A Bittersweet Return... Winkler's TR ~ Many Pics! Our time is over!

Sept 3

7:30- Wake-up and leisurely head to Pop FC for breakfast
9AM- Pool time!
10:30- Get ready for Epcot
11:15- Bus to Epcot
11:30- Take Friendship to Germany , then walk to Italy (Snack w/i next hour)
12:10- American Adv.
12:45- Japan- Miyuki (12:55), Honobono (1:35)
2PM- Morocco- I'd love to se MoRockin, but don't believe they are playing this day :(
2:45- France
3:30- Canada
- Dinner- Le Cellier Dis Meet 4:20
- Off Kilter (5:30)
6PM- UK- British Invasion (6)
7:45- Head to Norway for snacks and Illuminations Dis Meet
9:30- Bus to Pop and Bedtime!

Oh, that is nothing! Matt used to trap a bit for the neighbor, he had a Muskrat problem at his lake. Well Matt caught a couple and Isabelle picked one up and started petting it! I wasn't there, but I was horrified, nonetheless. He said to her, "You know that is dead, right?" She replies, "Yeah, but it is so soft Daddy!" She was almost 3! Gross, but funny! The best part, I get to tease her about it when she is older, in front of her boyfriends!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

LOL... that just brought back memories... My twins are 23 now.. back when DS was about 7, a traveling museum came to his school, ds was horrified and came home complaining how they made him touch dead animals... he was terrified. I went to the school the next morning, ranting and raving about how do you make children do that? They tried explaining how all the kids were touching them and never had such a response before.... We now joke how it was so blown out of proportion... But out of the mouth of babes!:rotfl2:

LOL... that just brought back memories... My twins are 23 now.. back when DS was about 7, a traveling museum came to his school, ds was horrified and came home complaining how they made him touch dead animals... he was terrified. I went to the school the next morning, ranting and raving about how do you make children do that? They tried explaining how all the kids were touching them and never had such a response before.... We now joke how it was so blown out of proportion... But out of the mouth of babes!:rotfl2:

LOL! Too cute!:lmao:

I SO know, I should be in bed right now, but I'm not...

I REALLY want to share this, then maybe I'll go to bed! LOL!

A little over a week ago, something amazing happened to me, here on the DIS! I have made so many friends on here, and a couple really stand out. One of those is Mouse Triper.

This woman found me on my last TR and kindly volunteered to make collage of my TR photos. She endeed up sending me more than that, however, I also got a keychain with all of my TR photos on it and some slideshows for my DVD player! To add to that, her lovely daughter sent Isabelle a great art set! Well, isn't that just the sweetest! This is one amazing woman! She emails me from time to time, just to check on me! I just love her to pieces! I can't wait until someday, when we can meet IRL!

So, as I was saying, I hadn't checked my email in a few days, and I had like 3 messages from her, bless her heart, she worries so! I thought, well, I'll just read the most recent one...Bad idea! It basically said, " I am worried I made you mad" and I'm thinking, how could she possibly...?

So I read the one before that, well, what she suggested in her first email (which, I had not read yet, LOL!) she went ahead and did! This shows you all how special any friendship "can" be if the friends really care for one another. She knew that last year I made custom outfits for Isabelle and Levi, I hand sewed each piece, as I didn't have a machine! I suppose I gave her the impression that I wasn't going to this year, and she was right. I can't even bring myself to consider the idea. I did once, about a month ago, it went like this...
sees cool Disney fabric and thinks to self...
"That would make a cool top for Isabelle and shorts for Levi..."

It broke my heart! I started crying, in stinkin' wally world!

I can't think of me sewing, without making things for Levi too! If I make an outfit for Isabelle, I need to make something for Levi. Period!

Well, my dear friend got on a board I used to frequent often, the *Disboutique* Thread, I'm sure you've seen it, heck I think they are on, like part 5! On that thread, she posted an idea! Being a fan of Oprah's Big Give, she wanted to do a Big Give for us! Now, as soon as I read that, I cried! No kidding!! My Dh says, are you looking at our TR again? No, it's..., but I couldn't get it out! Of course, I WAS NOT angry!!!!

So, Mouse Triper did this awesome thing and got the ball rolling for some VERY TALENTED ladies to help make this trip a bit more special, since it is going to be so hard for Matt and I. I don't think she thought it would get nearly as much attention as it apparently has! According to her, we will be changing outfits, like 2-3 xs a day! A few of these women have been in contact with me, but the rest is a surprise (I've been somewhat banned from that thread to keep from spoiling the surprise:(LOL) The couple I have talked to, I know are extremely talented women and I can't wait to see their creations! Mouse Tripper told me to be expecting the first one soon! And I have promised her pictures and I will make you the same promise....

So stay tuned for some awesome customs! And once again, THANK YOU MOUSE TRIPPER!!! You are a "kiss" from God reminding me that He has not forgotten me or my pain.

Wow, I got so emotional reading this Alicia. You are a real sweetheart, you know that!! Thank you so much for all the kind words, but more importantly, thank you for allowing me the chance to do this for you guys. You're right, the BIG GIVE just took off more than I had ever dreamed possible. It is truly amazing how many kind-hearted souls came forward offering to help. It really makes me feel good that we are all able to do this for you guys. I know it is a small thing in the scheme of everything but I know it will bring smiles to both you and Isabelle! So thank you!!!!

Isabelle is going to be receiving some of the cutest Disney customs ever...you guys are gonna freak with excitement. You know how excited I am...I can barely keep a secret like this. I so want you to see the outfits but I want you to be surprised to when they arrive too!! Hahahaha...so yeah...no stalking the DisBoutique thread for awile....hahahaha!!! :rotfl2:

I am so glad we are friends, and I hope we can meet in real life sometime soon. You know I am always here for you, anytime, just a phone call away. It has been so wonderful to talk to you on the phone and to talk to Isabelle too. She is an absolute sweatheart!! You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks again for all the thoughtful words. You are an AMAZING woman, you truly are!!!!!

Hugs to you, my friend!
Beth

You've got some serious DIS meets going on. You are gonna be a busy woman!

Which of the ADRs are new ones?

we are doin bbb the following day at MK .... So Isabelle and mini will be able to chat about their experiences hehe :)

Heartfelt hugs to you and your beautiful family.:hug:
Thank you so much. You are too sweet.
we are doin bbb the following day at MK .... So Isabelle and mini will be able to chat about their experiences hehe :)
:thumbsup2

Wow, I got so emotional reading this Alicia. You are a real sweetheart, you know that!! Thank you so much for all the kind words, but more importantly, thank you for allowing me the chance to do this for you guys. You're right, the BIG GIVE just took off more than I had ever dreamed possible. It is truly amazing how many kind-hearted souls came forward offering to help. It really makes me feel good that we are all able to do this for you guys. I know it is a small thing in the scheme of everything but I know it will bring smiles to both you and Isabelle! So thank you!!!!

Isabelle is going to be receiving some of the cutest Disney customs ever...you guys are gonna freak with excitement. You know how excited I am...I can barely keep a secret like this. I so want you to see the outfits but I want you to be surprised to when they arrive too!! Hahahaha...so yeah...no stalking the DisBoutique thread for awile....hahahaha!!! :rotfl2:

I am so glad we are friends, and I hope we can meet in real life sometime soon. You know I am always here for you, anytime, just a phone call away. It has been so wonderful to talk to you on the phone and to talk to Isabelle too. She is an absolute sweatheart!! You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks again for all the thoughtful words. You are an AMAZING woman, you truly are!!!!!

Hugs to you, my friend!
Beth

You know I love you, Girly!!!:lovestruc

I am so excited about the Meets! We will be doing at least 4, Wishes at Poly, Le Cellier, Illuminations, and our second round of GLOW!

I wanted to share a few of the customs I Hand- Sewed last year. Some of them are extra cute pictures anyway!
clothes003.jpg

clothes004.jpg

clothes005.jpg

This had pink around the hem of the pants when I finished.
DSCN5350.jpg

DSCN5334-1.jpg

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5337.jpg

clothes012.jpg

Levi had a Woody set to match!
clothes009.jpg

clothes048.jpg

clothes051.jpg

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family have gone through. I am sure that it will be hard to go back to WDW without Levi but I hope it brings back many great memories.

It looks like you had a great time at the St Louis Zoo. My family loves to go there on occasion. I is one of the best zoos we have ever been to.

Your daughter is beautiful and I love the custom outfits you made, I wish I had that kind of talent. I guess it is a good thing I have boys.

From your itinerary it looks like you will have a great trip. I can't wait to read more!!

Melissa

I remember those pictures... I still can't believe those are hand sewn.... you are my Idol!!! I can barely machine sew let alone by hand

I remember you so clearly from when the disboutique thread first got started because I was blown away by the outfits you created--and all by hand! When you posted the pics on the thread, I knew some serious love and dedication had to go into each and every stitch of those outfits for you to so patiently do all that work by hand. I was, and still am, amazed. I remember thinking, hey, if she can do this by hand, maybe I can give sewing a shot too. :) You inspired me to make some very special clothes for my own children.

I heard about your tragedy soon after it happened and I cried my heart out. I barely knew you at all, but you and your little ones touched my life, and I couldn't begin to imagine your pain. I've held my boys, and my baby girl a little closer ever since. God bless you and your family. May you all find the strength and courage to move forward and once again know joy. May your little angel find peace and happiness as he smiles down on you and your family until you meet again. :hug:

ETA: I had a sneek peek at some of the big give outfits. You and your daughter are in for a real treat! I can't wait to hear all about your reactions.

did your dd get any postcard :rolleyes1

No this time around, yet! Levi and Isabele both got some cute ones last year!

I remember you so clearly from when the disboutique thread first got started because I was blown away by the outfits you created--and all by hand! When you posted the pics on the thread, I knew some serious love and dedication had to go into each and every stitch of those outfits for you to so patiently do all that work by hand. I was, and still am, amazed. I remember thinking, hey, if she can do this by hand, maybe I can give sewing a shot too. :) You inspired me to make some very special clothes for my own children.

I heard about your tragedy soon after it happened and I cried my heart out. I barely knew you at all, but you and your little ones touched my life, and I couldn't begin to imagine your pain. I've held my boys, and my baby girl a little closer ever since. God bless you and your family. May you all find the strength and courage to move forward and once again know joy. May your little angel find peace and happiness as he smiles down on you and your family until you meet again. :hug:

ETA: I had a sneek peek at some of the big give outfits. You and your daughter are in for a real treat! I can't wait to hear all about your reactions.

Thank you. I'm glad I could encourage you to sew again, I've heard that a couple of times now! Protect them the best you can, that is what I did. Unfortunately things aren't foreseen. We can't protect them from everything, although we feel like we can (or should, for that matter), then if something, anything unexpected, should ever happen you feel like a failure as a mom.

No this time around, yet! Levi and Isabele both got some cute ones last year!

Thank you. I'm glad I could encourage you to sew again, I've heard that a couple of times now! Protect them the best you can, that is what I did. Unfortunately things aren't foreseen. We can't protect them from everything, although we feel like we can (or should, for that matter), then if something, anything unexpected, should ever happen you feel like a failure as a mom.
You should not feel like a failure as a mom. You did all you could do.

I am one of the ones making an outfit and a couple of other things for the BIG GIVE. I can't wait to see Isabelle in the outfit I'm making for her. I'm glad I came over here, because I now have faces to put with names.

I'm sorry I don't have time to read the whole PTR right now, but I know I want to! I'm subbing so I can come back and read every word!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter