A Beach day Away from the World ? Where

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by daviddou, Oct 17, 2010.

1. daviddou

daviddou Earning My Ears

Have a family of 6 - which is a bit awkward in size Im finding(i inadvertantly doubled down a few years ago - and got twins)

any how - I'd like to get away from the World for a day in middle of December , and head to Clearwater-from my research seems to be the warmest of places..and nice family place - with (possibly bearable water temp) .. anyhow

Anyone stayed in Clearwater - Finding not alot of places that have 2BDR in which my family(2x 3, 8year old, 10year old, me and spouse ) can stay where it wont be too crowded.

Has anyone run into this before - and/or found a nice place w/2bdr that would comfortable sleep - 6.?

I was thinking the Hilton--on beach(which would be ideal ) but finding I'd have to book 2 indiv rooms (that join) and price would be around $500..for just 1 night.

Thanks In Advance!

2. catne

catne DIS Veteran

try Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key...have not actually stayed at this resort but have driven past & is great location. Have stayed at MANY Marriot hotels across the country, rooms & suites, and have never been let down yet.

You can get a suite for 6 for about $250 a night, near as I can tell from their website.

3. canadianjovigirl

canadianjovigirl DIS Veteran

4. doclegler

doclegler DIS Veteran

There are some BAD rental houses in CB, so beware of those!!
    We stayed at Celebrity Resorts in Indian Shores (just south of CB) and got a huge 2 bdrm, 2 bath suite (3 beds and a pull out sofa too). It was perfect for us. Directly across from beach access and a little quieter than neighboring CB.
    Best of luck to you. We LOVE that area and go every year. Its so beautiful and there is lots to do!! :thumbsup2