A ? about the cheese soup at Le Cellier

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by meganbear, Mar 5, 2004.

1. meganbear

meganbear Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about eating here when we go to Disney in May, everyone is talking about how good the cheese soup is, but I saw where it is made with beer---I HATE beer, I HATE the taste of beer--BLAH! So my question is this, can you actually taste the beer in the cheese soup??? I'm really wanting to try this soup!

2. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

I dislike beer too and I loved this soup along with the preztel breaksticks. I couldn't taste any beer.

herc.

3. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

IMO there was a flavoring from the beer. It wasn't overwhelming and I dislike beer also, and it didn't stop me from loving it.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. mickeysaver

mickeysaver <font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer

I actually kinda like beer. But, I was not that thrilled with the soup.

It was not the best dinner experience that I ever had, but I think it was because of the CP package. But, that's another long story. Maggie

6. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I thought the soup tasted like potato soup:earseek: It was good, but not what I expected. As one who has been known to occasionally sip the suds;) I couldn't say I tasted the beer. Although I've had beer I couldn't taste;)

7. Carol36

Carol36 DIS Veteran

We are also visiting in May and was thinking of returning to have the soup! It is as great! I cannot stand the taste of beer and would not love something that tasted like it! We went at lunch, when the prices were lower and thoroughly enjoyed our meal there. I hope this helps!

Carol36:wave2:

8. meganbear

meganbear Mouseketeer

Thanks! I think I'll definitely be giving this soup a try!!!! :)

9. Tiffany

Tiffany DIS Veteran

The cheese soup is outstanding and I personally do not even taste the beer. I am more of a wine drinker or a Goose and Tonic drinker and I so love this soup.

10. cjsmith

cjsmith <font color=green>We can head over there together

There is so little beer in the soup that's one of the reasons why you can't taste it.