lazy river, Cross Country Creek:

691_zpsypoo3slz.jpg

We also ate lunch at the waterpark – I believe Anika ate a burger and I had a hot dog. Neither meal was very spectacular. What was spectacular were the mini donuts – I don’t even LIKE donuts and these were just to-die-for awesome. Along with Summit Plummet, these were the highlight of our time at the waterpark. :goodvibes

We did one more lap of the lazy river and then called it a day at the waterpark.

As mentioned in the planning posts, we LOVED Blizzard Beach. It is an excellent waterpark and its feature slide is beyond phenomenal. It will be great to return there this year!

We returned to the hotel to change and catch a quick nap before making our way to the Grand Floridian.

It was tea time!

712_zpsdlmdwshf.jpg

We did afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian during our 2012 trip and LOVED it. The tea had changed a bit from our previous experience, as we now were required to order a package rather than a la carte. With our package, we each got a selection of tea sandwiches:

720_zpsrreob6ct.jpg

A biscuit and a jam tart:

723_zpspifcke1b.jpg

And we each got the strawberries and cream:

725_zpsr3zcsetg.jpg

I was a little disappointed that we didn’t get the usual version with the flat whipped cream layer and the Grand Floridian logo, but I suppose on the plus side we got more whipped cream.

We also both ordered tea, and I got a glass of champagne:

718_zpsusbkpxaa.jpg

After our relaxing tea, we made our way to Hollywood Studios with plans to see Fantasmic.

Our first attraction of the evening was my beloved Muppets:

740_zpsi6vb78ej.jpg
736_zpsjwluadqg.jpg

Anika stopped on our way to our next attraction to enjoy her favorite Disney snack, a Mickey Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwich:

745_zpsbveidu3u.jpg

The snack break was followed by a trip on Star Tours:

754_zpsyt9p5kps.jpg

And a walk through One Man’s Dream:

758_zpsrgtndrlz.jpg
764_zps0eogz2fo.jpg

768_zpsejnmtlfi.jpg
767_zpspblvporm.jpg

By that point, we were still an hour away from Fantasmic but we were just done. Our lack of sleep had caught up to us and Anika was especially grumpy. We decided our best plan was to head back to the room and see Fantasmic the following night. We very happily returned to the room and went straight to sleep!

Up Next for 2013: A Re-arranged Hollywood Studios Day

How Many Times Can We Ride Tower of Terror?
2013 Trip Report – Part VI

Refreshed and revitalized after a full night of sleep, we took a taxi to our early morning destination:

773_zps6kjjslu2.jpg

The lobby has a lot of neat touches, from the model of the roller coaster:

775_zpsnxrogpu2.jpg

To the creepy chair:

776_zpsn6813mzs.jpg

Okay, perhaps the chair isn't neat, but it certainly is unique. :P

The location of our breakfast is no longer there, but I’m so glad we had an opportunity to try Kouzzina before it closed!

777_zps9yy0bvgn.jpg

It was practically a ghost town in there, so we had plenty of attention from our awesome server. I thought the décor in the restaurant was very cool:

784_zpsnd9uchdr.jpg

Along with a delicious pressed pot of coffee, Anika ordered the Blueberry Granola Pancakes with bacon:

781_zpszladwvnr.jpg

And I ordered the Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Scrambled Eggs with bacon. I substituted the Sweet Potato Hash for the breakfast potatoes:

780_zpsgcvajzns.jpg

Let me tell you – I was crushed when I heard this restaurant was closing because our breakfast was DELICIOUS. It was right up there with Kona Café in terms of its awesomeness. Anika and I both loved it. :cloud9:

Our fabulous server even brought a birthday cupcake for Anika:

782_zpsanwxv0sf.jpg

After we finished breakfast, we walked on the path from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios.

788_zpsxor1u56u.jpg

I thought the path was a lovely way to get to the Studios:

791_zpsmfkpgiri.jpg
798_zpswrjhhgsj.jpg

Anika, meanwhile, felt like the path never ended and was not at all pleased that we walked. :mad: From the timestamps on my pictures, the walk was a very pleasant 15 minutes, so really not bad at all. I promised Anika that next time we would take a cab.

We arrived at the Studios just before opening and made our way directly to our favorite attractions. I believe Rock n Roller Coaster was down (that’s the only reason I can think of that we skipped it as our first attraction), so we went on our Tower of Terror first:

809_zpsu9vqactm.jpg

Followed by Anika’s Great Movie Ride:

811_zpsjrigc6g8.jpg

Another ride on Star Tours:

864_zpsqfcoqcyb.jpg

And another Muppet experience:

874_zpszgi3kpkb.jpg

I don’t know that I’ve ever noticed that Gonzo hangs off the Muppet’s clock!

886_zpsejh7qewe.jpg

We also made our way over to Pixar Place where Anika hugged a not-so-friendly bear:

891_zpsel9a8zgs.jpg

And we took our first ride of the day on Toy Story Midway Mania:

894_zpsguesaqti.jpg

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

Lunch was at our Hollywood Studios staple, 50’s Prime Time Café:

922_zpsfuv6zegj.jpg

We split a Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake (very splitable, as their milkshakes are HUGE) as well as an order of Beer Battered Onion Rings:

916_zpszbn85dzm.jpg

We also split an order of A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes (including fried chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf with mashed potatoes):

918_zps5j54ltpv.jpg

This was the perfect amount of food for us! Last time we ate here, we were overwhelmed with two shakes, the onion rings, and two entrees. This plan worked especially well as Anika loves the fried chicken and I love the pot roast. Our sharing plan worked great! :thumbsup2

Anika looked at the viewfinder for the dessert options (although we didn’t order any :eek: ):

919_zpsgjhrxsp9.jpg

Our server was pretty slim on the antics, but he did deliver a fire-tastic birthday cupcake for Anika:

920_zpslpkdloih.jpg

After lunch, we went for another ride on Star Tours and then wandered around the Hall of Fame Courtyard.

I know many people pose for pictures with Walt, but Anika thought it was most fitting that I pose with this lady:

928_zpsxuxzh7kd.jpg

I love and adore Murder, She Wrote – I own all 12 seasons on DVD and have seen all of them multiple times. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few from my generation that even watched this show, let alone someone that considers it one of her favorite shows of all time. Angela Lansbury rocks! :thumbsup2

We headed out for the afternoon for a few hours of relaxation at the resort, but headed back around 5:00. After dinner at Studio Catering Company (their Greek Salad is GREAT!) and a cookie for each of us (carrot cake for me, iced Mickey for Anika), we used Fastpasses we’d strategically collected upon entering and those collected earlier that day.

First up (no shock here!) was a drop on the Tower of Terror:

995_zpsyvysan3a.jpg

Followed by a ride with Aerosmith:

934_zpsn2iwywlp.jpg

And another drop on the Tower of Terror:

989_zps4zkvzngd.jpg
991_zpsktgns58l.jpg

I don’t remember how on earth we rode these back to back with so little wait. We must have had Fastpasses for all of them, as we rode all three in less than an hour according to the timestamps on my pictures. We were on fire that day!

We also had another Fastpass for this:

1012_zps41mvkg7o.jpg

Toy Story Mania, take two!

(I was seriously a Fastpass- champion. I don't think a day like this is possible with Fastpass+. :confused3 )

We went on the Great Movie Ride again for Anika and then made our way into the theatre for Fantasmic:

1069_zpsjhttatkn.jpg

We actually had pretty good seats!

1071_zpsm3rczuml.jpg

We sat back and enjoyed Fantasmic so I don’t have any pictures of the show. It was great to see it again after a six-year period (it was under refurbishment during our 2012 trip).

I took a few nighttime shots around Hollywood Studios:

1079_zpslfvcncl1.jpg
1087_zpsrlobxsrw.jpg

We ended our evening with Anika building her lightsaber:

1105_zpsywf7pneg.jpg

Anika may be a SMIDGE excited about attending Star Wars Weekends this year... :hyper:

It was another successful (and much more well-rested) Disney day!

Up Next for 2015: Happy Birthday?

Day 5
Wednesday, May 27th

ADRs for the Day:
Via Napoli, 7:00pm

Fastpass+ Attractions:
Spaceship Earth, 11:35am – 12:35pm
Soarin’, 2:15 – 3:15pm
Mission Space, 3:15 – 4:15pm

It’s Grand Floridian Day! :yay:

I haven't decided whether to reveal this surprise to Anika this morning or the evening before. The morning of would make sense, but I also want to give her the opportunity to leave Universal early in case she wants to rush right over there. :teleport:

I’d love to reveal the surprise to her by driving up to the hotel and state that we’re checking in, but I’d REALLY love to get her reaction on video. It should be priceless! The result of the video need likely results in resort envelope #3 (I still need to MAKE all those envelopes for all these reveals! :scared: ).

Once we pack up the car and say goodbye to Harry, we’ll head over to the Magic Kingdom resort area. I still can’t BELIVE we’re staying there!

Once we arrive at the Grand Floridian, I’m planning on having Anika speak to the front desk and check us in. It is her resort, after all. :cloud9: I’m sure our room won’t be ready, so we’ll stash our bags and figure out what to do with our morning.

As noted by our Fastpasses and our dinner ADR, our afternoon plans are set - we’ll be kicking off our first Disney park day with a visit to Epcot, our traditional first park! It is a little strange to be going to our “traditional first park” on day five of the vacation! :laughing:

As for our morning plans, we have a few options. :scratchin We're right next to Magic Kingdom, so it may be fun to enjoy a few attractions there before heading over to Epcot. We could enjoy a cinnamon roll from Gaston's or enjoy our first Starbucks coffee on Disney property. :thumbsup2 We may also want to go to Epcot first thing, hitting a few headliners at rope drop and going over to Sunshine Seasons or the French bakery for breakfast. We may also want to grab breakfast from a Grand Floridian restaurant and soak up some of the resort atmosphere before heading to the park.

I would like to be in Epcot to enjoy our first official Fastpass+. We're kicking it off right with a ride on Spaceship Earth!

After we’ve listened to Dame Judi Dench and perhaps experienced another attraction, I’m planning to grab lunch. We’ll either make a last-minute ADR at a World Showcase restaurant (perhaps at Biergarten or Chefs de France?) or grab a quick service lunch from any place that strikes our fancy.

We’ll spend our afternoon exploring World Showcase, using our Soarin’ and Mission Space Fastpasses, and possibly hitting the single rider line for Test Track. :car: I would also love to grab my avocado margarita and enjoy some chips and salsa in La Cava this afternoon. It would be a great place to get out of the heat and sun!

If we arrive at Epcot at lunchtime, we may spend the entire afternoon in the park. If we choose to come first thing in the morning instead, we’ll probably head back to Grand Floridian to check out our room and enjoy the resort for a few hours before heading back for dinner.

Dinner is at our FAVORITE Disney World restaurant, Via Napoli! :worship: This is seriously one of the best restaurants in the World, and if you haven’t tried it yet you absolutely MUST put it on your list. We’ll definitely be ordering an individual pepperoni pizza and an order of zeppole. We’ll likely get an appetizer, another individual pizza, or a pasta dish to supplement the rest of our order. I can’t wait for another meal here! :hyper:

As we have plans to see it later in the week, we may or may not stay for Illuminations. If the crowds aren’t bad and we can get a decent spot with little wait we’ll probably watch it for a bit. :-)

Once we wrap up our evening at Epcot, we’d head back to the Grand Floridian for our first night in style! :cool1:

Up Next for 2015: Day 6 Plans

Last edited:
I haven't decided whether to reveal this surprise to Anika this morning or the evening before. The morning of would make sense, but I also want to give her the opportunity to leave Universal early in case she wants to rush right over there. :teleport:

My vote's for morning reveal.

I’m sure our room won’t be ready, so we’ll stash our bags and figure out what to do with our morning.

I hear there's a theme park nearby.

Dinner is at our FAVORITE Disney World restaurant, Via Napoli! :worship:

I keep hearing so many good things about it. I must get there next time.

if you haven’t tried it yet you absolutely MUST put it on your list.

It is! It is!

Dance Party!

We're interrupting our regularly scheduled programing for this very important announcement:

IT'S SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TIME!!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

party:party:party:party:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Nine more days, baby! :goofy:

The great thing about going to Universal and staying onsite is you hardly have to do any planning. :thumbsup2

The bad thing about going to Universal and staying onsite is you can hardly do any planning. :mad:

The Universal portion of our trip is driving my OCD crazy.
I kind of like that though. I mean, the planning is done... You know you're hitting the Harry Potter stuff first thing in the morning. Then it's just a matter of deciding between clockwise or counter-clockwise and waving that Express Pass around.

Now I guess if you want to be OCD planner, you could put together an elaborate plan to jump from say, Men in Black to Spiderman in an elaborate park hopping scheme.

I’m planning on arriving at the gates before early entry both days. The ideal scenario is if they open both parks early and we can do one each day, but I don’t think that happens very often. The other ideal scenario is if one park opens one day and the other park opens the next day. If the early entry park is the same both days, I’ll play the second day by ear.
Yuck. Yeah, being this close to the trip and not having that information is frustrating.

If you can’t tell, I’m REALLY, REALLY, REALLY excited about spending lots of time with my pal, Harry. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I hadn't noticed. :rolleyes1

Food-wise, I’m pretty open to eating anywhere with three exceptions: we absolutely must eat at the Leaky Cauldron, the Three Broomsticks, and the Simpsons food court. I don’t care if it’s for lunch or dinner – all of these are absolute must-do’s. I haven’t decided what I’m going to eat from the Simpsons area yet, although I’m leaning heavily toward a Krusty Burger.
Sounds like a good plan. I think I'd have to go to the Simpsons area for a Krusty Burger and a Duff.

Can I just say how weird it is to not have two days of planned ADRs? :upsidedow
Weird... and kind of nice to, in a way. I like the planning, but I also like to just decide I'm hungry for ____ , and decide where to go then and there. That option is pretty limited at WDW.

If any of you know of other attractions, experiences, or food (it is us, after all!) that we need to add in to our Universal experience, please let me know!
I think you've got a good plan. I always like to eat at Margaritaville there... although it is pretty much a chain place and nothing special. I just like their burgers and the vibe of the place.

Also, it isn't very Anika friendly, but if you find yourself walking around City Walk, stop by the window at Pat O'Brien's and get a hurricane to go. They're very good. And very strong.

We rode on a few more slides, such as the Downhill Double Dipper and the Snow Stormers. I don’t remember which (I think it was the Snow Stormers?), but one of them was so bumpy that it gave Anika a bloody nose. :eek:
:scared1: Wow! That's crazy!

What was spectacular were the mini donuts – I don’t even LIKE donuts and these were just to-die-for awesome.
mmm-donuts_o_3232475.jpg

Our first attraction of the evening was my beloved Muppets:
Always a good one!

By that point, we were still an hour away from Fantasmic but we were just done. Our lack of sleep had caught up to us and Anika was especially grumpy. We decided our best plan was to head back to the room and see Fantasmic the following night.
That stinks. I totally get it, but it is never fun to hit that wall.

The lobby has a lot of neat touches, from the model of the roller coaster:
Cool! I've never seen that before. At least I don't think I have... :confused3

Let me tell you – I was crushed when I heard this restaurant was closing because our breakfast was DELICIOUS. It was right up there with Kona Café in terms of its awesomeness. Anika and I both loved it. :cloud9:
I'm sorry. I've never been there, but I've heard great things about the breakfast there. Maybe they just didn't do the other meals as well? :confused3

I don’t know that I’ve ever noticed that Gonzo hangs off the Muppet’s clock!
I don't think I have either! That's the cool thing about that whole area. So many fun sight gags basically hidden in plain view.

Our server was pretty slim on the antics, but he did deliver a fire-tastic birthday cupcake for Anika:
Wow! What kind of candle was that???

I love and adore Murder, She Wrote – I own all 12 seasons on DVD and have seen all of them multiple times. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few from my generation that even watched this show, let alone someone that considers it one of her favorite shows of all time. Angela Lansbury rocks! :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: Ok, I've seen it. I remember my parents watched it when I was growing up. But it has been years since I've seen it. I don't even hardly remember what exactly the show was.

Followed by a ride with Aerosmith:
:thumbsup2

I don’t remember how on earth we rode these back to back with so little wait. We must have had Fastpasses for all of them, as we rode all three in less than an hour according to the timestamps on my pictures. We were on fire that day!

We also had another Fastpass for this:
FP or not, you guys really did an awesome job of getting plenty of rides on the headliners. I'm impressed. I would be thrilled with getting multiple rides on ToT, Star Tours and TSMM in the same day.

(I was seriously a Fastpass- champion. I don't think a day like this is possible with Fastpass+. :confused3 )
You're right. It sadly isn't. This is one of my biggest knocks on it. Although, unless you really went hardcore and did a lot of FP running before, it is an insignificant change to most.

It’s Grand Floridian Day! :yay:

Morning of!

I’d love to reveal the surprise to her by driving up to the hotel and state that we’re checking in, but I’d REALLY love to get her reaction on video. It should be priceless! The result of the video need likely results in resort envelope #3 (I still need to MAKE all those envelopes for all these reveals! :scared: ).
Ok. I'm excited about the surprises. And I'd love to see video of her reaction. But I LOVE the idea of just rolling up to the hotel and just seeing when she puts it all together. I think it would be worth the sacrifice of not being able to get it on video to do the more impactful reveal on this one.

Dinner is at our FAVORITE Disney World restaurant, Via Napoli! :worship:
You've got great taste. :thumbsup2

We’ll definitely be ordering an individual pepperoni pizza and an order of zeppole. We’ll likely get an appetizer, another individual pizza, or a pasta dish to supplement the rest of our order. I can’t wait for another meal here! :hyper:
Individual pizzas? You mean mezzo metro, right? :rolleyes1

We're interrupting our regularly scheduled programing for this very important announcement:

IT'S SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TIME!!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

party:party:party:party:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Nine more days, baby! :goofy:
:jumping1: :thumbsup2 Awesome! It's coming up fast now!

I'm SO excited to hear about how this part of the "reveal" goes!! She is gonna be so thrilled to be staying at GF...I know I would be!! BTW I loved Murder She Wrote too...there's never been another show quite like it! I was a little surprised by your pic of the strawberries and cream at the GF tea...weird that they didn't do the flat whipped cream with the GF logo on it? I know you got more whipped cream...but it sorta looks like they got lazy?? Who knows..I'm sure it tasted great all the same lol.

I always called it "Murder, she croaked"...I thought it was more appropriate, in a Tom_Swifty kind of way. And I could never figure out why Jessica Fletcher ever got invited anywhere. I mean, every time she ever went to a class reunion or a conference or something, somebody ended up dead! After a while, you start to notice a common denominator, know what I mean? ;)

I don’t remember which (I think it was the Snow Stormers?), but one of them was so bumpy that it gave Anika a bloody nose. :eek:

WOW!!!

Well of course the mini donuts would be the highlight of a water park Jenny. Just common sense.

I was just going to ask about the whipped cream as I remember there being the logo. I guess maybe too many people didn't want to eat it because it was just too pretty.

To the creepy chair:

776_zpsn6813mzs.jpg

Ugh that chair. Honestly, who thought that was a good idea?

I love the walk from the Boardwalk to MGM especially when you get to that point where it comes into view.

The morning of would make sense, but I also want to give her the opportunity to leave Universal early in case she wants to rush right over there. :teleport:

Are we taking bets?

Oh my goodness, your food pics are once again making me STARVING!! Lol! And those doughnuts at Blizard Beach... omg yes! Those are totally worth the trip to the water park! lol!

But more importantly, Jenny... Have you seen this??! New Muppets Show Trailer !! Eric & I are stoked!

First off... SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Yikes, I remember Summit Plummet... and I remember not going on it! I was last there in 1997 which must have made me 15 - I'll use that as my excuse for wimping out. :rotfl2:I just remember seeing the slide and thinking "this sure looks like it's straight down!" :rotfl:

Wow, you and Anika remind me so much of me and my youngest sister. I love that you went to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Me and Ashley have got to do that sometime! About a year ago, on my last trip to England to visit her, we went to Betty's which is a really well-known tea house in York. I think the Grand Flo got it right on the money! Here's what we had... and yours appears to be very similar.
100_2549.JPG

I haven't ever taken the path to HS from the Boardwalk... but I've always wanted to. I guess in the past I've always been of the mindset that I need to save my feet during that journey :laughing:

You've shared previously that Anika loves the GMR just like me... and I think I believe it now! :rotfl:

WOOHOO again for Single Digits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter