A

Haha, I often wonder what's photographed more... the castle or that lego dragon, lol.

Ahh, I do like the extra Disney touch I've seen done at Starbucks with the Mickey head on the cup. It's the little things...

It still kinda shocks me that I still haven't tried WPE. That must change.

YES, I see the hidden Mickey!! (I think) Is it the tree?

Subbing! Off to a great start, don't know if you mentioned it or not but is this your first cruise? I love cruising, really couldn't say what I love more WDW or cruising because I love them both so much! your daughter is adorable! Looks like she is a good traveler! I squinted and I saw spaceship earth! We never fly over disney, I always look but never see it :( my only good view of disney overhead is on Everest or TOT

Was it hard being on Disney property without going to the parks? I mean the cruise is fabulous obviously, but I would be itching to get into a park!

Good question! No, this wasn't our first cruise (just our first with a kid!). I've done RCCL, Norwegian, Celebrity, and Princess before...and enjoyed all of them! DD is a good traveler - we are lucky! And yes, it was SO hard to be so close to the parks and not go in! :furious:

Great update. Sounds like you did a good job of enjoying non-park things that you don't normally get to on a WDW trip. Nice to have time to wander Downtown Disney at a leisurely pace! Food and dessert look good! Also nice that you were able to take the boat to and from. And you saw some YeeHaw Bob! We have wanted to do that, but it's never worked out in our schedule. Sounds like a full day of fun! :thumbsup2

That's exactly what we tried to do! It was nice to have time to do things that we miss when we're so focused on the parks! :goodvibes

Great update! I never thought of eating at WPE, but after seeing that sandwich, I think I'm gonna be trying it.

DH would highly recommend that sandwich!! :thumbsup2

I LOOOOOVE Wolfgang Puck.... Everything I've eaten there has been great!

Also, that sundae looked yummy! My new obsession is sea salt caramel chocolate stuff.

Good job on resisting buying stuff- that's a feat in itself at Disney! :)

We were so glad we got to try WPE! YUM! And I am also obsessed with anything sea salt caramel flavored! :goodvibes

sounds like a really nice evening ... and good job out of you resisting buying anything!

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of that salad from WPE but it looks really, really good!

Nice night time pictures - and cool you got the volcano erupting.

Glad your daughter had fun dancing! :goodvibes

It was a very nice evening! It took all kinds of restraint to not buy anything - phew! :eek:

What a fun evening you had! Love that you can just take the boat from POR - we never did that when we stayed at that resort in December 2012. Nice to do a little shopping, dinner at WPE is great!! My mom and I (and Aria) ate there in March '13 and I was impressed with the quality esp being a QS. So nice you can get wine too!

I still want to take that balloon ride! It's so pretty in the photos.

Can't wait to hear about your embarkation day! And Boma! Yay!

It was a great meal for a QS...and the wine was the icing on the cake! ;)

I think the views from the balloon ride must be really cool! :goodvibes

Haha, I often wonder what's photographed more... the castle or that lego dragon, lol.

Ahh, I do like the extra Disney touch I've seen done at Starbucks with the Mickey head on the cup. It's the little things...

It still kinda shocks me that I still haven't tried WPE. That must change.

YES, I see the hidden Mickey!! (I think) Is it the tree?

You'll have to try WPE! The food was very good, and the atmosphere/service were nice too!

Yes, the tree! ;)

Love the DD Disney photos! I love that lego dragon too. My boys love the lego store!

We went to that Starbucks last month as well :) Love the mickey head on Justin's name!! <3

My DH would have LOVED that meatloaf sandwich!

We didnt get a chance to check out Yee-Haw Bob on our trip ( since it was so short) but definitely will do it next time.

That hidden Mickey is perfect!

Haha, I thought it was pretty cool!! :thumbsup2

Love the DD Disney photos! I love that lego dragon too. My boys love the lego store!

We went to that Starbucks last month as well :) Love the mickey head on Justin's name!! <3

My DH would have LOVED that meatloaf sandwich!

We didnt get a chance to check out Yee-Haw Bob on our trip ( since it was so short) but definitely will do it next time.

I have a feeling next time we visit the Lego store, we will leave with something for DD -- she had fun playing!

People were definitely having a blast with Yee-Haw Bob!! DD got right in on the action too! :banana:

After breakfast, we quickly checked out the pool area (very cool!), and then hit the road! Port Canaveral here we come!

Ok, well actually, first it was Whole Foods here we come! One major perk of the DCL is that you can bring your own alcohol on board. :cheer2::cheer2:DH is a bit of a beer snob, so we tracked down the closest Whole Foods (because they usually have a very nice selection craft beer – and this one in Orlando did not disappoint!). We grabbed some beer, wine, and champagne to enjoy in our stateroom on the balcony --- and THEN hit the road for Port Canaveral!

It was a quick 45 min drive to the Port. I didn’t take many pictures of this part --- it was a busy hour or so! I dropped DH, DD, and our luggage off at the port. Then, I drove the rental car back to the rental company (stopping at a cheapo souvenir store to buy some cheap beach toys for DD to use at various ports). This was a great plan that I’d heard about on the DIS --- I was able to drop the car, and just hop on the free shuttle back to the port (and not have to worry about fitting 3 of us + luggage onto the shuttle). :thumbsup2

Once I returned, we headed through security, and up into the terminal. We checked in – easy, peasy! (I always get so nervous that we’re going to be missing some key document and not allowed on the ship! But we were good to go!) Our time slot was 11am, and we were right on time.

While waiting for our boarding group to be called, we checked out the model ship—very cool! You can see Minnie greeting in the background. Characters were there throughout boarding – but we decided to skip the line (it wasn’t too long), knowing we’d have lots of opportunity on board.

And of course, we could not bypass Olaf!

And his nose!

And FINALLY, our boarding group was called, and we made our way through the Mickey ears!

And then we were walking to gangway onto the ship! WOOHOO!!! :goodvibes

Coming Next: Lunch and Sail Away!

Breakfast at Boma looked delicious!

I second the not so good Disney coffee!

Good thing to know about the alcohol on The DCL! Im very excited to read more about the cruise!

Mmmmm, Boma for breakfast, then going on a Disney Cruise. Sounds like a great day!! Love the red and white polka-dot dress and bow - soooo cute! :cutie:

Julie, sorry I was a couple of updates behind. I didn't get to read much the day before we left for Vegas and I've been sick all week.

I am SO happy that Disney now has Starbucks. I was getting desperate because Disney's coffee is so bad.

Love that boat ride to DTD! I'm glad you all enjoyed your meal at WPE. We like Earl too, but we have Pot Belly which is similar so we prefer going to WPE now.

Every trip to DTD should include a stop at Ghirardelli.

I'm so glad you liked Boma. With the exception of one time, we've had really good meals there (still trying to squeeze it in during our September trip). I cannot believe how big your daughter has gotten. She is just precious looking for the animals.

:yay::yay::yay: you've arrived at the Port and are on board the ship (cute photos with Olaf). I can't wait to hear all about it.

Your breakfast at Boma looked so yummy! Nice relaxing morning before heading to the ship.

Haha, that first coffee may not be good, but it sure is necessary.

Awww that picture of your daughter is SO CUTE looking for the animals!!! Sorry there wasn't much to see.

I don't know why, but the boarding area reminds me a a Disney value resort lobby.

aw, that was a really cute picture of your daughter trying to spot animals. Glad you enjoyed breakdfast!

And great to know that DCL let's you bring alcohol on board (that could almost bring the cost in line with other cruises for us :rotfl:) - I am right there with your husband with regards to beer so that would be great to know you have stuff that you like available.

Glad things were smooth with returning the car and great idea to get cheap beach toys ahead of time!

Breakfast at Boma looked delicious!

I second the not so good Disney coffee!

Good thing to know about the alcohol on The DCL! Im very excited to read more about the cruise!

Breakfast was delicious!! Allowing alcohol on board is a major perk, if you ask me! I'm sure some people abuse the priviledge, but we really enjoyed being able to enjoy some of our favorite drinks on our balcony!

Mmmmm, Boma for breakfast, then going on a Disney Cruise. Sounds like a great day!! Love the red and white polka-dot dress and bow - soooo cute! :cutie:

Awww, thanks! She calls is her Minnie dress (it was from Old Navy!) :)

Julie, sorry I was a couple of updates behind. I didn't get to read much the day before we left for Vegas and I've been sick all week.

I am SO happy that Disney now has Starbucks. I was getting desperate because Disney's coffee is so bad.

Love that boat ride to DTD! I'm glad you all enjoyed your meal at WPE. We like Earl too, but we have Pot Belly which is similar so we prefer going to WPE now.

Every trip to DTD should include a stop at Ghirardelli.

I'm so glad you liked Boma. With the exception of one time, we've had really good meals there (still trying to squeeze it in during our September trip). I cannot believe how big your daughter has gotten. She is just precious looking for the animals.

:yay::yay::yay: you've arrived at the Port and are on board the ship (cute photos with Olaf). I can't wait to hear all about it.

Yes, we LOVE the addition of Starbucks!! Let's face it, WDW is a place where you need to stay well caffeinated!

She's growing like a weed -- so much more a little kid, and definitely no longer a baby! :worried:

Your breakfast at Boma looked so yummy! Nice relaxing morning before heading to the ship.

It was exactly that --- it wasn't rushed, which was nice...and we were able to enjoy AKL! :goodvibes

Haha, that first coffee may not be good, but it sure is necessary.

Awww that picture of your daughter is SO CUTE looking for the animals!!! Sorry there wasn't much to see.

I don't know why, but the boarding area reminds me a a Disney value resort lobby.

Oh yes, caffeine is essential! Especially on that day!!

Despite there only being a few Giraffe's, DD was happy to just be there looking! :)

aw, that was a really cute picture of your daughter trying to spot animals. Glad you enjoyed breakdfast!

And great to know that DCL let's you bring alcohol on board (that could almost bring the cost in line with other cruises for us :rotfl:) - I am right there with your husband with regards to beer so that would be great to know you have stuff that you like available.

Glad things were smooth with returning the car and great idea to get cheap beach toys ahead of time!

Re: the alcohol cost -- haha YES! It was nice to be able to bring some of our own favorites on board (since they often don't have a beer selection that lives up to DH's liking! ::yes::)

The car rental worked out perfectly --- DCL transportation is convenient, but I'd rent a car again in a heart beat! :thumbsup2

Is there an alcohol limit? That is awesome. Nice idea to go to Whole Foods too, you know things should be good there.

Boma is delicious! Too bad there weren't many animals out! I'm excited to revisit Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko in a couple weeks!!

What a great idea to try and jazz up Disney coffee with hot chocolate! Going to try that out!

I LOVE AKL!!! I am staying there again in Feb! Seeing animals is wonderful! I have never tried Boma either and it's on tap for Feb!

Love the port pictures! The excitement of checking in and all that is so awesome!

Your DD is adorable in that little dress!

Is there an alcohol limit? That is awesome. Nice idea to go to Whole Foods too, you know things should be good there.

Boma is delicious! Too bad there weren't many animals out! I'm excited to revisit Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko in a couple weeks!!

What a great idea to try and jazz up Disney coffee with hot chocolate! Going to try that out!

No limit, other than you have to carry it on with (can't put it in your checked bags)! Yeah, WF always has a good craft beer selection -- and this one was no exception!

It's like a faux café mocha! It is a little better! :thumbsup2

I LOVE AKL!!! I am staying there again in Feb! Seeing animals is wonderful! I have never tried Boma either and it's on tap for Feb!

Love the port pictures! The excitement of checking in and all that is so awesome!

Your DD is adorable in that little dress!

AKL was great! I'd love a room overlooking the Savannah!

The port was busy, but not crazy...and it was pretty smooth overall! I am totally mystified by how they get so many people off and on in just a matter of hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter