• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

Hey Miss D - I have been MIA for a little bit - had a nasty bout with the flu the weekend before last, starting on Friday, and am trying to get my energy back and this cough gone. I haven't had the flu in about 15 years and it was horrible. Hope Allison is feeling better; I know how being tired can make you not feel well. I have been so tired I haven't even wanted to look at the Boards, ha ha. Glad I wasn't too far behind.

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day - do you take you sandwich fixings or your burger fixings out of the bun when you go out to eat? I tried that a couple of weeks ago with a burger and it just wasn't very tasty. Don't be too hard on yourself about how you cooked and what food you gave the kids years past. I look back and shudder as well. Lots of Doritos and chips and cookies and white bread. Yikes! And my dinners were not that great shakes either. I am finding it so hard to cook healthier dinners, but it seems like I get in such a rut with the same old same old.

Look the WDW updates and the pics. Cannot wait to see your PTR start with your graduation trip with Allison - that is going to be so much fun to tag along! You have quite a vacation/travel schedule this year and the next. Looking forward to it all.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well - he has a birthday next month doesn't he?

So sad to hear about the poor doggies - I cannot stand irresponsible pet owners - and that lady friend takes the cake at accusing Josh and your family of stealing the dogs - wow - words cannot describe these people.

Looking forward to your MK pics and updates! Have a beautiful week!

BTW - I saw your bags on Facebook - they are amazing as usual!

And another BTW - I cannot figure out these new boards - there used to be a Search feature within a thread - I have now lost your blog link and cannot search through the thread - any help?

Hugs and prayers - Carol

Hi D~, getting caught up again after being gone.

Sounds like you had a nice afternoon at Epcot. I actually tried the Napoleon in October. I did like it although I really prefer something chocolate.

Did you know that Mary Poppins never has a PP photographer with her? It has something to do with the author's rights.

The whole situation you guys had to go through with those dogs made me sad. Unfortunately I get to see stuff like that on a daily basis at our local shelter. It never ceases to amaze me as to how cruel humans can be to animals. Of course they can be just as cruel to each other so I'm not sure why it surprises me. I do hope the owners take better care of them now that the sheriff is involved.

How great that Alli is doing so much better.
Poor dogs. It's a shame that there are no laws to protect the dogs from the horrible owners.
How weired that the Steakhouse didn't have steak on the menu. I'm so sad to hear that the waitress was so rude.
How kind of you to practice driving with Olivia. How did the driving go?

It hasn't snowed today, but they say it's going to snow again on Wednesday.

So glad you got the dogs to safety. Just know you are doing the right thing for the dog(s). As for the "owners", they certainly seem interesting.
Adorable picture of Gus and Alli. Glad to see Alli is feeling better and started working again. Hope Olivia's driving went well for her.
Hope V is feeling better. This weekend I decided to give my bathroom a mini makeover: new shower curtain and accessories. I liked the way it turned out. Getting the bug to paint, re-do a few things, and re-organize. Can't you tell I am getting cabin fever?? The weekends are the worst, as we get snow EVERY weekend for the past few weeks.
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Loved your last update. Could you please pick out my Disney clothes for me because you just have the cutest outfits?

I love all the PP you got with your DD and with your friends.

Seems that you really tricked a few people with the Beverly. :crazy:

I've been to those restrooms before. I think they are really well hidden. They took us there when I did one of the segway tours or I probably never would have found them.

HI! Just started reading your TR today and I am loving every second of it! The adventures you and your family/friends went on look like so much fun! And I realized halfway through your TR that our trips this past august overlapped! :) And I can confirm, it was HOT, very hot!

I love you bags!!!!!!! They are so beautiful! Is there anywhere on line that you happen to sell them? I would be very interested in buying one!

Thanks for all the fun so far, can't wait to read more!

-Alison:tinker:

I think that you and Josh are doing as much as you can do for those dogs. Maybe the owners will begin to take better care of them now that you have gotten the sheriff involved. It is such a sad and frustrating situation.

The restaurants are very crowded here for Valentine's Day, too. At least you had a chance to get away from home for dinner. We went out to dinner Friday night when it was a lot less crowded.

I know... I am hoping the same thing. It's such a sad situation. I did see the little girl dog yesterday - the owner's son had her out on a leash/rope - I was happy to see that.

We should have done that. LOL I hope you had a nice night out.

I'm not sure what else you could have done legally about the dogs. Now though, the sheriff is aware of the problems with these owners and if the dogs are found running again, the sheriff may just take them to the no-kill shelter. The fact that they are not licensed, that they were missing for a week????, and that they are allowed to run all over creation are definitely issues for the sheriff to address.

I spent yesterday in downtown Baltimore volunteering for the Cupid's Undie Run. My dd Kate is the race director for the run, which is a fun run - about a mile through the inner harbor area of Baltimore. The runners run in their underwear. It was a warm 30 degrees at run time yesterday, but the wind made it feel a lot colder, especially down by the water. I, meanwhile, was in a nice sheltered area, though still outdoors, doing volunteer check in and bag check - and had a wonderful time. Here is a link to the story in the newspapers.

I Hope so too... It's just so sad.

I loved your Undie Run photos from last year! And I loved the article this year! Such a fun thing! It seems like you have such a good time doing this.

Hey Miss D - I have been MIA for a little bit - had a nasty bout with the flu the weekend before last, starting on Friday, and am trying to get my energy back and this cough gone. I haven't had the flu in about 15 years and it was horrible. Hope Allison is feeling better; I know how being tired can make you not feel well. I have been so tired I haven't even wanted to look at the Boards, ha ha. Glad I wasn't too far behind.

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day - do you take you sandwich fixings or your burger fixings out of the bun when you go out to eat? I tried that a couple of weeks ago with a burger and it just wasn't very tasty. Don't be too hard on yourself about how you cooked and what food you gave the kids years past. I look back and shudder as well. Lots of Doritos and chips and cookies and white bread. Yikes! And my dinners were not that great shakes either. I am finding it so hard to cook healthier dinners, but it seems like I get in such a rut with the same old same old.

Look the WDW updates and the pics. Cannot wait to see your PTR start with your graduation trip with Allison - that is going to be so much fun to tag along! You have quite a vacation/travel schedule this year and the next. Looking forward to it all.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well - he has a birthday next month doesn't he?

So sad to hear about the poor doggies - I cannot stand irresponsible pet owners - and that lady friend takes the cake at accusing Josh and your family of stealing the dogs - wow - words cannot describe these people.

Looking forward to your MK pics and updates! Have a beautiful week!

BTW - I saw your bags on Facebook - they are amazing as usual!

And another BTW - I cannot figure out these new boards - there used to be a Search feature within a thread - I have now lost your blog link and cannot search through the thread - any help?

Hugs and prayers - Carol

Hi Carol! Sorry you had the flu - I sure hope you are feeling better now. It's so hard to recover sometimes.

Yes - I do take all of my fixings out of the bun when we are out to eat... Sometimes I take one bite with the bun though... I did that this time, and I really regretted it... I could immediately taste that they used oil to toast the bun and it was rancid. It was so nasty. IMO - the insides are the best part anyways. :lovestruc

I am doign pretty good with healthy dinners... Especially since Alli is trying to gravitate towards eating in a Primal way. I hope she is able to stick with it, at least most of the time. I totally understand that it's hard for her at her age.

I know... I really need to start saving for that trip... I have to get my airfare for Maine first... Then I will book Disney. We are supposed to do Mt. Rushmore this summer - but Josh isn't sure he has enough vacation... Which would be a relief to me, because it's one less trip I'd have to try to pay for this year. We can always take the family when we have grand children. :)

Thanks - it's been such a struggle tryiing to do what is right for them. Still praying we did the right thing.

Thanks! I am hoping to do a few more updates this week.

Thanks! Glad you liked them.

Yes... My blog is linked right in my siggy at the bottom of each post I make. :D

It was great to see you Carol!! Feel better!

Hi D~, getting caught up again after being gone.

Sounds like you had a nice afternoon at Epcot. I actually tried the Napoleon in October. I did like it although I really prefer something chocolate.

Did you know that Mary Poppins never has a PP photographer with her? It has something to do with the author's rights.

The whole situation you guys had to go through with those dogs made me sad. Unfortunately I get to see stuff like that on a daily basis at our local shelter. It never ceases to amaze me as to how cruel humans can be to animals. Of course they can be just as cruel to each other so I'm not sure why it surprises me. I do hope the owners take better care of them now that the sheriff is involved.

Hi Ariana!!! Thanks for stopping by - It looks like you had a great time in FL... I am so glad we are FB friends, because then I don't feel like I miss out on so much.

That's interesting about MP - I always wondered about that.

I know you see that sort of thing all the time - it's so sad. I wish there was more that we could do.

How great that Alli is doing so much better.
Poor dogs. It's a shame that there are no laws to protect the dogs from the horrible owners.
How weired that the Steakhouse didn't have steak on the menu. I'm so sad to hear that the waitress was so rude.
How kind of you to practice driving with Olivia. How did the driving go?

It hasn't snowed today, but they say it's going to snow again on Wednesday.

Yes - I am happy she is doing better too.

I know - it's awful!

The driving went very well... I was very nervous at first and wondered what I got myself into. She had a total of 115 minutes when we started, and I added another 170 minutes to her log, so we more than doubled her driving time in one day. She was much more confident after that - and she is continuing to drive with her mom at home. I just think she really needed that time on these back roads to get used to the vehicle and how it handles. I hope to get her down here again, one more time for sure.

Good luck with the snow... Stay warm!

So glad you got the dogs to safety. Just know you are doing the right thing for the dog(s). As for the "owners", they certainly seem interesting.
Adorable picture of Gus and Alli. Glad to see Alli is feeling better and started working again. Hope Olivia's driving went well for her.
Hope V is feeling better. This weekend I decided to give my bathroom a mini makeover: new shower curtain and accessories. I liked the way it turned out. Getting the bug to paint, re-do a few things, and re-organize. Can't you tell I am getting cabin fever?? The weekends are the worst, as we get snow EVERY weekend for the past few weeks.
Hope everyone has a great day!!

I hope we did the right thing. It's so hard, and the laws don't make it easy for us.

Thanks... I do think they are so cute together.

Olivia's driving went well... I updated in my reply to Lillian above.

Yay for mini-makeovers... Sometimes that's really all we need to do. I sitll need to paint my kitchen. I need to crack the whip on that project.

I have cabin fever too - and we don't have the snow you have... Seriously looking forward to spring here!

You too!

Loved your last update. Could you please pick out my Disney clothes for me because you just have the cutest outfits?

I love all the PP you got with your DD and with your friends.

Seems that you really tricked a few people with the Beverly.

I've been to those restrooms before. I think they are really well hidden. They took us there when I did one of the segway tours or I probably never would have found them.

Hahaha... I would love to pick out your clothes for you! That would be so fun!

Thanks - it's part of our mission every trip.

Hehehe... Yah - It wasn't very nice of me, but it was worth it. :Crazy:

Yah - I'll be seeking out those restrooms again - they were very nice.

HI! Just started reading your TR today and I am loving every second of it! The adventures you and your family/friends went on look like so much fun! And I realized halfway through your TR that our trips this past august overlapped! And I can confirm, it was HOT, very hot!

I love you bags!!!!!!! They are so beautiful! Is there anywhere on line that you happen to sell them? I would be very interested in buying one!

Thanks for all the fun so far, can't wait to read more!

-Alison:tinker:

Welcome! I am glad you are enjoying my TR. How cool that our trips overlapped. Did any of our park days overlap so far?

Thank you - I am glad you enjoy them. Sorry, but I cannot say anything about my bag business on the Dis - it's considered soliciting and I could get banned. I hope you understand. :)

I hope you'll continue to follow along for the last few days of my TR... I have a super long MK day to post yet... and our departure day, as well. ::yes::

This is going to be a super quick upate...

We had a nice long weekend - both Josh and the girls were off of school/work yesterday. We were all lazy and just enjoyed the time off. Gus came over a few times. We all had a nice dinner on Sunday and last night.

Today - it's a Target day for me, and for Allison.

I have to do my heavy lifting this morning.

Then I am off and running all day.

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you. :grouphug:

D~

How great that Olivia got more confident after driving with you. I hope she continues to drive with her mother so she gets a lot of practice.
I hope you have a good day at Target.

Here it's cloudy but no snow from the sky yet. The temperature is above freezing point again which means it's going to be slippery outside.

Ahh how silly of me. I should of thought of that. But anyway, they are truly beautiful, and everyone that wears one also has a special glow to them while in Disney World, it makes the outfit! ;) You should be proud of what you do!

Of course I will be following along for more! I'm hooked! :)

Hi D! I've only read through page 1 and had to pause to say that although I've watched and celebrated your journey on FB to be as fabulous as you are now I loved reading about it. Your story is so raw and compelling and I love that you encourage people to listen to their bodies and do what works for them and not conventional wisdom. Great advice. Now to go back and read about all the fun times from the trip. :flower3:

Just catching up! I think we're all just plugging along trying to get through winter. I seem to read so many trip reports in the months of Jan- March. Although we don't have as much snow as the east coast... I am so tired of this bitter cold wisconsin is having. Waa waa.. lol. Have a good week!

So sorry to hear about the situation with the dog owner and Josh. Surprised the Sheriff didn't show a presence and not just stay/"hide" in the car, strange.

On the plus side, thrilled to know your shelter is a no kill ( so many of them are not ) happy to hear you saw the son walking the dog on a leash too. Looking at the picture again it's good to see that the dogs are social and appear to be healthy. God willing this family will have learned a lesson, find out how they are getting out and fix it, and start to make better changes.

How great that Olivia got more confident after driving with you. I hope she continues to drive with her mother so she gets a lot of practice.
I hope you have a good day at Target.

Here it's cloudy but no snow from the sky yet. The temperature is above freezing point again which means it's going to be slippery outside.

I agree - she has been doing a bit of driving, which I am very happy about. She just needs to keep at it.

Thanks - it was OK.

Be safe!

hi there!
Just checking in. you know i have been reading along..

I know! I love you!

Ahh how silly of me. I should of thought of that. But anyway, they are truly beautiful, and everyone that wears one also has a special glow to them while in Disney World, it makes the outfit! You should be proud of what you do!

Of course I will be following along for more! I'm hooked!

No worries at all. Thanks for understanding. :lovestruc

Awesome! I am happy to hear it.

Hi D! I've only read through page 1 and had to pause to say that although I've watched and celebrated your journey on FB to be as fabulous as you are now I loved reading about it. Your story is so raw and compelling and I love that you encourage people to listen to their bodies and do what works for them and not conventional wisdom. Great advice. Now to go back and read about all the fun times from the trip.

Hi Brenda! Thanks for stopping by! Sadly - I fell behind on your TR months ago... I need to get back at it, I am beyond behind on so many. I am so thankful for FB though, because I am able to keep up with most everyone's lives. :hug:

Thank you... That means a lot. I always feel like people are sick of my sharing, but I keep doing it - if I can inspire one person - that's all that matters to me.

Thanks again for stopping in! :lovestruc

Just catching up! I think we're all just plugging along trying to get through winter. I seem to read so many trip reports in the months of Jan- March. Although we don't have as much snow as the east coast... I am so tired of this bitter cold wisconsin is having. Waa waa.. lol. Have a good week!

I know - I am so tired of winter. This time of year, I just keep telling myself - only a few more weeks of the worst of it... That's the only way I get through. I am beyond ready for shorts/capris/tank tops and flip flops.

Thanks - you too! :)

So sorry to hear about the situation with the dog owner and Josh. Surprised the Sheriff didn't show a presence and not just stay/"hide" in the car, strange.

On the plus side, thrilled to know your shelter is a no kill ( so many of them are not ) happy to hear you saw the son walking the dog on a leash too. Looking at the picture again it's good to see that the dogs are social and appear to be healthy. God willing this family will have learned a lesson, find out how they are getting out and fix it, and start to make better changes.

I agree... But I wasn't here while the sheriff was here - so I am not sure of his reasoning? All I know is what Josh told me - and I was disappointed in that.

Yes, I am glad we have a no kill shelter - but I am a bit disappointed that they won't take animals from citizens, only the authorities. I am also hopeful that involving the sheriff has pushed these people to take better care of their animals. It's such a sad and difficult situation.

Thanks for stopping by Ruthie - it's nice to see you.

**********************************************************************************

I worked at Target yesterday... I am so tired of doing freight all the time. I really want my electronics shifts back. I think I will be talking to HR soon. I don't mind one or two shifts once in a while... but I am coming up on 6 weeks of freight... No thanks. :confused:

Josh was off of work yesterday, he didn't sleep well the night before - so he called in.

He took the opportunity to take MM into the vet... Since the other dogs were here, MM has been shaking his head... $150 later... He has meds for the worms he was exposed to, and also drops to go in his ears for the "irritation"... The vet has been very helpful giving advice about the other 2 dogs... So, it was good that we were able to give them an update on the situation.

Today... I will be working out right away this morning.

Then I will try to get upstairs as soon as possible... Since I had Friday off last week - unscheduled - I still have last week's bag to complete for my friend... So, I hope to work on that for a little while before I start on this week's custom order. Josh also wants me to get my tax stuff in order... I've been dreading it and avoiding it. It's never fun.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Day 7 Part 1

Our final full park day... Of course - it must be MK.

20140826_070139.jpg

ff442e32-01a1-4bad-a93c-e46d60c39a2f.jpg

We were up at 6am and on a bus to MK at 7am. We were a little early - which was good - then there was no running involved.

MK was beautiful and sparkly this morning... I just love it at this time of day!

20140826_072924.jpg

We were in line for our pre-park-opening ADRs... So we were let into the park before the park opened... Ahhhh - perfection!

20140826_074543.jpg

20140826_074605.jpg

20140826_074628.jpg

20140826_074642.jpg

20140826_074729.jpg

20140826_074835.jpg

20140826_074848.jpg

20140826_074903.jpg

20140826_075916.jpg

And what should every person who is allowed into MK early do?

Yup - stop for every Photopass photographer you see!

wd005wdw2014238113382965_7046876233_18.jpeg

wd016wdw2014238113383162_7043109845_18.jpeg

wd022wdw2014238113383163_7043123348_18.jpeg

wd032wdw2014238113383166_7047351289_18.jpeg

wd034wdw2014238113383189_7049125053_18.jpeg

wd025wdw2014238113383170_7043127516_18.jpeg

wd038wdw2014238113383173_7043127720_18.jpeg

wd011wdw2014238113383290_7046887612_18.jpeg

wd023wdw2014238113383292_7043143992_18.jpeg

wd016wdw2014238113383276_7043156049_18.jpeg

wd015wdw2014238113383279_7047350784_18.jpeg

wd025wdw2014238113383470_7049002101_18.jpeg

wd034wdw2014238113383451_7043185887_18.jpeg

Phew... That part is done! I love how each and every one of these photos turned out! We certainly got some good ones.

Breakfast you say? Those of you who know me, know exactly where we are headed...

Link to Day 7 Part 2

D~

Last edited:
I'm so sad to hear that MM got worms from the other dogs. Poor MM :(
I hope you have a great day in your sewing room.

How great to get pictures in an empty Magic Kingdom.

Here it's snowing again. Luckily it doesn't snow that much yet, but the day is still young (it's 1.50pm) so it can still snow a lot before the day is over.

Last edited:
That's so awesome that you get to go into the park before opening for your breakfast....I bet those ADR's are hard to come by!

Beautiful pictures of Main Street! I want to be back there so badly right now. :sad:

I loved everyone of your Photopass pictures but the one of the girls kissing you is just the best!

Oh my goodness D - you started my morning out right - I had a little lump in my throat with the pictures of you and your girls; ya'll are so beautiful together. The very last pic of the 5 of you could not be any better.

A sparkling beautiful morning at MK; the best way to start a day. Cannot wait for more! Have a beautiful day! Hugs and prayers, Carol

My biggest regret from last August is not stopping for PP photogs before our Crystal Palace reservation. We were scheduled for 8am and weren't let into the park until 745, and the lines were loooong so I thought we'd be late. We weren't the first to check in for our breakfast, but we were the first people let into the restaurant, so that was fun, BUT I'm sad about missing all those photos with minimal people behind us. It was the only time I wasn't dragging my family to every photographer we saw. Oh well, live and learn, and this July, GET THOSE PP PICTURES, lol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter