A 2 Week Grand Villa Extravaganza! 2.5 Years Late... FINAL DAY!!

Duffy Lover

What?!?!? No!
Howdy Friends! It has been quite some time since my family arrived at "The Happiest Place on Earth," and I am finally ready to begin this epic trip report. Why is it so epic? It spans 14 nights, three DVC resorts, 10 people, 11 (or is it 12?) ADRs, Memory Maker, countless FP+ reservations... I could go on and on...

I actually considered changing the title of the trip report based on some recurring themes and jokes from the trip (That kid is on the escalator again! Look Yeti Piss! Don't Judge Me!), but I decided to stay with my original title. I have a completed Pre-Trip Report using that title, and our trip really was an extravaganza that featured an eight night stay in a OKW Grand Villa. So there you go, the title will remain the same. But stay tuned, people! I will explain the jokes and themes that made me consider a title change.

Here is one of my favorite photos of my family whilst on our trip.... Photopass was our friend on this trip, but for a multitude of reasons, whether it was a golf outing, sleeping in, late arrivers or exhaustion, the following photo is one of the very few Photopass snaps that has all ten of us:

FYI: I am not editing anything else in this post, so the verb tenses may be a bit odd considering this trip is over now...

Now onto the introductions... Who am I you ask?

My name is Maggie and I am a 35 year old wife and mother of two beautiful daughters (more on them in later in the post). I am a high school math teacher, Dean of Students and Director of Assessment at a small school district in northwestern Colorado:

I also love to read, go camping, hang with my family, and play hockey. Lots and lots of hockey:

Enough about me, now about the trip....

This trip has been three years in the making. For your reading pleasure I have done an extensive pre-trip report that has chronicled my past trips as an adult, as well as very detailed plans on our resorts (there are 3 - DVC) our ADRs (there are 11) and our daily plans (15 glorious days)! Here is a link:

Pre-Trip Report

I have spent a lot of time on this report, so feel free to pour over it… My wonderful parents "Buszia" (my mom who is Pirate Granny on Disboards) and my dad "Papa" are the reason why this trip is happening. They bought DVC at OKW, BCV and VWL after we rented points on our 2011 spring break trip (read the pre-trip report to learn more).

They are treating my family, my older sister and her boys and my little sister on this amazing trip. Love you Pirate Granny! The title of this trip refers to the eight nights we will be staying at OKW in a grand villa (Hospitality House area, baby!). The other six nights will be the first four at BCV and then the last two at VGF.

Let’s get to know the other members of this trip report. My older sister Drea is a vibrant, beautiful, recently divorced lawyer, (so glad her ex-husband won’t be joining us on this trip) and mom of two:

Her little boys are just my girls’ ages and I can’t wait to see them all at WDW together. My oldest nephew, Josh, is seven and the little guy, Ryan, will be celebrating his fifth birthday while on this trip:

My little sister Brie will also be there. She has just recently purchased her own home in our home town, and is a successful bank manager. She is so much fun, too!

Together the three of us are a triple threat. Both my amazing sisters are single boys… Just sayin’.

Now my little family unit. My husband and I have been together since 1999 and we married in 2006. In 2007 we welcomed Emelia (aka Eme) and she is a super inquisitive, empathetic and sensitive little girl:

She just got the glasses about two weeks ago. My baby is Clara and she is four years old. She is very verbose and will make you roll on the floor laughing with her insights into the world:

My girls light up my life but this report wouldn’t be complete without my rock, my love, Caz (short for Casimir – a family, Polish name):

Caz won’t be joining us until day seven of our trip, which is a bummer, but this allowed us to stay at BCV legally with nine of us. So there you have our cast, and now let’s go!

I am planning on updating this report on a daily basis with (hopefully) a picture a day while we are there, plans and time allowing. So sit back and enjoy the ride! See ya real soon….

Just finished reading your pre-trip report. Loved all the adorable photos! Big family trips are the best - looking forward to reading your report!

Yaaaayyy!!! Can't wait to read all out it:)

Can't wait to get to WDW!

Just finished reading your pre-trip report. Loved all the adorable photos! Big family trips are the best - looking forward to reading your report!

I promise many more adorable photos!

Can't wait to read! :cool1:

I hope to post at least a couple times while we're there. I'm aiming for a post/picture a day!

Thanks for coming along for the ride folks! Less than 100 hours now...:dance3:

Had to read, particularly after I saw the pic of your youngest sister and went "wait! That's comerica park!"

Then of course it all made sense, but I am also a detroit girl! Currently living in the suburbs!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! The plans sound great!

I just subscribed to your PTR, none too soon of course with only 3 days until the trip :rotfl:! So I have to see how the trip unfolds!

Followed over from your pre-TR - really looking forward to your posts from WDW and the TR! How exciting that your trip is so close now! :woohoo:

Had to read, particularly after I saw the pic of your youngest sister and went "wait! That's comerica park!"

Then of course it all made sense, but I am also a detroit girl! Currently living in the suburbs!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! The plans sound great!

Good eye on the Comerica Park thing... My parents and little sis live in the "Down River" area...

I'm in and can't wait for you to get the report started : )

Thanks for joining up! I can't wait to get there tomorrow. Eek! It's tomorrow!!! :cool1:

I just subscribed to your PTR, none too soon of course with only 3 days until the trip :rotfl:! So I have to see how the trip unfolds!

Hey, the good news about that is you won't have to wait for me to finish the PTR! Cross your fingers for us that it goes smoothly...

Followed over from your pre-TR - really looking forward to your posts from WDW and the TR! How exciting that your trip is so close now! :woohoo:

So, so, so close. I'm just waiting for the 24 hour mark to hit so I can check in for our flight. Less than an hour now!

Thanks everyone for reading. I'm beyond excited! Let the fun begin....

So I've been out of the loop the last three days as I've had the wonderful (?) opportunity to chaperone 19 eighth graders to Moab, UT. We left Tuesday morning and returned yesterday evening. It was pretty good for the most part, with some teenager craziness thrown in there. I don't know if it was the best idea to go on this hiking trip just days before our Disney trip, but I survived. It was a good warm-up for all our "hiking" at the parks! Here are some pictures (you won't see any of the students as it violate's their privacy):

My little green tent at our campground (it's artsy because it's tilted):

Rock formations seen from our hikes:

Pretty desert flowers:

Rock carins that lead the way while hiking:

So there you have it... I'll be posting pics from Florida before you know it!

I hope that you're having a great time! Can't wait to see the updates! I'm jealous that you will be in beaches & cream soon!

I seen you say that the family lives in downriver, I'm not too far away in Toledo! The back of my neighborhood is the actual Ohio/Michigan line!

We made it!!! Travels went really well and we arrived at BCV about 13 minutes before our estimated time of arrival of 6:30 pm EST. The cousins were thrilled to be together:

I don't want to go into detail, but we had a blast at Beaches and Cream:

I'm pretty tired, so that's all for now (the sun woke me up at 5:30am, sure looking forward those hotel black out curtains).

See ya real soon!

Following along after having read your PTR. Loving getting to see the trip actually happen! I'm sure you all will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter