999 Meals, But There's Room for 1,000 - An April 2016 Dining Report - Complete/New DR Link - 10/16

Where have I been? Geeze, you went to DW & came back since my last visit to this report, which was August 10th! Love your reviews! You crack me up, & Casey is too adorable! Can't wait to start reading your next report! Reading the description of your meals makes me want to change my dining reservations over & over!

Can we just make a book of all your drunken slurs?!

I second this! Your drunken Narcoosee notes are hilarious. Of course the book would have to be accompanied by those lovely food photos.

Reading your Tonga Toast review I am reassured that I made the right choice canceling Kona.

As usual thoroughly enjoyed following along and eagerly waiting the next one.

Next stop was Africa for some traditional tribal face painting for Casey :-)
Thatta girl! Get yo' face on!

It was a bit odd to suck up the balls (insert you best 12 year old boy comment here)
I would love to, but the DIS will give me an infraction or possibly ban me...

But never fear, we had adult supervision.....
Oh, then ya'll are in good hands, no worries.

For our entrees Jason went with the Heritage Farms Cheshire Pork Rib Chop which comes with Fregola Sarda Pasta Sofrito, Chicken-Pistachio Sausage, Baby Beets, Roasted Carrots, Cipollini Onion, Gala Apple Butter.
Unf. That looks freakin' delicious.

As we all know by now I loath, despite, hate, and just generally detest all things mushrooms so I had ordered this with mushroom on the side. Unfortunately apparently in my wine haze the server took this as me wanting a side of mushrooms. So not only did my scallops come with mushrooms in it, but we also got a $15 side of mushroom. I elected not to ruin my camera with a pic of the mushrooms, but suffices to say I had nothing to do with them. Jason and Casey however devoured them and said they were "very good but nit like $15 gold nuggets." I got nothing on that one.
I would have happily eaten your $15 dollar mushrooms for you. AND picked them out of your entree. I'm a good friend.

We also got a side of lobster mac and cheese, because a little more carb never hurt anyone.
THOSE CARBS, THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL. *weeps*

I'm sure this was every bit as good as amazing as it was the first time I had it. Unfortunately I can't confirm that from my notes because "j not hige fan not like almond but do crunch it Casey did Cherri's Def most refined desser on prop."
I'm pretty sure that your drunken notes alone have convinced me to try Narcoosee's on a future solo outing.

3f4a3d62-4697-49ed-8c9d-090b1cf2dbdd.jpg
Jesus. I'm not even a pancake person, and this looks super delicious.

I couldn't resist not using this photo again ; )
And I'm SO glad that you did, because it just cracked me up all over again.

The Wave. This was a great surprise and a wonderful (dare I say it) buffet.
Thanks to your review, in February I've not one breakfast ADR here, but two of them... On the same day. With two totally different groups of people.

Udon noodles from Japan. Now it may have had something to do with my level of tipsiness at this point and severe need for carbs, but these bad boys hit my proverbial carbtastic spot!
Jesus. I'd have to pluck the wad of carrots off the top, but otherwise, this looks SO GOOD. I love udon noodles. I miss noodles.

Liberty Tree Tavern. It's an oldie, but a goodie. Ooey Gooey Toffee cake I am not worthy!
I finally get to experience this wonderment next month! I hope it lives up to all of the hype!

Thanks to everyone for following along. I of course have another one right around the corner and I'll post a link as soon as I get it started.
Gimme that link and I promise to try to follow along better than I did on this one!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such an enjoyable report! Very much looking forward to your new report :goodvibes

Love your reviews and I am so sad its over. Just arrived back from WDW late last night so I am playing catch up on here.

Fast and furious finish! Kona sounds good but we are going 'Ohana next trip. We are still on the character dining train! Love me some Mango Margarita (what can I say, I'm easy to please). Love the faves list. Bloody Mary looks good. We may have to try Hoop Dee Doo on an upcoming trip!

Looking forward to the next one!
Yep I'm usually more of a slow and decidedly unfurious kinda girl, but we're already a month plus back from our last trip and I haven't even looked at pictures yet!!!!!!

You should definitely try Hoop. I was surprised how great it was for kids so your boys should love it.

I love your reviews (especially the drinks.. Makes me wish I drink more too :rotfl: and I mean that in a positive way) and am looking forward to the next report! Love Casey's pictures too! That last picture of her concentrating on her run is too precious! We're going in December for my two year old's first trip and am hoping he would eat as well as Casey! :)

Oh and am especially looking forward to reading about your appetizer crawl! We did that in Vegas and SF pre baby. Maybe in a few years we would be able to do it again ;)
Is drinking ever not positive :drinking1:confused3

How amazing you've got your childs first visit right around the corner. We first took Casey when she was 2 1/2 and it was the perfect age. Cause of course she was free, but she was able to understand what was going on and thankfully not melt down!

Sadly the appetizer crawl wasn't quite what I envisioned, but we did our best despite the Hurricane having other ideas.

Love your reviews--can't wait for the next one! And that pic of your hubby will never, ever stop being funny. :rotfl2:
Glad you get me :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

One can never be too pretty for math! (Or else how would I do the job I do ;))

Looks like a good last day! Glad you got a pleasant server at Kona. I used to like Tonga Toast but it really is too much sweets too early in the morning for me at least now. When I was younger it was ok!

Your samosas do look good at Animal Kingdom! I almost got those last weekend but the stand was out of my friend's need for Hummus so we left and got alcohol instead.
Yeah I'm technically not too pretty for math either (or at least don't tell the people whose budget I manage), but sometimes its fun to pretend I am :-)

Love the way you think. No samosas = more alcohol. Great minds!

This was such a great report! I loved every bit of it, and just adore your family. I'm really looking forward to your next report!

PS Because of you, I have made an ADR at LTT (in less than 2 weeks)! MUST try the ooey gooey cake!
Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I certainly like eating and drinking it all. Hope you love LTT!!!!! Ooey gooey cake is amazing (spoiler alert we also found something at Skippers Canteen that was pretty darn close too)

Spent the entire weekend reading all of your dining reports. Love you writing style! Have you ever done V&A? Would love to hear your foodie thoughts on that. Once I'm no longer a broke college students it's the first thing on my list. Can't wait for the next report!
Wow, that is so awesome. I hope you enjoyed them.

No we've never done V&A. We've talked about it a few times and even made reservations once, but have never gone through with it. We've done some similar restaurants here in DC and The French Laundry in CA, which is supposed to be one of the best in the world. I'm game for V&A, but I think Jason really wants more of that casual (albeit signature) feel when we are in the world.

Another great report! Until you showed the race picks I forgot we were still on F&G and not Augusts trip! Lol
I know right! Try being me and keeping them straight. #DisneyDiningProblems

Nice ending, now you can get on to the dining report where you met some really cool peeps ;)
We did Kona breakfast a few years ago and Steve tried the Tonga toast after reading so many great reviews here and even hearing a friend rave about it. Not impressed. I had the pineapple mac pancakes which I thought were fine but if you haven't gotten this idea yet, if Steve doesn't like a place, we don't tend to go back lol. That's too bad Harambe was taking too long because I really think you guys would enjoy it! Actually when we ate there last month we were annoyed with their ordering system too; there was hardly anyone in front of us and it still took awhile because of how they do it :rolleyes:
I totally forgot about the samosas there, I've been wanting to try them!

And OMG how was Amy Schumer? LOVE her.......
Cool peeps???? I have no idea of those cool peeps of which you speak. :P

What, if Steve doesn't like something you don't return? Hadn't gotten that idea at all. Even worse, hope he liked me :confused3

Amy Schumer was awesome. But of course what is not to love with a woman who chugs wine straight from the bottle and talks about drinking and hooking up all the time. #SeparatedAtBirth

Thanks for the read! You have given me so many ideas of things to try on future trips. Glad to have another report coming soon to follow along :)
Glad you enjoyed!!!!

Love your notes when you have had a few, so funny. I have to say Narcoosees dinner looks really good, maybe someday I will get there. I tried Tonga toast at Kona and liked it but probably one and done for me, we actually had a nice waiter there! I will be joinin in and reading your new report, thanks for all the great reviews!
Thankfully for your sake you did not have to experience me in all my tipsy glory :P Sounds like Tonga Toast may be on the outs. Maybe we can start a club or something :-)

I agree about the Tonga Toast. It wasn't inedible or anything, but it wasn't my favorite. It was very heavy, not enough filling, too much bread (which is a lot, coming from me...I LOVE BREAD) and the bananas were too green. I didn't finish it. The bird that stole some off my plate seemed to enjoy it though!
That's like vote number 5 against Tonga Toast. How on earth did I actually read good things about it before now and where were all you people warning me :-)

Wait what? Hair of the dog sister!
What can i say I'm a wuss. Hair of the dog has never worked for me.

I'm afraid that's how I would feel about the Tonga Toast. I love it in theory but am afraid it would be to bready for me. I'm all about sauce and not fruity sauce, so any kind of "Benedict" is more my style
Take this as you're official warning! Stay away from the Tonga Toast Kelly!!!

Another super awesome food and drink report Kari! Can't wait for the next round!
Thanks and I can't wait to hear about yours. Be sure to drop me a note when you get it started as I'm horrible at finding reports until they are almost over.

Love your whole report.....looking forward to your next one. I'm starting to work on mine but know it will pale in comparison.
Thanks so much. Be sure to message me a link to your report. I'd love to follow it.

Another great report, can't wait for the next one! :D
Fingers crossed I've got some time on Columbus Day to get it started.

Great wrap up! I swear the pic of Casey running is just one of my all time DIS faves- she's just too cute for words. I am really not a breakfast eater but maybe I should give Kona a try - not the Tonga though, I too am not so much a sweets person. Those samosas in AK look amazing - putting on the must try list!

Can't wait for your next report. I'm so excited it will be right around the corner!!M
Thanks. Her running pic is one of our favs too. Working on getting a print of it so we can put it in the house (sadly Jason won't let me do the same with his though).

Awesome wrap up! Thinking you may have still been tipsy from the night before if you actually reported happy service at Kona! LOL That is something I would love to see whenever we visit there again!

Looking forward to the next one!
Yeah, maybe you have that one right. Good service at Kona = Drunk. Happy to report they were back to their usual grouchy selves on our last visit :-)

Where have I been? Geeze, you went to DW & came back since my last visit to this report, which was August 10th! Love your reviews! You crack me up, & Casey is too adorable! Can't wait to start reading your next report! Reading the description of your meals makes me want to change my dining reservations over & over!
Yep been to Disney and back a month now and still haven't downloaded a dang picture. So where have you and I both been? :confused3

I second this! Your drunken Narcoosee notes are hilarious. Of course the book would have to be accompanied by those lovely food photos..
A book of food pictures and drunken notes, there has to be a coffee table book in there, right????

Thatta girl! Get yo' face on!
Not get yo' face on, Get yo' Billie on. Seriously can't see someone with face paint and not think of you.

I would have happily eaten your $15 dollar mushrooms for you. AND picked them out of your entree. I'm a good friend.
You are a good friend. Maybe we'll just take you on all our vacations with us and you can be my official mushroom picker outer.

THOSE CARBS, THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL. *weeps*
Two weeks Billie, Just two weeks and the carbs can be yours!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that your drunken notes alone have convinced me to try Narcoosee's on a future solo outing.
Or maybe with a Mom outing cause you know you might be right there already :-)

Thanks to your review, in February I've not one breakfast ADR here, but two of them... On the same day. With two totally different groups of people.
TWO. On the same Day. This I gots ta see

I finally get to experience this wonderment next month! I hope it lives up to all of the hype!
In all of your copious amount of spare time please feel free to message me while you're eating and keep me posted on each and every bite

BAHAHAHAHAHA! :laughing: Love it!
:-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such an enjoyable report! Very much looking forward to your new report :goodvibes
Thank you, thank you, thank you for following along again. I totally would have given up on my drunken, sarcastic self by now :P

Great wrap up and looking forward to hearing about the next adventure!!
Thanks!

Love your reviews and I am so sad its over. Just arrived back from WDW late last night so I am playing catch up on here.
And I thought I had a Disney problem. I think your visits might top mine Lori!:-)

Awesome report! Looking forward to the next one!
Thanks so much

That's like vote number 5 against Tonga Toast. How on earth did I actually read good things about it before now and where were all you people warning me :-)

I don't know! Where was everyone when I ordered it? I read so many raves!

Hey Kari! I'm late catching up, but I did read almost all of what I missed ;) Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Casey's kindergarten pics are so cute! Can't wait to hear about your most recent adventure.

I love that drink. Where did you get the recipe?

Sorry it took me so long to post/respond. We actually just winged it based on the ingredients and just played until it was close. lol Orange Vodka, St. Germaine and a splash of cranberry juice. Some ice and a VitaMix!! And almost like being in France...ahhh La Vie En Rose...literally cannot wait until next May to have the perfect version :-)

I am so behind - but finally finished and cant wait to read your next report.

We did HDDR for the first time in May and also really enjoyed - but I will say the wine they served was terrible...I should have had beer.

We also love Yachtsmen! I love an Onion Roll! We have a little bakery down the block from us and man the Onion Pockets they sell...so good.

Hey Kari! I'm late catching up, but I did read almost all of what I missed ;) Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Casey's kindergarten pics are so cute! Can't wait to hear about your most recent adventure.
Hi there married lady!!!!! Hope the wedding and honeymoon were amazing. Oh what am I saying, there is no way they couldn't!!!!!!!!! Are you doing an Aulani trip report? Send me the link if you are.

I am so behind - but finally finished and cant wait to read your next report.

We did HDDR for the first time in May and also really enjoyed - but I will say the wine they served was terrible...I should have had beer.

We also love Yachtsmen! I love an Onion Roll! We have a little bakery down the block from us and man the Onion Pockets they sell...so good.
Well good news is you finished just in time for me to start the next one!!!!!!! And thanks for the note on the HDDR wine, will definitely be sure to steer clear of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter